Best Actor (Male): Stephen Amell

Best Actor (Female): Emily Bett Rickards

Best Guest Star With 3 Or More Episodes: Echo Kellum

Best Guest Star With 1 or 2 Episodes: Matt Ryan

Favorite Writer: Marc Guggenheim

Favorite Director: James Bamford

Best Villain: Damien Darhk

Favorite Character: Felicity Smoak/Overwatch

Although the character has been polarizing (keep reading to see what we mean), the people who love Felicity Smoak, really love Felicity Smoak. This year, Felicity faced new challenges, questioned her role in Team Arrow, faced a major physical challenge, learned Oliver had kept a really bad secret, and faced a reunion with her long-unseen father, Noah Kuttler. And she got a codename! Felicity got up and walked away with 51% of the vote here.

For second place, another polarizing character finally gets her due: Laurel Lance/Black Canary is honored with 21% of the vote, showing that yes, the fans were out there, and yes, she’s going to be missed.

At 12%, #3 is Oliver Queen, the title character of Arrow, and #4 was John Constantine, because who doesn’t love John Constantine?

Least Favorite Character: Felicity Smoak/Overwatch

Remember what we said about Felicity Smoak being polarizing?

72% of those who voted picked Felicity as their least favorite character from Arrow Season 4 — showing that, just like there are people who love Felicity, there are people who don’t like her, too.

And, just like how the #2 Favorite Character was Laurel Lance, she’s landed as the #2 Least Favorite Character, too, with 13%.

Donna Smoak came in #3 with 4% of the vote

Biggest Shocker: Damien Darhk Kills Laurel

Admit it: When we saw Oliver and Barry at the gravesite at the end of the Arrow season premiere, we didn’t really think they’d kill off Dinah Laurel Lance, whose Black Canary is an important part of the Green Arrow mythos, would they?

But they did, and even though the identity of the character killed may have been spoiled by crafty photographers up in Vancouver, it was still a very shocking moment when it finally happened. 17% of those who voted picked that for Biggest Shocker.

(We’re assuming you’ve already seen Arrow Season 4, and thus, aren’t spoiled by this.)

The attack of Oliver and Felicity’s limo in “Dark Waters” was very close behind at #2, with 16%, and very close to that was “Oliver and Barry at the grave” from the season premiere.

Best Action Sequence: The “Elevator Fight” (“Brotherhood”)

Best Pairing: Oliver and Felicity (Olicity)

Olicity” as a pairing was winning GreenArrowTV Awards before they even got together on the show, and now, the pairing gets its fourth consecutive GATV Award for the couple, who started the season in Ivy Town bliss complete with failed omelettes and visits with peppy neighbors, got engaged, and then faced their own challenges with a secret that tore them apart. Whether romantic or as friends, Oliver and Felicity mean a lot to one another, which is probably why the season ended with them as the only two left in the Arrow lair. 74% picked these two as their favorite… and again, it must be pointed out that wins are fair and square, by groups of fans who actively choose to vote. No cheating is allowed (that we are aware of).

#2 for Best Pairing was Oliver & Laurel, a long time friendship and bond that, of course, was snuffed with the death of Black Canary. However, the Black Canary’s legacy lives on, and even if we don’t see Laurel back in the land of the living, she will remain as a part of Oliver’s heart, much like Tommy has. This coupling came in at 8%.

I really love Craig being a little bitch.

• Love 5

"The wins are fair and square, ya'll. I mean, I wouldn't have voted this way, and did you see how Felicity won Least Favorite Character? But GATV is totes not biased. Nosiree. Give me clicks."  - a quote from Craig, probably

/rolls eyes

Edited by calliope1975
i should spell the name of the person i'm mocking correctly
  • Love 15

I like how he brought up cheating only in the best couple write up, but not when Felicity won 72% in least favorite. 

None of the winners in the other categories won by much more than 50% of the vote, but 72% hated Felicity! Totally no bias/cheating involved, nope!

• Love 10
Just now, lemotomato said:

I like how he brought up cheating only in the best couple write up, but not when Felicity won 72% in least favorite. 

None of the winners in the other categories won by much more than 50% of the vote, but 72% hated Felicity! Totally no bias/cheating involved, nope!

Plus, he had to put that caveat of "no cheating is allowed (that we are aware of.)" Cuz, you know, people probably cheated since everyone actually hates Felicity. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I wish douchecanoe would release actual voting count rather than percentages, so we could point and laugh a lot at which categories got people rilly rilly invested in figuring out ~alternate ways to acquire unique IPs.

Despite his insistence, the voting wasn't IP locked. I know I was allowed to vote on categories I knew I had voted in before on the same device if I went back after enough time had passed. (I tried it out just to see if I could). All we have is his word that he only counted votes from each IP once. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I wish douchecanoe would release actual voting count rather than percentages, so we could point and laugh a lot at which categories got people rilly rilly invested in figuring out ~alternate ways to acquire unique IPs.

That, and the fact that without actual voting count, it's not at all clear how representative these numbers are of Arrow viewers.  If he got a million votes per category, then yes, I'm willing to buy that Felicity is a polarizing character. If 500 votes, I'm only willing to buy that Felicity is a polarizing character on the GATV site.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Despite his insistence, the voting wasn't IP locked. I know I was allowed to vote on categories I knew I had voted in before on the same device if I went back after enough time had passed. (I tried it out just to see if I could). All we have is his instance that he only counted votes from each IP once. 

I mean, technically, every time you connect to a different wi-fi network you have a different IP. All you need is time investment to vote once from home, once from work, once from your favorite coffeshop, once from the gym, once from your mom's place, once from your BFF's place, once from the pub, etc.

8 minutes ago, quarks said:

That, and the fact that without actual voting count, it's not at all clear how representative these numbers are of Arrow viewers.  If he got a million votes per category, then yes, I'm willing to buy that Felicity is a polarizing character. If 500 votes, I'm only willing to buy that Felicity is a polarizing character on the GATV site.

I think last year [or the year before?] he released some numbers? I think there were 3k-3.5k votes. Not in any way significant masses.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

I mean, technically, every time you connect to a different wi-fi network you have a different IP. All you need is time investment to vote once from home, once from work, once from your favorite coffeshop, once from the gym, once from your mom's place, once from your BFF's place, once from the pub, etc.

No, I know. I meant that I was able to vote again from my home computer and home wi-fi network when I tried a couple weeks after my initial votes. So I think the mechanism was time sensitive rather than IP locked.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I think last year [or the year before?] he released some numbers? I think there were 3k-3.5k votes. Not in any way significant masses.

So well under 1% of Arrow's U.S. viewership alone.

On a separate note, I admit I am kinda surprised that Poppy didn't join Felicity, Laurel and Donna in the list of least favorite characters.  Was she not an option, or did viewers honestly have trouble remembering how they felt about her when they voted?

• Love 3

Felicity got up and walked away with 51% of the vote here.

For second place, another polarizing character finally gets her due: Laurel Lance/Black Canary is honored with 21% of the vote, showing that yes, the fans were out there, and yes, she’s going to be missed.

Normally I'd rant a bit over on Ksite  in the comment section (though I did quit the forums cold turkey since back in May- somebody give me my three month chip) but Craig's dog is sick so instead, I'd just like to point out here the false equivalency given in the Favorite Actress announcement.  

How is 21% finally getting her due when not only does it put her in second place but it's a distant second place earned by having not even half the votes of the first place winner?  That's a huge gap, but it's treated like a close call.  Almost 80% didn't choose her as a favorite but just over the fifth of the voters that did, is somehow giving Laurel her due?

It's mystifying and insulting, both overinflating the importance of the numbers and implying that she isn't due anything more than the fifth of the fandom that put her at the top of their list.   

Also I'd like to pick the bone of how Felicity getting 51% is stated.  Got up and walked away.  Yep, tying her winning the poll to one of the most mocked moments in the series.  But there's no bias at all.  Insert eye roll. 

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Normally I'd rant a bit over on Ksite  in the comment section (though I did quit the forums cold turkey since back in May- somebody give me my three month chip)

CONFETTI! IT'S A PARADE!

2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I have a question... Did any of you post on GATV site (positive Felicity/Olicity comments)  and have your comments not appear? 

Kind of. I posted a response when he added Felicity to the Villain category. He deleted mine and a bunch of others when he removed her.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I have a question... Did any of you post on GATV site (positive Felicity/Olicity comments)  and have your comments not appear? 

@BkWurm1 I wonder if it's you who said this..

Not me.  I haven't posted anything in a long time there, but it's not uncommon for posts to seem to vanish.  First posts have to be approved and will disappear until that happens.  Same with different IP addresses and other glitchy stuff. Usually everything eventually shows back up.

1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

@BkWurm1 I wonder if it's you who said this..

I don't comment there, but a friend (athenaagron on Twitter) has had two positive Felicity/Olicity comments deleted. She saw her comment show up and then disappear several hours later.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, quarks said:

So well under 1% of Arrow's U.S. viewership alone.

On a separate note, I admit I am kinda surprised that Poppy didn't join Felicity, Laurel and Donna in the list of least favorite characters.  Was she not an option, or did viewers honestly have trouble remembering how they felt about her when they voted?

I just, reluctantly, visited the site and in the comments Craig has said only 7 people voted for Diggle as Least Favorite character. 7 people out of 8768. 

So...say that the same amount of people voted in all rounds and there was no cheating (even though I do think there was). This show is watched by over 2 million and more worldwide. And they say this is indicative all the whole audience. Um...sure, Jan.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Also I'd like to pick the bone of how Felicity getting 51% is stated.  Got up and walked away.  Yep, tying her winning the poll to one of the most mocked moments in the series.  But there's no bias at all.  Insert eye roll. 

Seriously. I love how he tries to act like a professional but has no idea of what that entails. 

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Kind of. I posted a response when he added Felicity to the Villain category. He deleted mine and a bunch of others when he removed her.

Mine too. 

I just want to comment on  'the stunts are amazing because of Bam'...I'm sorry, wasn't the argument that the fights sucked in the last 2 seasons? How does that work?*snort*

• Love 2

Whether romantic or as friends, Oliver and Felicity mean a lot to one another, which is probably why the season ended with them as the only two left in the Arrow lair. 74% picked these two as their favorite… and again, it must be pointed out that wins are fair and square, by groups of fans who actively choose to vote. No cheating is allowed (that we are aware of).

#2 for Best Pairing was Oliver & Laurel, a long time friendship and bond that, of course, was snuffed with the death of Black Canary. However, the Black Canary’s legacy lives on, and even if we don’t see Laurel back in the land of the living, she will remain as a part of Oliver’s heart, much like Tommy has. This coupling came in at 8%.

I love that he gives so much weight to second choice, at 8%, when the first choice was 74%.  I suspect the choice #3 wasn't all that far behind choice #2.

• Love 9

You mean how Oliver and Felicity, who were living together for months and were about to get married, only "mean a lot to one another" but Laurel and Oliver have "a long time friendship and bond" and she's "a part of Oliver’s heart"?

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

You mean how Oliver and Felicity, who were living together for months and were about to get married, only "mean a lot to one another" but Laurel and Oliver have "a long time friendship and bond" and she's "a part of Oliver’s heart"?

Pretty much.

Look, I have no issue with anyone having favorites and dislikes or whatever. But just admit it, dude! Stop trying to pretend GATV is accessible and welcoming to all Arrow fans because IT'S NOT. And don't act butthurt when called out on it. Just become a GA/BC 5ever site and be done with it, FFS.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 12
Just now, Angel12d said:

. Just become a GA/BC site and be done with it, FFS.

Yes, but hilariously, the site itself acknowledges that Oliver/Felicity has won Most Popular Pairing four times in a row now - which means they won even back in season one, when Oliver/Laurel were the official major couple. And Felicity/EBR have continued to win most of the polls on that site.

And look, I don't want to dip too much into fandom talk here, but this is a persistent trend: even sites regarded as pro-Laurel/Black Canary and anti-Felicity (GATV, IMDB) still tend to show positive Felicity/EBR trends - with these polls here, showing a preference for Felicity/EBR/Olicity and over on IMDB, with Felicity-centric or Olicity-centric episodes typically earning higher IMBD ratings than Laurel/Black Canary centric or Oliver/Laurel episodes. None of this is exactly representative of the overall Arrow audience, of course, especially these latest GATV polls. I just find it interesting. 

• Love 17

Here's the winners list for the 2016 GATV Awards with runners-up and all percentages...

Best Episode: 
Winner - “Dark Waters” (22%)

#2 - "A.W.O.L." (15%)
#3 - "Haunted" (12%)
#4 - "Green Arrow" (no percentage provided)

Worst Episode:  
Winner - "Canary Cry" ("nearly 20%")

#2 - "Broken Hearts" ("behind by only 14 votes")
#3 - "Legends of Yesterday" and "Eleven Fifty-Nine" (tied at 13%)

Best Actor (Male): 
Winner - Stephen Amell (64%)

#2 - Paul Blackthorne (18%)

Best Actor (Female): 
Winner - Emily Bett Rickards  (52%)

#2 - Katie Cassidy (41%)

Best Guest Star With 3 Or More Episodes: 
Winner - Echo Kellum ("a little over 20%")

#2 - Charlotte Ross (18%)
#3 -  Katrina Law, Caity Lotz and Neal McDonough (all around 13% each)

Best Guest Star With 1 or 2 Episodes: 
Winner - Matt Ryan (45%)

#2 - Colton Haynes (24%)
#3 - Grant Gustin (9%)
#4 - Megalyn E.K. (8%)

Favorite Writer: 
Winner - Marc Guggenheim (25%)

#2 - Greg Berlanti (19%)
#3 - Beth Schwartz (no percentage provided)
#4 - Wendy Mericle (no percentage provided)

Favorite Director: 
Winner - James Bamford (29%)

#2 - Antonio Negret (18%) 
#3 - Thor Freudenthal (16%)

Best Villain: 
Winner - Damien Darhk (42%)

#2 - Malcolm Merlyn (13%)
#3 - Lonnie Machin/Anarky (10%)

Favorite Character: 
Winner - Felicity Smoak/Overwatch (51%)

#2 - Laurel Lance/Black Canary (21%)
#3 - Oliver Queen (12%)
#4 - John Constantine (no percentage provided)

Least Favorite Character: 
Winner - Felicity Smoak/Overwatch (72%)

#2 - Laurel Lance (13%)
#3 - Donna Smoak (3%)

Biggest Shocker: 
Winner - Damien Darhk Kills Laurel (17%)

#2 - The attack of Oliver and Felicity’s limo in “Dark Waters” (16%)
#3 - Oliver and Barry at the grave in S4 premiere (no percentage provided)

Best Action Sequence: 
Winner - The “Elevator Fight” in “Brotherhood” (18%)

#2 - The people of Star City and Team Arrow vs. Damien Darhk in S4 finale “Schism” (17%)
#3 - Everyone vs. everyone in Iron Heights in "Eleven-Fifty-Nine” (9%)

Best Pairing: 
Winner - Oliver & Felicity (Olicity) (74%)

#2 - Oliver & Laurel (8%)
#3 - John Constantine & Anyone He Meets (6%)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, tv echo said:

Biggest Shocker: Damien Darhk Kills Laurel (17%)
Best Action Sequence: The “Elevator Fight” (“Brotherhood”) )18%)

I didn't vote, so I don't know what the choices were, but my picks in these categories would have been Oliver cutting off Malcolm's hands and him shooting arrows under the dome while flying through the air. The first I found genuinely shocking and the second is really the only stunt from this season that springs to mind. Oooh, wait, ragey Thea going off on Oliver. That was great.

13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I love that he gives so much weight to second choice, at 8%, when the first choice was 74%.  I suspect the choice #3 wasn't all that far behind choice #2.

Yep - Best Pairing #3 was John Constantine & Anyone He Meets at 6%.

• Love 2

I blame boredom and the half bottle of wine but I started reading the comments on GATV regarding that poll. CB is a very sensitive guy, isn't he? LMAO! He's now sorta comparing the results to the MTV Ship of the Year awards. That because the shippers won they're not complaining about the poll. But because Felicity was voted "least favorite" his poll is being criticized. Such a crybaby. In my semi-drunk state, it's entertaining as heck.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I blame boredom and the half bottle of wine but I started reading the comments on GATV regarding that poll. CB is a very sensitive guy, isn't he? LMAO! He's now sorta comparing the results to the MTV Ship of the Year awards. That because the shippers won they're not complaining about the poll. But because Felicity was voted "least favorite" his poll is being criticized. Such a crybaby. In my semi-drunk state, it's entertaining as heck.

He REALLY REALLY needs his stupid poll to be a legitimate accurate representation of fandom, doesn't he? It's HIS SITE! HIS RULES! HIS LEGITIMIZATION! Don't insult his legitimization! OR ELSE!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

He REALLY REALLY needs his stupid poll to be a legitimate accurate representation of fandom, doesn't he? It's HIS SITE! HIS RULES! HIS LEGITIMIZATION! Don't insult his legitimization! OR ELSE!

I think I cracked a rib laughing when he started defending it by saying he's been doing polls for 20 years or something. That doesn't mean anything other than he's been doing it wrong for 20 years, LOL! What's funny is he contradicts himself within the comments when he agrees best actress/best actor categories where basically based on popularity. So he admits there's inherent bias there. But the same bias can't exist in the fave/least fave categories and its a legitimate representation of the fandom? Oh, this man.

• Love 3

The only time he and his site get attention is when his polls are open, and the conversation is always about how cheating or brigade voting. Every year he complains about criticism, every year he  makes the situation worst with his OTT defensiveness. Dude will never learn.

• Love 1

hell, all these awards pretty much everywhere are just a joke. gimme a break! it's usually just about who has the most time to sit at a computer and mindlessly vote over and over again for their ship or character or whatever. Plenty of people like or don't like characters and shows and have no interest in voting in these polls.

• Love 3

Fan engagement is the biggest benefit of these polls. During hiatus, that's a good thing. 

Personally, I don't think there should be a 'Least' or 'Worst' category. Those are designed to encourage negativity. 

• Love 8

yeah fan engagement can be a benefit, but since there's no serious controls in place for quality I never bother trying to analyze these kind of poll results in any meaningful serious way cuz neither the polls or analysis would stand up under scrutiny

18 minutes ago, Kobold said:

yeah fan engagement can be a benefit, but since there's no serious controls in place for quality I never bother trying to analyze these kind of poll results in any meaningful serious way cuz neither the polls or analysis would stand up under scrutiny

Exactly, which is why this dude's insistence that the results of HIS poll are a real indication of fandom feelings, voice, whatever is laughable and more than a bit delusional. No other poll makes such claims, AFAIK.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Chaser said:

Fan engagement is the biggest benefit of these polls. During hiatus, that's a good thing. 

Personally, I don't think there should be a 'Least' or 'Worst' category. Those are designed to encourage negativity. 

I could do without the least favorite character category (though I've enjoyed it in the past when I've been annoyed) but I like least favorite episode. 

3 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Exactly, which is why this dude's insistence that the results of HIS poll are a real indication of fandom feelings, voice, whatever is laughable and more than a bit delusional. No other poll makes such claims, AFAIK.

I am willing to believe that he doesn't try to alter the results and that cheating on the polls is limited to those that feel the need to travel around to different IP addresses to game the system, but any claims that the poll is absolutely a real indication of the majority of fandom's feelings is ridiculous.  All that can really be said is that it is representative of a certain group that at that time chose to vote.  Who is in that group or why they voted is not verifiable data. 

I think we could guess that in category where no one really has an axe to grind that there's a good chance it's representative but anything else is a crap shoot. 

I have no intention of voting, because there's just something about voting for the most beautiful that doesn't appeal to me. However, I'm pretty sure not all the women on the list are actresses. Also, actresses (women) cracks me up. Let me know when the voting starts on the actresses (men) category. That might be fun.

• Love 4

Mark Pedowitz was inducted into the 26th Annual 'Broadcasting & Cable' Hall of Fame on Oct. 18 in NYC...

Pedowitz.JPG?itok=82H3u-r

(From left) Evening host Larry Wilmore gives honoree Mark Pedowitz, president of The CW Network, his award with Louis Hillelson, VP/Group Publisher of Broadcasting & Cable/Multichannel News, and Bill McGorry, chairman of the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/content/26th-annual-broadcasting-cable-hall-fame/160493

Edited by tv echo

This was retweeted by Brian Ford Sullivan...

Quotes of the Week for Nov. 13, 2016
http://tvline.com/gallery/hawaii-five-0-pick-a-base-best-tv-quotes/#!17/undefined/

ARROW

“‘And so it begins’? Who knew Prometheus was a Babylon 5 fanboy?”

[Oliver scoffs]

“Don’t judge until you’ve seen it.”

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) speaks for the episode’s co-writer, Babylon 5 superfan Brian Ford Sullivan

Edited by tv echo

To vote, go to link and click on show pic...

What's The CW's Best Show of 2016?
November 14, 2016 by MAGGIE PEHANICK
http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Best-CW-Shows-2016-42696030

The time has come to throw your support behind your favorite show on The CW! Do you live for the undead on The Vampire Diaries and The Originals? Will you have trouble choosing between Arrow and The Flash? Or are you more of a Jane the Virgin person? Then again, there are new series to consider as well. No Tomorrow and Frequency are both great, but are they great enough to earn your vote? The poll will close on Dec. 27 at 11:59 p.m., so vote now!

28 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA CELEBRITY
Britney Spears
Kim Kardashian
Lady Gaga
Shakira
Stephen Amell

What a company :)  is he a really social media celebrity, huh? 

• Love 1