Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Imagine looking at your body of work and thinking that  was the best you had to offer. I know none of the other eps had the same kind of weepy, award bait-y dramatics, but...yikes. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I read on Twitter they submitted Canary Cry for consideration in writing Emmy category. I know it's basically just to put something there, but that's the episode you go with? 

Seriously? LOL

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Imagine looking at your body of work and thinking that  was the best you had to offer. I know none of the other eps had the same kind of weepy, award bait-y dramatics, but...yikes. 

Well, 409, 410 and 411 were  highly dramatic too. So that's a puzzling choice. Anyone knows what they submitted in previous seasons?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, looptab said:

Seriously? LOL

Well, 409, 410 and 411 were  highly dramatic too. So that's a puzzling choice. Anyone knows what they submitted in previous seasons?

I can't find the ballot for 2013, but there aren't any writing submissions for Arrow in 2014 or 2015. 

• Love 1

Anyone know how the acting nominees are submitted? Does the show pick who goes on the ballot, or do the actors? No one from Arrow is on there (last year SA, EBR, and KC were - maybe others too). Grant Gustin isn't up for consideration, but JLM, CP, and DP are. 

It can be either the studio, or the actors' own management.

Anyway, Arrow's in the ballot in only 4 categories:

1. Outstanding Costumes For A Contemporary Series, Limited Series Or Movie
episode: Legends Of Yesterday
2. Outstanding Stunt Coordination For A Drama Series, Limited Series Or Movie
3. Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series

episode: Canary Cry
4. Outstanding Drama Series

(edited)

Outstanding isn't really an adjective I would ever dream to put next to Canary Cry, haha.

Who knows, maybe they got confused and actually meant to submit Monument Point. :P

Edited by looptab

The irony that a lot of people find it the worst episode and the TPTB submitted it for outstanding writing is just hilarious. I feel like they put it in for nomination because it was written by Beth Schwartz & Wendy Mericle. They are playing the female and showrunner card for more attention. I also think they really have no idea that outside of the writer's room bubble Canary Cry was just not that well written or executed episode. Not sure which episode I would have nominated for writing in s4, but I know for sure Canary Cry would never even be on the short list.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, kismet said:

The irony that a lot of people find it the worst episode and the TPTB submitted it for outstanding writing is just hilarious. I feel like they put it in for nomination because it was written by Beth Schwartz & Wendy Mericle. They are playing the female and showrunner card for more attention. 

The names of the writers aren't even listed on the ballots. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

The names of the writers aren't even listed on the ballots. 

Thanks for the info. Still if you only have the ability or money to throw at one episode you're gonna give it to certain people because on the really off chance it does get far, the names will become known. Politically you don't give that honor to a newer writer, very few things are actually chosen on merit. Both WM & BS have put in their dues which is a consideration when choosing who gets chosen, when you don't have the ability to nominate a lot of episodes. 

I read somewhere that The CW submitted Ciara Renee (Hawkgirl) as an Emmy nominee for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series - the only one out of the LoT cast submitted.  Is this true or is it a joke?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I read somewhere that The CW submitted Ciara Renee (Hawkgirl) as an Emmy nominee for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series - the only one out of the LoT cast submitted.  Is this true or is it a joke?

That is true. 

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

Nomination time for eonline's TV Scoop Awards...

TV Scoop Awards: Nominate Your Favorite TV Shows, Actors, and Moments Now!
by LAUREN PIESTER | Wed, Jun 15, 2016 6:01 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/772561/tv-scoop-awards-nominate-your-favorite-tv-shows-actors-and-moments-now

Over the next few weeks, we'll be opening polls in 24 different categories, and you'll have ample time to vote in all of them to determine the biggest winners of 2016. But first, you need to make sure your favorites make it to the ballot, and the only way to do that is to nominate! 

You can submit your nominations in the comments below, or to @eonlineTV with the hashtag #TVScoopAwards. 
Here are this year's categories: 

Best Comedy
Best Drama
Best Drama Actor
Best Drama Actress
Best Comedy Actor
Best Comedy Actress
Sexiest Moment
Best Couple
Breakout Star, Male
Breakout Star, Female
Best Reality or Talk Show Star
Best Reality or Talk Show
Most Heartbreaking Goodbye
Host Heartbreaking Cancellation
Best Fight
Best Kiss
Best Shocker
Moment That Made You Want to Throw Out Your TV
Best Villain
Best Guest Star
Best New Show from 2015/2016
New Fall Show You're Most Excited For
Best Fandom
Best Cast on Twitter

The first round will begin on Friday, June 17, we need your nominations by Thursday, June 16 at 5 p.m. PT. 

Edited by tv echo

Arrow, SA and EBR  are all nominated - you can start voting now, and vote as many times as you want until voting for all for all polls closes on Monday, July 4 at 5 p.m. PT...

TV Scoop Awards 2016: Vote for the Best Drama Actors Now!
by LAUREN PIESTER | Sun, Jun 19, 2016 3:00 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/773495/tv-scoop-awards-2016-vote-for-the-best-drama-actors-now

TV Scoop Awards 2016: Vote for the Best Drama and Comedy Now!
by LAUREN PIESTER | Fri, Jun 17, 2016 3:00 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/773485/tv-scoop-awards-2016-vote-for-the-best-drama-and-comedy-now

(edited)

In honor of Father's Day...

14 of the Worst TV Dads of All Time
by Kaitlin Thomas | Jun 19, 2016 12:23 PM EDT
http://www.tvguide.com/news/worst-tv-dads-breaking-bad-mad-men-justified-veronica-mars/

2. Malcolm Merlyn, Arrow
Malcolm failed both of his children. His son Tommy died in Malcolm's attempt to destroy the Glades as vengeance for the murder of his wife, while he forced his daughter Thea, the product of an affair with Moira Queen, to murder her friend Sara Lance in order to spark trouble.

From Arrow to The Affair: This Year’s Awards for Worst TV Dads
Araceli Aviles    June 19, 2016
http://www.tvovermind.com/the-cw/arrow/years-awards-worst-tv-dads

Malcom Merlyn-Arrow

The Dark Archer has had his good and bad moments, but it’s fair to say that he did more harm than good for daughter Thea this year. He knew Thea was constantly on the edge of insanity after her experience in the Lazarus Pit. Instead of figuring a way out of the violence for her, Malcolm only fed her primal need to kill, and just continued to give lousy advice thereafter. Then he chose being the leader of the League of Assassins over Thea’s life, kidnapped her to ‘save’ her when the world was under threat of nuclear attack, and was partly responsible for the death of her best friend Laurel. Yes he ultimately saved her life a bunch of times, but Thea herself has said that every time he does so in a way which makes her ashamed to be related to him. No matter how much Malcolm tries, fatherhood just hasn’t been his forte.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, looptab said:

Ha, funnily enough TvLine inserted him in its Top Dads list.

Yeah that was a compete headscratcher.  I kind of have a feeling they just did it to get a reaction out of people, although I don't think it worked all that well.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Classy

You know, that's not even a matter of class IMO. Intelligence, maybe? Or lack thereof.

Update: This was on the page of the poll:

Due to an overwhelming amount of write-ins, we are adding “Felicity Smoak” as a choice below. Please note this was not a GATV editorial decision but instead respecting the will of the fans. (Also, we aren’t 100% sure that write-ins have an IP limit the way votes do, so this is a way to ensure that the suggestions are legit.)

My comment above stand now more than ever. This is what happens when you try to be clever and fail miserably. Still a "best" something, haha.

Edited by looptab

Basically some people were so full of hate to put Felicity as an option and he happily went with it. The saddest part is that we all know the actress who plays Felicity got hate, so much that the network worried about it, and the guy from the site met and interviewed her. How do you face her when you knowingly endorse vicious hate towards her character that unfortunately translates in vicious hate towards her?

I think my plan is just to ignore the poll at this point. It doesn't deserve any attention.

I'm just curious what their bogus rationale for her inclusion on the list. I know I shouldn't be looking for reason in stupidity, but there has to be something they use. Breaking OQs heart? Nope he did that on his own. Havenrock? Tragic but DDs doing, her involvement saved lives, sadly not enough but sometimes there is collateral damage to war. Olicity? Even if you hate it, that's on the writers not the characters. Killing LL? Again that's on the writers. And even if you wanted an in story character to blame, they made it pretty clear that it was because of QLs involvement with DD.

• Love 1
(edited)

There's been another update

We woke up this morning to hundreds of requests to add Felicity as a villain for Season 4. We respected those write-ins and added her. Then, others complained that Laurel should be added too. So we did. Suddenly that translated to “GATV is sexist toward the women of the show,” which is false, insulting, ridiculous and accusatory, and to dodge that bullet we’re just going to remove both of them from the poll. Sorry, it’s drama we did not want to deal with. People justified why Felicity and/or Laurel would classify as villains, but I don’t want GreenArrowTV to be associated with false accusations of sexism, so they’re going away. If you really don’t like Felicity or Laurel, there’s a Least Favorite Character poll where you can do your thing. Our apologies to anyone who was offended by the additions.

He deleted all the comments too. The best part is that he had stated that if he added Laurel as a villain, her fans wouldn't complain. Bwhahahahah.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

To remain "unbiased" Laurel is now an option for best villain. Because that makes sense. 

Hate her or love her, Laurel was not a villain. Same for Felicity. 

Honestly, though, the people who started nominating Laurel are just as bad. There has to be a better reaction to people criticizing Felicity than "Laurel, though". 

4 minutes ago, kismet said:

I think my plan is just to ignore the poll at this point. It doesn't deserve any attention.

I'm just curious what their bogus rationale for her inclusion on the list. I know I shouldn't be looking for reason in stupidity, but there has to be something they use. Breaking OQs heart? Nope he did that on his own. Havenrock? Tragic but DDs doing, her involvement saved lives, sadly not enough but sometimes there is collateral damage to war. Olicity? Even if you hate it, that's on the writers not the characters. Killing LL? Again that's on the writers. And even if you wanted an in story character to blame, they made it pretty clear that it was because of QLs involvement with DD.

Most comments I read there recently talked about Havenrock and the fact that she nuked a town. Obviously people who watch the show know that it was actually DD's doing, but this is just the cover-up for the gratuitous hate. Craig even said that he saw their point, hahah.

• Love 3

I'm glad he deleted both Felicity and Laurel. Love them or hate them, we all know neither of them are villains.

Why doesn't GATV just fess up that he frequents reddit? We all know the truth. Because anyone who thinks Felicity 'killing' 10,000 people instead of millions is reason for her to be a villain is a giant idiot.

• Love 10
(edited)
15 minutes ago, kismet said:

Craig repeatedly posted in the comments that Felicity is a villain for killing the people at Havenrock. But of course he's going to hide behind the "hundreds" of write-in votes from Reddit instead of just admitting his bias.

q4GpYQH.png

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

'Can't respect the editorial choices.' LMAO. Sorry but if you're a site for the show as a whole, you need to be as unbiased as possible. That is not unbiased. That's using hate to disguise his own agenda. Transparent!

AND FELICITY DIDN'T KILL THOSE PEOPLE, DAMIEN DID. SHE JUST REDIRECTED THE NUKE. ARE THEY MORONS? WHERE ARE THEIR BRAINS?! OMG. 

*takes breath*

• Love 11