Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Another "best" and "worst" list (only 2 Arrow couples were listed)...

The 20 Best CW Couples Ever (And The 10 Worst) Officially Ranked
BY AMANDA BRUCE  – ON MAY 09, 2019  
https://screenrant.com/cw-couples-best-ever-worst-ranked/ 

15 WORST: OLIVER AND SARA (ARROW)
Arrow is a much different series now compared to when it first premiered. Part of that is due to the growth Oliver Queen experienced from playboy to husband. To get there though, he had plenty of rocky relationships. One that wasn’t so rocky, but still makes for the worst, was his with Sara.

Sara Lance became the first Canary. Before that, she was a partier like Oliver. The two of them paired up and snuck off on a secret getaway - even though he was dating Laurel at the time. When both became vigilantes, they hooked up again, even though Sara wasn’t even into him. It’s an odd pairing, to say the least.
13 BEST: OLIVER AND FELICITY (ARROW)
Comic book fans thought Arrow would be all about the relationship between the Green Arrow and Black Canary. Instead, Felicity Smoak stole the show.

She and Oliver had an extremely slow build of a relationship. While she crushed on him from afar, he brought her into his vigilante team for her tech expertise. Eventually, the two became real friends, and then more. They even left Star City behind to live out the simple life for a while. All of the obstacles thrown at them just give them another reason to bond closer together. Even when their relationship winds up strained, they end up stronger for it later.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

This article includes video clips from various Arrow episodes under each numbered item below...

35 TIMES FELICITY SMOAK MADE YOU LAUGH, CRY AND CHEER
Posted by Catherine | May 10, 2019
https://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/2019/05/10/felicity-smoak 

On March 30, 2019, Emily Bett Rickards announced she would not be returning for Season 8 of Arrow. As Felicity Smoak, Emily Bett Rickards swept into our living rooms and right into our hearts. Bringing much-needed levity and common sense to the Arrow cave, Felicity became the third member of Original Team Arrow.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I cried. Like a baby. The character of Felicity Smoak quickly became a fan favorite and an instrumental voice in the series. She is brilliant, compassionate, and funny. She loves with everything she has and is, more often than not, the voice of reason. Felicity is fierce in character. Which, quite honestly, makes her stronger than any other character on Arrow.
(IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER)

#1 WHEN OLIVER MET FELICITY...
The first meet cute is right up there with the all-time great first meet-cutes. Felicity is clearly not buying what Oliver is selling. Better yet, Oliver's attempt to charm Felicity backfires. Instead, Oliver finds himself utterly charmed by Felicity! As Oliver later told Felicity, it was the first time since his return that he saw someone as a person. It was the first time that anyone other than Diggle, really saw Oliver, too.

#2 FELICITY IS ALL OF US SWOONING OVER OLIVER
#3 FELICITY JOINS THE TEAM ON HER TERMS...
And Original Team Arrow is born. What makes this such a fantastic Felicity Smoak moment is how she dictates her terms for joining the team. Even wounded, Oliver is intimidating. Yet, Felicity stands her ground. She doesn't lose sight of who she is and what she wants. Thus, Oliver can either accept it or leave it. I was so glad Oliver accepted!

#4 THE DOUBLE ENTENDRE
#5 THE DOUBLE ENTENDRE OF DOUBLE ENTENDRES
#6 AND THAT'S HOW YOU USE A RANDOM 2x4... OR TABLE LEG...
One of my favorite things about Felicity Smoak is that she's relatable. Yes, she's super (super!) smart, but her fighting skills? The same as mine. Pumped on adrenaline, we are capable of anything. And in this case? That 2x4 was mighty handy for Felicity to help Oliver!

#7 IT GIRL TO... ...EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT???
#8 THE ART OF SPILLING TRUTH TEA...
When it comes to serving Oliver a large pot of steaming truth tea, Felicity made it an art. No one else compares. This moment is part of the foundation of their relationship. Honesty. It's central to their relationship and when it's missing... well, we've seen what happens in later episodes and seasons.

#9 SHE MAKES HER OWN CHOICES
#10 FEARLESSLY PROTECTIVE OF THOSE SHE LOVES
#11 WHEN FELICITY'S OWN PLAN MAKES HER NERVOUS

#12 DOING WHAT FELICITY DOES BEST...
One of the finer Felicity Smoak moments of Season 2. The catch-phrase ["Bitch... with wi-fi"] spawned blos, twitter handles... and tees! Plus, once again, Felicity was out in the field fighting crime... with her tablet.

#13 REMINDING OLIVER WHY HE FIGHTS...
This inspiring, emotional Felicity Smoak moment led to one of the most romantic Olicity scenes. Felicity's unshakable faith in Oliver gives him what he needs to continue to fight. She doesn't attempt to appease him. Instead, Felicity goes straight to the heart, showing exactly how well she knows Oliver.

#14 SAVING STARLING CITY...
Never underestimate Felicity Smoak. Fin.

#15 REMINDING OLIVER THAT THERE IS LIFE BEYOND THE HOOD
#16 A MENTOR AND FRIEND
#17 EVEN UNDER PRESSURE, HER BRAIN NEVER STOPS WORKING
#18 FELICITY ESTABLISHING HER ROLE AS QUEEN OF THE LAIR
#19 FELICITY REMINDING THE BOYS WHY SHE'S IN CHARGE
#20 ONCE AGAIN... NEVER UNDERESTIMATE FELICITY SMOAK
#21 FELICITY REMINDING OLIVER WHY HE DOES WHAT HE DOES
#22 FELICITY HACKING A DRONE TO WHAT ELSE? SAVE STAR CITY
#23 YOU CAN TAKE THE GIRL OUT OF VEGAS...
#24 FELICITY SMOAK IN THE FIELD BEING BRILLIANT... AS USUAL
#25 GEEKING OUT OVER THE WAVERIDER
#26 FELICITY'S GRIEF FUELS HER NEED FOR REVENGE
#27 A HACKING FELICITY IS A HAPPY FELICITY
#28 FEARLESS, FIERCE, AND FIESTY [sic]...
Do. Not. Test. Felicity. Smoak.

#29 FELICITY BACK IN THE FIELD...
Felicity in the field is always a mix of humor and skill. I love that this character remains grounded and doesn't suddenly become a ninja warrior. I love that no one, not even Curtis, can do what she does. So, when the show puts Felicity Smoak in the field? Yeah, I'm totally watching!

#30 HEALING FEARS AND EASING MINDS...
This speech to William is amazing on so many levels. She's being honest, something she values above all else. And, while being honest, she helps William understand the importance of what Oliver - as well as she and Diggle - do for Star City. Thank you to @austencello for reminding me of this Felicity Smoak moment.

#31 MAMA BEAR...
First, Diaz is not my favorite villain. Of course, Chase spoiled me. Nevertheless, this intense scene between Felicity and Diaz is just an example of how fierce Felicity's love makes her when her family is in danger.

#32 THE STRENGTH OF HER CONVICTIONS...
Don't ever ask Felicity to give up on Oliver Queen. And that Diggle did was disappointing, to say the least. Felicity doesn't hesitate to show her disappointment. In spades.

#33 THIS IS FELICITY SMOAK... YOUR CONSCIENCE
#33 THE BAD GUYS STILL UNDERESTIMATING FELICITY SMOAK
#34 A MOTHER'S LOVE
#35 A HERO OF STAR CITY...
She created it, she destroyed it. For the greater good. That is Felicity Smoak. Always acting for the greater good.

There are so many more amazing Felicity Smoak moments. Needless to say, Felicity is irreplaceable. She is beyond compare. So, thank you, Emily, for taking a small guest spot and creating the beloved Felicity Smoak. Her superpowers - her heart and intelligence -- make her one of the most beloved television characters ever. I'll miss you!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Arrow is up for Favorite Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, EBR is up for Favorite Actress in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, SA is up for Favorite Actor in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, and Oliver & Felicity are up for Favorite Couple in a Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2019 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Round One)
May 10, 2019  Tell-Tale TV
https://www.telltaletv.com/2019/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2019-tell-tale-tv-awards-round-one/ 

You can vote for up to THREE choices in each of the categories below from now through Thursday, May 16th at 8pm EST. All awards are for the 2018-2019 Season, beginning with Summer of 2018.
Make sure to click “vote” after each category.

The top 12 votes in each category (or more in cases of ties) will then move on to Round Two, which will begin on Friday, May 17th. 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

‘Arrow’: Celebrating the journey of Felicity Smoak
Lynsey Neill   May 14, 2019
https://www.purefandom.com/2019/05/14/the-journey-of-felicity-smoak/ 

We are gathered here today to immortalize the Queen known as Felicity Smoak, and to take a look back at her journey:
She is with us to say “don’t give up.” Amongst impossible odds and even amidst antagonism from the same side of the line, she gracefully, strongly, calmly, and with fiery conviction proclaims hope for even the most hopeless of men and women.

Fel-ic-it-y. Sitting behind a computer, and not only coding her way through the latest puzzle or problem, listens. She was even listening during the times when death was a viable option for Oliver. When death was preferable to the person who is her life.
It’s heroism not obviously translated under the weight of a sparkly cape. But it’s heroism nonetheless. It’s heroic, being the person who stays. Because no one can do this alone, everyone brings something to a team.

It might not always be easy. But what’s beautiful about Felicity Megan Smoak, is sometimes, and albeit most of the time, it’s the easiest thing in the world.

She’s equipped for this life. It’s given her purpose and drive and confidence. It’s because of this mission, and because of him, her life is full.
She’s the glue, she’s the beating heart, and her journey and her relationship to the celebrity archer Oliver Queen reflect as much.
She’s the harnesser of light, and to quote a fairly popular Hozier song, “the giggle at a funeral.” That’s fundamental in a show like Arrow. Where the characters more often march to funeral processions than run victory laps.

Even in her darkest moments her motivations are never questioned or viewed as a childish overreaction. Her motivations are noble, just like another hero we know.
Part of her journey is motherhood, and it wasn’t thrusted upon Felicity against her will, nor was it something she regretted. The bond William and Felicity share was seamless and unassuming. Felicity wasn’t walking around like she’s replacement mother, and William wasn’t slamming his doors and screaming, “but you’re not my mom!”
Felicity kept her promise to Oliver, she kept their children safe. For twenty years, all while building a tech empire, and being mostly alone. If that’s not a superhero, then I don’t know what is.
If you ever wondered why this beautifully nerdy and techy girl has such a clear understanding of life, I have a theory. She was a genius growing up in Sin City (also known as Las Vegas). I believe that in itself evolved her intelligence beyond just being crazy-good at math. She saw the beautiful and ugly sides of people, in a very unique way. I think that in part made Felicity, Felicity.

And while her hope and strength is infectious and inspiring, her last moments reflected as much. And nothing made me happier then seeing her go to Oliver in the multiverse, or wherever he is, after all this time. Because their love is bigger than the frickin’ universe.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

20 most quintessentially CW shows ever to air on The CW
by Reed Gaudens   May 16, 2019
https://fansided.com/2019/05/16/20-most-cw-shows-gossip-girl-supernatural-riverdale/ 

The CW is home to soaps, superheroes, and some of the small screen’s most underrated shows. From Gossip Girl to Arrow, these are the network’s quintessential staples.
2. Arrow
Why it’s a quintessential staple: If you’re unfamiliar with the name Greg Berlanti, then you must not watch a lot of television and for shame. Berlanti has been a fixture on the small screen since being a writer and producer on Dawson’s Creek and creating the series Everwood. Since then, he’s grown into one of the busiest and most reliable small-screen hitmakers of, more than likely, all time. His first series on The CW, Arrow, has a reputation that precedes itself.

Arrow, a fresh take on the DC Comics series based on the Green Arrow, made Berlanti a permanent fixture on The CW and kicked off an impressive string of off-network hits. Aside from its producer’s adored credits, Arrow also brought fans back to a number of beloved DC properties like The Flash and Supergirl and opened the door for many more to save the world on the small screen, big screen, and streaming screen in the future.

You never forget the show that helped shift an entire network’s focus, and even though The CW has a few focus-shifters in its lot, Arrow top-to-bottom changed the network for the better. The fact that Arrow can continue to drum up conversation from fans, whether they’re blown away or bugged to no end by an episode, means it’s done something right. The series will sign off with its shortened eighth and final season, but its legacy will live on and on as Greg Berlanti’s follow-up productions shape the future of television, too.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

31 TV Moments From This Week That We Can't Stop Talking About
Nora Dominick   May 17, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-5-17-19

1. First, on the Arrow Season 7 finale, Oliver and Felicity said goodbye to each other after the Monitor returned and took Oliver with him — this officially became the TV episode that has made me cry the hardest.
Oliver leaving with the Monitor in order to protect the multiverse sets up next season's "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover — think of it as DCTV's version of Avengers: Endgame.

2. Also on Arrow, after parting ways with William and Mia in the future, Felicity met up with the Monitor, who took her to be with Oliver.
This episode marked Emily Bett Rickards's final appearance as Felicity Smoak.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Vote for EBR, SA and Arrow...

Vote for Your Favorites: The 2019 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Round Two)
May 17, 2019  Tell-Tale TV
https://www.telltaletv.com/2019/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2019-tell-tale-tv-awards-round-two/

For this round, you can vote for just ONE choice in each of the categories below from now through Thursday, May 23rd at 8pm EST. All awards are for the 2018-2019 Season, beginning with Summer of 2018.

The top 6 votes in each category (or more in cases of ties) will then move on to the Final Round, which will begin on Friday, May 24th.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

You can go to the article link if you want to watch the video clips...

15 AMAZING OLICITY MOMENTS THAT MADE YOU FALL IN LOVE
Posted by Catherine | May 18, 2019
https://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/2019/05/18/olicity-moments/ 

Oliver and Felicity. Theirs was a breathtaking romance that left Olicity fans swooning on more than one occasion. Through good times and bad times, their relationship always gave us hope. This past Monday, we bid farewell to Felicity in Arrow’s season finale. While the episode was gut-wrenching, it was also a love letter to one of television’s most iconic couples.

Olicity defies explanation. Of course, you can point to the natural chemistry between leads Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards. Or, the almost delicate way the writers (mostly) developed their relationship. But, it was more than that. The spark that is Olicity is something that does not happen often. When it does, it captures the imagination and gives viewers something to cheer for.  
#1 NOPE….NOTHING PLATONIC HERE 
[video clip of 122 "Felicity, hold on to me tight" elevator scene]
You just know Oliver is imagining his own “very platonic circumstances.” This Olicity moment was sizzling!

#2 SHE’S THE ONLY CHOICE….EVERY TIME 
[video clip of 207 "He had you and he was going to hurt you" scene]
There are a million and one delicious Olicity moments in Season 2. Normally, that would make it hard to choose. However, my mind immediately went to three specific moments. First, this moment here, after Oliver kills the Count to save Felicity. His reassurance, the way he reaches out to touch her, and her expression…..a perfect moment capturing all the unsaid emotions.

#3 JUST KISS HER 
[video clip of 221 "I don't accept that" scene]
There was so much emotion in this scene. Grief, fear, and so much angst! They stood so close to each other, neither saying what we know they want to say. The tension between Oliver and Felicity was off the charts. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I yelled, “Just kiss her already!”

#4  NEITHER OF YOU FOOLED US 
[video clip of 221 "You really sold it" scene]
Yes, I know….there are so many other Olicity moments before this one that are….well, more Olicity. But this conversation just gutted me. Felicity puts everything out in the open. Oliver (gasp!) does, too. In his own way. It’s his expression, though, that really sells this moment. The look in his eyes and that smile is enough for Felicity  (and the audience) to know that he meant it. 

#5 FLIRTY FLIRTS 
[video clip of 301 "You bought me a bed" scene]
#6 HEARTBREAKING FIRST KISS 
[video clip of 301 "Don't ask me to say I don't love you" scene]
Oh, the angst in this moment. This first kiss was perfection. From the tender way Oliver holds Felicity, do the way they linger over the other. While heartbreaking, it remains one of the most romantic first kisses. 

#7 A CALL BACK TO COFFEE AND A HEART-TO-HEART
[video clip of 323 "Don't fight to die, fight to live" scene]
#8 AFFECTIONATE AND ADORABLE OLICITY
[video clip of 401 "What game am I playing?" scene]
#9 PARTNERS….ALWAYS 
[video clip of 409 "If you would've asked me, I would've said yes" scene]
Some of the best Olicity moments are during times of extreme danger and stress. These two manage to create a bubble of serenity around themselves and share extraordinary moments.

#10 ALWAYS WILLING TO SACRIFICE FOR THE OTHER 
[video clip of 519 "You don't have to carry that burden any longer, let me do it" scene]
There is so much to love about this moment between Oliver and Felicity. I love the push and pull as they passionately argue their side. I especially love that no matter how far apart they grow, they are still in sync with each other.

#11 THE KEYS TO HIS HEART 
[video clip of 603 "It's a key to my apartment" scene]
#12 I DO
[video clip of 609 wedding reception "You really do love me" scene]
#13 DOMESTIC OLICITY
[video clip of 606 "I am so happy that you're here" scene]
#14 BACK IN EACH OTHER’S ARMS 
[video clip of 707 prison release reunion scene]
This reunion was so heartbreaking. Every episode before this was simply a lead up to this moment right here. It was emotional and so fragile!

#15 AND BABY MAKES FOUR 
[video clip of 714 "I'm pregnant" scene]
BONUS: FAREWELL, MY LOVE 
[video clip of 722 good-bye "I will find you again, I promise" and "I have waited a very long time to see him" scenes]
I’m not crying, you are.

And one more bonus Olicity moment….that kiss at the end made me swoon!
[video clip of LoT 308 "Nothing matters except that I love you" reunion scene]

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Arrow's final Olicity scene in 722 tops this list...

Quotes of the Week: Arrow, Big Bang, Hawaii Five-0, Kids Are Alright and More
By Team TVLine / May 19 2019
https://tvline.com/gallery/the-big-bang-theory-nobel-prize-best-tv-quotes/#!1/arrow-felicity-oliver-final-scene-quote/ 

ARROW

“Wherever you go, whatever happens to you, you’ll never leave me. On our wedding day, you told me I was the best part of you. But the truth is we are the best parts of each other, and that is so much bigger than the friggin’ universe.” 

“When I came back to Star City to start my mission, I didn’t think that I was capable or deserving of love. But you opened up my heart in ways that I never thought were possible. My only regret is not telling you I loved you sooner.”

“No regrets.”

“Would you tell Mia that I love her every day? And I know that she will grow up to be as smart and as beautiful as her mom.”

“I will find you… again. I promise.”

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Oliver (Stephen Amell) say goodbye in their final scene together

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Great tribute to Felicity - published, surprisingly, at DC Comics site...

Arrow: Felicity Smoak, You Have Saved This City
By Joshua Lapin-Bertone   Tuesday, May 21st, 2019
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/05/21/arrow-felicity-smoak-you-have-saved-this-city

Welcome to the Couch Club, our weekly column devoted to all things #DCTV! This week, Joshua Lapin-Bertone says goodbye to the latest season of Arrow...and to Emily Bett Rickards' indelible Felicity Smoak.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Emily Bett Rickards will be along for the ride. Earlier this year, the actress announced that she wouldn’t be returning (at least, as a series regular) for the final season of Arrow. I’m still holding out hope that she’ll make a surprise appearance in the series finale, but as of now, this episode was our goodbye to Felicity Smoak. There are so many emotions to work through, I’m not even sure where to begin. Felicity Smoak has done so much for Team Arrow and Emily Brett Rickards is one of the show’s greatest assets. How can we say goodbye to Felicity?
Felicity Smoak made her comic book debut in 1984’s The Fury of Firestorm #23. As you can tell from the above panel, things between Felicity and Firestorm did not get off on the best foot. This caused some real complications when Felicity wound up marrying Ronnie Raymond’s father. That’s right, folks, instead of marrying the Green Arrow, Felicity’s comic counterpart married Firestorm’s dad! After the antagonism had worn off, Felicity and Ronnie grew close and she learned about his Firestorm identity. It’s a good thing they worked out their differences, because the thought of Felicity as an evil stepmother just doesn’t feel right.

Have you all been reading my monthly Easter egg columns? I ask because Emily Bett Rickards’ portrayal of Felicity on Arrow was originally intended to be little more than one of those—an Easter egg. She was only set to appear during one scene in the season one episode “Lone Gunmen.” Had that remained the case, fans would’ve said, “Oh cool, that’s Firestorm’s stepmom from the comics” before moving on to the next bit of action and eventually forgetting it had even happened.
So, what changed? Emily Bett Rickards’ performance as Felicity and her undeniable chemistry with Stephen Amell were so good that the showrunners brought her back as a recurring character.

Let’s be honest, it’s impossible to imagine the past seven years of Arrow without Felicity. That first appearance was the scene that launched a thousand ships, and Rickards infused Felicity with a lightning quick wit and a generous amount of heart that was so unlike anything on the show that the impact was immediate and profound. While Felicity wasn’t the first extended member of Team Arrow—that honor goes to John Diggle—she proved to be the team’s moral compass. It was Felicity who nudged Oliver down the path of redemption and ultimately made sure he never backpedaled too much, even when things got bleak. Not only that, but Rickards’ portrayal and take on the character also influenced the comics, who evolved Felicity Smoak to be closer to what we were seeing on the show. 
As you can see, not only has Rickards changed the direction of the Arrowverse, but she’s also altered DC’s comic book universe, most likely for good. By the way, I encourage all of you to rewatch that first scene and pay attention to Felicity. It’s interesting to see how she’s grown. During season one, Felicity was jittery and a bit less sure of herself. Flash-forward to the literal flash-forwards of this season, and she’s leading her own group of resistance freedom fighters. We have seen her run corporations, we’ve seen her adopt a superhero persona, we’ve seen her struggle as a stepmother, and we’ve seen her put Oliver Queen in his place more times than we can count.

Of course, season seven saw her go through some of her biggest changes, from giving birth, to aiding a revolution, to saying goodbye to Oliver. It’s been quite a journey for Felicity Smoak, starting in the offices of Queen Consolidated and ending with a trip through a portal with the Monitor.
Earlier in this column, I told you all to imagine Arrow without Felicity. Sadly, it looks like that’s what will be happening this fall. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited about Arrow’s final season and have no doubt it’ll be exciting and memorable, but Felicity’s absence will be felt. Emily Bett Rickards, from the bottom of our fandom hearts, you have saved this city AND this series. Like Oliver, we’ll all just have to figure out a way to go on without you.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

Vote for Arrow...

Poll: Did SEAL Team, NCIS, Lucifer, STAR, The Blacklist, or another show deliver best finale?
May 23, 2019
https://cartermatt.com/365357/poll-best-finale-ncis-star-lucifer-seal-team-more/

It was hard for us to really narrow things down, but within this piece, we’ve compiled ten of our personal favorite finales from these past few months. (In describing them, we’ve tried to make it as spoiler-free as possible; there are minor teases from some of these shows, but that’s about it.) At the bottom of this article, we’ve got a poll for you to vote for your favorites! This poll is going to be open until Saturday, June 1 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern — be sure to vote as often as you’d like until then. (If you’re having trouble voting, technical info can be found at the bottom of the page.)
Arrow – Was it sad? Absolutely, and we firmly expected it to be given the departure of Emily Bett Rickards. Yet, getting hope for Oliver and Felicity’s future, at least at some point in the timeline, was certainly a reason for a smile, and this finale set the stage for Crisis on Infinite Earths better than any other Arrowverse show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Vote for Arrow, EBR, SA and Olicity in this final round...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2019 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Final Round)
May 24, 2019Tell-Tale TV
https://www.telltaletv.com/2019/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2019-tell-tale-tv-awards-final-round/

Vote for one choice in each of the categories below from now through Thursday, May 30th at 8pm EST. All awards are for the 2018-2019 Season, beginning with Summer of 2018.
The winners will be announced on Friday, May 31st.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Vote for Oliver & Felicity...

Poll: What NCIS, Blue Bloods, Lucifer, Criminal Minds, or Shadowhunters ‘ship had most romantic finale moment?
Mrs. Carter   May 25, 2019
https://cartermatt.com/365496/poll-ncis-lucifer-blue-bloods-romantic-moment-finale/ 

Below, you can see ten of the most romantic moments of finale — at least from this vantage point. Check them out, and then vote for your favorite ‘ship moment in the poll below! Voting will remain open until Saturday, June 1 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern — be sure to vote as often as you’d like until then. (If you’re having trouble voting, technical info can be found at the bottom of the page.)
Oliver & Felicity, Arrow – While seeing Oliver say goodbye to Felicity in the present was heartbreaking, that doesn’t take too much away from their peaceful, romantic time before that farewell … or learning at the end of the episode that there was a way that Oliver was still alive, and that there will be a chance for him to be with her in the future.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

So do we still care about who wins these GATV awards? Anyway, I voted for 7x22 as Best Episode of S7...

• Votes are limited to ONE vote per IP. This means, there’s no way to “cheat” on this poll that we are aware of, and as such, the responses will be accurate.
  • The polls will remain open until we’re done for the summer. We’re keeping all polls open throughout the process, until the time we make the final tally. Do know, though, if you already voted and are given another opportunity to vote later, only the first vote from your IP will be counted.
  • Results will be posted before the start of Arrow Season 7. [sic]
Edited by tv echo
(edited)

This forum's own awards contest, 2019 Primetimer Awards (fka Previously TV Awards), is now taking nominations - here's the awards forum link, which includes the different category threads...
https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/3310-annual-awards-show-the-primetimers/

May 26 - June 8: Nominations
June 10 - 14: First Round Voting
June 17 - 21: Second Round Voting
June 24: Winners/Runoff Vote announcement

Arrow currently has nominations in the following categories (you can still add nominations in other categories until June 8th):

• The Poo-Litzer Prize: Worst Writing (Arrow is nominated)
  • Useless Twit: Most Disposable Character (Curtis and Dinah are both nominated)
  • BFFs Forever: Favourite Friendship (William and Mia's friendship is nominated)
  • Please Die in the Season Finale: Least Entertaining Villain (Ricardo Diaz is nominated)
  • Back! Show! Killer!: Least Favorite Actor (JH is nominated)
  • I’m So Happy They’re Going To Have All the Sex: Favourite Couple or Ship (Olicity is nominated)
  • We Heart Bad Boys: Favourite Villain (Stanley is nominated)

ETA: I just requested the following nominations:

• BFFs Forever: Favourite Friendship (OTA)
  • Favourite Genre Show (Arrow)
  • Big D (or V) Energy: Badassiest Badass (Oliver Queen AKA Green Arrow)
  • The Leading Leading Players: Favourite Actor/Actress (SA and EBR)
  • Hell Yes!: Favourite TV Show Moment of The Year (7x22 flashforward montage of Oliver & Felicity at the cabin with their newborn daughter)
  • Best Cinematography (Arrow)

FYI: You have to include the show's eligible air date(s) in your reply. Arrow's Season 7 aired from October 15, 2018 - May 13, 2019.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

The 2019 Teen Choice Awards contest is also taking nominations right now, but given past history, I don't know if it's even worth the bother to nominate anyone or anything from Arrow - however, I notice that fans have nominated Olicity, Arrow, SA, EBR and KM for various categories, so go for it...

Edited by tv echo
10 hours ago, tv echo said:

So do we still care about who wins these GATV awards? Anyway, I voted for 7x22 as Best Episode of S7...

I'm having trouble choosing here.  I want part of several episodes but not so much whole episodes

• Love 2

I disagree. Loved 701 (and most of 7a, but not as much as 701), 713-716, 719, 721, and 722. A bunch of "best" episodes have parts that aren't great too, but a lot of the good outweighs the bad. I went with 701 because I thought it was the best opening in a while and didn't feel too good about voting for an episode where Oliver is only in one scene as the best XD. 

(edited)

Beth Schwartz retweeted this article (no surprise)...

Superhero Shows of 2019 Ranked from Worst to Best
BY LACY BAUGHER      JUNE 6, 2019
http://collider.com/superhero-shows-ranked-2019/ 

2. Arrow
As Arrow winds down its run, the CW’s original superhero saga feels almost as exciting and relevant as it did when it premiered. A strange thing to say, perhaps, but it’s true. The introduction of the next generation of Team Arrow in the 2040 flashforwards – which includes Oliver and Felicity’s daughter as well as Diggle’s adopted son – gives the series both a tangible legacy, and the feeling that these stories will go on long after these particular characters have hung up their proverbial hoods.

Granted, there have been more than a few bumps along this particular road, enough in fact that it feels a bit suspect to be so enamored by Arrow’s endgame. But Season 7 has done its best to give us a completely fresh take on the story of the Emerald Archer, one which has allowed its characters to mature past their vigilante origins and which centers its women in new and interesting ways. It’s once again become a reminder of the best elements of what comic book television can both do and be, and it’s exciting to consider the ways in which it will write its own ending next Fall.

13. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
12. The Punisher
11. The Gifted
10. The Flash
9. Marvel's Cloak and Dagger
8. The Tick
7. Gotham
6. Black Lightning
5. Supergirl
4. Doom Patrol
3. Umbrella Academy
2. Arrow
1. Legends of Tomorrow

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Vote for SA for his 722 performance (EBR was not nominated)...

Performers of the Month - May 2019 Voting
Posted by Aimee Hicks at June 08, 2019 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/06/performers-of-month-may-2019-voting.html

Now comes the hard part where you can only vote for 1 performer. The poll will be live until Tuesday, June 11th at 6 pm ET. After you vote be sure to make a pitch in the comments section for what the performer you voted for most deserves to win.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

You can now vote in Round 1 of the 2019 Primetimer Awards - voting in this round ends June 14...

FYI, the following categories include Arrow noms (vote by going to poll in category thread):

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 10:43 AM, shantown said:

What rude person nominated Olicity as the couple they want to break up?! Using my five votes elsewhere in that category for sure!

I don't remember the name of the member, but I do remember that he or she nominated WestAllen for the same category in the same post. So apparently this person hates both couples.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow made another "Best Comic Book Shows" list...

The Best Comic Book Shows Of All Time
By Karlton Jahmal  June 16, 2019
https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/the-best-comic-book-shows-of-all-time-news.82643.html

Arrow
Premiere Year: 2012

Seasons: 7

Other than the fact that it feels like Arrow utilized Batman’s rogues' gallery, this series is heralded by comic fans. Much like another hero in the DC Universe, Oliver Queen is a wealthy man by day, and masked vigilante by night. Queen was stranded on an island, where he learned how to survive and become the hero of  Starling City. The superhero tropes are heavy in this series, but if you can get over them, Arrow features strong performances from the core cast and enough action and twists to keep you glued to the television screen.

Smallville
Agents of SHIELD
Justice League
Arrow
The Flash
The Walking Dead
Legion
X-Men: The Animated Series
Daredevil
Batman: The Animated Series

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

You can now vote in the Second Round of the 2019 Primetimer Awards - voting in this round ends on June 21 (then winners/runoff vote will be announced on June 24)...

Only one Arrow nom survived to this round - in the following category:

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Olicity currently leads with 78% of the votes (to Lauriver's 22%)...

And in this poll, Olicity currently is in 2nd place with 33% of the votes (behind Betty & Archie)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Teen Choice awards show will air live Aug. 11 on Fox...

For Full List of All Wave 1 Nominees (Arrow/SA/EBR/SS noms and KM noms are quoted below):
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/teen-choice-awards-2019-nominations-list-1219820/item/teen-choice-awards-2019-full-list-nominations-1219826

Choice Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress
Danielle Rose Russell – Legacies
Ellen Page – The Umbrella Academy
Katherine McNamara – Shadowhunters
Kiernan Shipka – Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Melonie Diaz – Charmed
Olivia Holt – Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger
Choice Action TV Show
Arrow
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
Gotham
MacGyver
Supergirl
The Flash

Choice Action TV Actor
Ben McKenzie – Gotham
Brandon Routh – DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
Brenton Thwaites – Titans
Grant Gustin – The Flash
Lucas Till – MacGyver
Stephen Amell – Arrow

Choice Action TV Actress
Candice Patton – The Flash
Danielle Panabaker – The Flash
Emily Bett Rickards – Arrow
Gabrielle Union – L.A.’s Finest
Jessica Alba – L.A.’s Finest
Melissa Benoist – Supergirl
Choice TV Villain
Adam Scott – The Good Place
Cameron Monaghan – Gotham
Jon Cryer – Supergirl
Luke Baines – Shadowhunters
Sarah Carter – The Flash
Sea Shimooka – Arrow
Choice Ship
Katherine McNamara & Dominic Sherwood – “Shadowhunters
Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – “A Star Is Born
Lana Condor & Noah Centineo – “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
Laura Marano & Noah Centineo – “The Perfect Date
Lili Reinhart & Cole Sprouse – “Riverdale
Madelaine Petsch & Vanessa Morgan – “Riverdale

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

30 Most Romantic TV Marriage Proposals
Mary Misasi  June 19, 2019 
https://www.telltaletv.com/2019/06/30-most-romantic-tv-marriage-proposals/

18. Felicity and Oliver (Arrow)Olicity.gif?resize=540,164&ssl=1

Felicity: If you really don’t mind, but would you marry us too? Will you marry me?

Oliver: I thought, I mean I thought you didn’t believe in marriage?

Felicity: No, but I believe in you. I believe that no matter what life throws at us our love can conquer it. Married or unmarried. I love you. My greatest fear in life is losing you.

Oliver: Yes.

It’s not their first proposal, but Oliver and Felicity’s last proposal on Arrow during the Crisis on Earth-X crossover is the one that stands out.

The moment comes 2 years after the first time either one proposed after they’d grown as individuals and as people, in the aftermath of a life or death situation.

Oliver and Felicity have gone through a lot in their relationship from long-lost children, prison time, paralysis, and break-ups, to even recently being torn apart for 20 years in order to help save the universe. But through it all, they’ve found their way back to each other. Felicity’s words, “I believe that no matter what life throws at us, we can conquer it” becomes emblematic of their relationship right up until the end.

1. David and Patrick (Schitt’s Creek)
2. Monica and Chandler (Friends)
3. Magnus and Alec (Shadowhunters)
4. Nathan and Haley (One Tree Hill)
5. Bobby and Athena (9-1-1)
6. Barney and Robin (How I Met Your Mother)
7. Michael and Holly (The Office)
8. Casey and Dawson (Chicago Fire)
9. Ben and Leslie (Parks and Recreation)
10. Nick and Jess (New Girl)
11. Meredith and Derek (Grey’s Anatomy)
12. Connor and Oliver (How to Get Away With Murder)
13. Sheldon and Amy (The Big Bang Theory)
14. Matt and Julie (Friday Night Lights)
15. Dexter and Rita (Dexter)
16. Kevin and Scotty (Brothers and Sisters)
17. Beth and Randall (This Is Us)
18. Felicity and Oliver (Arrow)
19. Jake and Amy (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)
20. Valencia and Beth (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend)
21. Stef and Lena (The Fosters)
22. Barry and Iris (The Flash)
23. Chuck and Sarah (Chuck)
24. Piper and Alex (Orange Is The New Black)
25. Sam and Andy (Rookie Blue)
26. Booth and Brennan (Bones)
27. Castle and Beckett (Castle)
28. Luke and Lorelai (Gilmore Girls)
29. Jim and Pam (The Office)
30. Jo and Alex (Grey’s Anatomy)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

23 Best First Kisses of All Time
Melissa Gesimondo at June 19, 2019 Updated at June 20, 2019
https://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/23-best-first-kisses-of-all-time/

Watching two characters that have undeniable chemistry finally have their first kiss can really make your TV watching experience more worthwhile. 
1. Oliver and Felicity - Arrow
oliver-and-felicity-arrow.gif

After two seasons of banter and flirting, these two finally share a meaningful first kiss after witnessing the birth of their best friends baby.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, AES13 said:

I vote for @tv echo for the most dedicated in bringing us all the Arrow related links.  Thanks as always for keeping us up to speed, TV Echo.

@tv echo you have really elevated the experience on these forums. I always knew I could count on you to catch what I might have missed.  (At the same time I want you to know I would never want you to ever feel obligated to continue your heroic efforts.)  

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks. 💐  Don't worry, I'll stop or slow down when I no longer enjoy finding Arrow stuff. Right now, I'm hanging on until SDCC to find out more about next season. After that, we'll see...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1