Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

How can you see the number of votes? I only see percentages after casting a vote and those do not look good.

I think some people figured out how to find it in the source code. I'm just going by what they're saying on twitter.

• Love 1

Considering how I didn't even want to vote before the last couple of rounds that 18 percent is really annoying the hell out of me. I don't want to just roll over and let that couple crush us. I'm voting.

ETA: It's now 14.9 % I guess people have abandoned ship.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
On 16/02/2018 at 10:06 PM, thegirlsleuth said:

OK, I just googled "Turkish Soap Operas".  The show wasn't specifically mentioned, but apparently Turkey is now second only to the US in distribution of dramas.   Their shows are big in Turkey, North Africa, and Asia, but they are also huge in Mexico, central America, and South America. Battles between warring factions would halt when certain shows were on since both sides of the conflict were fans of the show. The finale of a popular soap was watched by 85 million people worldwide, and Turkish names are becoming popular in Chile.  

So there's the fandom.  

There were several articles, but this was the most thorough:

How Turkish Soap Operas Took Over The World

Oh, yeah. Turkish, Hindi, and Korean dramas and movies are basically what many of the girls I know watch. They also watch some American TV but not in the same rate as they watch these other type of shows. Both Kdramas and Turkish dramas have some of the most intense fans on social media. 

20 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

No offense, but why would your friends watch Hindi dramas? They're all hot garbage lol

LMAO. They are not all bad. They just recently started watching Hindi shows. So, the only two shows they watched so far are Geet and IPKKND. They are obsess with this Barun/Sanaya and Sarun pairing. I can't blame them. I watched both shows a long time ago and SaRun pairing is fire. 

12 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

LMAO. They are not all bad. They just recently started watching Hindi shows. So, the only two shows they watched so far are Geet and IPKKND. They are obsess with this Barun/Sanaya and Sarun pairing. I can't blame them. I watched both shows a long time ago and SaRun pairing is fire. 

My mom watches them and I get so much second hand embarrassment from them :p From the lightning effects to the replays of the 'shocking' moments LOL

3 hours ago, WindofChange said:

My mom watches them and I get so much second hand embarrassment from them :p From the lightning effects to the replays of the 'shocking' moments LOL

Growing up I used to watch dubbed Hindi movies and they always had dramatic scenes. Just recently started watching it with Eng subs. So, I am used over top dramatic scenes like that. The TV shows just dial those moments up to like 180 which actually amuses me. It took some getting used at first but now I actively count how many shocked face they gonna show after each sentence?. 

Also, I watched like 5 shows. Two I finished completely and the rest I left. I couldn’t handle the stupid anymore. And, I now can understand Hindi. Can’t speak it verbally but I get most things people say around me. So, it is a good trade. 

3 hours ago, bijoux said:

They actually gained some ground. It’s not as bad as when I went to sleep.

81D30ADD-635A-46EB-91A1-FBD7501D37AE.jpeg

I think Olicity fans really started out not caring about this poll because we won so much. The fandom started to actively care when CW DC and Malec fans started acting out then it was like waking up a sleeping giant. They woke up and shut those fans up. Now, they went back to sleeping. Lol

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TwistedandBored said:

Growing up I used to watch dubbed Hindi movies and they always had dramatic scenes. Just recently started watching it with Eng subs. So, I am used over top dramatic scenes like that. The TV shows just dial those moments up to like 180 which actually amuses me. It took some getting used at first but now I actively count how many shocked face they gonna show after each sentence?. 

Lol! I grew up on that stuff too, my mom is Indian so she'd watch her "tv serials" every day it was awful for me :p 

I love hindi movies though! They're completely different from the shows, the movies actually quite entertaining

5 hours ago, WindofChange said:

Lol! I grew up on that stuff too, my mom is Indian so she'd watch her "tv serials" every day it was awful for me :p 

I love hindi movies though! They're completely different from the shows, the movies actually quite entertaining

I am gonna move our discussion to small talks. 

I think Olicity fans took a victory lap after beating Malec precisely because it seems obvious the Wounded Love fandom have been engaging in some form of poll cheating or hacking. But at least they don't seem to be trolling Olicity fans or inviting Olicity haters to join in so I'll give them points for that. 

You can now vote for Fave TV Character, Best Stunts and Best Director in finals round (1 vote per IP address - I think if you vote more than once, your vote is nullified)...

CURRENT CATEGORIES BEING VOTED ON - Best Director, Best Writing, Best Stunts, Favorite TV Character, Best Couple, Best Talk Show Host, Best Non-Human Character or Prop,

Categories DONE - Best Talk Show Host, Best Non-Human Character or Prop, Favorite TV Program, Sexiest Actor, Sexiest Actress,

Edited by tv echo

Here's what Eonline managed to write up about the Turkish tv couple's win...

TV's Top Couple 2018: The Winner Is...
by TV SCOOP TEAM | Fri., Feb. 23, 2018 12:58 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/916035/tv-s-top-couple-2018-the-winner-is

Here in the midst of the Winter Olympics, it seems only fitting that TV's Top Couple is also bringing countries together. 

After a fierce battle with Arrow's Oliver and Felicity, 2018's winner is Hilal and Leon, from the Turkish series Wounded Love!

Also known as Vatanim Sensin or You Are My Country, the show takes place during the Turkish War of Independence in the 1910s and 1920s. Hilal and Leon, whose fans apparently don't need sleep, are played by Miray Daner and Boran Kuzum. 

You can watch them in action in the fan vid below! 

Edited by tv echo
57 minutes ago, tv echo said:

whose fans apparently don't need sleep,

Not so veiled question of the validity of all of the votes?

I have no problem believing the show has a huge following, I just wonder how and why all those fans all decided to vote on some American magazine poll.  I really doubt E has that big of a readership in Turkey.

17 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Or they can see when the votes come in, and it was a round-the-clock thing. 

I guess I was thinking if that was the case it supported arguments made that it was a program doing some of the clicking, not actual humans that DO need sleep, lol.  

(edited)

Round 1 voting is now open! Olicity is on the right side (4th match-up down) versus Mike & Rachel (Suits) - just click on their pic to vote (you can vote every 5 minutes, if you wish)...

2018 TV Couples March Madness Challenge: Vote Now!
Calling all TV fanatics! Make sure to vote for your favorite small-screen couples to ensure they make it to Round 2.
By Areeba Abid on March 1, 2018
http://www.zimbio.com/2018+TV+COUPLES+MARCH+MADNESS+CHALLENGE/articles/tsdif1ph1ny/2018+TV+Couples+March+Madness+Challenge+Vote

It’s that oh-so glorious time of the year again, so get excited, shippers! Yes, we’re talking about Zimbio’s seventh annual TV Couples March Madness Challenge. The high-stakes competition is back and that means your ride-or-die TV couples (and could-be-couples) will be pitted against one another in some epic head-to-head match-ups!
2018 TV Couples March Madness Timeline
Round 1: Thursday, March 1 (10 a.m. PST) - Tuesday, March 6 (9:59 a.m. PST)
Round 2: Tuesday, March 6 (10 a.m.  PST) - Monday, March 12 (9:59 a.m. PST)
Round 3: Monday, March 12 (10 a.m. PST) - Friday, March 16  (9:59 a.m. PST)
Round 4: Friday, March 16 (10 a.m. PST) - Tuesday, March 20 (9:59 a.m. PST)
Round 5: Tuesday, March 20 (10 a.m. PST) - Friday, March 23 (9:59 a.m. PST)
Round 6: Friday, March 23 (10 a.m. PST) - Monday, March 26 (10 a.m. PST)
Winners announced: Monday, March 26

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

FYI...

The Stars of Wounded Love Weigh In on 2018 TV's Top Couple Win
by LAUREN PIESTER | Fri., Mar. 2, 2018 8:50 AM
http://www.eonline.com/news/917623/the-stars-of-wounded-love-weigh-in-on-2018-tv-s-top-couple-win

Hilal and Leon, of the Turkish series also called Vatanim Sensin, took the top prize when the poll ended last week, somehow and seemingly easily beating out 63 American (mostly) competitors despite the fact that most Americans hadn't even heard of the show and there's an 11 hour time difference between California and Istanbul. 

Other fans, for shows like Riverdale's Veronica and Archie and Arrow's Oliver and Felicity, who took second place, were even congratulating HiLeon fans on Twitter, and fandoms were gathering together to support charities together in the name of their couples. It was truly an international love affair. While stars Boran Kuzum (Leon) and Miray Daner (Hilal) both weighed in on Twitter after the couple's win, we finally managed to defeat that time difference and find out just how they're feeling after their unexpected victory in a random American poll. 
E! News: What is your message to the fans who worked so hard to vote for you? 

BK: Our show is airing in too many countries right now, and it's amazing to feel their support from all over the world. It makes me happy to see we can touch their hearts with the story we are telling. Thanks to them for sharing our story. 

MD: [E! News] Poll was difficult and there was 64 other competitors. Our fans voted tirelessly, persistently and with huge devotion.

There is a serious time difference between us and the US. Most of our fans could not have slept. All Hileon fans all over the world were very well organized. This is a real great achievement and I am very proud of it. The fans also should be proud. HiLeon fandom showed that they are a different, thoughtful, productive, powerful group together; in this case when they have come together to open a well in Africa and have built a play room for a children in a child protection institution. I send them my love, greetings and warmest thanks.

The HiLeon fandom is currently working towards planting an endangered tree in honor of the couple, and information on many of the charities currently being worked on by various fandoms (and Olicity in particular) can be found here.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

^^^ Oliver & Felicity are currently losing this round. I suspect a lot of anti-Olicity hate voting going on. Also, I don't see a lot of promotion about this poll among Olicity fans. It could be, they save their energy for the big polls.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

^^^ Oliver & Felicity are currently losing this round. I suspect a lot of anti-Olicity hate voting going on. Also, I don't see a lot of promotion about this poll among Olicity fans. It could be, they save their energy for the big polls.

I wonder if it's also the choices on the poll because other than Olicity, there's only one couple I would even bother to vote for. 

By my count out of 32 couples, 20 are same sex and while many are popular non-canon ships (SwanQueen, Dean/Castiel) some are WTH for me (Kara/Lena and Alex/Sam on Supergirl).  And the SwanQueen shippers are still fanatical.   Zimbio used to be a fun poll but right now, I don't care enough to put in the energy to vote.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, tv echo said:

I don't think anyone cares about this poll tbh. I actually don't remember fandom caring about it in previous years either. 

15 hours ago, tv echo said:

I managed to vote for them once but the site is a mess.  It took me forever to even find them the first time and since then, the site won't even load everyone and I CAN'T seem to find them at all anymore.  Even the first time I voted, they were greyed out and only showed up when I clicked on them.  

• Love 1
(edited)

CN has started announcing the winners of its 2017 Best of TV Awards - EBR is runner-up to winner Gal Gadot in the Sexiest Actress category (not bad!)...

Best Of TV Awards 2017 - Sexiest Actress WINNER - GAL GADOT
Canadagraphs  3/6/2018  
https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/polls-and-awards-blog/best-of-tv-awards-2017-sexiest-actress-winner-gal-gadot

This years winner for Gal Gadot, becomes the first winner of this award that is most known for Movie appearance, rather than TV work since 2013 winner Jennifer Lawrence. Gal won with 60 votes. The actress best known as Wonder Woman wins the award in her first ever nomination.

Runner Up was 2014 winner Emily Bett Rickards with 58 votes. Emily finishes 2nd for the 2nd time. This was her 5th consecutive finals, (finishing 5th, 1st, 2nd, 12th previously)

Third was Scarlett Johansson with 57 votes. This was her 2nd consecutive 3rd place finish. Her fourth consecutive finals appearance (finishing 5th, 6th & 3rd previously)

Best Of TV Awards 2017 - Sexiest Actor WINNER - CHRISTIAN KANE
Canadagraphs  3/6/2018  
https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/polls-and-awards-blog/best-of-tv-awards-2017-sexiest-actor-winner-christian-kane

2014 & 2015 winner Stephen Amell was in 4th with 72 votes in his 5th consecutive finals (6th, 1st, 1st, 7th). Chris Hemsworth was 5th with 39 votes in his 3rd consecutive final & 4th total (9th, 11th, 9th)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Two more winners announced in CN's "Best of TV Awards 2017" contest - Olicity got 2nd place for Best Couple (Sanvers got 6th, WestAllen got 7th)...

Best Of TV Awards 2017 - Best Couple WINNER - LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR & CHLOE DECKER "LUCIFER"
March 7, 2018
https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/polls-and-awards-blog/best-of-tv-awards-2017-best-couple-winner-lucifer-morningstar-chloe-decker-lucifer

Runner Up was 2014 winners, Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak "Arrow" with 120 votes. This was their 4th consecutive finals appearance & 2nd runner up. (1st, 2nd, 5th)
1st LUCIFER MORNINGSTAR & CHLOE DECKER "LUCIFER" 167
2nd OLIVER QUEEN & FELICITY SMOAK "ARROW" 120
3rd WAVERLEY EARP & NICOLE HAUGHT "WYNONNA EARP" 73
4th Jake Peralta & Amy Santiago "Brooklyn Nine Nine" 59
5th Emma Swan & Captain Hook "Once Upon A Time" 54
6th Alex Danvers & Maggie Sawyer "Supergirl" 50
7th Barry Allen & Iris West "The Flash" 46
8th Joyce Byers & Bob Newby "Stranger Things" 41
9th Sheldon Cooper & Amy Farrah Fowler "The Big Bang Theory" 37
10th Rebecca & Jack Pearson "This Is Us" 35
10th Jiya Marin & Rufus Carlin "Timeless" 35

This is the lowest total for a win. ...

Best Of TV Awards 2017 - Best Non-Human Character or Prop WINNER - LUCIFERS CORVETTE "LUCIFER"
March 6, 2018
https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/polls-and-awards-blog/best-of-tv-awards-2017-best-non-human-character-or-prop-winner-lucifers-corvette-lucifer

Arrow Cave "Arrow" was in 4th with 50 votes. This was their 2nd consecutive year in the finals, both times finishing 4th The TARDIS "Doctor Who" was 5th with 44 votes. The 3rd finals appearance (3rd, 5th)
1st LUCIFERS CORVETTE "LUCIFER" 127
2nd RAPUNZEL "DIRK GENTLY'S HOLISTIC DETECTIVE AGENCY" 88
3rd THE IMPALA "SUPERNATURAL" 76
4th Arrow Cave "Arrow" 50
5th The TARDIS "Doctor Who" 44
6th Daenerys Dragons "Game Of Thrones" 37
7th The Time Machines "Timeless" 29
8th Peacemaker "Wynonna Earp" 27
9th Lucille "The Walking Dead" 17
10th S.T.A.R. Labs "The Flash" 16

Lucifers Corvette wins with the smallest vote total of a winner in this category history. ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Best Of TV Awards 2017 - Best Stunts WINNER - SUPERNATURAL
March 6, 2018
https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/polls-and-awards-blog/best-of-tv-awards-2017-best-stunts-winner-supernatural

Third was 2014 & 2015 winner Arrow with 74 votes. They improved slightly on their finish last year where they finished 4th (4th, 1st, 1st).
1st  SUPERNATURAL 394
2nd  AGENTS OF SHIELD 196
3rd  ARROW 74
4th  Game Of Thrones 69
5th  Stranger Things 41
6th  Hawaii Five-0 34
7th  Gotham 24
8th  Legends Of Tomorrow 15
9th  Supergirl 13
9th  The Flash 13

32 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

Reddit has a poll using Brackify.com.  They didn’t like that Felicity was winning so switched the numbers and disqualified her because Reddit said the voters on Reddit wouldn’t vote for her. 

That is so sad. ??

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

Best Of TV Awards 2017 - Best Director WINNER - RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. "STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU" (SUPERNATURAL)
March 12, 2018
https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/polls-and-awards-blog/best-of-tv-awards-2017-best-director-winner-richard-speight-jr-stuck-in-the-middle-with-you-supernatural

James Bamford "Fallout" (Arrow) was in 4th with 56 votes. Tom Cavanagh "Elongated  Journey Into Night" was 5th with 49 votes.
1st - RICHARD SPEIGHT JR. "STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU" (SUPERNATURAL) 745
2nd - SHERWIN SHILATI "GOD JOHNSON" (LUCIFER) 83
3rd - ROBERT SINGER "ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER" (SUPERNATURAL) 58
4th - James Bamford "Fallout" (Arrow) 56
5th - Tom Cavanagh "Elongated Journey Into Night" (The Flash) 49
6th - Lucy Liu "Moving Target" (Elementary) 45
7th - Glen Ficarra & John Requa "Memphis" (This Is Us) 36
8th - Jeremy Podeswa "The Dragon And The Wolf" (Game Of Thrones) 33
9th - Larry Teng "Point Three Percent" (The Good Doctor) 28
10th - Matt Shakman "The Spoils Of War" (Game Of Thrones) 21

Best Of TV Awards 2017 - Best Youth Actor WINNER - CHANDLER RIGGS "THE WALKING DEAD"
March 13, 2018
https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/polls-and-awards-blog/best-of-tv-awards-2017-best-youth-actor-winner-chandler-riggs-the-walking-dead

... Jack Moore "Arrow" was 5th with 46 votes in his first finals appearance.
1st - CHANDLER RIGGS "THE WALKING DEAD" 100
2nd - GATEN MATARAZZO "STRANGER THINGS" 98
3rd - FINN WOLFHARD "STRANGER THINGS" 77
4th - David Mazouz "Gotham" 48
5th - Jack Moore "Arrow" 46
6th - Jared Gilmore "Once Upon A Time" 39
7th - Dylan Kingwell "The Good Doctor" 35
8th - Caleb McLaughlin "Stranger Things" 30
9th - Dean Charles Chapman "Game Of Thrones" 23
10th - Parker Bates "This Is Us" 20
11th - Lonnie Chavis "This Is Us" 17
12th - Chosen Jacobs "Hawaii Five-0" 16

Best Of TV Awards 2017 - Favorite TV Character WINNER - DEAN WINCHESTER "SUPERNATURAL"
March 12, 2018
https://canadagraphs.weebly.com/polls-and-awards-blog/best-of-tv-awards-2017-favorite-tv-character-winner-dean-winchester-supernatural

... 2014 Winner Felicity Smoak "Arrow" was 8th with 59 votes. Felicity returns to the top 10 after a steep drop last year in her 5th consecutive finals (26th, 4th, 1st, 4th) ... Oliver Queen/Green Arrow "Arrow" was 10th with 40 votes. This was Olivers 5th consecutive finals & 3rd top 10 finish (18th, 7th, 6th, 11th)
1st - DEAN WINCHESTER "SUPERNATURAL" 364
2nd - CASTIEL "SUPERNATURAL" 293
3rd - DIRK GENTLY "DIRK GENTLY'S HOLISTIC DETECTIVE AGENCY" 146
4th - Sam Winchester "Supernatural" 140
5th - Philip Coulson "Agents Of SHIELD" 122
6th - Lucifer Morningstar "Lucifer" 85
7th - Melinda May "Agents Of SHIELD" 78
8th - Felicity Smoak "Arrow" 59
9th - Raymond Reddington "The Blacklist" 48
10th - Oliver Queen/Green Arrow "Arrow" 40
10th - Bart Curlish "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" 40
12th - The Doctor "Doctor Who" 37