Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E16: 7 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

That did look a lot like him.  If it was, I had no idea he was part of that organization.

I have not seen HK7.  Was it basically for the same reason as Josh and Gabriel?

I don't remember but I think you can find a YouTube video of it somewhere. She kept screwing something up and he ran out of patience with her. She kept trying to come back into the kitchen after he told her to leave.

(edited)

Watched this morning while getting ready for work.

Buh-bye Gabe.....ITA it shoulda happened way sooner.  (Quoting my niece).

On the fence about Scott.  I think he's just in over his head and can't focus during service.  Seems to be a decent cook, tho.

Joy is good but I can't stand to watch her chew her lip...constantly.

Like Rochelle but don't know if she's winning worthy.

Cannot stand Melanie....she seems to be falling apart despite her bravado at first.

Jason is an asswipe.  Arrogant.  Ain't gonna for him.  Who'd want to work for/with him?

Kaisha.....no chance in hell ('s Kitchen).  Can you imagine her 'barking' orders?  Nobody could understand her.  And she's too emotional.

I knew once Gabe left everyone was getting a jacket and no one was going home.

I do hope they let all the contestants take home a jacket for a souvenir.  My Mom worked in the restaurant biz for 40 yrs and all the cooks had several jackets 'cause those things get dirty really fast.  Sometimes even changing them mid service when one became too gnarly.

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 1

I think Rochelle is the most teachable out of the remaining chefs. That's what Ramsay likes, someone he can mold into his type of chef. I also think he knows she's been given a bad time by Joy and Kashia and she's working under two different pressure cookers: his and theirs.

• Love 2

Shallow, but I too giggled when they kept showing closeups of those red and blue plate/chargers from Hobby Lobby and /or the Dollar Store. And yes, I know that because I have shopped there in my time. :)

Shallow, but I too giggled when they kept showing closeups of those red and blue plate/chargers from Hobby Lobby and /or the Dollar Store. And yes, I know that because I have shopped there in my time. :)

Amen on this.  I leaned into the TV then burst out laughing after seeing the charger plates.  Yeah, looked like Dollar Store.

(edited)

*small voice*  What is a charger plate? I thought those were like a background for the presentation.  Do they reflect the heat to keep the serving plate warm?  My enquiring mind wants to know (and I love cooking and cooking shows...I drive my hubby crazy but he love the results on his plate...;-)

But I agree they did look cheap.

Edited by OhioSongbird
(edited)

OhioSongbird I was curious about this as well and looked it up. According to Wikipedia:

Charger plates or service plates are larger decorative plates used to dress up dinner tables at parties, weddings, and other special events... They are usually larger than most common dinner plates. Since they are not used for food, charger plates can be found in a variety of materials, from traditional china, to metal, wood, glass, plastic and pearl. And they may be decorated with substances that can be toxic if ingested.

Charger plate etiquette and use varies among caterers and restaurants. Some professional catering companies remove the decorative charger plate as soon as the guests are seated. More commonly, charger plates are kept on the table during the serving of soups and first courses, and act as a base on which food-bearing bowls and dishes are placed. In other instances, when the design of charger plates complements the design of dining plates, charger plates are left on the table throughout the course of meal. However, charger plates are always removed before serving desserts

Edited by Rapunzel
(edited)

Mostly I've seen charger plates being made of metal.  I've never used them but I'm a big fan of underplating soup bowls and cups.  It's just nicer because I have a decent collection of pfaltzgraff.  Please don't shop at Hobby Lobby. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

To beat a deceased horse, I didn't think the charger plates looked bad - quite the contrary. If I didn't know their price I'd have thought they were "spendy." They're colorful and bright and I guess that's the point especially on this show with the colored teams.

So Gabriel has to leave through the front door, where a taxi picks him up...and presumably takes him around to the back, so he can get his clothes from the dorms.

I also noticed the area was completely deserted and the parking lot looked empty when the cab came.  Wasn't HK full of people eating stunning meals at the time?  Maybe they bussed them in....

(edited)

Amen on this.  I leaned into the TV then burst out laughing after seeing the charger plates.  Yeah, looked like Dollar Store.

I knew they looked familiar. I got a red one from Hobby Lobby to use as a tray for Christmas. Well, with all those 'amazing' trips to 'stunning' locations, I guess they have to save money somewhere.

Edited by aliya

QuelleC.......how did you get a pic of my cat Squeak?  I know she has a secret life.  Must be hanging out at your place.

All snarking aside I would loooooove to eat any of the meals shown.  Love scallops but have never had a Beef Wellington.  They look delicious!

• Love 1