Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Messiahs

• Start Topic

I'll have to watch this again I DVRed it, but I lost 7-8 minutes for some reason. Hoover Deuce was an undercover agent? That tracks.

The montage with God on his hog after bailing out of Heaven was funny. "Why the Dalmatian fetish suit? Because shut up, that's why!" Fiore offering Jesse the job also felt fitting. I'm guessing those were angels in the throne room. Jesse probably thought they were part of some weird Roman sex cult, but he was too polite to ask.

Oh, good, Humperdoo's back. And he's holed up at a unbelievably Orthodox synagogue in Williamsburg. Why not? At least viewers unfamiliar with the borough of Brooklyn got a better impression than from Benny Bensonhurst: Amateur Mohel.

3 hours ago, Sandman87 said:

I wonder if we're done with Eugene now. Probably not.

I'm guessing he gets a shiny new mouth in three weeks. 🤷‍♂️

• Love 1

Hi Fiore! Nice to get some call backs to the start of the show, maybe we will actually get to see some of the dead townsfolk in the afterlife?!

Good to see that not even heaven understands Gods dog obsession, beyond it being God backwards. I dont even want to know what nasty ass thing he wants to replace humans with. 

So we do at least seem to be chasing that elusive beast known as the plot now, and Hoover 2 actually being an undercover Fed might honestly be one of the biggest twists that surprised me in awhile.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:06 AM, UnknownK said:

Didn't they show a cargo ship in the episode?

I think it was last episode they showed that.

Holy shit was this exceptional. Batshit off the wall. I mean, Holiday Road. I wish the show didn't drag so much in S2 and they went all out like this sooner.

I didn't realize the grail had the wrong Humperdoo. I wonder if Humperdoo has any dialogue or if they just ask the actor to improvise. I swear he said 'uber driver' in the church.

I didn't think Jessie was in heaven because Hitler said there was no way he'd be going up there.

I love Featherstone.

I'd love to see the show redone from god's pov.

They turned Star from a scheming ladder climbing boss killing type into a paper shuffling yes man wussy so him taking over Hitlers Hell isn't going to happen.

If anybody is going to take over hell its the cowboy gun slinger everybody is still afraid off , after he finishes his revenge on earth against GOD that is.

I never read the comics so no clue where this is going.

Starr's become obsessed with revenge against Jessie, but I wouldn't call him a yes man. He is still wrangling Jesus and Hitler to negotiate the apocalypse. It wasn't his fault Humperdoo got lost either, that was in the aftermath of the prior allfather, really. He's been mainly getting beat up by god.

You do have to feel for Starr, with the dog / dingo running off with his dick in its mouth, you have to wonder exactly what  he will use to replace that vital organ, Cassidy's foreskins for his ear, I wonder what he'll think of for that particular part?

Edited by OoohMaggie

Caught the bit I missed last week, with the death of Hoover Deuce.

”Chief? Have I got a story for you! This here World is deep in that gumbo! Y’see- . . . yes, this is a Southern accent. Aside from that there Kraut, who don’t got an accent? Hang on, the familiar-looking coffee guy looks to have got the drop on me.”

Edited by Lantern7

For me, the happiest moment of this entire series was when Tulip and Cassidy were driving and Humperdoo was in the back seat, sticking his head out the window and joyfully crooning, "Humper-dooooooo" into the wind.  Adorable.

• Love 2