Type keyword(s) to search

Wolf Watch: The after-show not worth its own forum.

I thought I'd start a Wolf Watch topic since I don't think it's worth its own forum, even though it is a separate show.

Does anyone else wonder about the logic of MTV? As far as I know since I'm not their target demographic any more, they haven't shown actual music videos in years. They've replaced them with reality TV or original programming like Teen Wolf. So when they do a talk show to cover their own show in more depth in a blatant rip-off of the AMC's The Talking Dead, they then turn it into a music dance party.

I didn't pad my Teen Wolf DVR recording for an additional 30 minutes to see a band play and the stars dance, though I will admit Tyler Posey continues to rock the cuteness (and his tush). As far as I know, they've always done the party games and other silly stuff, but at least it was focused on the show and/or fans. While I'm not dedicated enough to count the actual minutes, it seemed like over half the show was devoted to music that only vaguely related to the show, if at all. I just don't get the point of an after episode talk show if you don't talk about the show much

DJ Emo or whoever is back and appears to be a permanent fixture. Whatever. Obviously, I don't get the stardom of DJs either.

Some of the audience members were quite cute at least.

I suppose I should just shut up and let the kids play their loud "satanic rock music" so long as they stay off my lawn.

• Love 2

I only tried to watch this once (might have been the first one). I didn't get it, and turned it off within a few minutes because it was dumb. Then again I'm probably not in the demographics they are aiming for.

I'm also probably not the demographic they are aiming for, which might be why I don't get it and don't like it.  I think I've watched it three times now and each time I end up reverting to an evil person who uses the time to critique the appearances of all the actors on the couch.  This past one, Jeff Davis was on it and damn, I went to town on him inside my head.  

I'm definitely not in their target demographics, but I like Wolf Watch in all it's cheesy glory.  (I'll listen to a few minutes of the bands, but fast-forwarded over the two that played on Monday.)  I prefer when the guests are affiliated with the show over random guests, though. 

I much preferred the last two Teen Wolf Revelations specials that Jill Wagner hosted, which had a larger cross-section of the cast and focused on more in-depth discussion of the show itself. But I get that men in their mid-forties are probably not the demographic MTV is interested in, so I can understand why the show was retooled for a teen audience with its party games, DJs, and whatnot.

Best thread name ever!

WW was definitely way more focused on music than the show this time. I FFed through the performers, too. Last season they'd maybe have one DJ/musician or they'd maybe have an actor from a different MTV show, but mostly guests, quizzes, discussion, interview videos, fan shoutouts, etc., focused on the show. This ep felt like 75% not Teen Wolf related. If that's the way they're starting with the premiere, not a good sign.

Also, Jill Wagner is an enthusiastic host, but does it drive anyone else crazy that she can't pronounce "wolf"? She says "Woof Watch" about ten times an episode. Argh!

• Love 1

The only reason why I watch Wolf Watch is to catch preview clip for the next week. And to catch the Teen Wolf cast acting like themselves.

Like the puppy-excited Tyler Posey and laid back Dylan O'Brien. Those two have such a different dynamic with each other. I wonder if O'Brien just sits back and watches Posey bounce all over the place or if the cameras aren't rolling he's bouncing along with him. O'Brien just always has this amused look on his face when it comes to Posey. Cracks me up.

• Love 1

I was converted to a TW fan after 3B was over, so I missed any Wolf Watches that aired prior to this season.  I was really kind of excited once I found out about the after-show (being a fan of Walking AND Talking Dead) and I was incredibly underwhelmed by the first one.  The next two have been... better, I guess, but still pretty lacking. 

Like so many of you have said, I'm definitely not the demographic they are aiming for, so the musical guests are non-entities to me... but my biggest problem is that I find Jill Wagner to be the worst host in the history of ever.  I guess it might be the editing, but her transitions from one subject to another are clunky and the way she kind of stumbles in her phrasing and direction of questions just sounds so awkward! 

I would quit watching altogether, but I think the cast members are adorable and I like getting the sneak peeks.  I will also admit to coveting the lacrosse jerseys that were handed out to the winners of the party games.  I really want one!

One reason it's so uncomfortable for me is that Jill Wagner, not only being a really terrible host, also spends a lot of time remarking on the shirtless boys of the show.  It's already weird that I'm privately ogling shirtless dudes on tv who are playing teenagers, but it is fairly inappropriate for a 40-something-year-old to be publicly doing this.  One of those actors is an actual teenager, which just ups the awkward and distaste of it all.  It would just make a lot more sense and feel more comfortable if the host were someone closer in age to the peer group of the main cast.  I know most of the teen cast are actually in their 20's, but the point is that we are supposed to be imagining them as teens so Jill Wagner's slobbering over their character ends up making me feel so incredibly dirty for watching this show and enjoying some of the eye candy.  

• Love 2

I think that aspect of the after-show is written with its teen audience in mind rather than being a true reflection of Jill Wagner's viewpoint. She did feel mortified and apologize to Ian Nelson's mom after filming a kissing scene with him, after all. And at least with her it's coming from someone the cast actually knows, so it may have the feel of being teased by a friend and co-worker rather than perved on by some stranger with a microphone.

If you want to see some truly cringe-worthy examples of how much more awkward it could be, take a look at the first two Teen Wolf Revelations specials. The host mixed up actors' and characters' names and asked questions like "Dylan, did it turn you on to watch Holland and Jackson making out?"

I know it's geared towards the teen audience and Jill's hosting cards are written with that in mind.  I doubt she's going around accosting young boys in real life.  It's just awkward and pervy.  

While the episode with the girl band wasn't as bad as the season premier, it was still really bad. Again, if they want to bring music back to MTV, do it on a show that's designed for that. I really don't care what some random teeny bopper thinks about Teen Wolf. This is especially true when the only Teen Wolf they've watched was the episode that were shown prior to filming. DJ emo continues to annoy, but at least he's the more informed musical "talent" on this show.

I'm wondering if DJ Cole was right in his guess about Parrish's true nature now - Jeff Davis went stonefaced and took a minute to recover. Though the phoenix was a singular being and not human in form. What other supernatural creatures would be immune to fire? Ifrits? Dragons?

Funny that they didn't do a trivia game this week thanks to Jeff being there. Based on the show's handling of continuity, Posey or the fan guest might have had a shot at beating him!

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

I don't know everyone else felt, but I actually liked Posey as the host. He is just a giant puppy of excitement, isn't he? I hope there's an episode of the just the remaining original actors, or Posey and O'Brien with their respective TV parents.

I occasionally made it through an episode when Jill was hosting. With Tyler hosting, I kept thinking someone has got to be a lot drunker for me to make it through an episode. I'm hoping it'll be Tyler; it will probably be me.

Nope. Don't like it. Even though Jill was a bad host, she at least stabilized into comfortable familiarity. Now they unleash the hyperactive Tyler Posey on us. Some one needs to club him over the head with a baseball bat or overdose him on some Ritalin. Tyler may be more metal than I would ever want to be, but I don't think I can deal with him for 30 minutes at this level. Maybe if he dials it back to an 8 or 9, it might be a different story. Maybe DJ Emo will calm him down a bit.

I thought Jill was actually a pretty good host in terms of rapport with the guests and her own conduct. Lord knows she was orders of magnitude better than her Tiger Beat-esque predecessor. The problem is her seasons were aimed at 13-year-old girl viewers, so all the plot and character motivation discussions went out the window and she was given goofy party games and a tally of how many times the guys stripped down.

Did Wolf Watch go bye bye? It use to come on after Teen Wolf, so I just ended my recording of it with an additional 30 minutes to catch Wolf Watch as well. Now, all I get is the new Scream TV series. While I didn't want to, I thought I'd search for new episodes to create a separate Series Option on my DirecTV DVR. However, I didn't even see any future episodes, nor did I get a series match.

So it came back tonight after being gone a few episodes. Or am I the only one that hasn't seen it in a while? Also, why did the set look like it was decorated for a Halloween haunted house? Was it suppose to be reminiscent of the Dread Doctors lab?

Can't stand the new wolf watch correspondents and their new take on the segment. Can't stand Tyler's hyperactive "heavy metal" personality in such large doses. Never thought I'd miss Jill and her Wolf Watch tally of shirtlessness.

So it came back tonight after being gone a few episodes. Or am I the only one that hasn't seen it in a while? Also, why did the set look like it was decorated for a Halloween haunted house? Was it suppose to be reminiscent of the Dread Doctors lab?

Can't stand the new wolf watch correspondents and their new take on the segment. Can't stand Tyler's hyperactive "heavy metal" personality in such large doses. Never thought I'd miss Jill and her Wolf Watch tally of shirtlessness.

I saw an interview somewhere with Tyler Poser who said that they weren't doing shows for after every episode this season.  If  think he said they were only doing it for 5 shows.

• Love 1

I caught maybe 30 seconds of it, just as long as it took for me to find the remote.  The part I found remarkable was the studio audience, or dearth of a studio audience.  They were in the shadows, but based on the clapping / yelling / cheering I'd esitmate it was around 20 people, probably half of which were part of the production staff.

I saw an interview somewhere with Tyler Poser who said that they weren't doing shows for after every episode this season.  If  think he said they were only doing it for 5 shows.

He said the next one was in 2 weeks, so maybe they'redoing 1 WW for every 2 TWs.

Wow, I just watched this for the first time, by accident, it started immediately after the season ender.  I have two questions:  Who did Tyler Poesy blow to get the host job?  He's absolutely atrocious.  Is there an official Tyler Poesy Ego Wrangler listed in the credits for Wolf Watch?

• Love 2

I actually didn't mind, "Wolf Watch," back when Jill Wagner was hosting it. I enjoyed it, to be honest. But Tyler Posey pretty much ruined it, because he was hyper to the point of being annoying ... and causing a headache. I also didn't like the segments they added when he took over as host.

I don't know why MTV canceled, "Wolf Watch." Was it because so many people complained about the show when Tyler took over as host? If that's the case, why not replace him with someone else who was associated with the show? Someone who wasn't hyper and practically bouncing off of the walls.

• Love 2
On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:56 AM, Livana Faolan said:

I actually didn't mind, "Wolf Watch," back when Jill Wagner was hosting it. I enjoyed it, to be honest. But Tyler Posey pretty much ruined it, because he was hyper to the point of being annoying ... and causing a headache. I also didn't like the segments they added when he took over as host.

I don't know why MTV canceled, "Wolf Watch." Was it because so many people complained about the show when Tyler took over as host? If that's the case, why not replace him with someone else who was associated with the show? Someone who wasn't hyper and practically bouncing off of the walls.

When I was new to 'Teen Wolf' I appreciated the show feedback that Wolf Watch provided. And the host, Wagner, was decent too. But once I caught up I was no longer interested, especially when you can find most stuff on the internet.