Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The World to Come

Bort
  • Start Topic

Because he withheld evidence from his fellow detectives, Philo is accused of being the man behind the string of murders and is thrown in jail. There, he finds some unexpected help from Vignette. Elsewhere, Ezra takes exception to Imogen’s relationship with Agreus. Sophie offers Jonah a deal.

Airdate: Friday, August 30, 2019

I figured the episode was going to end with Philo being brought to the Chancellor.  I'm sure I'll find out why when I start the next episode, but I'm guessing he's going to end up being Philo's father this entire time.

Sophie and Jonah continue plotting and planning, and it is either going to work out spectacularly for them or backfire miserably.  I don't see any middle ground here.

Imogen and Agreus finally admit their feelings and get a big romantic sex scene.  That totally means something bad will happen in the finale that will mess all of that up, right?!

While I'm sure there will be some cliffhangers in the finale, I do hope we find out who the killer is at least.

• Love 1

Everybody getting together! Imogen and Agreus admit their feelings and get a big romantic sex scene, Philo and Vignette reconcile right before he is dragged off to be hung, and even Jonah and Sophie are going hot and heavy, and Jonah just cant quit her devious self. Of course, I dont see any of these going smoothly...

So Portia realizes that, yeah, she is totally the bad guy in this break up, so she tries to take back what she said, which is a nice thought, but even if she didnt know that he would be charged with the murder, she knew this would seriously screw his life up.

So if the Chancellor is Philos father, I bet that it was his wife that had all those people killed so that he wont have another heir besides Jonah, and no one will know that he had an affair with a fae.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

First of all I did not recognize Jared Harris in that final shot so I wasn't sure who that was supposed to be. Something about the camera angle threw me. 

I detest the trope where a character is thrown a lifeline and throws it away to be a martyr to his cause. All Philo had to do was say yeah, Portia was lying, and that would have been the end of it. I suppose he had to prove himself to Vignette, but, groan. 

I don't mind the relationship between Agreus and Imogen, in fact it's probably my favorite storyline. But I thought the sex scene was premature. That's something that should have waited another season or two.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 9/6/2019 at 2:02 PM, iMonrey said:

I don't mind the relationship between Agreus and Imogen, in fact it's probably my favorite storyline. But I thought the sex scene was premature. That's something that should have waited another season or two.

Yep, they rushed it way too quickly. It needed more of a tease before the slam. She had just realized his feelings for him, it would have been nice to see a slow buildup to the sex scene we knew would eventually take place. There was a sweet relationship developing and it dampened the tenderness. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, ferjy said:

Yep, they rushed it way too quickly. It needed more of a tease before the slam. She had just realized his feelings for him, it would have been nice to see a slow buildup to the sex scene we knew would eventually take place. There was a sweet relationship developing and it dampened the tenderness. 

I agree. It also seems so out of character for Imogen. She’s not a middled aged woman of a divorce used to freedom (sexual or otherwise), wasn’t she on the hunt for a husband to get away from her dipshit brother? What’s contraception like in this world? Her housekeeper said mixed children are often weaker/don’t survive, we know it’s possible for mixed children to be fine (like Philo) but maybe conception is harder and mixed couples are less likely to conceive at all. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh!  Oh!  I got it!  The prophesy that Absalom's son will be a great man isn't about Jonah, it's about Philo!  Yay, me!  And Piety is definitely behind the monster, killing anyone who knows about the Fae baby.

I kept yelling at Portia and the young policeman about their regrets for telling Philo's secret.  Idiots!  Maybe you shouldn't, you know, betray people you supposedly care about?

On 9/7/2019 at 8:33 PM, Razzberry said:

Imogen and her puck-buddy

Ok, that is hilarious.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:59 PM, AnimeMania said:

I am sure he rammed it home.

As is this.

All I could think was if she gets pregnant, birthing something with hooves and horns doesn't sound pleasant.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6

Ok you forced me to Google it. The hooves of goats are soft when they are born but harden after birth. I still wouldn't be willing to have a goat baby but it probably wouldn't be much more painful than a full human baby. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/6/2019 at 11:02 AM, iMonrey said:

I detest the trope where a character is thrown a lifeline and throws it away to be a martyr to his cause. All Philo had to do was say yeah, Portia was lying, and that would have been the end of it. I suppose he had to prove himself to Vignette, but, groan. 

It would have been interesting to see what his answer would have been if Vignette hadn't been there to witness it, but history is full of people who would rather sacrifice their life rather than sacrifice their beliefs, or in this case, go back to living a lie. Philo has shown he is sympathetic to the fae, and I think the guilt was more than he could bear any longer, especially with an audience of his kind looking on. I was actually glad he told the truth - he would have looked weaker if he had continued the lie.

I really could have lived without the drawn out graphic sex scene between Imogen and Agreus. My 14 yo wanted to watch this, but I think this scene made me realize it's a hard no there. I also agree it was too soon. Isn't this supposed to be some kind of Victorian steampunk time? I don't think a proper lady would just jump into sex with anyone, let alone a forbidden species, after one fun outing buying a painting at an auction. It's too bad because I was liking their story line the most. I wish they had let it be a slow burn......

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 12/26/2019 at 11:23 PM, eliot90000 said:

People in Victorian times were having plenty of sex, even illicit sex.  It’s only in Victorian LITERATURE that they aren’t.  There were more prostitutes per capita in Victorian London than there were at any other time in history.  

True, but for the reasons I stated above, I don’t think that would include Imogen. I just didn’t find it believable given who she is and the time frame.

• Love 1