Type keyword(s) to search

A Very Brady Renovation - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, alexa said:

It premieres at 11 pm eastern time?  On Christmas Eve?

I just looked at my local listing and it shows GenerationRenovation on from 1 AM-1:30 AM??? They must really be hiding it!

Edited to add that I just checked the DVR and that states that the show will be on at 10 PM and then again at 1 AM. Will have to check it out!

Edited by suebee12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Generation Renovation episode was okay but I admit, it didn't keep my interest. 

It seemed kind of like a lite version of most renovation shows.  But at only a half an hour minus commercials, it's not much of a time investment.  I don't know if they even made more than that one episode, but I would watch it again.  At that time slot, it could use some help.

I am guessing if it is like some of the other renovation shows with a similar theme (as they have some like it already on HGTV), it wouldn't get much attention.  I get that HGTV thinks that renovation is what everyone wants to see, but I still really miss the old home decorating shows where people could actually do the things they show themselves.  It is all renovation now  :-(

• Love 2

Get Ready to Binge HGTV This New Year's Day

Once the ball drops, HGTV will ring in 2020 with a relax and recover, must-see lineup of New Year’s Day programming that kicks off with a refreshed version of the nostalgia-filled hit series A Very Brady Renovation.

The updated episodes will include newly added memories, reflections and behind-the-scenes secrets from Barry Williams (Greg), Maureen McCormick (Marcia), Eve Plumb (Jan), Mike Lookinland (Bobby) and Susan Olsen (Cindy).

Airs 7AM EST.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 1

I recorded the first two but somehow it didn't record the last two. I admit, I did ff through some of it but did see some pop ups that looked interesting. 

Seems Mike never says, 'Hi Honey, I'm home'. 😞 Will have to watch that scene when he does come home through the door. lol One thing about RR's hair is that I had already known and I can see why there is controversy. Can't imagine how much work it was to keep the curls away in the third and fourth season when they went to Hawaii.  

HGTV needs to be careful cause people might get tired of it after awhile. I know they gotta make money but... 

2 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

HGTV needs to be careful cause people might get tired of it after awhile. I know they gotta make money but... 

Yeah, I don't blame them for doing their best to get their money's worth out of their purchase, and then some.  But.  For even those of us who feel really nostalgic about the show, there comes a saturation point.

For those who watched on New Year's, was any of the updated material worth tuning in for?  My DVR is bursting at the seams, so I didn't record this time around.

2 hours ago, Fellaway said:

For those who watched on New Year's, was any of the updated material worth tuning in for?  My DVR is bursting at the seams, so I didn't record this time around.

Yeah, I had considered recording this, but I ended up forgetting about it.  I'm not a big fan of these repackaged shows where you get a few minutes of new material, although sometimes there are some interesting scenes.  And I absolutely HATE those pop up shows, they drive me crazy.  I'll be watching the show happily, and I'll think hey was that a pop up?  I forgot to read it.  Then I'll either wonder what it was or have to rewind the thing.  Pain in the arse.

Besides which, I watch too much TV as it is, I don't need to add four hours of stuff I had already mostly seen.  So were there any good interesting scenes or facts?

• Love 2

I was watching one while doing something else.  It seemed the same to me, but of course if there were pop ups I didn’t see them.  However as already stated those are so easy to miss anyway.  I doubt it was worth a rewatch.

Hey, it's only $5.5 million.  I don't like that the Brady decor isn't included though.  I can understand them not wanting to include some of the personal items, but they could at least leave the furniture.

• Like 3
On 5/24/2023 at 4:40 PM, rmontro said:

Hey, it's only $5.5 million.  I don't like that the Brady decor isn't included though.  I can understand them not wanting to include some of the personal items, but they could at least leave the furniture.

If it doesn't have the Brady furniture, than what's the point? I understand the cast wanting to keep the personal one of a kind things, but the regular furniture is crucial to the house. 

Maybe Lance Bass will buy it, and then purchase all of the proper Brady furniture to make the house as it should be. 

• Like 3

radio interview with the very excited real estate agent about the house

The Los Angeles house used for exterior shots on the classic sitcom The Brady Bunch is back on the market. In 2018, HGTV converted the entire interior into an exact replica of the set where the show was shot. Real estate agent Danny Brown tells As It Happens guest house Helen Mann it's a steal for only $5.5 million US (about $7.5 million Cdn).

• Useful 1