Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E17: Live Results 3

• Start Topic

Pretty predictable results. I can’t stand the choir and I’d have ranked them below tambourine-San, but it didn’t take a genius to figure out that result was predetermined.

The only shocker was Jackie Fab and Marcin in the Dunkin Save. What?  Marcin simply has by far the best chance to win the whole thing than any of them and he winds up #7 of the 7 that went through? Ridiculous. And I have not liked JF one bit so far, but she was kinda funny last time.

Opra Girls talent is staggering, but an Opra act cannot win this thing.

And WHAT are people seeing in this Mackenzie guy? He’s an OK singer, barely above average. And that dull lifeless song, are you joking? At least they got that one right.

The Final 7 were easy and obvious and they all deserved it except the choir. It seems like each of these results only have 5 acts at the most that even belong in the semis. The quality does not run deep.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SG11 said:

The only shocker was Jackie Fab and Marcin in the Dunkin Save. What?  Marcin simply has by far the best chance to win the whole thing than any of them and he winds up #7 of the 7 that went through? Ridiculous. And I have not liked JF one bit so far, but she was kinda funny last time.

I don't see how Marcin has the best chance of winning; like many opera acts have caused us to ponder like it's an ancient Buddhist proverb "What's the market?". Anything like what he plays never gets radio time; even broadening that definition to rock or metal, the amount of acts in those genres with "mass" appeal (not Jackie Fabulous pandering to other high BMI viewers) are extremely few. Animals As Leaders is the only band I could think of that is similar to Marcin, albeit on electric guitar, so perhaps you'd enjoy that, despite it probably being classified as prog rock/metal (it's all instrumental).

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, InternetToughGuy said:

I don't see how Marcin has the best chance of winning; like many opera acts have caused us to ponder like it's an ancient Buddhist proverb "What's the market?". Anything like what he plays never gets radio time; even broadening that definition to rock or metal, the amount of acts in those genres with "mass" appeal (not Jackie Fabulous pandering to other high BMI viewers) are extremely few. Animals As Leaders is the only band I could think of that is similar to Marcin, albeit on electric guitar, so perhaps you'd enjoy that, despite it probably being classified as prog rock/metal (it's all instrumental).

OK, who has the better chance of winning the whole thing out of the other 6 that went through?

1 hour ago, SG11 said:

OK, who has the better chance of winning the whole thing out of the other 6 that went through?

Probably Dom Chambers or Eric Chien - magic is one of the acts people actually like to watch and would go see in Vegas. Out of those 2, I think Eric is the better magician, but he's very lacking in charisma, so Dom likely has the better chance. Benicio has a good chance at crafting a following on YouTube, since he's talented, creative, and I'm sure teen girls find him attractive. YouTube is pretty much what mainstream is now, so he could get a tour and all that without needing to win the show, assuming he could get a following. Former AGT contestant Collins Key has a gigantic YouTube audience, although it's for doing videos I'm sure he hates (not sure if you could call that success, then). Sofie Dossi from 2 or 3 years ago has over 4 million subscribers - any act whose talent can't translate to video form is doomed to irrelevance, as they have no means of staying in people's minds.

Jackie Fabulous has in my opinion a very lazy style - no buildup or subversion of expectations, no wordplay/puns, and nothing overtly clever. I just rewatched her Judge Cuts performance and it seemed indistinguishable from every other female comedian I've ever seen (I don't actively seek them out). It's like people will laugh because she's in front of them, but few will deliberately see what she's up to.

With Detroit Youth Choir filling 50+ spots in a 14 spot semifinals, these mandated diversity quotas are getting out of control. Nobody would go to Vegas to see a choir and no one knows the name of a single member or would remember their face, thus not connecting with them at all, so this goes without saying.

Emmane winning over the magicians would be insane, though I could see it happening, even though she wouldn't go anywhere after that. I doubt any opera production would hire a 10 year old for a full time schedule, so I don't know what the intention would be if she won. Not sure why anyone would pretend to like it either.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, InternetToughGuy said:

I doubt any opera production would hire a 10 year old for a full time schedule

They legally can't, either, I'm sure. Shows with kid leads often have multiple kids playing the same part, because there's only so many hours they're allowed to work (Matilda the Musical had four girls playing the lead role at the same time, rotating performances. They were all about 10-12 years old. Not sure about the rest of the characters, but there are only a handful of adults in that show; most of the cast are minors). It's also one of the reasons movies and TV shows like to use twins for baby/toddler parts; they're only allowed to be on set for a limited amount of time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, InternetToughGuy said:

Probably Dom Chambers or Eric Chien - magic is one of the acts people actually like to watch and would go see in Vegas. Out of those 2, I think Eric is the better magician, but he's very lacking in charisma, so Dom likely has the better chance. Benicio has a good chance at crafting a following on YouTube, since he's talented, creative, and I'm sure teen girls find him attractive. YouTube is pretty much what mainstream is now, so he could get a tour and all that without needing to win the show, assuming he could get a following. Former AGT contestant Collins Key has a gigantic YouTube audience, although it's for doing videos I'm sure he hates (not sure if you could call that success, then). Sofie Dossi from 2 or 3 years ago has over 4 million subscribers - any act whose talent can't translate to video form is doomed to irrelevance, as they have no means of staying in people's minds.

Jackie Fabulous has in my opinion a very lazy style - no buildup or subversion of expectations, no wordplay/puns, and nothing overtly clever. I just rewatched her Judge Cuts performance and it seemed indistinguishable from every other female comedian I've ever seen (I don't actively seek them out). It's like people will laugh because she's in front of them, but few will deliberately see what she's up to.

With Detroit Youth Choir filling 50+ spots in a 14 spot semifinals, these mandated diversity quotas are getting out of control. Nobody would go to Vegas to see a choir and no one knows the name of a single member or would remember their face, thus not connecting with them at all, so this goes without saying.

Emmane winning over the magicians would be insane, though I could see it happening, even though she wouldn't go anywhere after that. I doubt any opera production would hire a 10 year old for a full time schedule, so I don't know what the intention would be if she won. Not sure why anyone would pretend to like it either.

Fair enough. I don’t entirely agree, as I think both magicians are a little boring. Chien has no delivery and I was surprised that weakass act with the candy made it through at all. Doms act was pretty dull too. I just wasn’t remotely interested in either one. (Props for using Tape Face though..l saw him at HIS show in Vegas this past year)

Opera Girls talent blows them all away, but of course there’s no chance of her act winning, none.

Thats why I don’t see anyone in that lineup anywhere near the contender that Marcin is. I’d buy a ticket to his show tomorrow. 

On the first aired episode of BGT Champions...... it was sand artist Kesinya Siminova .....winner on Ukraine's Got Talent and finishing third on AGT Champions last winter.....receiving the series first golden buzzer from Amanda Holden.   The second act through to the final......voted on by the audience in attendance ....(no superfans).....but also no live voting......is American act Bello and Annaliese Nock.....who performed the "wheel of death"......which looked kind of like a human hamster wheel that spun up and down like a Ferris wheel of sorts...... I didn't think much of this and can't believe the British audience would vote this over the likes of Paul Potts and Connie Talbot....who was runner up in season one as a toothless tyke singing "Over the Rainbow"....(yeeesh)......now a blossoming teen doing an original in I guess was to be a triumphant return ala Bianca Ryan in America.

Simon's favorite had to be Ashleigh and Sully.....a kind of dog dancing on their hind legs act we've seen too much.....including AGT Champions......she still can't contain the barking.

I liked the Australian comedy twins......"The Nelson Twins".....who were energetic and entertaining.....their jokes mostly corny oneliners.....some hits......some groans.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Sounder said:

The second act through to the final......voted on by the audience in attendance ....(no superfans).....but also no live voting......is American act Bello and Annaliese Nock.....who performed the "wheel of death"......which looked kind of like a human hamster wheel that spun up and down like a Ferris wheel of sorts

Oh wow, that's interesting. Annaliese Nock got shot out of a cannon in her AGT audition (I think it was last year), got voted through, then disappeared and didn't show up again and was never mentioned again.

Simon hated Bello when he auditioned on AGT. HATED him. Bello did the "hamster wheel of death" that the Vegas act did on this episode. I mentioned it in my post for this ep. Seems like Simon X'd him. If he didn't, he sure wanted to.

I like Bello so I'm glad he's still working it on these Got Talent shows. After BGT, he and his daughter can head over to Ukraine's Got Talent.

I never watch this show but happened to tune in last night. 

My only comment- did anyone notice Opera girl's speaking voice - after she finished singing, and she was thanking the voters? Her voice, to me, sounded very strange. It was super high. 

Has anyone else heard her speak on this show? Now I'm just very curious about what she sounds like when she talks.

oh my gosh the magic act with the candy...that got my OCD going.......and mine is not as bad as some peoples, but I just wanted to clean the candies off that table!!!!!

I'll give an example..When I go to the luckys supermarket and buy milk...they got rid of the doors in the cool section and put in these hanging plastic strips..they get twisted.. ..The more stressed I am the more  I have to fix them 

also  those black matts on the floor by the doors  at the stores I make them straight!!!

he kept dropping candies on the table with each trick and I kept wanting to fix it!!!

Edited by sue450
spellling
  • LOL 1

I haven't posted much at all. I just haven't gotten into this season. But I do have a few questions about the Sentimentalists.

Why didn't this trick/mind reading act work? Was there a "spotter" in the audience that maybe had communication problems? Like transmitter issues? Were the judges involved? If so, why did they decide not to go along with the act? You see where I'm going with this? Sure, it may be all a act to fool us, but why did the other times work and not this time? Anyone have an idea? Be serious please.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I haven't posted much at all. I just haven't gotten into this season. But I do have a few questions about the Sentimentalists.

Why didn't this trick/mind reading act work? Was there a "spotter" in the audience that maybe had communication problems? Like transmitter issues? Were the judges involved? If so, why did they decide not to go along with the act? You see where I'm going with this? Sure, it may be all a act to fool us, but why did the other times work and not this time? Anyone have an idea? Be serious please.

I cannot answer your question about what went wrong but if the judges agreed to be a part of the act and then did not go along with it that is wrong and I hope it comes out. It is odd how fast it went south you would think they would have a backup plan for times like these.