Type keyword(s) to search

Community (LOL) Mafia

• Start Topic

Ok, so I'm just gonna make a quick separate list so I know for sure who's in.

1. Machiabelly

2. The Crazed Spruce

3. stacey

4. Athena  (no guarantees on alcohol. There's no alcohol in prison! But...youcansneakitinifyoureallywantsome)

Anyone else who wants to join can add their name, for my own sanity :) I'll start prepping things up (I think I'm gonna do an OITNB/Orphan Black thing) and if I close sign ups by tomorrow night (Jan 2nd at, let's say, 3pm EST), then I can start handing out assignments by the 3rd.

ETA: Oh, I forgot to add: HAPPY NEW YEARS, EVERYONE! I hope everyone's having fun and is staying safe! 

Edited by jessied112
  • Love 5

Ok, so I've decided since this is an LOL Mafia round, I'm instead going to stick with a Community based theme. I'll throw in some Easter Eggs here and there, if I can, but I'm getting some more hilarious ideas with Community. I'm gonna save my other idea for a full round (which I will absolutely get a co-mod to help me out with in the future). So, I mean, I have more than enough characters at the moment (11, to be exact) so getting even just one more would be super helpful. 

Also, I'm looking back on the TwoP Mafia thread. *sniffles* Oh, good times, good times.

• Love 4

Also, I'm looking back on the TwoP Mafia thread. *sniffles* Oh, good times, good times.

Good times indeed! My round of Pirate Mafia (which included Community amongst its characters) round is in there. And of course it was included in our first game ("Cancelled Mafia") here on PTV. Though now it's been un-cancelled, so that's awkward...

• Love 1

I've been meaning to ask everyone - aside from Bob, who knew I was claiming his character, and Athena because I was claiming her partner's character, did anyone else actually suspect me? I had tried to buddy up to Biz (I'm sorry, Biz!) since she had been acting so Heroic. I did feel a bit bad about her reaction when she saw I was a Villain.

Also, did we ever figure out if there's a way that we could pin a post to the thread where mods could sign up to host rounds? It seems like a waste to make a whole separate thread for it. Any ideas, PTV mods?

• Love 1

LOLMafia List:

1. Machiabelly

2. The Crazed Spruce

3. stacey

4. Athena

5. egavasc

6. BizBuzz

7. TJtrack99

8. Lisin

9. JayKay

10. Silverstormm

11. TMunz

12. Dougal

13. photo fox

Also, yay, Community! I actually know that show.

• Love 2

I've been meaning to ask everyone - aside from Bob, who knew I was claiming his character, and Athena because I was claiming her partner's character, did anyone else actually suspect me? I had tried to buddy up to Biz (I'm sorry, Biz!) since she had been acting so Heroic. I did feel a bit bad about her reaction when she saw I was a Villain.

Also, did we ever figure out if there's a way that we could pin a post to the thread where mods could sign up to host rounds? It seems like a waste to make a whole separate thread for it. Any ideas, PTV mods?

Silver and I suspected you from the start ... and no problems TJ - it was a fun game and I was ok with everything, except for the obscure clues.  HA!

ETA ...anyone that is interested in modding a game, just post it in thread and one of the mods can edit Dougal's pinned post (awesome possum Dougal!).

• Love 3

BTW, one (last?) thing I meant to say about my game: the loophole in HalcyonDays's protection capacity - the "there is someone in the game stronger than you" thing - was limited to Spruce's power to kill someone who attacked the person he was protecting.  So if HD had still been alive and for some reason protected Dougal the night Zsasz went after wd, that protection would have failed and Dougal still would have died.

• Love 2

A little late, but....

I had Bob pegged as a hero after the way the failed DL on me played out in-story, which is why I protected him the second night. (By proxy, that meant I also trusted Athena, though I was positive that she was Montoya and Bob was Crispus Allen.) That's also why I fought so hard to steer everyone away from DLing him the next day. I knew that, the way my protection power worked, not only would it be completely useless, but I'd also wind up killing whoever cast the final vote. That's why I chose to take writingdreamer's claims at face value, and pushed to shift the vote over to JayKay. The final DL proved wd's claims, and my protection of her that night removed all doubt. Beyond that, I was pretty much stumped. (Though I did catch on to the "Stacey Kiebler" clue. In all my years of playing this game, that may be the first one of Mark's clues that I actually caught on to....)

• Love 4

(Though I did catch on to the "Stacey Kiebler" clue. In all my years of playing this game, that may be the first one of Mark's clues that I actually caught on to....)

In fairness, I only modded the one other game, and you were killed early in that one.  IIRC, that left an all-female non-sports-minded Heroes team, and considering that all my clues in that round were drawn from mlb.com....

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok, so I went up and wrote a prologue for you guys, as a taste of what you might get.. Warning: mod does not have a good sense of humour or comedic timing. But, my god, she tried.

Prologue: People, Welcome Back to Greendale!

It was a new day, and a new school year for the students of Greendale Community College. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping and Dean Pelton was hiding in the bushes near Jeff Winger’s parking spot with binoculars. It was just a normal first day back at school and things were looking up. In the study room sat Annie and Abed, waiting for their friends. The summer had gone by with them not talking to one another, just so they could do the obligatory ‘how was your summer’ spiel on the first day. Abed was discussing about Inspector Spacetime and how it was getting a movie while Annie was pretending to listen. Things picked up, however, when Shirley and Britta entered the room. Annie got up to hug them. “How was your summer?” “It was great! I went to Taiwan to help with the less fortunate,” Britta said proudly, holding up a picture of her and a poor orphan boy. Shirley gave the young blonde a concerned look as she looked at the distinct difference in the picture; most notably, the big purse and sunglasses she had sporting on her.

“Well, Andre and I reconnected again. We had a nice week without the kids in Hawaii and it was very nice. I think we’re going to make it work this time,” Shirley chirped as Britta and Annie just looked at each other, not saying a word. They both knew Andre and Shirley would not work out, but they didn’t want to hurt their friend. It wasn’t long before the final members, Jeff and Troy, came in and they all embraced one another (Annie and Jeff a bit longer than the others because of some unresolved sexual tension that has seriously been brewing since the first week of school, like really?) and Abed and Troy doing their infamous handshake. They all sat down in their respective seats, but glanced at the missing person. “I still miss Pierce. It’s weird, because he was so racist and homophobic and mean, but he really did grow on me,” Shirley admitted. Jeff rolled his eyes as he leaned back in his chair. “Please, you don’t miss him. He sexually harassed you for years. I certainly haven’t missed his racial slurs and calling me gay twenty times a day,” Jeff boasted, even though deep down he did miss Pierce too. “Come on guys, he’s been gone for almost a year. It’s ok to say that you still miss him,” Annie stated. Britta shrugged as she crossed her arms. “We really need to fill up his space. It does feel weird still with just the six of us. But hey, at least Troy’s back from his year long expedition! We’ve missed you,” Britta said, looking at her ex boyfriend, and it’s a wonder how they stayed dating for so long but whatever, the author is just going to accept that season 4 was a weird time for everyone.

Suddenly, the loud, booming voice of Craig Pelton echoed through the halls. “Happy First Day back everyone!” the dean said, walking in wearing a drink costume. Jeff frowned as he turned in his chair. “Why are you dressed like a fast food drink?” he asked. Dean Pelton just grinned as he spun around in it. “I am glad you asked, Jeffrey. By the way, you are looking exceptionally delicious today. Want to be the sandwich to my drink?” he asked as Jeff groaned, feeling disgusted. “Well, today happens to be a Thursday, which is a really weird day to start school on but the board moved it here so I can’t argue with them. And Thursday sounds like Thirstday, and we are opening up a new smoothie bar so therefore, Thirsty Thursday!” he explained, twirling around again. “How…creative,” Britta muttered sarcastically. “I thought so too!” Dean Pelton said before touching Jeff’s arm and then disappearing.

Jeff shook off the creepy feeling he had and turned back to the group. “Ok, so back to whatever we were talking about…” “So, what class are we all going to be taking this year?” Annie interrupted. Jeff took a look at Annie curiously for a second before Abed answered. “I was thinking we all take a film class. We have been in this school for five seasons now and we have alternated between science and history and anthropology and Spanish, which none of them were our strong suits. For the sake of the story, we should mix things up and take something that some of us are good at. The story needs progress and the audience likes change.” “Abed, for the last time, we are not starring on a television show!” Jeff exclaimed. “You’re right. Besides, you’re a teacher so you can’t take a class with us. I suggest we all take Jeff’s law class so we can keep up with the continuity and the thing that people like the most about us,” Abed suggested.  Before Jeff could even protest and explain what a horrible idea that was, there was a chorus of “Dude, what an excellent idea!” and “is the class full so I can sign up?”
Jeff sighed, knowing it was impossible to change their minds and just sat there, head in hand.

Meanwhile, Deep in the Darkness of Metal and Missing Pens

There was a low rumbling in the vents of Greendale as movement was made within them. A small Chinese man was moving around, past the study room and cackling to himself. “Oh yes, this is perfect. Jeff Winger and his group of friends are still here and I can finally destroy them, even though I had to issues with them in previous seasons! I want them out of this school so I can run it and people fill finally love me!” he cackled loudly, the echoes bouncing off the walls. A slow clap sounded and he turned to see who it was, startled by the presence of a long dead man. “Yes, because that’ll be an easy thing to do, you Asian. What are you going to do? What is your brilliant plan?” Pierce Hawthorne asked, sitting in the vents. “You’re…you’re dead!” he cried out. Pierce shrugged. “I faked it. Nobody knows how to fake a death nowadays so I had to prove it to them. They seem to be fine without me and that pisses me off. I’ll gladly help take them all down, but you need to have a plan,” he said as he passed Chang a thing of Hawthorne Wipes. Chang took it, looking at the wipes in his hand before smiling evilly. “Yes, a former member coming to take down his group of Misfit Toys? How perfect! Now, laugh with me!” he said as he cackled loudly. Pierce just shook his head. “Asians,” he muttered before crawling away.

Enrolled:

1. Machiabelly
2. The Crazed Spruce
3. stacey
4. Athena
5. egavasc
6. BizBuzz
7. TJtrack99
8. Lisin
9. JayKay
10. Silverstormm
11. TMunz
12. Dougal
13. photo fox

It's not the official, official list, in case there are last minute sign ups but do remember if anyone does want to sign up, you have, like, 30 minutes left. Then I'll send out PM's in the next hour or two. 

Edited by jessied112
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ha! Love the meta, jessie! Though I did take the "Which Greendale student are you?" quiz and naturally got Abed, so of course I would say that ;-)

Oh that is awesome. I just took a Buzzfeed quiz on Which character I am...I got Fat Neil....random, but strangely accurate!

Edited by jessied112
  • Love 1

So...I might be having some fun writing your PM's...they may...or may not...include gifs of your characters....and detailed descriptions for people who do not watch Community.... I'm not sure who does or does not watch Community, except for a small few of you, so whoever doesn't, have fun with your PMs. The ones that do, have fun with your PMs.

Here you go, Machia!

I'll send the PMs out in waves.

• Love 2

So...I might be having some fun writing your PM's...they may...or may not...include gifs of your characters....and detailed descriptions for people who do not watch Community.... I'm not sure who does or does not watch Community, except for a small few of you, so whoever doesn't, have fun with your PMs. The ones that do, have fun with your PMs.

Here you go, Machia!

I'll send the PMs out in waves.

FYI, I don't watch Community :)

• Love 1

Almost done sending out the PMs. I have two more to send out and then I'll get day 1 story up tonight. I'm just going to take a small break and the last two PMs should be out within the next hour or so. So don't panic if you haven't gotten yours yet! 

....I also may have gone overboard on some of the PMs...sorry in advance.

• Love 4

Also, I ship Jannie hardcore, so I loved the meta in your story.

I'm glad you laughed! I ship them so hard, I might have....spent about half my PM to the Annie player describing my love for Annie and Jeff in almost full detail. Then I had to stop myself and deleted half of it.

Trust me; I can guarantee there will be plenty of Jannie to go around. And Troy and ABED IN THE MORNING. 

One last PM and then I'll get the story up. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Episode One: Hello, My Name Is…

Act One: Suits is Law

To his dismay, Jeff found himself that very afternoon staring into the eyes of thirty students, five of them who were incredibly familiar. Annie sat up at the front, hands clasped together on the desk; Shirley and Britta sat together two rows back, whispering about something, and Troy and Abed sat at the back, looking at something on Troy’s phone. It made him very nervous that they were all there, not that he’d ever admit it. He kept his gaze on the clock at the back of the wall.

“Ok, law, and stuff….let’s begin. Open your textbooks to-“ Jeff started before Annie’s dainty hand swiped up at the air. Jeff let out a sigh before turning to his sexual tension partner. “What is it?” he said, flashbacks of her in his last class coming back. She didn’t stop bothering him the entire time. “Yes, when is the first test?” she asked. Of course, Annie would ask that. Jeff leaned on back of his desk, and turned to answer her but unfortunately, his line of sight was directly at Annie’s upper thigh and of course, she always wore skirts so that didn’t bare well for Jeff. It took him almost a full minute to come up with an answer, once he stopped staring and he moved behind his desk to hide the little problem that was forming. “We’ll get to that next class. Any other questions?” he asked. It was almost completely silent and Jeff overlooked Fat Neil’s hand raised in the air. Suddenly, the door to the classroom burst open and in walked Pierce Hawthorne, stopping everyone in their discussions as they turned to look at the dead man walking.

“Don’t stop the teaching on my account, Jeffrey. I’m just here, ready to learn and keep my mouth shut,” Pierce said, his mouth curling up into a smile. He walked up to Jeff, handing him a slip of paper before strolling down the aisle. He then turned back to Jeff. “Or I’m here to destroy you,” he said ominously. He turned back, walked a bit farther, then back to Jeff. “Just kidding…or am I?” he said as he took his seat next to Vicki, who scooted out of the way and sat next to Neil. Everyone’s mouths were still hanging open like fish. Pierce said nothing else though and the whole class just ended up looking at Pierce, who continued to smile like the Joker.

Act Two: The Red Hallway After Class

People moved out of the way as Pierce walked down the hallway, head held high. Jeff was the one elected to run after him, so he did. He caught up to his dead friend and stopped him in his tracks. “You’re supposed to be dead,” he said. Pierce shrugged. “Well, now I’m not. Have you guys ever heard of faking a death? Besides, you guys seem to be doing fine without me so I had no reason to return,” he said. Jeff shook his head, still surprised. “We thought you were dead! It’s not like you took a trip around the world, like Troy-“ he started before Pierce muttered under his breath, “Damn, kid went on the trip after all.” Pierce just stared at Jeff. “Well, guys what? I’m alive now, and know you moved on pretty quickly. I had spy cams all inserted into your eyes while you were asleep,” he said. Jeff, wide eyed, touched both of his eyes, groaning as he felt pain. “I’m kidding again. But I did insert cameras all around your houses and the school and your cars, so I know how fast you moved on. And now you’ll pay. I’ll get you when you least expect it,” Pierce said as he began to cackle manically but had to stop once he began a coughing fit. Jeff just walked away to let him deal with it.

Act Two point Five: The Study Room of Lost Souls

“This is just like that television show where the dude comes back from the dead. Totally different from that arc with the female coming back from the dead and then dying once more. This is so cool,” Abed said to Troy, who was shuffling in his chair. “Dude, he says that he’s going to make us pay. I already took his boat away. What is he going to do to me? I shouldn’t have gone,” Troy said as he got up and ran out of the room in complete tears. Abed watched his friend go before turning to the rest of the group. “There are lots of films about revenge. There is even a TV show centered around revenge, although it’s not as good as it could be-“ “Abed, stop! Please! Pierce is alive and he’s angry at us. What do you think he’ll do?” Shirley exclaimed, clutching her necklace.  Britta shook her head as she set down her chips. “I don’t know-“

“He could kidnap one of us, like that one movie. He could poison us like-“ “He could eat us all!” “He’s really angry and we wouldn’t like him when he’s angry…” “He could Aikido us to death-“

“Ok, stop!” Jeff shouted, silencing all the ideas. They all turned to look at Jeff and he opened his mouth to prepare for a speech. Everyone began to listen intently, because that’s what everyone did for the infamous Winger speech. “Pierce is not going to do anything to us. At least, not yet. We just need to talk to him and tell him that we’ve missed him or whatever and he’ll forgive us. It’ll all be fine, now stop panicking,” he said before the doors opened and a tiny little ball rolled in and exploded near Britta. She shrieked, practically flying over the table into Annie’s arms. Abed just got up and looked down at the ball as a pungeant smell filled the air. “Stink gas. Eww,” Annie cried out as she held on to Britta. “Oh no, that’s a smell that’ll take forever to get out of here,” Shirley said worriedly. Jeff ran out of the room, screaming about how he had a date that night while Abed picked up the note that was attached to the ball.

“Haha, the study room smells like farts and lesbians. Bet you need those Hawthorne Wipes now, right? Love, Pierce. But not in a gay way. I’d never mean it in a gay way,” Abed read. He paused for a moment. “I guess he really hasn’t changed and has reverted back to his season 2 ways.”

Enrolled:
1. Machiabelly
2. The Crazed Spruce
3. stacey
4. Athena
5. egavasc
6. BizBuzz
7. TJtrack99
8. Lisin
9. JayKay
10. Silverstormm
11. TMunz
12. Dougal
13. photo fox

Ok, so Episode 1 is half over. When it's just episode 1, episode 2, episode 3, etc it's a day. When it's episode 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, it's night. I'm trying to be different people, give me some credit!

Also, there's two clues in this story....plus a bonus clue. I'll let you guys ponder on what that means.

*rolls away* *rolls back in*

Right, I'll give you 24 hours for discussion.  Obviously I'll extend it if there's a lynching going on, but I feel like that's unlikely so...

*rolls back out*

Edited by jessied112
  • Love 6

Hmm. Okay here is what stands out to me;

"who continued to smile like the Joker."

"Act Two: The Red Hallway After Class" - The Red Hallway? Like the Red Wedding?

"and stopped him in his tracks" - points towards @TJtrack99

"“He could Aikido us to death-“" reference to Steven Seagal? Who would that point to?

That's on my first read....

• Love 1

Abed had a bunch more pop culture references:

“This is just like that television show where the dude comes back from the dead. Totally different from that arc with the female coming back from the dead and then dying once more." – not sure what these are

“Dude, he says that he’s going to make us pay. I already took his boat away. What is he going to do to me? I shouldn’t have gone,” – I don't know if the rhyming here is intentional, but now that I've looked at it a few times it seems like it might be a reference to some song lyrics or something. I dunno, probably not.

“There are lots of films about revenge. There is even a TV show centered around revenge, although it’s not as good as it could be-“ – Revenge, obviously.

And the act titles: not sure about "Suits is Law". "Red Hallway" might be the Red Wedding, maybe. "Study Room of Lost Souls" is probably the Island of Lost Souls.

• Love 1

Ooh! Steamy Jannie scenes! :-)

The only thing with The Joker is crazy...crazed spruce, and also Akido is a martial art where you bend like tree branch. But I am grasping and don't think targetting someone this early is normally done.

Only if it's Spruce. Poor guy!

I see a bunch of things that could maybe be clues? But nothing definite.

Red Hallway > Red Wedding > Game of Thrones > Silverstormm?

Pierce reverting to season 2 > backwards > egavasc?

Revenge > Emily Thorn > prickly plants > The Crazed Spruce?

Dead man walking > nuns > stacey, who works with nuns?

Okay, now I'm just going in circles. lol

• Love 1

Oh gosh, I will be so happy when there is a game where I know the characters.  ::giggle::

I got nothing that hasn't already been said (the whole Red Hallway thing got me thinking about Red Wedding/GoT/SS too @photo fox ) ... so I am thinking I might just sit back for the first day, have a few drinks and wait for my Mom to call with some need she has.

Here's the wiki for those interested in reading up on the show/characters.

First off, I was a Villain last game but I'm back to being a Hero this time, the hero you all deserve. As for possible clues:

-"Act One: Suits is Law" - seems oddly phrased doesn't it?

-I wonder what's on the slip of paper Pierce handed Jeff.

-"so that didn’t bare well for Jeff" - is this the right bare/bear? Though I can see why Jeff would be thinking about bare things with Annie.......I'll be in my bunk.

-The Joker stuff could be a clue. Or it's just saying Pierce is grinning a lot.

-Don't remember if we know that there's a red hallway at Greendale or not. Possible GoT reference (I don't watch it though).

-“Well, guys what?" - probably just a typo

-It's possible there's a clue in all of Abed's references. Or it could just be him being Abed. I'll need to find a quiet room and think on that for a while.

-“He’s really angry and we wouldn’t like him when he’s angry…” - this reference I'm pretty sure is about The Hulk/Bruce Banner, whose initials are BB (sorry if I'm wrong, Biz!)

That's all I've got for now. Cool?

• Love 2

The only thing with The Joker is crazy...crazed spruce, and also Akido is a martial art where you bend like tree branch. But I am grasping and don't think targetting someone this early is normally done.

Machiabelly is one of us, pointing fingers at Spruce after the first story!

• Love 4