Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't gotten my Loot Crate yet. Haven't had the chance to check the mail since about noon yesterday, and it wasn't in yet. And since I've gotta work a 12-hour graveyard shift on Sunday, I kinda doubt I'll get the chance to hit the post office on Monday, either.

Two of the YouTube channels I subscribe to do unboxing videos, and from the screen grab from one of 'em, I know about the Batman thing and that there's a poster, and I already knew there was a book, so I'm not really spoilered. Yet.

• Love 2

Haven't gotten my Loot Crate yet.

Nor have I.  Wondering whether or not I need to do a video now.  Still might.  I'm kinda liking doing it.

But thanks for the vagueness as I am also relatively unspoiled.  I'm not subscribed to any YouTube channels that do regualr unboxings, so I have to search for them.  And I wait to do that until after my crate arrives when possible.

I know about the existence of the book (a hardcover, which is a first for Loot Crate), but not the story contained therein.  I also knew there was at least one DC thing, which is likely the Batman thing to which you all refer.  I was not aware of the poster, but having one is not a surprise as it makes sense to have something lightweight like a poster as a counter-balance to the book.  Sounds like it's a good one, what with all the yoinking going on.

Khaleesi thieved that poster from me so fast... catlike reflexes.

Surely you mean draconic reflexes....

• Love 2

Do one anyway, SVNBob... if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't know what half the stuff in the box was.  (No, I can't just read the book that comes with it.)

TPB Mafia Mod Announcement

Our apologies, the story will take a little bit longer than anticipated as our chief cook and bottle washer (read the genius behind this mafia game) is under the weather.  Carry on with the drinking, and the uncrating videos.  ::giggle::

• Love 1

Our apologies, the story will take a little bit longer than anticipated as our chief cook and bottle washer (read the genius behind this mafia game) is under the weather.  Carry on with the drinking, and the uncrating videos.  ::giggle::

Gee, if you insist....

Khaleesi thieved that poster from me so fast... catlike reflexes.

Now that I've actually seen the poster, I don't blame her. :)
  • Love 7

Hey... you used a different knife to open the boxes for the 2 uncratings. I liked the antler handled one better.

I receive emails for Loot Crate though I haven't signed up for it, August's Loot Crate is apparently going to be

Villains

which I may sign up for.

• Love 2

Carry on with the drinking, and the uncrating videos.  ::giggle::

Gee, if you insist....

Yeah, twist my arm, why don't you...

And it looks like I was right; these do go together well:

20150729_052550.jpg

• Love 3

I didn't film the unboxing of my new Bluray player yesterday, unfortunately.  But I am more than happy to keep drinking... I have another week of vacation to go!

(Apologies to anyone who mistakenly thought this post indicated that something had happened.)

• Love 9

TPB Mafia Announcement

Guess what?  Life has finally settled enough that the Night 7 story will be posted sometime today!

Save your tomatoes for salads ...

::giggle:: 

• Love 5

Night 7

Pest Control

Fezzik was worried; he hadn’t heard from Inigo in over a week and he had no idea whether all had gone to plan or not.
Inigo had promised to keep in touch and Fezzik knew that he wouldn’t leave him to worry without good reason. He paced around the room again and again unable to reach a decision about what he should do, whilst wringing his hands in frustration and concern. Finally he thought he would go ask Princess Buttercup if any letters had arrived for him in the last hour.

"I'm sorry Fezzik no letters have arrived since you last asked me 30 minutes ago" Princess Buttercup informed him.

Fezzik looked despondently at the floor as his heart sank, "I'm sorry, I’m just really worried about Inigo" he glumly told the Princess.

"Why don’t you go ask around and see if you can find out anything?" Buttercup suggested.

"But Princess, Inigo said I had to stay by your side to protect you" Fezzik began.

"There’s no point in protecting me if Inigo doesn’t bring my Westley back" Buttercup sadly replied.

"Maybe you're right...I suppose I could just go ask around and find out if anybody knows anything" Fezzik thought aloud.

"I wish you luck, let me know if there's anything I can do to help" Buttercup smiled weakly.

"Thank you Princess, you think good just like Inigo" Fezzik bowed as he left the room.

He strolled through the marketplace for a while before deciding to head for the Thieves Forest. Stopping off at the tavern on the way to the forest, he ordered a mug of ale and went and sat down in turn at various tables, asking the patrons for any news of Inigo but nobody seemed to have heard anything. As he sat down at yet another table he asked the same question of the two old men drinking there, "What'd he look like, this friend of yours?" one of the old men slurred.

"He’s got dark brown curly hair, he a real good sword fighter, oh and he sounds different to us, he Spanish" Fezzik informed them.

"If you’re looking for him, you may as well forget it chum" a voice shouted over from the rowdy table next to them. Fezzik turned and took in a table of rough looking men.

"Have you seen him?" Fezzik asked hopefully.

"Yeah, we seen him alright" the ruffian chuckled.

Fezzik stood up "Where was this? When?" he implored as he towered over the table of men.

A mean, bald headed man with a fresh scar on his face laughed, "He was running into the Fireswamp with his tail between his legs last I saw him, ohh must have been about a week or so ago”.

Fezzik’s face darkened. Unnoticed by scarface he continued; "A coward, plain as day". "Shelby, cool it" one of his companions warned him, noticing Fezzik’s stormy expression.

Fezzik leaned in menacingly towards the scarred man, "Inigo is no coward and anyone that says he is can come and fight me now" Fezzik growled. The man shrank back under Fezzik’s thunderous glare.

Stepping back into the daylight as he left the tavern, Fezzik strode off in the direction of the Fireswamp. He was concerned; he knew Inigo wouldn’t have entered that place alone unless there was a dire reason. As he reached the outermost edge of the uninviting Fireswamp, he paused briefly wondering whether he should let the Princess know but quickly brushed the thought away, and headed into the gloominess. For his size and strength, Fezzik still found his current surroundings intimidating; its strange eeriness was unnerving, no birds sang, and only weak sunlight filtered here and there through the canopy of darkness overhead. When combined with the odd-looking fauna and unfamiliar noises emanating from places all around, it served to set Fezzik on edge.

He walked steadily as his eyes scanned ahead for any sign that Inigo had been there before him. Hearing a faint popping noise in the distance Fezzik turned his head toward the sound and saw the flames shoot into the air, which caused him to step back in surprise. His foot sank into a patch of lightning sand up to his calf before he managed to extract it through sheer strength alone. His heart beating fast; he sat on a rock to remove the sand from his boot. Just as he sighed and thought, Where are you Inigo? I don’t like this place; he felt something hit him on his back. Shocked, he turned to see what had made contact and the sight of a slightly dazed R.O.U.S, lying on its side, greeted him. He quickly emptied the sand from his boot and replaced it on his foot. He stood and stepped over the creature, pitying its folly, as he continued his search for his best friend.

As he ventured deeper into the swampy surroundings there was still no sign of Inigo, but he began to notice pairs of black beady eyes watching him from behind the cover of rocks or up on ledges above him, out of reach. Fezzik walked more warily now, keeping an eye out for lightning sand as well as any signs of a struggle. He was so focused on the ground that he didn’t notice the 2 ROUS’s in front of him until he almost was upon them. “Shoo! Shoo!” he warned, not wishing to harm the creatures, which had stopped their foraging and were looking directly at him. “I don’t want to harm either of you” he told them sincerely. Both long snouts twitched in unison as they caught his scent; suddenly Fezzik felt a weight drop onto his shoulders as a ROUS, that had been watching from a rocky ledge above him, pounced. He immediately reached up and grasped the furry body, intending to fling it away. But one of the others in front of him took advantage of Fezzik’s distraction; it shot forward and sunk its teeth into his ankle. He cried out in anger and kicked out his leg with enough force to dislodge the beast. The second ROUS was stalking nearby and preparing to pounce. Fezzik used the ROUS that had dropped onto his shoulder as a club and smacked the one getting ready to pounce, killing them both. He turned to see the last ROUS limping away but he wasn’t about to leave the creature alive to attack anyone else. He strode over and grabbed the scaly tail; hoisting the squealing beast into the air, he struck it with a mighty blow to the head causing instantaneous death. Fezzik dropped the limp body to the floor and looked around for any other danger which could be lurking. Seeing nothing he simply shrugged and continued following the in the wake of his best friend.

Still Living Happily Ever After:

1. Oinky Boinky
2. Athena
6. stacey
8. Drogo
9. Lady Calypso
14. SVNBob
16. aquarian1
18. CuriousParker replaced by Jesse

The Mostly ALL Dead:

Jesse – Yellin, Neutral, Recruitable.
You are the leader of The Brute Squad, neither a Hero or Villain unless recruited, until then you may choose to assist the heroes or villains as you see fit. You deal with outlaws and ruffians without mercy as instructed by your superiors. If recruited you will endeavour for your side to win.

Hanged Man – The King, A Hero, Mason with The Queen.
You are an old but kind man, slowly becoming senile, deaf, and difficult to understand… however, you are still King of Florin. Due to your ailing health, you’ve relinquished all but a few of the ruling duties to your son Prince Humperdinck, who has let the power go to his head and now looks to your neighbouring countries with greedy eyes. You have a soft spot in your heart for Buttercup because she once kissed you. Together with The Queen, you form a mason pair and may communicate outside the game thread.

CuriousParker – removed from the game upon request replaced by Jesse.

TMunz - A Florin peasant, a Hero.
One of Florin’s underclass, you’re nothing special (except in that trite “but everyone’s special” kinda way) and you’re none too clean, but you love your country and royal weddings. And food. Of any kind. You’re really not fussy.  You have no powers in this game.

Machiabelly - Westley, a Hero Investigator of sorts.
You are a brave man who left Buttercup to seek your fortune. Later reportedly murdered by the Dread Pirate Roberts, you in fact spent the time away learning everything the world could teach you, with the sole focus of returning to your beloved. Upon your return, you are disguised as the Man in Black, and intent on rescuing Buttercup from the clutches of Prince Humperdinck and any other threat. Because you are only searching for your true love Princess Buttercup, you may enquire of 1 player each night; "Is this my beloved Buttercup?" You will receive one of the following responses: Yes, No or No Result. If/when you do find her you will become a mason pair. Beware! Prince Humperdinck’s henchman searches for you, should he find you Humperdinck would have you tortured, at which time he will ask you(via the game mods) 3 questions, which you must answer truthfully. Find Buttercup fast, there is strength in numbers...

Lisin - Count Rugen, a Villain Protector.
Prince Humperdinck's right-hand man, you are a sadist and wannabe author, torture and pain being your special area of study. In fact, you have designed a diabolical machine to help you in your quest to learn everything there is to know about the maximum amount of pain a person can bear, as you believe these findings will be your legacy. Your biggest mistake in life was to murder Inigo Montoya's father... it has lead to his life long crusade to seek you out and make you more than a little bit dead. It’s not easy for you to hide your identity, as you are a unique man who has 6 fingers on his right hand.
As a Protector, you must choose a different player to protect each night. If Westley is handed over to you, you will torture him; you will be able to ask him 3 questions (via the game mods), which he must answer truthfully, he then automatically becomes your team's nightkill that night.

MarkHB - Vizzini, a Villain Investigator.
Owing to your brilliance, there is no doubt in your mind that you are the world’s #1 criminal genius. Being short of stature and also of temper due to your Sicilian blood, you sometimes misuse words in frustration if your plans are thwarted. A smug, ruthless man, you cannot refuse a battle of wits, even to the death, as you know you shall always win.
As an investigator, each night you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mods. Should you find Westley you will hand him over to Prince Humperdinck for questioning. You will get results back in the form of Name & alignment or No Result.

Dougal - Valerie, a Hero.
Although professed to be one by your husband Miracle Max, you are in fact, not a witch. You merely impersonate one; because all Miracle Men must have a witch assistant. You are indeed, the woman behind the man. You have stood by this man ... even though his confidence has been shattered since being fired by Prince Humperdinck. You know the greatest gift in life is to possess true love. You are a vanilla hero, however, IF certain pre-defined conditions are met, you have a dormant power that will be activated.

caprice - The Queen, A Hero, Mason with The King.
You are The Queen, a Hero and mason with The King. As the kind but elderly queen of Florin and Humperdinck's stepmother you have no real power in the land, and are content to while away your days with other noblewomen in ladylike pursuits such as sewing, flower arranging and gossiping. Together with Hanged Man, The King, you form a mason pair and may communicate outside the thread.

The Crazed Spruce - Prince Humperdinck, Head Villain.
The heir to the Florinese throne. You are an insecure and self-absorbed man who thinks of nothing other than pursuing your own interests. War and tracking/hunting animals are your primary focus, and you are good at it. Knowing that you have to marry because your father is dying, you set out to find a beautiful bride, however, you have sinister plans of murdering her on your wedding night and blaming Guilder so that you can declare war on them.
Each night you & your team may choose 1 player to kill. If your investigator finds Westley he will hand him over to you for questioning, by Count Rugen. Your team will win only when all who stand against you are dead.

Tjtrack99 - Inigo Montoya, A Hero, 1 Kill Vigilante & Limited Investigator.
You have devoted your life to learning the sword in order to avenge your father's death at the hands of the six-fingered man. Ultimately becoming a wizard, the highest ranked swordsman in the world and an extremely skilled and dangerous man. Having achieved this but still not having found the six-fingered man; you lapsed into depression and alcoholism, and came out of it only when Vizzini recruited you.
Whilst the six-fingered man lives, with a 1 Kill vigilante power in your pocket, each night you may ask of 1 player "Does s/he have six fingers on their right hand?" You will receive one of the following responses: Yes, No or No Result. If/when you do find him, you may use your 1 kill vigilante power to kill him that night. Should the six-fingered man be killed by other means, you may then use your vigilante 1 kill elsewhere.

egavasc - a Rodent Of Unusual Size (ROUS) and a Serial Killer.

You are a mutant rodent, eating everything in your path, animal, vegetable or human.  When you smell blood you attack; you are a vicious, slimy presence dwelling in the Fireswamp, and make survival almost impossible for anyone who foolishly wanders in.

As a Serial Killer, on each even numbered night you may choose 1 player to kill. You may only choose to kill from those players who have not posted at all in the preceding day, if everyone posts, then you will be able to choose from all players. Please contact us if you are unsure who your potential victims are on any night that your urge to kill is eligible. Because you have this restriction upon you, you will be immune from all investigations for the first 3 nights. You will only win when all other players are dead.

Night is official ... you have 24 hours-ish from now to turn in your night actions.

There is one clue in this story.

Mod Note: Apologies for the delay. Normal service has now resumed, thanks for your patience.

• Love 6

Fezzik used the ROUS that had dropped onto his shoulder as a club and smacked the one getting ready to pounce, killing them both. He turned to see the last ROUS limping away but he wasn’t about to leave the creature alive to attack anyone else. He strode over and grabbed the scaly tail; hoisting the squealing beast into the air, he struck it with a mighty blow to the head causing instantaneous death. Fezzik dropped the limp body to the floor and looked around for any other danger which could be lurking.

applause-gif-audience-public-applaudisse

Drinks, drinks, drinks!

• Love 6

egavasc - a Rodent Of Unusual Size (ROUS) and a Serial Killer.

You are a mutant rodent, eating everything in your path, animal, vegetable or human.  When you smell blood you attack; you are a vicious, slimy presence dwelling in the Fireswamp, and make survival almost impossible for anyone who foolishly wanders in.

Hmm. Does this explain why @egavasc continues to wear that thing on her head in her avatar image?

Asking for a friend... ;)

• Love 6