Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E11: Roll of the Dice

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I spent the whole episode saying, "Shut up, coaches!"  That BS ruins the show for me.

Agreed. A little of that goes a long way; a lot of it ruins the show.

I am continuously amazed at what they do with the flash challenges. Who thinks these things up, and do they attempt the challenge first before assigning it to the tattooers? I agree Jason's was the best. The girl who did the alien is looking like a 1 trick pony so unless she take's Chris' comment to heart, she may be going home with her next alien. Since this challenge was about detail I did agree both women in the bottom had much less detail than Cam even though his lion mouth was wonky. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

I am continuously amazed at what they do with the flash challenges.  

Not only at the concept--but I am often amazed at the execution. To see what these artists can make out of dice, thumbtacks, tape, ice, etc. is nothing short of amazing and reminds you just how talented they really are. 

With that said, I still long for the days of tattoo based flash challenges. 

2 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

Since this challenge was about detail I did agree both women in the bottom had much less detail than Cam even though his lion mouth was wonky. 

I agree with this. Cam's lion had the most flaws out of the 3 hands down. But the tattoo he did was a much higher skill tattoo than either of the women and showed way more detail--even if all of it wasn't perfect. I agree with the Janelle elimination because while her tattoo was cute, it had a bit of a remedial feel to it. Not doing anything that resembled fur texture on a cat tattoo on "detail" day is a real issue. 

• Love 4

I spent the whole episode saying, "Shut up, coaches!"  That BS ruins the show for me.

Agreed. A little of that goes a long way; a lot of it ruins the show.

Yeah, waaaaaay too much trash talking, period.  From the coaches and the contestants.  I watch career based reality shows like this because I want to see talented people doing what they do.  I don't watch it to hear a bunch of cocky assholes tearing each other apart and talking like they are the best thing since sliced bread even when they fail miserably.

I really wanted Cam to go, mainly because I'm so sick and tired of hearing him.  His lion was way too big, totally agree on that.  I didn't like Jason's tattoo as much as the judges did.  It might have been my screen, but the legs and talons looked muddy and hard to read.

I am continuously amazed at what they do with the flash challenges. Who thinks these things up, and do they attempt the challenge first before assigning it to the tattooers?

Yeah, I'm amazed by that, too.  I found myself wondering if they tell the coaches what the challenge will be ahead of time so they can think through a few strategies.  Probably not, though.

Anyway, in summary, the teams, coaches and 90% of the loft time need to go.  The show will improve immensely if they do.

• Love 6

Yeah, I was so glad to see Nikki, since I watch Ink Angels and she had to leave that show for, I think, illness. But not long into the show, I was sick of both coaches. And I love seeing the actual mentoring, so I'm glad there are coaches. I just wish they'd stick to coaching and stop or cut way back on the trash talk.  

• Love 4

Josh or whatever the male coach’s name is was creeping me out. I swear every other sentence was either to or about Pon. I’m sure Pon heard “Hey Po~nnn..” more in that brief time than he did his whole life beforehand.

5 hours ago, Darian said:

Yeah, I was so glad to see Nikki, since I watch Ink Angels and she had to leave that show for, I think, illness. But not long into the show, I was sick of both coaches. And I love seeing the actual mentoring, so I'm glad there are coaches. I just wish they'd stick to coaching and stop or cut way back on the trash talk.  

Gia was the one that had to leave Angels for health reasons.

Edited by MuMuGuy
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, MuMuGuy said:

Gia was the one that had to leave Angels for health reasons.

Oh, thank you! I have a terrible memory so I usually check myself, but I was sure it was her. Now I have to go check to see if Gia's ok. I think, and feel free to correct me if you know, that Nikki missed an episode or two, and I mixed it up. Could be wrong about that, too. Either way, Nikki and the male coach pretty much ruined the episode for me. To be fair, they had help, but I grit my teeth through that stuff to be able to see the artists working and the tattoos they create. I love that! 

19 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

I am continuously amazed at what they do with the flash challenges. Who thinks these things up, and do they attempt the challenge first before assigning it to the tattooers?

I was totally amazed with the end products that both teams produced, they were outstanding.

The judging on the other hand.  It is detail day, I actually like the women's piece better than the men's but on detail day the men's should have won because it had more detail.

And then I agree that Janelle should have gone home, but why did the judging suddenly come down to technical application?  If they had said Janelle you were successful in the cover up but your tattoo lacks detail, there is no fur texture, then I would have been happy.  But to decide it on technical application when it is not technical application day makes no sense.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, dstann said:

why did the judging suddenly come down to technical application?  If they had said Janelle you were successful in the cover up but your tattoo lacks detail, there is no fur texture, then I would have been happy.  But to decide it on technical application when it is not technical application day makes no sense.

This is one of the biggest things that drive me nuts, they use whatever criteria they want to praise/talk bad about any tattoo no matter what "day" it is and it is all done after the tattoos (or flash challenge) are finished all of a sudden they are judging on 'readability' or in that flash challenge that still bothers me where AFTER the armor challenge was over they then decided that "this one looks better from a distance which is what we're basing this on". Drives me nuts. It's all arbitrary. We even had an unfinished tattoo win the day and then the next go home for it. I'm still waiting for the "bold choice" of someone winning color realism day by going with a black and grey tattoo instead.

• Love 9
On 8/22/2019 at 2:21 AM, dstann said:

why did the judging suddenly come down to technical application? 

Because if it had come down to anything else, they’d have been forced to admit that Cam should have gone home. That’s at least the second time this season in which judging criteria has suddenly changed and said change resulted a member of the men’s team staying around when his was anatomically jacked up; see Ash’s departure on the week that Jason made that helmet thing that could not have physically existed.

Anatomy mistakes like those on Jason’s helmet and Cam’s lion would not have been excused had there not been some stupid need to keep the teams balanced/stop the women from winning too many/keep Cam around. The standard reality show crap is becoming more and more obvious with each passing episode.

• Love 4

Is nobody going to comment on Nikki’s lips? She looked like she was having an allergic reaction. She needs to sue the plastic surgeon who did that to her.

Also, did anybody else catch the ad for the new series? I should have known that they would find a way to bring Cleen back.

On 8/27/2019 at 4:10 AM, Psychobunny said:

I should have known that they would find a way to bring Cleen back.

Ugh... but I didn't see the ad.

I guess I'm getting used to everyone on reality tv having pumped up lips that I didn't really notice Nikki's.

• Love 1

I'm a couple eps behind and catching up and WOW in this episode, I was reminded why I hated Nikki so much her season. Christ, does she have an off switch?

I'm also pissed Oli changed his vote to Janelle after being VERY solid on Cam being the worst. What, do those two just not want Dave to be the deciding vote?

• Love 4
On 9/12/2019 at 1:49 AM, Princess Sparkle said:

I'm a couple eps behind and catching up and WOW in this episode, I was reminded why I hated Nikki so much her season. Christ, does she have an off switch?

I'm also pissed Oli changed his vote to Janelle after being VERY solid on Cam being the worst. What, do those two just not want Dave to be the deciding vote?

I don´t remember hating her when she was on the show but I sure hate her now.

When there isn´t a big difference in the technical abilities of the tattooers I want the judges to consider who actually followed the challenge more. This week Cam did not do a good cover-up. He is probably better than Janelle overall but not that much better where him not following the brief is disregarded.