Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: The Alpha and the Omega

MarkHB

The future of Krypton is at stake as Seg faces off against his enemy, General Zod, with the help of his allies.

"The Omega"???  OMG no they can't be going there....

SEASON FINALE

Seg & Lyta tag teaming Dru was everything 👏🏾👏🏾 How fitting that they used Black Mercy on him.

Jayna and Dev... I support it.

Lobo is back!

That toast to Kem was lovely. I really liked that moment with all the team.

More thoughts later as I want to re-watch the ep now.

• Love 3
On 8/13/2019 at 8:16 AM, MarkHB said:

"The Omega"???  OMG no they can't be going there....

Oh yes they did! So now Nyssa is on what we think is Rann, but it's overrun by Darkseid;'s parademons.  (I literally exclaimed "Holy shit Thanagarians!" first, but when I went back and looked they weren't wearing the Hawk headgear.)

Lyta and Seg teaming up to take down Zod was awesome, as was the toast to Kem and "Kneel before Kandor!"

Still no word on S3, though.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Oh yes they did! So now Nyssa is on what we think is Rann, but it's overrun by Darkseid;'s parademons.  (I literally exclaimed "Holy shit Thanagarians!" first, but when I went back and looked they weren't wearing the Hawk headgear.)

I have no idea what you're talking about. Time to go to google.

36 minutes ago, theschnauzers said:

There’s a hint about season 3 in the BTS for this episode. The question may be whether SYFY wants to be involved in season three, I sense there are options with various streaming services or even with the CW.

My fear is it goes to the DC Universe service, which I don't have, and probably never will.

I used to wonder when Jack Bauer from 24 would go to the toilet, eat or sleep. I wonder the same thing about these characters. When Nyssa jumped with the zeta-beam all I could think of was, why doesn't she take a little bag with some supplies?she doesn't even know where she will land.

The fight scene between Dru and Lyta/Seg was the best thing of this episode. But where were all the reconditioned Dru worshipers? All the Sagittari present decided to follow Primus Lyta Zod. Wouldn't that be unlikely?

I wouldn't mind Jayna and Dev if Dev hadn't been engaged to Jayna's daughter and sleeping with said daughter's clone a few weeks??/months?? ago.

1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

I found it interesting that Dru's Black Mercy fantasy wasn't just "saving Krypton" but having the love & support of his parents, esp considering how he actually treated both of them. 

Also, the fantasy at the beginning of the episode had the doctor that helped Dru-Zod tame Doomsday and the fantasy at the end of the episode had no one in it but his parents. The show was being extra sneaky trying not to give away the surprise ending. I wonder why Dru-Zod didn't have Black Mercy tendrils up his nose? Where did they find a Black Mercy plant?

10 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Where did they find a Black Mercy plant?

I assume it's the same plant that was on Lyta. I don't think it was destroyed after she yanked it out and off of her body... it was probably preserved somewhere in case they needed to use some of the toxins on Doomsday again. 

12 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Also, the fantasy at the beginning of the episode had the doctor that helped Dru-Zod tame Doomsday and the fantasy at the end of the episode had no one in it but his parents. 

That was well done. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. Time to go to google.

In the comics, Rann and Thanagar had a war.  Thanagar is the homeworld of Hawkman and Hawkgirl and soldiers and police from that planet traditionally wear the Hawk-garb (whether the wings are accoutrements or organic varies with time). So at first I thought the warriors flying overhead were Thanagarian Hawkpeople and they were going that route.  But, the Omega written in blood said Darkseid to me more than Thanagar*, and when I paused that "overhead invaders" shot not only did they not have Hawk-heads, but the wings didn't look birdlike at all. So I am going with "Rann has been invaded from Apokolips and those were his parademons." (If you saw the Justice League movie, those things were parademons.  If you're a Marvel fan, just think that parademons = Chitauri).

13 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Where did they find a Black Mercy plant?

I assumed it was the same one that had been attached to Lyta, recovered from the bloodletting.

* - For those few people who might read this and get the reference, yes, I know the Omega Men also exist, but trying to explain them would keep us here all night.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, opus said:

My fear is it goes to the DC Universe service, which I don't have, and probably never will.

If it leaves SyFy I think you'll be right that it will land on DCU. This show would be in line with what they're doing already.

Good finale. I expect we'll see Zod again, cause why keep him alive otherwise?, but giving him to the Black Mercy is a solid way to hold him until his inevitable return.

I loved seeing Lobo again and I really hope Seg washed his hand asap.

I'm intrigued as to what the parademons flying over Rann will lead to. I'd definitely like to see a live action version of Hawkman that I don't hate on sight but I don't know if they'll bring so many non-Kryptonians with only Nyssa (and maybe Adam) being the connection. Maybe it is the war with Thanagar and it will spill over onto Krypton somehow? No idea but I'm looking forward to it.

• Love 1

Really good finale, lots of great moments throughout. My favorite had to have been Seg and Lyta both kicking the crap out of General Zod, and fittingly sticking him in the Black Mercy that he put Lyta in. "Young man, you are SO grounded! Now go to your dream world and think about what you've done!" I am also really glad that Lyta and Seg are together, they have spent so much time apart or thinking the other one was missing or dead, they deserve a date night. 

I think I can get behind Jayna and Dev, but its always going to be weird that he was in love with her daughter before. Yeah this is my step dad, who is also my ex boyfriend! 

Interesting that, as much as he said otherwise, Zods dream world had his parents by his side, and he had their love and respect. Despite how he treated them and everything he did, he just wanted his parents to approve of him. 

Lobo! It was fun seeing him stop by, and yeah I really hope Seg watched his hands. 

The talk about Kem was really sad and touching, you could really see how heartbroken Seg was. 

Oh snap, we better get a season three, because shit is about to go down! If that Omega sign means what I think it does...

• Love 2

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I've just finished both seasons of Krypton and I thought it was great! Especially Season Two, I'm quite disappointed that this show was cancelled.

Favourite character was easily Jayna Zod. What a force to be reckoned with. And the actress was great.

Braniac was so creepy, especially inside Seg's head.

Loved seeing how all the main characters interacted with each other.

Overall, I thought this was a great show and I think it had a lot of life left.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Quark said:

Overall, I thought this was a great show and I think it had a lot of life left.

Part of me still hopes that we'll see some references to it on Superman & Lois or even Supergirl at some point.