Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Pitch

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, MeLikesTV said:

Oh man...how fun would it be to have a Melrose Place reboot (not that I even remember how it ended). But that show was 🔥 

Edit: Whoops, 5 minutes after posting I realized that they did try a reboot in 2009. I feel bad that I don’t even remember that!

It was cancelled after one season and was even more forgettable than the CW 90210, which did actually manage a 5-season run. It just baffled me so much how they managed to mangle such a simple formula- sexy people living in a cool apartment building doing outrageous stuff. The attempts to tie in the former cast weighed the show down and the new gen characters were too boring to keep any kind of interest.

Can we really hold out any hope for BAG and his wife, the only couple that we are not absolutely sure of at least some level of infidelity?

I'm pretty sure we're being set up for a BAG/Tori Spelling hookup (maybe just a kiss) at some point. Tori's looking at him with a lot of longing, and she's looking at Nate with a lot of annoyance.

Speaking of Brian, I kind of loved his audition scene because that's exactly the type of roles that has-beens/career-not-so-hot-now-people that are older than 35 usually get- the parental figure to the lead protagonist. I'm assuming he was giving a speech to a LGBT teen child a la Jennifer Garner's in Love Simon.

Did "Listen to Your Heart" by Roxette have a significant meaning on the OG 90210? The soundtrack's been so mangled that I can't remember most of it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Did "Listen to Your Heart" by Roxette have a significant meaning on the OG 90210? The soundtrack's been so mangled that I can't remember most of it.

I don't ever remember that song for the original show. I always associate that song with Pretty Woman.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't ever remember that song for the original show. I always associate that song with Pretty Woman.

I don't recall if there was any significance to "Listen to Your Heart" in the OG 90210, but "It Must Have Been Love" was the Roxette song from Pretty Woman. 

I forget so many of the original 90210 songs since I don't think my DVDs have any of the original music.

1 minute ago, Miss Bones said:

I don't recall if there was any significance to "Listen to Your Heart" in the OG 90210, but "It Must Have Been Love" was the Roxette song from Pretty Woman. 

D'OH! You're right. I knew it didn't sound right, but the only other I could remember was their first single, which I KNEW wasn't in the movie!

• Love 1

Well, TBH, I don't think I knew that Roxette was the one that sang "Listen to your Heart" until I read it here!  Probably could have made an educated guess if I was playing music trivia, or something, but I do not think that was part of my knowledge before now.  And I know "It Must Have Been Love" mostly because of Pretty Woman.

5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I always thought the lead singer of Roxette looked like Emily Valentine. (They has the same kind of hair anyway).  🤷🏻‍♀️

Christine is giving off major Pink vibes now, but I can see some of her too. 

• Love 4
On 8/20/2019 at 11:29 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I did an episode guide for the original show in 1999 when it was airing on FX with original music, and attempted to list all the music for the show (not always successfully).  I searched the copy on my computer, and only "Joyride" came up for Roxette.  It was in the season 2 summer episode "Pass/Not Pass."

On 8/14/2019 at 9:04 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Ok this show is still very fun.

i think my favorite part was watching Tori get the rest of the group to agree to do the reboot,  I am glad the show isn’t dropping the “Gabby kissed a girl and liked it” plot.  Because yeah Andrea has that relationship with a black guy she barely touched while everyone else was jumping on top of each other.

In the 2nd episode, Gabrielle says to Tori that on the original show, she wasn't allowed to touch her "African American boyfriend".  And she wanted the reboot within the "BH90210" show to show more diversity.  She then uses that to explain to Tori why she wants Andrea to have a storyline where she explores being bisexual.

I couldn't remember who she was talking about.

I only remember her boyfriends being Jay, and a kiss with Chris Suitor, the drama teacher, in Season 2.

Ok, researching some more, it appears that she did go on a date with Jordan Bonner, from Shaw High School.  I guess I didn't remember it, nor realize that it made Jordan her boyfriend.

There just wasn't as much talk on-screen or off-screen about them spending much time together, so it was hard to remember.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:36 PM, kazza said:

Were Brian and Shannen close?

I don't know about Brian and Shannen, but one of the close scenes between David and Brenda was during Season 4, while David was upset that Howard wanted Donna to have her own radio show, instead of one with David, Brenda tried to calm David down by dancing with him.  She said she was "studying pre-law, premed, and premenstrual".  She and David were then the best dancers on the floor at that moment.

I like that scene.

However, later in season 4, after Brenda gets arrested for breaking into the animal lab, and Donna remarks that it could have been her with Brenda, David says that that's the difference between Donna and Brenda.  That he knows Donna would never cross that line.

David might not have been with Brenda physically during that scene, but it was about Brenda.

Those are the two scenes, from the original show, where I think their characters have the most interaction.  Or they are talking about each other.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:12 PM, Katy M said:

I don't care if you're gay, straight or bi.  If you're married, you don't go around exploring your sexuality with other people.  So, both Jason and his wife cheated on each other. Ian's wife cheated on him.  And Tori's husband is such a jerk, I'm sure he's cheating on her. Can we really hold out any hope for BAG and his wife, the only couple that we are not absolutely sure of at least some level of infidelity?

Good post.

Andrea and Jordan got to know each other at an event for prospective Yale students, and started dating a few episodes later, though it's true he wasn't shown much.  I think he was last seen when he was supposed to take her to the prom and got sick, leading to her going with Brandon.

• Love 2
On 8/26/2019 at 2:11 AM, KWalkerInc said:

Andrea and Jordan got to know each other at an event for prospective Yale students, and started dating a few episodes later, though it's true he wasn't shown much.  I think he was last seen when he was supposed to take her to the prom and got sick, leading to her going with Brandon.

Thanks.