Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Windmills

The Faye thing really isn't working.  I do not buy the NY Bar sending their representatives to a firm to wreak havoc and fire people at will.  Also, assuming Faye is an attorney, her decisions about cases and personnel could create more malpractice concerns for the firm.  Even though I hate the story, I think the actress portraying Faye is excellent; she really comes off like a cold hard bitch.  That is tough to portray without seeming cartoonish.

Edited to add, I read that Faye is played by Denise Crosby.  She was on Star Trek in the 1990's and is the granddaughter of film legend Bing Crosby.  So she comes by her talent honestly.

I don't really like the Donna and Harvey story so far.  They are not showing much passion for each other.  I am not sure whether the acting or the writing is to blame, but  they don't act like a couple at all.   Every conversation is like small talk filler.  I hope they break up and she goes back to Thomas.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

The Faye thing really isn't working.  I do not buy the NY Bar sending their representatives to a firm to wreak havoc and fire people at will.  Also, assuming Faye is an attorney, her decisions about cases and personnel could create more malpractice concerns for the firm.  Even though I hate the story, I think the actress portraying Faye is excellent; she really comes off like a cold hard bitch.  That is tough to portray without seeming cartoonish.

I don't really like the Donna and Harvey story so far.  They are not showing much passion for each other.  I am not sure whether the acting or the writing is to blame.  They don't act like a couple at all.  Every conversation is like small talk filler.  I hope they break up and she goes back to Thomas.

I gotta agree with you on Faye, at this point she's just annoying to me and I hope they don't drag this out with her through the whole season.

And yes Harvey and Donna have no romantic or sexual spark. This is another one of those cases of giving fans what they want gone wrong.

Only thing that I liked was Alex and Samantha. To bad he's married becuase they would look good together.

• Love 2

Are we supposed to hate Faye?  Because all we've seen of her is that she's the person that's finally calling the firm out on all it's bullshit.  She's trying to get them to work legally, and their pissing about it, like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 3

It's basically a repeat of Anita Gibbs in Season 6 -- she's absolutely in the right side of the law, or at least the version of it Suits presents as right, but because of all the shady shit going on at the firm they're all acting as though she's the antagonist. It makes sense from a storytelling point of view, since we're viewing her from the firm's POV, but it's just as laughable watching them try to justify all the chaos.

16 hours ago, BookThief said:

My favorite part of the episode was the in-between commercial segment where they had the cast try to sing the Suit's theme song.

Mine, too!  "Pizza pie for your wife" -- Dule. 😉

I also liked that Patrick J. Adams knew the song and the band who did it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So I just watched episode 2 and 3 back to back and uhhh

Why did Faye claim that Benjamin hacking the NY State Bar was almost illegal?

Hacking is illegal. What kind of universe is Suits in where hacking isn't illegal?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Orbert said:

Mine, too!  "Pizza pie for your wife" -- Dule. 😉

I have always loved the very danceable beat of the song!  For years, I tried to sing along, then thought to check the CC.  Oh my!  That was embarrassing!

Still not into Donna and Harvey. It seems forced because the show thinks it needs a co-worker romance in the firm.

I'm not finding the clothes as excellent this season. AFAIC Samantha's just not picking up the style icon vacancy created by Jessica's departure. The women aren't strutting like they used to either.

Tasha Yar is an interesting character to me but are we ever going to find out what crawled up her hiney and vomited acid? She's over-the-top nasty IMO. (And I wonder if I'd be saying that if the special master character was a man but written the same way... 🙁)

Whoa, wannabe associate Susan got schooled hard by Katrina. And Katrina didn't even have to throw any four-letter words at her.

A jury of twelve Harveys. Oh boy.

• Love 1

Poked my head back into the show... sad to see the writers still insist on the word "goddamned" to show how edgy they are. 😕 I love a good cussword or cuss-combo but one time I counted 8 GDs before I turned off the show.  Lazy writing. 

On 8/3/2019 at 1:36 AM, bros402 said:

So I just watched episode 2 and 3 back to back and uhhh

Why did Faye claim that Benjamin hacking the NY State Bar was almost illegal?

Hacking is illegal. What kind of universe is Suits in where hacking isn't illegal?

The kind of universe where the firm is still around, hasn't been sued into oblivion, and every lawyer that knew about Mike hasn't been disbarred all over the world.

• LOL 1