Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Chimes of Freedom

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

When Atria Nine (Raechelle Banno) learns that Adari leader, Seeker Creston Hubbell, will be speaking on campus, she enlists the help of Jax (Priscilla Quintana) and the study group to stand up against her former masters to help free her clone sisters and brothers from oppression on her homeworld.

Aidate: July 23, 2019

(edited)

Wow !!  That was really, really bad.

Is every episode going to involve Jax and the study group borrowing a spaceship to another planet ?  Because that is going to get old quickly.

Jax was all about saving Atria 9 and all her clone sisters, but didn't Jax kill dozens if not hundreds (or maybe thousands) of Atria clones and other clones when she destroyed a multi-billion dollar cloning facility ?

No follow up on the wormhole to wherever it goes.

It's supposed to be 2199, would people still be handing out paper flyers for campus events ?

How are the Adarians a threat to anyone ?  They live a very agrarian, very creepy lifestyle with their clones, but apparently don't have ships or stations in orbit to prevent a bunch of cadets from landing on the planet within spitting distance of the planetary ruler's home.  And how would the Adarians pay for another multi-billion dollar cloning facility ?

So did the evil corporate woman in the professor's office imply that she was responsible for the destruction of an Earthcon warship to steal that alien ? 
A) That is pretty evil, and B) oh great, another player in the great overall mystery.

And yet another late in the episode mention of Jax's codename.  For something that is supposed to be a well-kept secret, an awful lot of people seem to know what Jax is.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

I adore this show! It is terrrrrrrrrrrible.

It is wonderfully reminiscent of ancient genre shows like The Tomorrow People, with the modern version of cellar-budget production. They even somehow brought back John! Sure, call yourself "Oliver Dench", or whatever -- I know you jaunted directly from ITV in 1973. And I am HERE for it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I can't wait for the future where the the sex clones come out already covered from head to toe in K-Y Jelly!

Never bring a cattle prod to blaster fight.

Why does Ezekiel Jones always miss out on the action?

Can you really just go to a planet and beat-up and or kill anyone you want? Not to mention cause billions of dollars in property damage. And that includes killing clones who are/are not considered people (well at least they don't have souls, cause there would be standing room only in Heaven right about now).

Next episode: Everybody pretends that nothing that happened in episode 2 actually happened.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Wow !!  That was really, really bad.

My thoughts exactly!

5 hours ago, AuntTora said:

I adore this show! It is terrrrrrrrrrrible.

I'm not sure if I'm at adore, maybe amused. I'll stick with it until I get to annoyed.

• Love 1

What a shit show. Nothing like an alien race where the planets leader lives in a 12th century looking house with a couple guards who only have cattle prods yet they can clone humans AND do space travel plus beat a high tech civilization in a war. I think I have a bigger budget for my cats food then this show has.

• LOL 6
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:56 AM, paulvdb said:

When Atria Nine (Raechelle Banno) learns that Adari leader, Seeker Creston Hubbell, will be speaking on campus, she enlists the help of Jax (Priscilla Quintana) and the study group to stand up against her former masters to help free her clone sisters and brothers from oppression on her homeworld. 

This is sppsd to be a show for tweens, right?

• LOL 1

Ah well, I was willing to give it a try but I guess I'm out. I can put up with with a lot of things if there's some humor or at least a sense of irony to keep things afloat. Sadly both are MIA here. I wonder how many seasons it's going to last.

• Love 1

This show is awful! So I did watch the 2nd episode and they steal a spaceship *again* and do something high profile and murderous and it's all forgotten about? An agricultural society can manufacture clones and everyone's tip toeing around them because they're so important. If they can make clones why can't they make loyal guards to protect the facility. 

Jax is terrible. She hears about a shitty preacher on campus from one of her new friends and 2 seconds later she is screaming in his face about it despite again having 0.5% of a clue about the situation?? She's not much of a subtle destruction of humanity plot device is she? 

"Shoe string budget" looks like it would be a step up for this show. It makes the Arrowverse look like it has MCU money. 

The acting is still terrible and the scripts feel like even the writers couldn't be bothered with the most basic of dialogue and copy pasted it from Obvious Writing 101.

I'm definitely watching episode 3. 

• LOL 3