Type keyword(s) to search

Girls Next Door - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 2/12/2022 at 7:39 PM, dariafan said:

Y’all have you seen Holly’s YouTube video she just put up where she does Pam Anderson makeup ???  Oh it is fantastic.  

Holly and Pamela are both beautiful women, but other than blonde hair, don't look much alike. I thought Holly did an amazing job considering they have little resemblance. 

For anyone else who adores Pammy's makeup, this is probably my favorite tutorial.

• Useful 3
On 12/12/2021 at 2:15 PM, qtpye said:

Holly does admit that was incredibly fucked up to want to have a baby with an 80-year-old man. You are basically denying a child a father. If Hef was old enough to be Holly's grandfather then he would be like a great grandfather to their child.

I always assumed Holly wanted to have a baby with Hef for financial reasons. That child would get a piece of Hef’s inheritance and whatever family trust he set up. Hef didn’t die crazy wealthy but he did educate all of his children and leave them something. What other reason could there be?

On 1/29/2022 at 2:12 PM, RealHousewife said:

I really think that's why Kendra doesn't want to bad mouth Hef. She's not sure if she'd even be here if it weren't for him.  What's ironic is the person who tried least hard to be a girlfriend and gave the least fucks about Playboy is the least salty now. And the women who wanted to become famous Playmates and live a certain lifestyle (in particular Holly) are now more negative about the situation. They all have a right to their own feelings of course, just interesting.

I’ve seen a few of Holly’s YouTube videos and they are fun. But I think you’re right. Kendra is my age, and I think she always saw her time at the mansion as something fun to do for a little while. She never saw it as a means to an end, or career or anything like that. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I always assumed Holly wanted to have a baby with Hef for financial reasons. That child would get a piece of Hef’s inheritance and whatever family trust he set up. Hef didn’t die crazy wealthy but he did educate all of his children and leave them something. What other reason could there be?

I’ve seen a few of Holly’s YouTube videos and they are fun. But I think you’re right. Kendra is my age, and I think she always saw her time at the mansion as something fun to do for a little while. She never saw it as a means to an end, or career or anything like that. 

Yeah, that is a big part of what Holly leaves out of her book. She makes it seem that she is the only one of the girlfriends that cared about Hef but his money and status is one of the reasons that she was interested in him in the first place.

Here is a video that sums up Kendra’s attitude about GND. It’s from her old reality show.

• Love 3
On 2/20/2022 at 12:13 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Agree. Thank goodness it never happened. I'm really curious how Holly would have felt about Hef if she had his baby.

On 2/20/2022 at 5:09 PM, qtpye said:

Yeah, that is a big part of what Holly leaves out of her book. She makes it seem that she is the only one of the girlfriends that cared about Hef but his money and status is one of the reasons that she was interested in him in the first place.

Here is a video that sums up Kendra’s attitude about GND. It’s from her old reality show.

Aw, Bridget is such a sweetheart. 

• Love 3

There’s so much I want to reply to on here but short on time. I know we’ve discussed it before on here but this Kendra/Bridget stuff still annoys me because Bridget always went out of her way to be helpful and kind to Kendra. Especially with the baby shower, checking in on her. Even if Kendra wants to play the we were never friends card, there’s manners and human decency that should exist. There was an US weekly or Star magazine features back when Kendra was living in Indiana that Bridget drove down to SD to visit Kendra’s grandma to check on her. 

I get all the Holly drama. But I’ve never understood any of the Bridget negativity. Also as a Holly fan, the baby stuff mentioned above? I still don’t think she’s being very honest about certain situations. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 5
On 2/17/2022 at 9:18 PM, RealHousewife said:

Holly and Pamela are both beautiful women, but other than blonde hair, don't look much alike. I thought Holly did an amazing job considering they have little resemblance. 

For anyone else who adores Pammy's makeup, this is probably my favorite tutorial.

I had so many of their videos bookmarked. I hate that they deleted everything. As a long time viewer it felt like a face slap. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

There’s so much I want to reply to on here but short on time. I know we’ve discussed it before on here but this Kendra/Bridget stuff still annoys me because Bridget always went out of her way to be helpful and kind to Kendra. Especially with the baby shower, checking in on her. Even if Kendra wants to play the we were never friends card, there’s manners and human decency that should exist. There was an US weekly or Star magazine features back when Kendra was living in Indiana that Bridget drove down to SD to visit Kendra’s grandma to check on her. 

I get all the Holly drama. But I’ve never understood any of the Bridget negativity. Also as a Holly fan, the baby stuff mentioned above? I still don’t think she’s being very honest about certain situations. 

Just going on what I've seen of her on TV, but Bridget seems like the type of person where if you don't get along with her, the problem is probably you. 

59 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I had so many of their videos bookmarked. I hate that they deleted everything. As a long time viewer it felt like a face slap. 

Girl, I was shocked when one day all the Pixiwoo content was just gone. I wasn't sure why they took everything down. I would have thought they could get passive income, but maybe it wasn't as simple as that? 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Just going on what I've seen of her on TV, but Bridget seems like the type of person where if you don't get along with her, the problem is probably you. 

Girl, I was shocked when one day all the Pixiwoo content was just gone. I wasn't sure why they took everything down. I would have thought they could get passive income, but maybe it wasn't as simple as that? 

Exactly! Even on her podcasts she gives off that energy. On the show you could see the way the girls were approached with angry energy. Like The View mess. In many ways it reminded me of the old Marilyn Monroe interview where she talked about fame giving others what they think is the right to treat you a particular way. 

Their contract with the brush company was over and they’ve moved on in to more influencer type careers. But to do this was ridiculous. How much longer will influencer culture be sustainable? 

Also yes. It would’ve been a continued great source of passive income because to be honest their tutorials were probably the best on there aside from Lisa Eldridge and Wayne Goss. Not only that but both sisters seemed to really love makeup, the history of it. I loved when they got to make a video with Joan Collins. Deleting everything seemed so unnecessarily aggressive. 

• Love 4
On 2/27/2022 at 3:23 PM, LemonSoda said:

Exactly! Even on her podcasts she gives off that energy. On the show you could see the way the girls were approached with angry energy. Like The View mess. In many ways it reminded me of the old Marilyn Monroe interview where she talked about fame giving others what they think is the right to treat you a particular way. 

Their contract with the brush company was over and they’ve moved on in to more influencer type careers. But to do this was ridiculous. How much longer will influencer culture be sustainable? 

Also yes. It would’ve been a continued great source of passive income because to be honest their tutorials were probably the best on there aside from Lisa Eldridge and Wayne Goss. Not only that but both sisters seemed to really love makeup, the history of it. I loved when they got to make a video with Joan Collins. Deleting everything seemed so unnecessarily aggressive. 

Bridget seems like she gets along with everyone except people who are BAD. She gets along with her mom, bio dad, stepdad, brother, sister. She was patient with Kendra, who was young and perhaps acted even younger. lol Even though she said she was jealous of the models who'd become Playmates, she was still very kind to all of them. I don't think the girl has a genuine catty bone. 

Real Techniques blew up. I wondered it became Pixiwoo's main money maker, but then I heard they were longer working with them. I never tried the brushes, kind of curious if they lived up to the hype. I mostly use MAC, but honestly, they're not always worth the $. Many of them shed. 

Yeah, and influencers are normally young women. I know YouTubers tend to be younger too, but I do think age matters less. Maybe the women are so well-known now that they make huge $ doing makeup?

Yeah, I feel like there must be some business thing I'm missing. Because especially with both sisters being moms, and Nic having health issues, you'd think passive income would be incredible. Much easier than having to go to work each day. I remember the Joan Collins interview. They had some pretty huge stars on. Ugh, I miss their channel. 

• Love 3
On 3/1/2022 at 6:21 PM, RealHousewife said:

Bridget seems like she gets along with everyone except people who are BAD. She gets along with her mom, bio dad, stepdad, brother, sister. She was patient with Kendra, who was young and perhaps acted even younger. lol Even though she said she was jealous of the models who'd become Playmates, she was still very kind to all of them. I don't think the girl has a genuine catty bone. 

Real Techniques blew up. I wondered it became Pixiwoo's main money maker, but then I heard they were longer working with them. I never tried the brushes, kind of curious if they lived up to the hype. I mostly use MAC, but honestly, they're not always worth the $. Many of them shed. 

Yeah, and influencers are normally young women. I know YouTubers tend to be younger too, but I do think age matters less. Maybe the women are so well-known now that they make huge $ doing makeup?

Yeah, I feel like there must be some business thing I'm missing. Because especially with both sisters being moms, and Nic having health issues, you'd think passive income would be incredible. Much easier than having to go to work each day. I remember the Joan Collins interview. They had some pretty huge stars on. Ugh, I miss their channel. 

Of the 3 I always thought Bridget had the healthier self esteem because she didn’t seem to really envy or want to be anyone else. Even with the workout video she was like What’s wrong with the way we look now? 

Mac brushes aren’t what they used to be. Real techniques were hit or miss. Some sets were more durable than others. Much like Sonia Kashuk products it seemed like the plain ones were more durable than the fun colored sets. Sigma, EcoTools and Morphe are good too. I’ve never had a problem with EcoTools which is amusing given their price point. 

Yeah their excuses for ending it all didn’t make sense. Especially given their ages, families. Who throws money in the trash? I think there’s more to it than we know. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Has anyone here been watching The Secrets of Playboy? This show makes it seem like a big happy family.

I did. It has its own thread. I learned lots of new troubling info, but can’t say I was shocked. 

• Love 3
On 2/20/2022 at 1:13 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I cannot decide on whether she truly was in love with him (and was yanking her chain) or she had ulterior motives.

On 3/13/2022 at 10:25 PM, Atlanta said:

Has anyone here been watching The Secrets of Playboy? This show makes it seem like a big happy family.

Holy crap! I remember the sordid details being covered in this forum (or maybe the one on TVwoP), but I didn't realize the extent before watching Secrets of Playboy😱

On 3/14/2022 at 12:49 PM, Atlanta said:

Here you can see that the new owner of the house almost completely tore up the mansion and the property

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/hugh-hefners-home-playboy-mansion/view/google/

Can you imagine how disgusting that must have been? I hope those construction workers got hazard pay!

On 3/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, dariafan said:

I hope they saged the hell out of that place !!!

Forget sage. They need flamethrowers.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 3/1/2022 at 8:21 PM, RealHousewife said:

I agree about Bridget. She seems like a genuinely kind person, who starts off treating everyone well, but isn't a doormat- people may often confuse her kindness for a need for approval. I don't know why Kendra said those rude things about them never being friends. They weren't friends but Kendra was happy to have her throw a baby shower?  Kendra always came off as kind of "crass" to me. She could be fun, but of the three women, Bridget is the one I would want to take some where and I know I wouldn't be embarrassed by her behavior. 

I like Real Techniques brushes quite a bit- their face brushes more than eye though- for eyes I still have a bunch of Sigma brushes that are great. I didnt know they deleted their channel- I know some people who have disabled comments on old channels because they don't want to monitor them any more, but it could've been a situation where the profits from the YouTube channel were joined by the sisters jointly, and they didn't want to be financially intwined any more. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I don't know if anyone here watched Holly's YouTube commentary on GND episodes, but she and Bridget are starting a podcast. A lot of people on her videos comment and ask for her to do one with Bridget, so this isn't a huge surprise. And they're still good friends, too. I wonder if they'll have guests, like Brian the butler, Stacey Burke, and some of their playmate friends. I can see it being pretty popular. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

I don't know if anyone here watched Holly's YouTube commentary on GND episodes, but she and Bridget are starting a podcast. A lot of people on her videos comment and ask for her to do one with Bridget, so this isn't a huge surprise. And they're still good friends, too. I wonder if they'll have guests, like Brian the butler, Stacey Burke, and some of their playmate friends. I can see it being pretty popular. 

Yes! I just came here to post this. Looking forward to it.

• Love 5
On 8/4/2022 at 3:16 AM, TrixieTrue said:

On 8/4/2022 at 7:36 AM, MCMLXXVII said:

Yes! I just came here to post this. Looking forward to it.

I’d listen to that. 

Edited to add- I have liked some of Holly's videos, but she doesnt show ANY clips (I am sure its a copyright thing with E! etc etc) which makes it harder to follow along with the reactions. Its not as if she is reacting the next day after the episode airs and its fresh in our memory. 

Maybe we could discuss the podcast here if people are interested. 

• Love 6

Both GND and Holly’s World are currently free with commercials on Prime video if we need to watch along. 

I’m watching “Holly’s World” for the first time now. I thought the first episode was almost unwatchable, but it’s an interesting artifact. I had no idea Holly dated Benji Madden.

Edited by MCMLXXVII
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/12/2022 at 4:15 PM, Gharlane said:

Oh my gosh! What happened to Bridget (the one on the left)? 😱

I think she's wearing heavy eye makeup and thick bangs. She used to wear a side swept bang and less makeup. Her face has changed with age (as has mine, no shade meant), but she looks largely the same. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Still loving the podcast, but I cringe every time Bridget talks about buying or painting something “Pink!” or bedazzling it with rhinestones to make it “Cute!”. I didn’t like that babydoll stuff when I was a child, and now it’s kind of repulsive.

• Love 1
On 9/20/2022 at 1:59 AM, MCMLXXVII said:

Still loving the podcast, but I cringe every time Bridget talks about buying or painting something “Pink!” or bedazzling it with rhinestones to make it “Cute!”. I didn’t like that babydoll stuff when I was a child, and now it’s kind of repulsive.

I know what you mean and I used to judge Bridget for that when the show was on. I thought it was fake and over the top. Now my perspective has changed. She likes what she likes and doesn't make apologies for it. I admire it and wish I could be more like that. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

I know what you mean and I used to judge Bridget for that when the show was on. I thought it was fake and over the top. Now my perspective has changed. She likes what she likes and doesn't make apologies for it. I admire it and wish I could be more like that. 

You’re probably right. I’ve actually grown to like variations of the color pink- I think the new Valentino collection is fabulous.
I think it’s the popular association of “Pink!” with preadolescent girls and the way Hef was obsessed with a young blonde ideal that turns my stomach. Like, she has the decorating taste of a fourth-grader, what’s going on there? 👀

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I think my biggest question for Bridgette is that there were rumors that she was married when she was with Hef and I wonder if this is true. For the record, Hef was also married when he filmed the show.

I am glad she seems to be doing well.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think my biggest question for Bridgette is that there were rumors that she was married when she was with Hef and I wonder if this is true. For the record, Hef was also married when he filmed the show.

I am glad she seems to be doing well.

She said on the podcast that she separated from her husband and IRC, didn't think it was a big deal because Hef was also married. 

• Useful 3
On 9/23/2022 at 5:31 PM, MCMLXXVII said:

I think it’s the popular association of “Pink!” with preadolescent girls and the way Hef was obsessed with a young blonde ideal that turns my stomach. Like, she has the decorating taste of a fourth-grader, what’s going on there? 👀

I agree and remember something (from Holly's book, I think) about Her wanting the bedrooms to be certain colors, like pink and purple. 

But I think Bridget genuinely likes pink and went with that color knowing Hef would agree.  She said on the show that she liked being on theme and looking cute and I think that's true today. 

• Love 4

Anyone else listening to the podcast?

I love it and highly recommend it if you were a GND fan. There is one thing I see differently than Holly and Bridget. They see Kendra as getting the favorable edit. Maybe Kendra was a producer favorite. Maybe they did like to portray her as more athletic. Buy they also showed her as immature, irresponsible, not the brightest, etc. Holly and Bridget both came off as much more ladylike, mature, well-mannered, etc. 

They also brought up how they get tired of hearing about Kendra’s age, and Holly said she was only 22 when she moved in herself. While I agree that isn’t much older than Kendra, Kendra was still much younger than Holly and Bridget while filming. Holly was in her mid20s when the show began, and Bridget was several years older than that. Imo it’s not fair to expect much from someone in her late teens and early 20s. Kendra’s brain wasn’t fully formed, theirs were.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/19/2022 at 10:41 AM, RealHousewife said:

I love it and highly recommend it if you were a GND fan. There is one thing I see differently than Holly and Bridget. They see Kendra as getting the favorable edit. Maybe Kendra was a producer favorite. Maybe they did like to portray her as more athletic. Buy they also showed her as immature, irresponsible, not the brightest, etc. Holly and Bridget both came off as much more ladylike, mature, well-mannered, etc. 

Really! Kendra was a lazy, inconsiderate slob on the show, not to mention showing extremely poor manners. The only thing I can think they mean is that they never showed Kendra really saying anything particularly mean spirited to one of the playmates, and usually went out of her way to befriend them. Bridget's nose seems really out of joint about that early playmate episode when she was saying she wants them to get drunk the night before their shoot so they are hungover- which I don't really get, because I didn't think anyone thought she was being seriously mean. 

• Love 5
On 12/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, RealHousewife said:

Anyone still listening? I can’t believe Hef was so cold when Bridget’s grandfather died. I mean, I can, but still. 

I'm listening and I really enjoy it. I think they got off to a good start and that it's structured well. I also like that they're adding guests. The questions they asked Carmella were good. They've said that Stacy Burke and Anastasia are going to be later guests. 

I wonder if Holly will continue with her YouTube rewatch. I think she can talk more openly on the podcast about things behind the scenes, so she may not continue. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, dariafan said:

I really liked the episode with Stacy Burke on it.  She seems like a cool person to hang with 

She does seem very sweet. 

I don’t agree with Holly and Bridget on everything, but I think they’re doing a great job with the podcast. I love that they’re still friends. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Anyone else listen to the podcast with Anastasia?

I'm a big Bridget fan. I think she has one of the cutest personalities of any celebrity and am sure she never meant for Anastasia to be in harm's way or negatively affected staying at the mansion.

However, one thing that rubbed me the wrong way was how many times and the way she asked Anastasia if she felt unattractive. I'd get it if one time she asked "did staying at the mansion negatively affect your self-esteem?" if she knew it did and that Anastasia was comfortable discussing the issue. Instead it was like so you felt fat? You felt ugly? You felt frumpy? It just sounded so insensitive to me. Holly was honestly more sensitive when Anastasia discussed her eating disorder. 

• Like 3