Type keyword(s) to search

Girls Next Door - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Has anyone watched Kendra's new show? I looked and didn't see it anywhere on Primetimer. Kendra looks really different, and I can't figure out why. Obviously her hair is a little different, and she's like 10 years older than when I last watched her show on E!, but it's something else. Did she have work done?

She seems to have matured somewhat but she is still so...Kendra. Watching her try to show a house is beyond painful.

Her kids are insanely gorgeous. Her house looks really nice too...she kind of hints at having to downsize and spend her money wisely, but her digs look pretty nice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Has anyone watched Kendra's new show? I looked and didn't see it anywhere on Primetimer. Kendra looks really different, and I can't figure out why. Obviously her hair is a little different, and she's like 10 years older than when I last watched her show on E!, but it's something else. Did she have work done?

She seems to have matured somewhat but she is still so...Kendra. Watching her try to show a house is beyond painful.

Her kids are insanely gorgeous. Her house looks really nice too...she kind of hints at having to downsize and spend her money wisely, but her digs look pretty nice.

I haven't seen anything of the show yet.

Kendra's kids are some of the most beautiful celeb kids. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I remember from one of the episodes that Hef wanted to be buried next to Marilyn Monroe. Or am I dreaming this? 

No, not at all. You're correct. He bought the space next to where she's buried. I don't know if his family honored those wishes or buried him someplace else. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Tatum said:

I could have sworn she posted about getting her implants removed, but she still looks busty (but covered up) in recent Instagram photos.

She might have gotten a little lip filler, but otherwise looks the same to me.

• Love 2
On 12/9/2021 at 6:17 PM, Tatum said:

A lot of reality show stars rent a house for the show. Her children are beautiful and I hope the show is not a bad experience for them

I just finished reading Holly's book and I enjoyed her writing.

I did not know that there was a feud between Holly and Kendra until just now.

Kendra claims that Holly lied in her book about Hef and underplayed her role in the "sex night parties". Kendra also claimed that she never had sex with Hef and Holly claims that it would be impossible to be a girlfriend without consenting to have sex with him.

Have you guys ever heard of the theories that the patriarchy undermines women and kept them fighting to uphold their own power? Well, according to Holly, Hef was like that personified.

He purposely pitted the women against each other because he loved to have these young gorgeous women fighting over him.

Also, he seemed to take Holly totally for granted (in her version) because she cared about him and was not using him like a lot of other girls.

He used to rave about the beauty of his former wives and girlfriends while claiming that Holly was nothing special until she got her nose job. This could have been gaslighting to undermine her confidence.

Holly does admit that was incredibly fucked up to want to have a baby with an 80-year-old man. You are basically denying a child a father. If Hef was old enough to be Holly's grandfather then he would be like a great grandfather to their child.

After Hef, a man who was only 11 years older than her (Criss Angel) seemed like a breath of fresh air.

The book ends with her having a baby and marrying Pasquale.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The thing I find weird about Holly is- ok, so I’m two years older than her, and I only learned what Playboy is because I was a fan of Mötley Crüe and other hair bands, and all their wives/girlfriends were Playmates. And I discovered Howard Stern in summer ‘92 and he would always talk about Playmates. So I feel like if I looked like Holly my “goal” is to meet and marry Nikki Sixx or someone along those lines. The whole Hef relationship was like “Girl? What are you doing?” 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MCMLXXVII said:

The thing I find weird about Holly is- ok, so I’m two years older than her, and I only learned what Playboy is because I was a fan of Mötley Crüe and other hair bands, and all their wives/girlfriends were Playmates. And I discovered Howard Stern in summer ‘92 and he would always talk about Playmates. So I feel like if I looked like Holly my “goal” is to meet and marry Nikki Sixx or someone along those lines. The whole Hef relationship was like “Girl? What are you doing?” 

Lol, she mentioned she was attracted to Criss Angel, initially, because he looked like a poor man's Tommy Lee.

• Love 4
On 12/10/2021 at 3:48 AM, TrixieTrue said:

No, not at all. You're correct. He bought the space next to where she's buried. I don't know if his family honored those wishes or buried him someplace else. 

Yep. That was the episode where Bridget came up with the idea of the Hollywood true crime mystery tour which included the house near where the Black Dalia’s body was found. When learning that the tour would also include seeing the cemetery where Marilyn Monroe was buried, Holly said “I don’t want to see that damn place!” and then it was explained that Hef bought the space next to Marilyn.

I just finished Holly’s book about life in the mansion. Holy shit. It was rather dark. Assuming she’s retelling everything correctly, Hef was a cruel, controlling, gaslighting manipulator who fomented conflict between the girls to make them fight more over him. And Criss Angel was just as bad and controlling. I’m glad Holly later found happiness. 

• Love 7
On 12/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, qtpye said:

A lot of reality show stars rent a house for the show. Her children are beautiful and I hope the show is not a bad experience for them

I just finished reading Holly's book and I enjoyed her writing.

I did not know that there was a feud between Holly and Kendra until just now.

Kendra claims that Holly lied in her book about Hef and underplayed her role in the "sex night parties". Kendra also claimed that she never had sex with Hef and Holly claims that it would be impossible to be a girlfriend without consenting to have sex with him.

Have you guys ever heard of the theories that the patriarchy undermines women and kept them fighting to uphold their own power? Well, according to Holly, Hef was like that personified.

He purposely pitted the women against each other because he loved to have these young gorgeous women fighting over him.

Also, he seemed to take Holly totally for granted (in her version) because she cared about him and was not using him like a lot of other girls.

He used to rave about the beauty of his former wives and girlfriends while claiming that Holly was nothing special until she got her nose job. This could have been gaslighting to undermine her confidence.

Holly does admit that was incredibly fucked up to want to have a baby with an 80-year-old man. You are basically denying a child a father. If Hef was old enough to be Holly's grandfather then he would be like a great grandfather to their child.

After Hef, a man who was only 11 years older than her (Criss Angel) seemed like a breath of fresh air.

The book ends with her having a baby and marrying Pasquale.

As gross as it is to discuss the um “night parties”, I believe Kendra is telling the truth about Holly’s participation level because when many others repeat the same story for over a decade, yeah. 
Hef did it all on purpose for ego and his own power. 

I thought Holly was cute with that guy Benji but he didn’t seem to care much for all the reality show and publicity stuff. 

I loved The Vegas Diaries book because she goes in to so many of her dating mistakes, the mistakes we all make and really how awkward it was to not only re enter the dating world after time at the Mansion but re-entering the real world too. 
I think it was in Izabella’s book? where she mentioned the laundry and such. But even if you’re unhappy, can’t wait to get out, there has to be a weird awkwardness acclimating to regular life where you have to get your own food, clean, do normal life things. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

As gross as it is to discuss the um “night parties”, I believe Kendra is telling the truth about Holly’s participation level because when many others repeat the same story for over a decade, yeah. 
Hef did it all on purpose for ego and his own power. 

I thought Holly was cute with that guy Benji but he didn’t seem to care much for all the reality show and publicity stuff. 

I loved The Vegas Diaries book because she goes in to so many of her dating mistakes, the mistakes we all make and really how awkward it was to not only re enter the dating world after time at the Mansion but re-entering the real world too. 
I think it was in Izabella’s book? where she mentioned the laundry and such. But even if you’re unhappy, can’t wait to get out, there has to be a weird awkwardness acclimating to regular life where you have to get your own food, clean, do normal life things. 

Yeah, Holly outed Kendra having sex with Hef but Holly also needs to acknowledge that she was a big part of the sex party nights, which she does downplay in the book.

So, is Vegas Diaries any good? I was wondering if it was worth purchasing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Yeah, Holly outed Kendra having sex with Hef but Holly also needs to acknowledge that she was a big part of the sex party nights, which she does downplay in the book.

So, is Vegas Diaries any good? I was wondering if it was worth purchasing.

Yes, as far back as the Jill Ann controversy it was pretty well known that the Main Girlfriend was um the master of ceremonies. 

Yes. Parts of it feel a bit rushed and some of it you wish she had delved deeper in to it but I really enjoyed it. Pick up a discount copy at thirst books or a place like that. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Yes, as far back as the Jill Ann controversy it was pretty well known that the Main Girlfriend was um the master of ceremonies. 

Yes. Parts of it feel a bit rushed and some of it you wish she had delved deeper in to it but I really enjoyed it. Pick up a discount copy at thirst books or a place like that. 

Thanks for the info...I might check it out.

I really enjoyed Bobbie Brown's book (The Cherry Pie girl in the Warrant video) Dirty Rocker Boys.

It is a good read if you remember the hair metal guys and ever wondered what it would be like to be one of their girlfriends/wives.

However, her follow-up, Cherry on Top, was such a disappointment.

She was still choosing the same shitty types of men to date, except they were no longer rich and famous.

She also talked about her stand-up career which did not seem to go anywhere.

I was afraid Holly's follow-up might go the same way but now I might give it a try.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Thanks for the info...I might check it out.

I really enjoyed Bobbie Brown's book (The Cherry Pie girl in the Warrant video) Dirty Rocker Boys.

It is a good read if you remember the hair metal guys and ever wondered what it would be like to be one of their girlfriends/wives.

However, her follow-up, Cherry on Top, was such a disappointment.

She was still choosing the same shitty types of men to date, except they were no longer rich and famous.

She also talked about her stand-up career which did not seem to go anywhere.

I was afraid Holly's follow-up might go the same way but now I might give it a try.

It’s a rewind because it’s everything post mansion up until before she met her husband. It fills in a lot of blanks of her Vegas years that I really wish we had received more of because it was fun. I really enjoyed it even though it was less about dirt than a woman living her life. All the dating mistakes she made. Some funny/sad moments like realizing what she’s wearing for a day meeting is what most women would wear for a night out. It took a while for her to stop dressing like she was at the mansion. 

Oh Wow! I could talk about Bobbie all day!

Spoiler

Wasn’t that book SO awful? It felt like blog chapter entities. I thought at the least it would contain some of the more interesting stories she’s told on her old podcast that didn’t make the first book. Apparently the first book as good as it was, had to be reduced a few hundred pages so a bunch of random stories were cut out.
Bobbie’s problem is that while she has a lot of self awareness (lack of work ethic, owning up to her own mistakes, bad behavior) she hasn’t done the very heavy self work required as she’s still partially financially dependent on the malignant narcissist who caused a lot of her problems. Also, Hollywood is one of her drugs. I know it’s a lack of work ethic but I’m surprised she didn’t open up a spa or one of the careers she has trained for to support herself. She’s bounced around career wise, has the skills but can’t stay consistent with a 9 to 5 or even as a business owner. I went to one of her comedy shows. She was hilarious but her lack of confidence shows. It would’ve been interesting to see her somehow include that as part of her act. 
I want Sharise to write a book. To go from Vince Neil to Tupac? Then all the various careers she has had from nightclubs to clothing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 12/25/2021 at 4:07 AM, LemonSoda said:

It’s a rewind because it’s everything post mansion up until before she met her husband. It fills in a lot of blanks of her Vegas years that I really wish we had received more of because it was fun. I really enjoyed it even though it was less about dirt than a woman living her life. All the dating mistakes she made. Some funny/sad moments like realizing what she’s wearing for a day meeting is what most women would wear for a night out. It took a while for her to stop dressing like she was at the mansion. 

Oh Wow! I could talk about Bobbie all day!

Reveal spoiler

Wasn’t that book SO awful? It felt like blog chapter entities. I thought at the least it would contain some of the more interesting stories she’s told on her old podcast that didn’t make the first book. Apparently the first book as good as it was, had to be reduced a few hundred pages so a bunch of random stories were cut out.
Bobbie’s problem is that while she has a lot of self awareness (lack of work ethic, owning up to her own mistakes, bad behavior) she hasn’t done the very heavy self work required as she’s still partially financially dependent on the malignant narcissist who caused a lot of her problems. Also, Hollywood is one of her drugs. I know it’s a lack of work ethic but I’m surprised she didn’t open up a spa or one of the careers she has trained for to support herself. She’s bounced around career wise, has the skills but can’t stay consistent with a 9 to 5 or even as a business owner. I went to one of her comedy shows. She was hilarious but her lack of confidence shows. It would’ve been interesting to see her somehow include that as part of her act. 
I want Sharise to write a book. To go from Vince Neil to Tupac? Then all the various careers she has had from nightclubs to clothing. 

Bobbie, just like Holly, was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. As a kid,  I thought she looked like a Barbie Doll come to life, and again just like Holly, she had a nose and boob job, which she is very open about.

Spoiler

Bobbie seemed to have thrown away more opportunities than most people ever see in their life. When she was at her prime Steven Spielberg personally asked her to audition for Tinker Bell in Peter Pan and SHE is the one who flaked out on him several times. She also talked about maybe being the first Brittany Spears (both being blondes from Louisiana) but she (by her own admission) messed that up as well.

I was a little shocked by the way she was living when I saw her in Ex-wives of Rock. I do know that Bobbie had addiction issues that Holly seemed to avoid.

I also think that Bobby is used to relying on her "pretty privilege" more than Holly. Bobby seems to have many opportunities and talents but does not seem to be able to do the hard work needed to really perfect something. Holly seems willing to work hard when it is needed (like preparing for her Vegas Review).

I found it kind of pathetic that she was trying to build up the flirtation that she had with Jaimie Kennedy in her second book. I think she only brought him up because he was the only sorta famous guy that she was associating with at the time, being that he was kind of her comedy mentor. It was almost like her life is not interesting beyond her love life.

I think she is a cool lady but she really has not overcome her demons. She is attracted to a very toxic type of men and that does not seem to be getting better as she gets older.

I agree about Sharice (who started as a mud wrestler for crying out loud), in the fact that she just seems more naturally confident and together than Bobbie.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4
On 12/26/2021 at 7:19 PM, RealHousewife said:

I had no idea Bobbie had her nose done. That's good work right there. I always thought she was a total knockout too, reminded me a little of Pam Anderson. Tommy Lee had a type!

Haha, in Bobbie's book, she tells a story where she and Tommy Lee are out somewhere, and Tommy asks her when she posed for the cover of Playboy that is currently on display wherever they are (think it was an airport gift shop), because she hadn't mentioned  a recent photo shoot. Bobbie is totally confused and said she did not have a recent Playboy shoot. Tommy points to the magazine in question and she was like, um, that's not me. It was Pam.

As open as she was in that book (enjoyable, but also my secondhand embarrassment for her was at an all time high), she really glossed over the whole Tommy-Lee-dumped-me-for-Pam-Anderson point in her life.  It cracked me up that as awful as the men in the book treated her, and deserved to be maligned in her book, the guy that got it the worst was a guy she never dated or even met, David Charvet from Baywatch, who Pam, in an attempt to endear herself to Tommy Lee one night while sitting at Bobbie and Tommy Lee's table, outed for having a pencil dick. I mean, consider the source, but ouch, Bobbie.

Back to the GND- I certainly believe Holly was the "busiest" during sex night, but I don't believe Kendra at all if she claims she never had sex (of any kind) with Hef.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Tatum said:

Haha, in Bobbie's book, she tells a story where she and Tommy Lee are out somewhere, and Tommy asks her when she posed for the cover of Playboy that is currently on display wherever they are (think it was an airport gift shop), because she hadn't mentioned  a recent photo shoot. Bobbie is totally confused and said she did not have a recent Playboy shoot. Tommy points to the magazine in question and she was like, um, that's not me. It was Pam.

As open as she was in that book (enjoyable, but also my secondhand embarrassment for her was at an all time high), she really glossed over the whole Tommy-Lee-dumped-me-for-Pam-Anderson point in her life.  It cracked me up that as awful as the men in the book treated her, and deserved to be maligned in her book, the guy that got it the worst was a guy she never dated or even met, David Charvet from Baywatch, who Pam, in an attempt to endear herself to Tommy Lee one night while sitting at Bobbie and Tommy Lee's table, outed for having a pencil dick. I mean, consider the source, but ouch, Bobbie.

Back to the GND- I certainly believe Holly was the "busiest" during sex night, but I don't believe Kendra at all if she claims she never had sex (of any kind) with Hef.

lol that's so funny! You'd think Tommy would be able to tell them apart though. There's a major resemblance, but they're not identical twins to me.  

Ouch, that's pretty cruel. Not sure if that's true or not, but I always thought David was SO handsome and he seems to have no problem getting beautiful women. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure Kendra admitted to it years ago. I thought I read about it in her book actually. 

Has anyone else been watching Holly's YouTube videos? I don't watch every one, but I do watch the ones where she'll comment on GND episodes. They're pretty interesting. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

lol that's so funny! You'd think Tommy would be able to tell them apart though. There's a major resemblance, but they're not identical twins to me.  

Ouch, that's pretty cruel. Not sure if that's true or not, but I always thought David was SO handsome and he seems to have no problem getting beautiful women. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure Kendra admitted to it years ago. I thought I read about it in her book actually. 

Has anyone else been watching Holly's YouTube videos? I don't watch every one, but I do watch the ones where she'll comment on GND episodes. They're pretty interesting. 

I had a huge crush on David Charvet in the mid 90s. I was a total Matt/Summer shipper! That little blurb may never get back to him (and he might not care anyways) but there are all these guys that really deserve a nut punch for the way they treated women, and she unintentionally insults the one who did her no wrong. 

I’ve watched a few of Holly’s videos. I usually don’t watch long because I’m not that into makeup or fashion, but I really like how she clearly reads the comments and addresses them in her next video. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Tatum said:

9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The way Bobbie distinguished their looks:

• Bobbie-L.A. blonde...perfect for the rock n' roll videos.
  • Pamela-Trailer park Bridgitte Bardot

That seems a little harsh but Bobbie also acknowledges that of all the 90's blonde bombshell, Pam definitely is the most successful. Bobbie, herself admits that she did not have the work ethic to make the most of her opportunities.

Heck, even the GND was sort of copying the look that Pam made famous. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Tatum said:

I had a huge crush on David Charvet in the mid 90s. I was a total Matt/Summer shipper! That little blurb may never get back to him (and he might not care anyways) but there are all these guys that really deserve a nut punch for the way they treated women, and she unintentionally insults the one who did her no wrong. 

I’ve watched a few of Holly’s videos. I usually don’t watch long because I’m not that into makeup or fashion, but I really like how she clearly reads the comments and addresses them in her next video. 

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

The way Bobbie distinguished their looks:

• Bobbie-L.A. blonde...perfect for the rock n' roll videos.
  • Pamela-Trailer park Bridgitte Bardot

That seems a little harsh but Bobbie also acknowledges that of all the 90's blonde bombshell, Pam definitely is the most successful. Bobbie, herself admits that she did not have the work ethic to make the most of her opportunities.

Heck, even the GND was sort of copying the look that Pam made famous. 

Is Bobbie just very blunt? lol The comments about David and Pam seem kind of mean for not being off the cuff comments. I always loved Pamela's face, but I didn't love her styling either tbh. Brigitte Bardot's styling was absolutely flawless. She was sexy in a way that looked effortless. The blonde was a natural looking shade of blonde (even though she was brunette). The brows were not plucked to death. She loved her makeup, but you didn't just see makeup when you looked at her face. She didn't have cartoonish breasts or wear outrageous clothes. As a big Pam fan, sometimes I wish I could have gone back in time and managed her whole career. lol I think she's that beautiful and charming that she could have a bit more Marilyn & Brigitte Bardot than just a legendary sexpot (not that, that isn't cool in and of itself). 

For sure! So many women in the 90s were going for the Pam look. Brande Roderick, another Baywatch beauty and Playmate and girlfriend, based her look off of Brigitte Bardot and Pamela. She said she loved everything about Brigitte but also drew some inspiration from Pamela to look more modern. On Howard Stern, she also said she thought Pamela was the hottest woman in Hollywood and up there with Marilyn Monroe. 

Yup. Lots of blonde, boob, makeup, and tan. Holly said she based her look off Marilyn Monroe & Jean Harlow, but Hef's girlfriends usually had a bit of a Pam vibe.

Speaking of all this, Hef said Pamela was very similar looks-wise to Marilyn in an interview, but to be honest I don't see it beyond blonde. Their facial features don't look much alike at all. (I do see the Bardot resemblance.) Marilyn wore her hair short. Pam wears her hair very long and with extensions. Marilyn had signature red lips. (I will never get how Hef loved Marilyn's look so much when he thought red lipstick was so horrific.) Pamela's known for pinky nude lips. Marilyn kept her skin out of the sun because she "liked being blonde all over." Pamela loves the sun and being tan and would even ditch sunscreen despite growing up in an era where the sun was a no-no. Marilyn's body was curvy in a very normal way (not stick skinny, real boobs); Pamela is very toned/thin with very large breasts that are fake. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Speaking of all this, Hef said Pamela was very similar looks-wise to Marilyn in an interview, but to be honest I don't see it beyond blonde. Their facial features don't look much alike at all. (I do see the Bardot resemblance.)

I think Hef was just trying to spin some BS to link the magazine's past with its then-present. 

I know Pamela's Playboy pictorials were legendary at the time and I agree his girlfriends reminded me more of her than Marilyn.

I think it is fair to say that Pamela might have been the "Marilyn" of her time but never reached Marilyn's levels of talent or (Thank God) tragedy.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Is Bobbie just very blunt? lol The comments about David and Pam seem kind of mean for not being off the cuff comments.

Well, Pam said it, but Bobbie didn't have to repeat it in her book.

Sorry to veer off topic, I will be brief. Tommy Lee and Bobbie were out at some LA club and saw Pam there with some people Bobbie knew, so they all ended up sitting down together, and Pam was making a pretty obvious play for Tommy Lee (per Bobbie's book).  She mentioned that she was breaking up with her boyfriend, David Charvet,  soon because he had a pencil dick and Pam was over it. To me it just seemed like Bobbie wanted the readers to know that Pam was a disloyal opportunist, and poor David Charvet's alleged pencil dick was collateral damage :).

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Well, Pam said it, but Bobbie didn't have to repeat it in her book.

Sorry to veer off topic, I will be brief. Tommy Lee and Bobbie were out at some LA club and saw Pam there with some people Bobbie knew, so they all ended up sitting down together, and Pam was making a pretty obvious play for Tommy Lee (per Bobbie's book).  She mentioned that she was breaking up with her boyfriend, David Charvet,  soon because he had a pencil dick and Pam was over it. To me it just seemed like Bobbie wanted the readers to know that Pam was a disloyal opportunist, and poor David Charvet's alleged pencil dick was collateral damage :).

In Tommy Lee’s version, he was in a night club Pam owned( by himself)and she sent him a complimentary drink.

He then saw her at a booth with her friends and went over to thank her. He then licked her face because he was on drugs. She found it amusing and soon the whole table was doing it. She then went on location to shoot a pictorial and he followed her, uninvited.

She was pissed at first at first but eventually came around. I think that is when they eloped.

I might be remembering this wrong. It was in the Motley Crue book, The Dirt.

Also, I don’t how much we can believe a drugged up Tommy Lee.

The GNDs we’re lucky that they missed the era of 80’s rock stars. Those guys did not make good boyfriends or husbands.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, qtpye said:

I might be remembering this wrong. It was in the Motley Crue book, The Dirt.

Also, I don’t how much we can believe a drugged up Tommy Lee.

The GNDs we’re lucky that they missed the era of 80’s rock stars. Those guys did not make good boyfriends or husbands.

Both versions might be true. I get the impression the night Bobbie is talking about happened at least a few months before Pam and Tommy eloped, and I think they were only "dating" a few hours before they got married.

These guys were awful. I don't know about the other guys in hair bands (Slash seems like he might have been okay), but Motley Crue pretty much exclusively dated strippers and mud wrestlers. Something about that just seems so exploitative- like they basically wanted to "buy" girlfriends and wives. Come to think of it, not incredibly different than Hef in the Girls Next Door iteration. At least he was too frail at that point to actually beat his partners, which I suspect could not be said for either Tommy Lee or Vince Neil. Slash said in his book that Axl got pretty scary towards the groupies sometimes. These were dangerous men to party with.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Tatum said:

Both versions might be true. I get the impression the night Bobbie is talking about happened at least a few months before Pam and Tommy eloped, and I think they were only "dating" a few hours before they got married.

These guys were awful. I don't know about the other guys in hair bands (Slash seems like he might have been okay), but Motley Crue pretty much exclusively dated strippers and mud wrestlers. Something about that just seems so exploitative- like they basically wanted to "buy" girlfriends and wives. Come to think of it, not incredibly different than Hef in the Girls Next Door iteration. At least he was too frail at that point to actually beat his partners, which I suspect could not be said for either Tommy Lee or Vince Neil. Slash said in his book that Axl got pretty scary towards the groupies sometimes. These were dangerous men to party with.

The biggest irony is that I think that Tommy Lee is the one who got the clout from marrying Pamela and not the other way around.

Pamela's star was rising at the time and Motley Crue was starting to come off as cheesy has beens, when the grunge era hit.

I sometimes think that Tommy picked Pam over Bobbie because he knew she was more ambitious and wanted the publicity.

I think he recently got into a physical altercation with one of his sons with her. It does not seem like age is making him behave better.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Tatum said:

I think their choice of women makes sense for the lifestyle they were living. A woman with a 9-5 job can’t party all night or join them on tour. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

The biggest irony is that I think that Tommy Lee is the one who got the clout from marrying Pamela and not the other way around.

Pamela's star was rising at the time and Motley Crue was starting to come off as cheesy has beens, when the grunge era hit.

I sometimes think that Tommy picked Pam over Bobbie because he knew she was more ambitious and wanted the publicity.

I think he recently got into a physical altercation with one of his sons with her. It does not seem like age is making him behave better.

Yes! Pamela Anderson is more famous than Tommy Lee.

I think Jenna Jameson said Tommy was always in love with Pamela. I don't know as much about Bobbie, but I do see Pam's appeal beyond her looks. She's smart, sweet, charming, funny, just a really lovely personality. 

For any GND fans, I highly recommend watching Holly's commentary videos. She's getting more candid lately. lol

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes! Pamela Anderson is more famous than Tommy Lee.

I think Jenna Jameson said Tommy was always in love with Pamela. I don't know as much about Bobbie, but I do see Pam's appeal beyond her looks. She's smart, sweet, charming, funny, just a really lovely personality. 

For any GND fans, I highly recommend watching Holly's commentary videos. She's getting more candid lately. lol

Yes, I am really enjoying Holly’s videos.

Her commentary is interesting. She claims that she never wanted to marry Hef but did want children with him. She said the show made her look much more obsessed with him than she really was.

She recently did a video where she took her children to Disney Land for Christmas. I was happy that she kept them off camera and was not exploiting them. She seems like she would be a fun mom.

• Love 4

Can you imagine being obsessed with pirates  and your mom goes all out to get you a pirate themed room and everything?  And she is being more candid with the reactions.  I have to watch each twice on drop day 😅

• Love 4
On 1/4/2022 at 5:30 AM, qtpye said:

Yes, I am really enjoying Holly’s videos.

Her commentary is interesting. She claims that she never wanted to marry Hef but did want children with him. She said the show made her look much more obsessed with him than she really was.

She recently did a video where she took her children to Disney Land for Christmas. I was happy that she kept them off camera and was not exploiting them. She seems like she would be a fun mom.

Yes! I've read Holly's book and am a big enough fan that I understand her situation now. But I can see if you were a more casual GND fan and just remember Holly being like "Hef is always sweet! Puffin! Isn't it nice when it's just the two of us? I want to have a baby! Being in Playboy doesn't compare to being in love with Hef." I mean it was A LOT. So I totally get  why there are still a lot of people who are confused by what she says now. I also think it helps if you've been in her shoes before. Most of us have not been with Hef, but many of us have been in relationships we were scared to leave. 

I think so too. Holly's kids must have a blast with her. 

On 1/4/2022 at 12:35 PM, dariafan said:

Would Kendra be considered a pick me girl ???🤔

That's a good question. I hate to judge Kendra during her GND years because she was barely more than a kid. She definitely gives the "not like other girls" vibes though. I'm not offended if a woman points out the ways she's different. I feel like most of us do this to a degree. If Kendra prefers sports to shopping, doesn't want to be dolled up all the time, no problem. The pick me stuff is annoying when it's in a "I'm better and cooler than you" way. What sucks is our culture is basically like that. There's pressure to look feminine but not necessarily be feminine, at least not a girly girl. Too much makeup. Too much pink. Pop music, corny. Romance novels, trashy. Chick flicks, cheesy. A girl who looks like Barbie but is into traditionally masculine stuff? Totally cool. My guess is Kendra probably enjoyed being the hot blonde who"s one of the guys but was probably also pushed into a role much like Holly was.

• Love 5

Ya'll Holly designed a swan bed inspired by the V.C. Andrew's books!

I am enjoying some of her videos.

I always thought it was strange that Holly seemed to care (or had a strange obsession, depending on who you talk to ) abut Hef so much, but Hef always seemed to treat her with such disdain.

Hef seemed to treat the other girls, who were much open about wanting material things from him in exchange for companionship, much more nicely.

I know part of this was gaslighting to control her but he did not seem to appreciate her at all. He would make comments about how beautiful his girlfriends were but imply Holly was not good-looking until she got her nose job.

I have a friend who looks like a toned-down brunette version of the GNDs. She is very beautiful/accomplished and has never wanted for male attention.

She once revealed to me that the very few times that she made the first moves on guys (asked them out, etc.) she eventually got turned down.

She felt that it was because they got her so easily that they no longer regarded her as a "prize", even though that is a very objectifying way of looking at women.

I felt that this was the case with Hef (who of course made a living out of objectifying women). Holly was giving herself to him and not asking much for return and that caused someone like him to take her for granted.

This is just a theory I am putting out there...have no idea if that is the truth.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Ya'll Holly designed a swan bed inspired by the V.C. Andrew's books!

I am enjoying some of her videos.

I always thought it was strange that Holly seemed to care (or had a strange obsession, depending on who you talk to ) abut Hef so much, but Hef always seemed to treat her with such disdain.

Hef seemed to treat the other girls, who were much open about wanting material things from him in exchange for companionship, much more nicely.

I know part of this was gaslighting to control her but he did not seem to appreciate her at all. He would make comments about how beautiful his girlfriends were but imply Holly was not good-looking until she got her nose job.

I have a friend who looks like a toned-down brunette version of the GNDs. She is very beautiful/accomplished and has never wanted for male attention.

She once revealed to me that the very few times that she made the first moves on guys (asked them out, etc.) she eventually got turned down.

She felt that it was because they got her so easily that they no longer regarded her as a "prize", even though that is a very objectifying way of looking at women.

I felt that this was the case with Hef (who of course made a living out of objectifying women). Holly was giving herself to him and not asking much for return and that caused someone like him to take her for granted.

This is just a theory I am putting out there...have no idea if that is the truth.

I watched the video and am enjoying many of her videos as well!

I think there's a lot of truth to old school dating advice even if some it is sexist. (It's messed up for men to look down on women for having sex when they're having it too.) Men tend to enjoy being the hunters and like the chase. So I totally condemn slut shaming women who make the moves on men or don't wait for sex, but I get why so many dating gurus say men should do the asking out and to wait awhile before sex. It is more likely to lead to relationship success even if it shouldn't. 

My friend who's the biggest boy magnet was also turned down by the guy she asked out. It's like she could have anyone she wanted except the guys she noticed first. I've also known many pretty women who guys bore of very quickly if they "score" with right away. As a goody two shoes, I still get guys I never had anything with messaging me and wanting to be in my life. Men want what they can't get, at least not easily.

It's hard to tell with Hef. He often came across as a sweet old guy (as much as possible considering all of the obvious), but he had a cruel streak. Your partner should build you up, not put others on a pedestal and put you down. Holly may have become more photogenic and Playmate looking post plastic surgery, but she was still attractive before. Young, thin, beautiful skin, big brown eyes, just a super cute girl. But Hef compared her to other girlfriends and Playmates. Not cool. And I sort of get the people who are like, well Holly, what did you expect? I wouldn't expect someone like Hef to be deep or particularly respectful of women. He screamed shallow. He didn't even seem to appreciate the beauty of women who weren't stick thin with blonde hair and implants. (Some men are very superficial but least don't have a super specific standard of beauty.) But Holly was young and probably got a charming first impression of an icon. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
On 1/14/2022 at 4:45 PM, qtpye said:

I agree. Holly was unfortunately the most susceptible to his manipulations and therefore his primary target. I am sure Hef got off on how much he controlled her and he didn't have the energy to spend on more than one target.

I'm reminded of the narcissistic disordered parents who lavish attention on one child, not because they love that child the most, but because they are making a point to the other child. I don't think he was kinder to the other girls because he preferred them- this was a way to keep a division between them and Holly, his main prey. The other girls don't respect Holly desperately trying to please someone and always failing, and Holly resenting the other girls for gaining his approval so easily. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

I agree. Holly was unfortunately the most susceptible to his manipulations and therefore his primary target. I am sure Hef got off on how much he controlled her and he didn't have the energy to spend on more than one target.

I'm reminded of the narcissistic disordered parents who lavish attention on one child, not because they love that child the most, but because they are making a point to the other child. I don't think he was kinder to the other girls because he preferred them- this was a way to keep a division between them and Holly, his main prey. The other girls don't respect Holly desperately trying to please someone and always failing, and Holly resenting the other girls for gaining his approval so easily. 

Bingo!

Holly said that Hef would fully admit that he was a narcissist.

I think the more he put Holly down, the more she wanted to please him and he realized this early on.

The other girlfriends (with maybe the exception of Bridgette) sorta knew the game and were much more transactional in their interactions with him.

Luckily, Holly did not walk away empty handed. She seems to be doing well for herself financially, which is at least partially due to hey GND fame.

However, I do think part of her regrets spending so much of her youth with a man incapable of loving anyone beyond himself.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, qtpye said:

However, I do think part of her regrets spending so much of her youth with a man incapable of loving anyone beyond himself.

That, and I am not sure she really learned enough from it to not repeat the cycle a few more times.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

That, and I am not sure she really learned enough from it to not repeat the cycle a few more times.

It seems like she repeated with Kris Angel. I don’t know what happened in her marriage to comment about that.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think the more he put Holly down, the more she wanted to please him and he realized this early on.

The other girlfriends (with maybe the exception of Bridgette) sorta knew the game and were much more transactional in their interactions with him.

Luckily, Holly did not walk away empty handed. She seems to be doing well for herself financially, which is at least partially due to hey GND fame.

I wonder if Hef picked up on Holly being more insecure and easy to manipulate? Bridget always came across as a confident, happy person who just wanted to have fun. For whatever reason, Holly seemed like she sought validation more. I don't know if this has to do with their families, upbringings or what. I feel like if Hef put down Bridget, she'd just leave and go be with her family or do something else. Holly was more like, I must be good enough for Hugh Hefner! 

Yes, Holly definitely regrets that. I get it sucks to spend so many of the best years of your life with the wrong person. But it happens so often. I hope Holly knows how fortunate she is in so many ways. Lots of women get nothing out of their poor choices, are permanently linked if they have children, etc. Hopefully Holly's learned if a man doesn't appreciate all she offers, he's not worth her time, even if he's famous, rich, whatever. She's so beautiful, hardworking, and successful on her own now. I'd like to think the most charming, iconic person couldn't get away with Hef's behavior again. 

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, qtpye said:

So the documentary Secrets of Playboy is going to air tonight@ 9 on A&E.

Here is Holly answering some questions:

Thanks so much for the reminder! I missed most of the first episode, but what I've watched so far is really interesting. 

Holly is about to speak about her first night with Hef and looks so sad. 

I didn't see a thread for Secrets of Playboy. Should I make one, or shall those of us into Playboy gossip just discuss the Holly stuff here? 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5

I watched an interview with Kendra and Tamron Hall. It was a nice interview and she was promoting her new real estate show. Kendra, in many respects, is the least known of the three for The Girls Next Door today, mostly because she's done so many other reality shows. Of course there's Kendra on Top, but she also did a celebrity diving competition (does anyone else remember that?), Dancing with the Stars, and the VH1 family therapy show with her mother. I think she's smart to look for another career path, because reality tv isn't forever and I applaud her efforts to move into high-end real estate. 

She was asked about Playboy and why she didn't want to talk about anymore and she said Playboy, for her, was like college. You go to college for fun and partying. (She essentially said just that). And that after you finish college, you don't really talk about it, you move on. She left out that part about how you earn a degree. 

Now for me, growing up in the midwest, that's so far from my experience. I went to a Big 12 school and alumni were often on campus, at football games, and still proudly wore college merchandise to show their school support. 

She said a few things I really like. "I don't walk in shame" (when asked about Playboy) and "The secret (to co-parenting) is forgiveness." Truthfully, I can't imagine that Kendra came up with these statements herself because she's never been so eloquent. But I like the sentiments. 

But she's sort of leaving out some of the negative and nasty things she's said, mostly about Holly. She's making a conscious choice to rebrand herself, and there's nothing wrong with that. Her instagram is completely different today from a few years ago. She's deleted all her posts from prior to 2021. 

I wonder if part of her knows she crossed a line with her comments about Holly. By saying that she's moving on and doesn't want to talk about it, she doesn't have to take accountability.   

I'm just speculating and theorizing, because I don't think Kendra will talk about the new documentary. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I think Kendra has matured the last several years. As adults, we continue to grow, and we must keep in mind Kendra is the youngest of the three women. She might also struggle having the perfect answer in interviews-respecting Holly feeling so traumatized but also respecting Hef's memory because she credits him with saving her life. I think that's honestly one big difference between Kendra and Holly/Bridget. Kendra was barely more than a kid down a dark path. It wasn't her dream to be a Playmate or an actress. Even though I'm personally a bigger fan of Holly and Bridget, they saw Hef as more of a means to an end didn't need him the same way. Bridget was a lot older than Kendra and an educated woman with a loving family when she moved in. She would have been just fine without the mansion. Holly wasn't a whole lot older than Kendra was when she moved in, but she did have family she could go back to. She just didn't want to leave LA. She grew up idolizing Jenny McCarthy, and per her dad, her goals were to become famous and marry rich. I really think that's why Kendra doesn't want to bad mouth Hef. She's not sure if she'd even be here if it weren't for him.  What's ironic is the person who tried least hard to be a girlfriend and gave the least fucks about Playboy is the least salty now. And the women who wanted to become famous Playmates and live a certain lifestyle (in particular Holly) are now more negative about the situation. They all have a right to their own feelings of course, just interesting. It definitely sounds like for whatever reason, maybe because she was the main girlfriend, Hef played the most mind games with Holly. I think he had his moments of being an asshole to the others, but didn't go out of his way to put them down. It's sort of like kids who grew up with the same parents having entirely different recollections of their childhoods. One kid felt so loved and cherished, and the other kid felt neglected or even abused. 

• Love 5