Type keyword(s) to search

Girls Next Door - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

With Kendra and Hank, it almost seemed like a case of opposites attract.

I get what you mean. Honestly, I liked all the girls. Even with Kendra’s foul mouth, I don’t think she’s a bad person. I hope she does find love and security.

Haha I don’t blame you! I’m sure Holly must love that she has fans who wish she’d perform again or do another book. She always seemed appreciate of fans imo. I missed Peep Show, but I’d love to see her perform and am sure she’s great. And yeah I think Holly kills all things beauty and style related. I’d love a book, a beauty blog, YouTube channel, anything from her. 

I also hope she finds a nice guy. I know she enjoys a certain lifestyle, but it’s not worth it if the guy’s not genuinely loving. I think a nice, age appropriate doctor or something like that would be better than someone way older or who may be involved in get rich quick schemes. 

Bridget definitely got herself some nice arm candy! Good for her. I’m curious what her ex husband was like. 

I don't think Kendra is a bad person either. I think she's a severely damaged person who lacks self responsibility. She needs security and to fix herself. Where she annoys me so terribly is the crude antics, jumping from manufactured issue to manufactured issue to stay on tv instead of living a real life. Which I'm sure could be argued that what she does is real life for her and that makes me sad. 

Holly was one of the few Vegas performers at the meet and greets who didn't seem over it, like going through the motions to take photos so she could leave. Coco was too! 

Holly started blogging then stopped which was a bummer. Her YouTube is opening toys. I think she'd make a killing with beauty! 

Nick is hot. Every time they post a photo together I'm like whoa! Hot couple! 

Her ex seeemd like a nice guy but married too fast, too young. He didn't seem to care much for Hollywood life. In the one photo I've seen of him he looked like a laid back surfer dude. 

Edited by LemonSoda
Adding more
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I don't think Kendra is a bad person either. I think she's a severely damaged person who lacks self responsibility. She needs security and to fix herself. Where she annoys me so terribly is the crude antics, jumping from manufactured issue to manufactured issue to stay on tv instead of living a real life. Which I'm sure could be argued that what she does is real life for her and that makes me sad. 

Holly was one of the few Vegas performers at the meet and greets who didn't seem over it, like going through the motions to take photos so she could leave. Coco was too! 

Holly started blogging then stopped which was a bummer. Her YouTube is opening toys. I think she'd make a killing with beauty! 

Nick is hot. Every time they post a photo together I'm like whoa! Hot couple! 

Her ex seeemd like a nice guy but married too fast, too young. He didn't seem to care much for Hollywood life. In the one photo I've seen of him he looked like a laid back surfer dude. 

You’re dead on about Kendra.

Aw I love that about Holly. I also read she was very appreciate of her Dancing with the Stars opportunity. Lots of the stars complain because dance is difficult, they practice a ton, their feet swell up, etc. It’s not all pretty costumes and spray tans. I think it was Carrie Ann who said Holly was very sweet and showed no diva behavior at all.

I remember her blog! I wish she still did it. She does YouTube now? I didn’t know! I’ll have to check that out. Yeah Holly should really work in beauty if she doesn’t perform. 

Interesting! I’ve never seen Bridget’s ex. I remember lots of people were shocked she was technically married but also Hef’s girlfriend.

• Love 4
On 8/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, RealHousewife said:

Aw I love that about Holly. I also read she was very appreciate of her Dancing with the Stars opportunity. Lots of the stars complain because dance is difficult, they practice a ton, their feet swell up, etc. It’s not all pretty costumes and spray tans. I think it was Carrie Ann who said Holly was very sweet and showed no diva behavior at all.

I think at that time she was so hungry for something, anything that gave the opportunity to prove herself. Plus the performance seed had been planted years before when She first saw burlesque. DWTS was a great boot camp to get her foot in to the door of the life she wanted for herself. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I think at that time she was so hungry for something, anything that gave the opportunity to prove herself. Plus the performance seed had been planted years before when She first saw burlesque. DWTS was a great boot camp to get her foot in to the door of the life she wanted for herself. 

She says this in her book Down the Rabbit Hole. I follow her on instagram and her life seems positive, but who knows with social media. 

Does anybody still watch the show? I have it on while I'm cleaning. :) It helps me focus for 20 minutes. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

That all makes sense. I wonder if she still feels like she has to prove herself. I always wished Bridget got to do the show. 

8 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

She says this in her book Down the Rabbit Hole. I follow her on instagram and her life seems positive, but who knows with social media. 

Does anybody still watch the show? I have it on while I'm cleaning. 🙂 It helps me focus for 20 minutes. 

I have all the DVD’s for seasons 1-5, but I haven’t watched them in a long time. If it were on my DVR or Netflix I’d probably be more likely to rewatch. I am lazy about putting DVD’s in and remembering what episode I was on. Lol 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

Does anybody still watch the show? I have it on while I'm cleaning. 🙂 It helps me focus for 20 minutes. 

Who knows with social media? She seems to be repeating patterns though. 

I keep it on sometimes for background noise. I like listening to the commentary too! 

We’ve talked about her makeup before but in the most recent mirror selfies, I was surprised to see a lot of Maybelline! 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Who knows with social media? She seems to be repeating patterns though. 

I keep it on sometimes for background noise. I like listening to the commentary too! 

We’ve talked about her makeup before but in the most recent mirror selfies, I was surprised to see a lot of Maybelline! 

The show really is soothing. So feel good. I wish there were more shows out there like that. 

Holly's mentioned using Coty powder and L'oreal products too. I love that she uses some drugstore beauty products!

• Love 2
On 1/13/2020 at 10:35 PM, RealHousewife said:

The show really is soothing. So feel good. I wish there were more shows out there like that. 

Holly's mentioned using Coty powder and L'oreal products too. I love that she uses some drugstore beauty products!

Me too! That Coty powder is awesome! 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I bought it after Holly blogged about it. lol I adore her looks that much. She is a flawless beauty. 

In the recent makeup mirror selfie I spotted: MAC fast response eye cream, Maybelline Fit Me foundations, a Frankie Rose palette, a Cinema Secrets compact, Benefit The Porefessional and an It cosmetics CC cream. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

In the recent makeup mirror selfie I spotted: MAC fast response eye cream, Maybelline Fit Me foundations, a Frankie Rose palette, a Cinema Secrets compact, Benefit The Porefessional and an It cosmetics CC cream. 

Oooh thanks! I remember during GND she mentioned using Cinema Secrets foundation, and on Holly's World she mentioned being a fan of MAC's eye cream. 

• Love 2
On 1/18/2020 at 10:42 AM, RealHousewife said:

Oooh thanks! I remember during GND she mentioned using Cinema Secrets foundation, and on Holly's World she mentioned being a fan of MAC's eye cream. 

There’s an art to what she does! 

• Love 3

In this time of self-quarantine and uncertainty, I have been binging episodes of this show. Despite Holly's book ripping the curtain away (and I completely believe much of what she said), there is something about it that was genuinely comforting.

I was Googling Bridget and got obsessed with her new podcast, Ghost Magnet, which explores paranormal happenings around LA and other places, plus interviews with people who have had paranormal experiences. Holly did two episodes, one of which was a seance in her house! The very first episode of the podcast featured Brian the Butler, who was one of my favorite GND minor characters. He had some really interesting ghost stories about the mansion. She also interviews McKenzie Westmore, Shanna Moakler, and visits Zak Bagans' museum (no mention of him being Holly's boyfriend). Since I'm cooped up at home along with everyone else, I've been binging while spring cleaning. It's not the career that I envisioned her with (hosting a show or even doing the podcast as a TV show would be more what I thought), but she seems to have found her niche.

It's really too bad that the trio is pretty much just a duo now. As much of a mess as Kendra  is and was, I believe there was once genuine affection there, and now she doesn't even follow either of them on Instagram or vice versa. Holly's hilarious efforts on the show to hide how much Kendra annoyed her was totally relatable - like having a coworker you can't stand but have to play nice with.

What exactly does Holly do nowadays except post photoshoots on Insta? I read somewhere she's working on a fiction book, but anyone know what else?

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

In this time of self-quarantine and uncertainty, I have been binging episodes of this show. Despite Holly's book ripping the curtain away (and I completely believe much of what she said), there is something about it that was genuinely comforting.

I was Googling Bridget and got obsessed with her new podcast, Ghost Magnet, which explores paranormal happenings around LA and other places, plus interviews with people who have had paranormal experiences. Since I'm cooped up at home along with everyone else, I've been binging while spring cleaning. It's not the career that I envisioned her with (hosting a show or even doing the podcast as a TV show would be more what I thought), but she seems to have found her niche.

It's really too bad that the trio is pretty much just a duo now. As much of a mess as Kendra  is and was, I believe there was once genuine affection there, and now she doesn't even follow either of them on Instagram or vice versa. Holly's hilarious efforts on the show to hide how much Kendra annoyed her was totally relatable - like having a coworker you can't stand but have to play nice with.

What exactly does Holly do nowadays except post photoshoots on Insta? I read somewhere she's working on a fiction book, but anyone know what else?

I do think it's cool that Holly and Bridget are still friends. And from social media, it seems like they both still have some friends from their Playboy days. I don't follow Kendra, so I don't know if she does, too. 

I keep this on in the background while I clean and Holly's annoyance at Kendra is more noticeable now. But by the last season, they both seemed to have settled into a comfortable dynamic. It's so strange that Kendra really went scorched earth against Holly after her (Holly's) book came out. 

Someone asked Holly recently on instagram if she would do another Vegas show and she said no, because it wouldn't fit into her kid's schedule. Which is probably true. She also recently mentioned working on a fiction book. 

• Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I was Googling Bridget and got obsessed with her new podcast, Ghost Magnet, which explores paranormal happenings around LA and other places, plus interviews with people who have had paranormal experiences. Holly did two episodes, one of which was a seance in her house! The very first episode of the podcast featured Brian the Butler, who was one of my favorite GND minor characters. He had some really interesting ghost stories about the mansion. She also interviews McKenzie Westmore, Shanna Moakler, and visits Zak Bagans' museum (no mention of him being Holly's boyfriend). Since I'm cooped up at home along with everyone else, I've been binging while spring cleaning. It's not the career that I envisioned her with (hosting a show or even doing the podcast as a TV show would be more what I thought), but she seems to have found her niche.

I've been thinking of getting my DVD's out but haven't yet. The show really is so comforting. 

I liked Brian too! I bet the girls loved having a cute young butler around. 

I've been cleaning a lot too while I have the TV on. It's kind of nice even though I yearn for human interaction.

Agreed. The show was huge. A lot of us didn't know much about Playboy until Girls Next Door. It's sad all three of them aren't bonded for life. I'm not too surprised about Kendra, as even immediately after the girls left Hef one by one, she said they all dated the same guy, nothing more. She's a very different person from Bridget and Holly, so I get not being besties forever, but I wish they were on friendlier terms. They all had the unique experience of being this iconic man's girlfriends, a lot of parties and holidays, doing a show for the first time together, becoming famous together, and traveling to countries they'd never been to together. That's a lot.

I'm not sure. I know being a mother to two little ones is a lot of work. I'm sure Holly probably also spends time at the salon, working out and stuff. Isn't she 40 now? She still looks model perfect. As Holly said back then, it takes work being beautiful.

8 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

I do think it's cool that Holly and Bridget are still friends. And from social media, it seems like they both still have some friends from their Playboy days. I don't follow Kendra, so I don't know if she does, too. 

I keep this on in the background while I clean and Holly's annoyance at Kendra is more noticeable now. But by the last season, they both seemed to have settled into a comfortable dynamic. It's so strange that Kendra really went scorched earth against Holly after her (Holly's) book came out. 

Someone asked Holly recently on instagram if she would do another Vegas show and she said no, because it wouldn't fit into her kid's schedule. Which is probably true. She also recently mentioned working on a fiction book. 

I like that Holly and Bridget are still friends too. I'm not sure what Kendra's up to either. It's been awhile since she had a show, right? I did find her shows pretty entertaining. 

I remember Holly's annoyance. A lot of viewers commented on it back when the show was on. Yeah towards the end of filming they seemed friendlier, not so competitive with one another anymore, then Kendra was done with Holly and Bridget post show. Kendra took it really far saying what she did about Holly. It said more about Kendra than it did Holly as far as I'm concerned. 

I'm glad Holly experienced being this famous showgirl when she was young and single! She really wanted to be famous and experience glamour. Hopefully she's still enjoying life and having fun even if she's not in front of the camera or on stage. I never saw Peep Show, but @LemonSoda said she was an awesome performer. Maybe she'll get back to some type of performing when her kids are a little older.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
On 3/31/2020 at 11:12 AM, RealHousewife said:

I'm glad Holly experienced being this famous showgirl when she was young and single! She really wanted to be famous and experience glamour. Hopefully she's still enjoying life and having fun even if she's not in front of the camera or on stage. I never saw Peep Show, but @LemonSoda said she was an awesome performer. Maybe she'll get back to some type of performing when her kids are a little older.

My heart sank a bit when I read that Q&A because I’d really love to see her perform again. She turns 41 this year but to me she hasn’t aged since the GND. Maybe she’ll do something in a limited run over Summer break sometime. 
I still wish she had lived the single and performer life a little longer. 

I was going to msg you to see if you saw that she made our wish happen! She’s doing beauty on YouTube! 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

My heart sank a bit when I read that Q&A because I’d really love to see her perform again. She turns 41 this year but to me she hasn’t aged since the GND. Maybe she’ll do something in a limited run over Summer break sometime. 
I still wish she had lived the single and performer life a little longer. 

I was going to msg you to see if you saw that she made our wish happen! She’s doing beauty on YouTube! 

I know. I never got to see her perform and would definitely love to! Holly does look amazing, doesn't she? It would be awesome if she could perform now and then, especially if it's a passion. :)

Yeah, it's more tricky to try to make all your dreams come true as a woman unfortunately. Guys have it so much easier. They can wait longer to start a family, their bodies don't go through what a mother's does, and they're not judged if they're still putting a time of time into their dreams. People judge Erika Jayne a lot for leaving her child, but some make the good point that no one would say anything if she were a man. My heart aches for Bridget regarding her fertility struggle.

You are so sweet! Thank you for telling me. It's so awesome this happened! Maybe we can manifest some more stuff for her to do? 😂 Haha, I just really want her to be happy, whether that's work in fashion/beauty, reality TV, performing on stage, whatever brings her joy. 

• Love 3
On 5/30/2020 at 12:36 PM, RealHousewife said:

I know. I never got to see her perform and would definitely love to! Holly does look amazing, doesn't she? It would be awesome if she could perform now and then, especially if it's a passion. 🙂

Yeah, it's more tricky to try to make all your dreams come true as a woman unfortunately. Guys have it so much easier. They can wait longer to start a family, their bodies don't go through what a mother's does, and they're not judged if they're still putting a time of time into their dreams. People judge Erika Jayne a lot for leaving her child, but some make the good point that no one would say anything if she were a man. My heart aches for Bridget regarding her fertility struggle.

You are so sweet! Thank you for telling me. It's so awesome this happened! Maybe we can manifest some more stuff for her to do? 😂 Haha, I just really want her to be happy, whether that's work in fashion/beauty, reality TV, performing on stage, whatever brings her joy. 

Truth about Erika! I think about that a lot only because it’s usually the first thing used to insult her but we don’t know the truth and no one questions him. No one questions where Harry’s son was when he was building a life with Rinna. No one does it to men. But this is another conversation. 

I feel badly for Bridget and Nick too. She would be the most extra Mom in all good ways. Could you imagine the theme birthday parties she could pull off? (On a low budget at that! I know she had the Beaches show which deserved another season but I think she should’ve had a party planning type show.) 

We should! Hmm maybe we can manifest a podcast for her or something? 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Truth about Erika! I think about that a lot only because it’s usually the first thing used to insult her but we don’t know the truth and no one questions him. No one questions where Harry’s son was when he was building a life with Rinna. No one does it to men. But this is another conversation. 

I feel badly for Bridget and Nick too. She would be the most extra Mom in all good ways. Could you imagine the theme birthday parties she could pull off? (On a low budget at that! I know she had the Beaches show which deserved another season but I think she should’ve had a party planning type show.) 

We should! Hmm maybe we can manifest a podcast for her or something? 

Yeah, definitely double standards.

I know right! Bridget would be especially fun with a daughter because she's so girlie. That kid would have the coolest parties, the pinkest bedroom, and the cutest clothes. And yeah, she'd do it by being creative and not spending like a Real Housewife. I wonder if she'd consider adopting. I truly think she'd be such a wonderful mom in addition to being plain fun. Who wouldn't want a sweet, upbeat mother?

Haha I'd definitely listen to it! Listening to the girls commentary on the DVD's was fun, at least Bridget and Holly. I know I mentioned it awhile back, but Kendra hated doing it. lol

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah, definitely double standards.

I know right! Bridget would be especially fun with a daughter because she's so girlie. That kid would have the coolest parties, the pinkest bedroom, and the cutest clothes. And yeah, she'd do it by being creative and not spending like a Real Housewife. I wonder if she'd consider adopting. I truly think she'd be such a wonderful mom in addition to being plain fun. Who wouldn't want a sweet, upbeat mother?

Haha I'd definitely listen to it! Listening to the girls commentary on the DVD's was fun, at least Bridget and Holly. I know I mentioned it awhile back, but Kendra hated doing it. lol

Definite double standards! 

I love how much effort Bridget would put in to everything. Birthdays, Baby showers, even just Fun in the Sun days at the mansion. 

Kendra seems to hate anything and everything requiring effort. She has no work ethic. I know I ranted about it a few pages ago but she hasn’t really done anything to sustain herself through the ebb and flow of life. Reality tv and tabloid headlines don’t last forever. I understand she has a lot of problems, is stunted and didn’t have the best parenting. But she’s had so many resources available to her over the years to help herself. It’s sad. Not making the $1m a year anymore? Downsize (Bridget did) Get real therapy, not tv therapy. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Definite double standards! 

I love how much effort Bridget would put in to everything. Birthdays, Baby showers, even just Fun in the Sun days at the mansion. 

Kendra seems to hate anything and everything requiring effort. She has no work ethic. I know I ranted about it a few pages ago but she hasn’t really done anything to sustain herself through the ebb and flow of life. Reality tv and tabloid headlines don’t last forever. I understand she has a lot of problems, is stunted and didn’t have the best parenting. But she’s had so many resources available to her over the years to help herself. It’s sad. Not making the $1m a year anymore? Downsize (Bridget did) Get real therapy, not tv therapy. 

Bridget would probably be a great party planner!

I'm curious what Kendra would be doing if she didn't have the looks to model or strip, attract Hugh Hefner, do Girls Next Door, and the subsequent reality shows. She's lucky she fell into this cycle of making lot of money in the first place. I remember she was a sporty girl and for awhile working out and staying fit were extremely important to her. She seemed like she would have made a great personal trainer. But even that requires some work and isn't going to give her a baller lifestyle. 

I didn't know Bridget downsized, but I bet she's still a happy person. It was kind of funny we saw such a contrast on GND between Bridget and Kendra. Bridget is a worker. That shows in everything from her continuing her education while she was a girlfriend, how clean she kept her bedroom there, the time and effort she'd put into her gifts and the parties. She wasn't about just partying and relaxing all the time. I thought perhaps the age difference played into it, but I don't know if Kendra's changed since... 

Also, Bridget is like me in that she's a girlie girl who appreciates the finer things in life, but she doesn't need everything to be expensive. I totally see her happy living in a cute but quaint home, filled with things that are feminine and fun but not designer. I remember her splurging on some stuff, but she wasn't about Louis Vutton this and Roberto Cavalli that. She said Mandalay and Wheels & Dollbaby were two lines that were the closest to designer that she really liked. 

Holly was more into the finer things in life than Bridget was, but she was and is also more of a worker than Kendra. (Kendra didn't even like doing interviews promoting the show.) Holly did rely on her looks a lot in her youth like Kendra did (from Hooters to Hef's GF, to showgirl). But I think she's someone who'd make something of herself one way or another.  Beginning a youtube channel now is something. I also like that she seems mindful of money saving. Even in her youtube channel, she makes a point to include a bunch of affordable products. 

I wonder if Kendra has thought about becoming a youtuber? She does have an interesting life and can be funny. Hmm.

I totally agree about the real therapy too. 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Bridget would probably be a great party planner!

I'm curious what Kendra would be doing if she didn't have the looks to model or strip, attract Hugh Hefner, do Girls Next Door, and the subsequent reality shows. She's lucky she fell into this cycle of making lot of money in the first place. I remember she was a sporty girl and for awhile working out and staying fit were extremely important to her. She seemed like she would have made a great personal trainer. But even that requires some work and isn't going to give her a baller lifestyle. 

I didn't know Bridget downsized, but I bet she's still a happy person. It was kind of funny we saw such a contrast on GND between Bridget and Kendra. Bridget is a worker. That shows in everything from her continuing her education while she was a girlfriend, how clean she kept her bedroom there, the time and effort she'd put into her gifts and the parties. She wasn't about just partying and relaxing all the time. I thought perhaps the age difference played into it, but I don't know if Kendra's changed since... 

Also, Bridget is like me in that she's a girlie girl who appreciates the finer things in life, but she doesn't need everything to be expensive. I totally see her happy living in a cute but quaint home, filled with things that are feminine and fun but not designer. I remember her splurging on some stuff, but she wasn't about Louis Vutton this and Roberto Cavalli that. She said Mandalay and Wheels & Dollbaby were two lines that were the closest to designer that she really liked. 

Holly was more into the finer things in life than Bridget was, but she was and is also more of a worker than Kendra. (Kendra didn't even like doing interviews promoting the show.) Holly did rely on her looks a lot in her youth like Kendra did (from Hooters to Hef's GF, to showgirl). But I think she's someone who'd make something of herself one way or another.  Beginning a youtube channel now is something. I also like that she seems mindful of money saving. Even in her youtube channel, she makes a point to include a bunch of affordable products. 

I wonder if Kendra has thought about becoming a youtuber? She does have an interesting life and can be funny. Hmm.

I totally agree about the real therapy too. 

Honestly? From the path she was on, I think it would be very, very grim. Many thought it was dramatic of her to say but I 100% believe her when she says Hef saved her life. 
She had amazing abs! Not sure if you were on TWoP or the old E! forums but everyone felt she would’ve been amazing in the fitness industry. Later after leaving the house she had that workout video and the stripper pole but didn’t keep up the momentum on either. She lacked the work ethic to make anything happen. Which is a shame because I think it would’ve done wonders for her self worth. 

Bridget sold her big house now they’re in a condo. She still kept a lot of her fun furniture though. Even with the Porsche (sold too!) she never seemed materialistic or in to brands. I thought that was very admirable considering the things she had access to. 

Holly has a lot of drive. When I read her book and she mentioned Hawaiian Tropic, and other Pre-mansion opportunities I honestly wondered what would’ve happened if she had stuck it out on her own instead of moving in to the mansion. I know I sound crazy but I think another six months or a year and she would’ve made it on her own, without the Playboy past that still unfortunately closed doors on her. She has that drive and work ethic. 

Who knows? Again, that requires effort. You have to record the videos, edit and upload. I can’t see Kendra doing that on her own. And using an agency to do it takes a big cut so it wouldn’t be as profitable as it could. 

• Love 3

I know it's none of my business, but I wonder where they all are with finances. I remember reading somewhere that Bridget bought her house either while she was still living at the mansion or shortly after. Then a few years later she downsized to a condo. (No judgement here). Holly bought a house in LA while she was (I think) on the show, but didn't live there, of course. And it looks like she's had the same house in Las Vegas for many years. Kendra bought a condo on the show and a house when she left. I have no idea if she still has them. I'm guessing Holly did very well when she was in Peepshow (and she did that for a couple of years, right?). Plus she's sold two books. Kendra's also done a couple of books, but most likely had to pay for a ghostwriter. No idea if Holly needed one.  

• Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Honestly? From the path she was on, I think it would be very, very grim. Many thought it was dramatic of her to say but I 100% believe her when she says Hef saved her life. 
She had amazing abs! Not sure if you were on TWoP or the old E! forums but everyone felt she would’ve been amazing in the fitness industry. Later after leaving the house she had that workout video and the stripper pole but didn’t keep up the momentum on either. She lacked the work ethic to make anything happen. Which is a shame because I think it would’ve done wonders for her self worth. 

Bridget sold her big house now they’re in a condo. She still kept a lot of her fun furniture though. Even with the Porsche (sold too!) she never seemed materialistic or in to brands. I thought that was very admirable considering the things she had access to. 

Holly has a lot of drive. When I read her book and she mentioned Hawaiian Tropic, and other Pre-mansion opportunities I honestly wondered what would’ve happened if she had stuck it out on her own instead of moving in to the mansion. I know I sound crazy but I think another six months or a year and she would’ve made it on her own, without the Playboy past that still unfortunately closed doors on her. She has that drive and work ethic. 

Who knows? Again, that requires effort. You have to record the videos, edit and upload. I can’t see Kendra doing that on her own. And using an agency to do it takes a big cut so it wouldn’t be as profitable as it could. 

I can actually see that. One thing I liked about Kendra is her affection for Hef was genuine. It wasn't something forced just for show. As bizarre a relationship as it was, I remember when she went back to visit Hef after everything that happened with Hank, and you could tell the poor girl just wanted love and support from someone. Hef and Kendra weren't a traditional boyfriend and girlfriend. I'm not saying he'd be instantly drawn to her if she weren't a young busty blonde or that she'd be his girlfriend if he weren't a famous millionaire, but there was still somehow a sweetness there.

Kendra did have amazing abs! Yeah the fitness industry would have been great for her. I was indeed on TWoP. I loved that board! I may have joined once GND was over, not sure. I also remember the e forums, but I don't think I ever joined or posted. It's been so long my memory isn't totally clear. Those for fun TV years though! 

Bridget's Porsche was so hot, and she was so excited about it. I love Holly but remember she was like, it's Beverly Hills, no biggie. lol Bridget never got jaded. It was very endearing. 

I can see that too! There was something special about Holly. She had the flawless Barbie doll looks, was ambitious and intelligent. She joked once that the only thing she had to worry about with Hef was that her IQ is a little higher than he likes. lol 

True. I hope she gets it together. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, TrixieTrue said:

I know it's none of my business, but I wonder where they all are with finances. I remember reading somewhere that Bridget bought her house either while she was still living at the mansion or shortly after. Then a few years later she downsized to a condo. (No judgement here). Holly bought a house in LA while she was (I think) on the show, but didn't live there, of course. And it looks like she's had the same house in Las Vegas for many years. Kendra bought a condo on the show and a house when she left. I have no idea if she still has them. I'm guessing Holly did very well when she was in Peepshow (and she did that for a couple of years, right?). Plus she's sold two books. Kendra's also done a couple of books, but most likely had to pay for a ghostwriter. No idea if Holly needed one.  

Of all of them, Holly is the best off financially, I think. Pasquale was and is LOADED. I'm sure she'd be fine on her own, but she never has to work again if she wants, I bet. Which is kind of what is happening, since all I've seen of her the past few years is doing Instagram photo shoots.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TrixieTrue said:

10 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Of all of them, Holly is the best off financially, I think. Pasquale was and is LOADED. I'm sure she'd be fine on her own, but she never has to work again if she wants, I bet. Which is kind of what is happening, since all I've seen of her the past few years is doing Instagram photo shoots.

It's not just you Trixie. A lot of us are curious what happens when these reality stars make such good money then it suddenly stops. 

Wasn't Pasquale in some sort of legal trouble? Anyone know what happened with that? 

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I can actually see that. One thing I liked about Kendra is her affection for Hef was genuine. It wasn't something forced just for show. As bizarre a relationship as it was, I remember when she went back to visit Hef after everything that happened with Hank, and you could tell the poor girl just wanted love and support from someone. Hef and Kendra weren't a traditional boyfriend and girlfriend. I'm not saying he'd be instantly drawn to her if she weren't a young busty blonde or that she'd be his girlfriend if he weren't a famous millionaire, but there was still somehow a sweetness there.

Kendra did have amazing abs! Yeah the fitness industry would have been great for her. I was indeed on TWoP. I loved that board! I may have joined once GND was over, not sure. I also remember the e forums, but I don't think I ever joined or posted. It's been so long my memory isn't totally clear. Those for fun TV years though! 

Bridget's Porsche was so hot, and she was so excited about it. I love Holly but remember she was like, it's Beverly Hills, no biggie. lol Bridget never got jaded. It was very endearing. 

I can see that too! There was something special about Holly. She had the flawless Barbie doll looks, was ambitious and intelligent. She joked once that the only thing she had to worry about with Hef was that her IQ is a little higher than he likes. lol 

True. I hope she gets it together. 

I think Hef, as superficial as it all seemed gave her a security and safety net that no one else in her life had done before. I think their affection was genuine. 
The E! Forums were crazy! A lot of former gf’s got the place shut down. 
Holly had her custom Porsche Cayenne for a while so she didn’t get the excitement. I remember thinking it was an off mood day for Holly because usually she was supportive of Bridget’s excitement. 

27 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Holly made millions from Peepshow, Vegas appearances. She took some real estate investment courses, owns properties, still has the original house she bought. Not sure how much she received in the divorce, if anything but she’s been good with money and most of her belongings, that dream closet is still at the house they shared. It’s a unique situation. She’s been busy with kids, her current boyfriend and writing. 

17 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

It's not just you Trixie. A lot of us are curious what happens when these reality stars make such good money then it suddenly stops. 

Wasn't Pasquale in some sort of legal trouble? Anyone know what happened with that? 

So many go broke because they aren’t smart with it, or end up doing a lot of stupid jobs to keep the money rolling in. 

IIRC he pleaded no contest and paid a fine right around the time Forest was born. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

I think Hef, as superficial as it all seemed gave her a security and safety net that no one else in her life had done before. I think their affection was genuine. 
The E! Forums were crazy! A lot of former gf’s got the place shut down. 
Holly had her custom Porsche Cayenne for a while so she didn’t get the excitement. I remember thinking it was an off mood day for Holly because usually she was supportive of Bridget’s excitement. 

Holly made millions from Peepshow, Vegas appearances. She took some real estate investment courses, owns properties, still has the original house she bought. Not sure how much she received in the divorce, if anything but she’s been good with money and most of her belongings, that dream closet is still at the house they shared. It’s a unique situation. She’s been busy with kids, her current boyfriend and writing. 

So many go broke because they aren’t smart with it, or end up doing a lot of stupid jobs to keep the money rolling in. 

IIRC he pleaded no contest and paid a fine right around the time Forest was born. 

Exactly. LOL that's kind of funny. I wonder which former girlfriends were on the E! forums. I think Holly even mentioned one of them in a youtube video. 

Yeah Holly said she loved how Bridget got super excited about stuff. I'm actually like Holly in that I don't jump up and down and squeal out of excitement for much. It doesn't mean I'm not grateful for what I have or not happy for others good fortune. Just more reserved. I'm sure Holly didn't mean to put down Bridget or her car. You're right probably an off day and didn't mean to come across negative about a positive thing.

Didn't Holly want to be a real estate agent in her 20's? I remember reading about her interest in French and real estate too. 

I don't know how Mike Sorrentino has that big, beautiful home because I thought he lost a ton of money. I wonder what Laurens does! lol

Ahh I see. Well I'm glad Holly and Pasquale don't have drama with each other and that the family is doing well financially. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. LOL that's kind of funny. I wonder which former girlfriends were on the E! forums. I think Holly even mentioned one of them in a youtube video. 

Yeah Holly said she loved how Bridget got super excited about stuff. I'm actually like Holly in that I don't jump up and down and squeal out of excitement for much. It doesn't mean I'm not grateful for what I have or not happy for others good fortune. Just more reserved. I'm sure Holly didn't mean to put down Bridget or her car. You're right probably an off day and didn't mean to come across negative about a positive thing.

Didn't Holly want to be a real estate agent in her 20's? I remember reading about her interest in French and real estate too. 

I don't know how Mike Sorrentino has that big, beautiful home because I thought he lost a ton of money. I wonder what Laurens does! lol

Ahh I see. Well I'm glad Holly and Pasquale don't have drama with each other and that the family is doing well financially. 

They were all on there! Under multiple names. Izabella and Tiffany were the most critical. Even non girlfriends who hung out at the mansion were posting, it was insanity. The Yahoo groups were crazy too! 

I agree! I also think some of it could’ve been the editing ghosts! I don’t think she meant anything by it and at times seemed a little uh I should’ve said something differently! In one of her books she mentioned producer manipulation sometimes putting her in a bad mood or just general mansion discomfort. I remember feeling badly for her when she thought having her own show would give more control but it didn’t.  

I don’t know if she wanted to be an agent or investor but she was interested in it. She took the courses. 

LOL! I don’t know what Lauren’s does but I said the same thing! That’s a gorgeous home! But it’s less about buying it than it is maintaining it long term. That’s the financial trap so many get caught up in. 

Me too! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

They were all on there! Under multiple names. Izabella and Tiffany were the most critical. Even non girlfriends who hung out at the mansion were posting, it was insanity. The Yahoo groups were crazy too! 

I agree! I also think some of it could’ve been the editing ghosts! I don’t think she meant anything by it and at times seemed a little uh I should’ve said something differently! In one of her books she mentioned producer manipulation sometimes putting her in a bad mood or just general mansion discomfort. I remember feeling badly for her when she thought having her own show would give more control but it didn’t.  

I don’t know if she wanted to be an agent or investor but she was interested in it. She took the courses. 

LOL! I don’t know what Lauren’s does but I said the same thing! That’s a gorgeous home! But it’s less about buying it than it is maintaining it long term. That’s the financial trap so many get caught up in. 

Me too! 

Those boards sound so juicy! I don't think I knew about them when all that was going on. I thought Izabella was going to write another book but don't think she did. Did she ever practice law? It seems like there are so many who study it then give it up. I looked up her Instagram, and it says she saves dogs. Tiffany is an aesthetic nurse and brunette now. The dark hair looks really pretty on her. She had the Pam Anderson vibe Hef loved back then. Now she looks more exotic. I wonder what happened to some of the other girlfriends/Playmates of that era. Sadly a beautiful Playmate named Ashley Mattingly committed suicide not too long ago. 😞

I see that with Holly too. I think she's a sweet person and sometimes the delivery came off differently than how she meant it. I think that's one reason Holly wrote the book. She was tired of feeling misunderstood.

Bridget is such a sweetie pie, but do you remember her comment about encouraging shots and getting a kick out of the Playmates not looking their best in the pictorials? lol Editors will not leave out a single catty or bad mood moment, but you know they have lots of footage of you being perfectly nice and perky. 

I see. One of Hef's other exes, Brande Roderick, is a realtor now. 

So true! It can be tempting buying a gorgeous home when you technically could, but living beyond your means isn't a good idea. What's happened with the pandemic is a reminder that it's smart to always have a good amount of money saved in the event you cannot work. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Those boards sound so juicy! I don't think I knew about them when all that was going on. I thought Izabella was going to write another book but don't think she did. Did she ever practice law? It seems like there are so many who study it then give it up. I looked up her Instagram, and it says she saves dogs. Tiffany is an aesthetic nurse and brunette now. The dark hair looks really pretty on her. She had the Pam Anderson vibe Hef loved back then. Now she looks more exotic. I wonder what happened to some of the other girlfriends/Playmates of that era. Sadly a beautiful Playmate named Ashley Mattingly committed suicide not too long ago. 😞

I see that with Holly too. I think she's a sweet person and sometimes the delivery came off differently than how she meant it. I think that's one reason Holly wrote the book. She was tired of feeling misunderstood.

Bridget is such a sweetie pie, but do you remember her comment about encouraging shots and getting a kick out of the Playmates not looking their best in the pictorials? lol Editors will not leave out a single catty or bad mood moment, but you know they have lots of footage of you being perfectly nice and perky. 

I see. One of Hef's other exes, Brande Roderick, is a realtor now. 

So true! It can be tempting buying a gorgeous home when you technically could, but living beyond your means isn't a good idea. What's happened with the pandemic is a reminder that it's smart to always have a good amount of money saved in the event you cannot work. 

They were juicy! The GND and Hef denied their claims, brushed them all off as jealous exes who he broke up with. The worst part? It took over a decade to all come out but sadly all the things they said turned out to be true. 
She never practiced law. Which I found sad simply because she always used that fact to state she was so superior to all the other girlfriends. She did a reality show in Poland, but mostly has floated around. 
Tiffany, I love that she’s a nurse now! But I have to say I’m sorry she didn’t have the career she should’ve. She had a gorgeous, baby doll face. I think if she had been five years older/around in the 90s she would’ve ended up on a tv show. I love that she chose a stable, long term career though! I wish more of the women would do so instead of relying on Onlyfans. Many of the girlfriends of that era are on there. That other site I mentioned has a “where are they now” type of thread. 
I still think that getting the playmates drunk was a producer storyline.

Absolutely! It probably belongs in the Jersey Shore topic but I’m still baffled by their homes, especially Mike’s new place. It’s a crazy contrast to see most of their homes then you see Deena’s. It’s not only a, How long will reality tv last? But this current influencer culture too. Will the situation’s inspired tshirts still sell in ten years? I worry for them. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Glad I'm not the only one!! Yes, we can sort of see the future of current reality stars. Some will be fine and others will stay on the reality path to make money.  

• Love 4
19 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

They were juicy! The GND and Hef denied their claims, brushed them all off as jealous exes who he broke up with. The worst part? It took over a decade to all come out but sadly all the things they said turned out to be true. 
She never practiced law. Which I found sad simply because she always used that fact to state she was so superior to all the other girlfriends. She did a reality show in Poland, but mostly has floated around. 
Tiffany, I love that she’s a nurse now! But I have to say I’m sorry she didn’t have the career she should’ve. She had a gorgeous, baby doll face. I think if she had been five years older/around in the 90s she would’ve ended up on a tv show. I love that she chose a stable, long term career though! I wish more of the women would do so instead of relying on Onlyfans. Many of the girlfriends of that era are on there. That other site I mentioned has a “where are they now” type of thread. 
I still think that getting the playmates drunk was a producer storyline.

Absolutely! It probably belongs in the Jersey Shore topic but I’m still baffled by their homes, especially Mike’s new place. It’s a crazy contrast to see most of their homes then you see Deena’s. It’s not only a, How long will reality tv last? But this current influencer culture too. Will the situation’s inspired tshirts still sell in ten years? I worry for them. 

I think a lot of people want to become lawyers in the first place just to have a prestigious career they can brag about, not because they're so passionate about law or even the earning potential. 

I love that Tiffany's a nurse now too. I've thought about becoming an aesthetic nurse myself. Tiffany was beautiful then and beautiful now, and she seemed like a lot of fun. I could totally see her being a hit on TV. I have heard of Onlyfans, but I didn't know Playmates of that era were on it. It's sad some of these women think doing Playboy would get them fame and fortune, but it really didn't do much for the vast majority of them, no matter how beautiful. I think whether then or now, if a young woman figures it's cool to be a Playmate and just another modeling gig, go for it. If you're not truly comfortable with it and only doing it because you think you'll become Pamela Anderson, not a good idea. I don't want to be judgmental of the women on Onlyfans because I know a lot of them are just doing their best to support themselves and their families and probably didn't envision themselves on that. I'm just surprised how many of them don't have other skills they could put to use so many years later. Sorry, is "where are they now" on the site you mentioned awhile back? I need to go back and find that! I'm obsessed with Primetimer and forget there are other interesting boards. :)

I know. They're lucky the show became a huge hit and it's lasted as long as it has. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think a lot of people want to become lawyers in the first place just to have a prestigious career they can brag about, not because they're so passionate about law or even the earning potential. 

I love that Tiffany's a nurse now too. I've thought about becoming an aesthetic nurse myself. Tiffany was beautiful then and beautiful now, and she seemed like a lot of fun. I could totally see her being a hit on TV. I have heard of Onlyfans, but I didn't know Playmates of that era were on it. It's sad some of these women think doing Playboy would get them fame and fortune, but it really didn't do much for the vast majority of them, no matter how beautiful. I think whether then or now, if a young woman figures it's cool to be a Playmate and just another modeling gig, go for it. If you're not truly comfortable with it and only doing it because you think you'll become Pamela Anderson, not a good idea. I don't want to be judgmental of the women on Onlyfans because I know a lot of them are just doing their best to support themselves and their families and probably didn't envision themselves on that. I'm just surprised how many of them don't have other skills they could put to use so many years later. Sorry, is "where are they now" on the site you mentioned awhile back? I need to go back and find that! I'm obsessed with Primetimer and forget there are other interesting boards. :)

I know. They're lucky the show became a huge hit and it's lasted as long as it has. 

From what I remember of her book, I don’t think she wanted to be an actual day to day lawyer. I think she wanted to study international law because she aspired to be a diplomat then ambassador. 

Really? You should! It’s such an incredible industry! Profitable too! But making women feel and look beautiful? That’s priceless! 
I was so happy when I found out she’s a nurse because she did something, you know? So many didn’t. 
Oh yeah, Onlyfans is full of former playmates. Yes there was a thread about it on that other forum. I only go read once in a while because some of it’s negative which bugs me. But the older posts are fun to read and full of info. 

Everyone seemed to hang around the mansion for various reasons. Some wanted the lifestyle, connections, some really thought they could be the next Pamela or Jenny. 

• Love 2

This is a complete non-sequitor, but has anyone else noticed that Holly's dog's name is Rascal? Which was Kendra's corgi's name, too. I'm guessing Holly's children came up with it, but I thought it was kind of funny.  

• Love 4
(edited)

From what I remember of her book, I don’t think she wanted to be an actual day to day lawyer. I think she wanted to study international law because she aspired to be a diplomat then ambassador. 

Really? You should! It’s such an incredible industry! Profitable too! But making women feel and look beautiful? That’s priceless! 
I was so happy when I found out she’s a nurse because she did something, you know? So many didn’t. 
Oh yeah, Onlyfans is full of former playmates. Yes there was a thread about it on that other forum. I only go read once in a while because some of it’s negative which bugs me. But the older posts are fun to read and full of info. 

Everyone seemed to hang around the mansion for various reasons. Some wanted the lifestyle, connections, some really thought they could be the next Pamela or Jenny. 

Ahh gotcha. I read her book, but it's been quite a few years.

Yeah I like the idea of being a nurse and helping people, but I'm kind of a wimp as far as certain bodily functions. I'm obsessed with beauty so it seems like an aesthetic nurse is great because it combines things I'm interested in-beauty and making people feel better, without some of the stuff that makes me uncomfortable. I just don't know if I really want to go back to school. I won't say more so I don't get too OT! I don't know if the mods really look at the GND boards since it's just a few of us politely discussing, but ya never know. lol

Interesting! I'm amazed by all the Instagram model success and how they make so much money. The girls are beautiful, but there are just so many of them. There's endless competition. It would be interesting if the Instagram era happened right around the GND era. Some of those girls are still beautiful and pretty young and on IG, like Sara Underwood. 

Yes. Many girls grow up dreaming of becoming Marilyn Monroe or even someone like Pamela Anderson. I'm not saying don't dream, but Playboy is no guarantee. I used to be on Twitter and followed this Playmate just because I thought she was so pretty. (I don't want to say her name on this board to protect her privacy.) She was struggling financially, really regretted moving to LA, doing Playboy, and said she would never want her daughter to do it. 

@TrixieTrue I didn't notice that about Holly's dog, but indeed funny! I remember Kendra's dog Rascal. Holly's pomeranian Coco was my personal fave. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

@TrixieTrue I didn't notice that about Holly's dog, but indeed funny! I remember Kendra's dog Rascal. Holly's pomeranian Coco was my personal fave. 

I think her Poms were Harlow and Panda (which is a dog name that I love for some reason). Coco was the monkey they had in the zoo. I remember her from an episode where Bridget's aunt visited and said she was probably lonely. I wonder if they ever got a companion for her. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, TrixieTrue said:

I think her Poms were Harlow and Panda (which is a dog name that I love for some reason). Coco was the monkey they had in the zoo. I remember her from an episode where Bridget's aunt visited and said she was probably lonely. I wonder if they ever got a companion for her. 

Oh my gosh yes, I meant Harlow! Not sure why I said Coco. lol

• LOL 3
16 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ahh gotcha. I read her book, but it's been quite a few years.

Yeah I like the idea of being a nurse and helping people, but I'm kind of a wimp as far as certain bodily functions. I'm obsessed with beauty so it seems like an aesthetic nurse is great because it combines things I'm interested in-beauty and making people feel better, without some of the stuff that makes me uncomfortable. I just don't know if I really want to go back to school. I won't say more so I don't get too OT! I don't know if the mods really look at the GND boards since it's just a few of us politely discussing, but ya never know. lol

Interesting! I'm amazed by all the Instagram model success and how they make so much money. The girls are beautiful, but there are just so many of them. There's endless competition. It would be interesting if the Instagram era happened right around the GND era. Some of those girls are still beautiful and pretty young and on IG, like Sara Underwood. 

Yes. Many girls grow up dreaming of becoming Marilyn Monroe or even someone like Pamela Anderson. I'm not saying don't dream, but Playboy is no guarantee. I used to be on Twitter and followed this Playmate just because I thought she was so pretty. (I don't want to say her name on this board to protect her privacy.) She was struggling financially, really regretted moving to LA, doing Playboy, and said she would never want her daughter to do it. 

@TrixieTrue

You could still do it! Also keep in mind the amazing Nurse Jamie is just a nurse with all that beauty knowledge! 

True! However there are many IG models who don’t look like their pictures in real life so the competition wouldn’t be that crazy. 

That’s heartbreaking! But the most common Playboy tale. That’s the problem with posing. Once you cross that line there’s no going back. Of course I think it’s ridiculous those stigmas still exist. 

TrixieTrue, Yes. I couldn’t stop laughing. 

16 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

This is a complete non-sequitor, but has anyone else noticed that Holly's dog's name is Rascal? Which was Kendra's corgi's name, too. I'm guessing Holly's children came up with it, but I thought it was kind of funny.  

• Love 2

One part of the show that holds up well is how much everyone at the mansion liked animals. Bridget made treats for all the dogs at Christmas, Kendra really loved her dogs, and Holly liked all the animals. I remember Holly saying "You're nakey" to Gizzy after she was shaved. The mansion staff also really seemed to like all the dogs and Hef did, too. 

• Love 6

You could still do it! Also keep in mind the amazing Nurse Jamie is just a nurse with all that beauty knowledge! 

True! However there are many IG models who don’t look like their pictures in real life so the competition wouldn’t be that crazy. 

That’s heartbreaking! But the most common Playboy tale. That’s the problem with posing. Once you cross that line there’s no going back. Of course I think it’s ridiculous those stigmas still exist. 

TrixieTrue, Yes. I couldn’t stop laughing. 

We'll see. :) I really wish I studied nursing when I was younger because being like Nurse Jamie would be amazing! I spend a lot of money on lasers, and I'm sure someday I might want to start doing other things too. It would be like adding to my salary if I could treat my own face. lol

Thank God. lol I can feel like I'm not half bad, then I get on Instagram and it's one flawless girl after another. It's kind of like how Holly described living at the Playboy mansion and the endless young pretty women she'd see. Izabella said something similar in her book. It skews your perception of what most people actually look like. 

Yeah it makes me sad. I get that maybe a teen boy couldn't handle a teacher who was a Playmate or something very well, but I don't know why there's still a big stigma to the point some of the women struggle even getting regular work when they've given up trying to be the next Pam or Jenny. 

:)

3 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

One part of the show that holds up well is how much everyone at the mansion liked animals. Bridget made treats for all the dogs at Christmas, Kendra really loved her dogs, and Holly liked all the animals. I remember Holly saying "You're nakey" to Gizzy after she was shaved. The mansion staff also really seemed to like all the dogs and Hef did, too. 

I think Hef got Izabella at least one of her dogs? I remember something about her being very grateful to Hef for her pets and how pet friendly the mansion was. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

Even Hef! One amusing part of Izabella’s book was how Hef would clean up after the dogs. Watching the show or reading about Hef it’s hard to imagine him picking up dog poop. 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

We'll see. 🙂 I really wish I studied nursing when I was younger because being like Nurse Jamie would be amazing! I spend a lot of money on lasers, and I'm sure someday I might want to start doing other things too. It would be like adding to my salary if I could treat my own face. lol

Thank God. lol I can feel like I'm not half bad, then I get on Instagram and it's one flawless girl after another. It's kind of like how Holly described living at the Playboy mansion and the endless young pretty women she'd see. Izabella said something similar in her book. It skews your perception of what most people actually look like. 

Yeah it makes me sad. I get that maybe a teen boy couldn't handle a teacher who was a Playmate or something very well, but I don't know why there's still a big stigma to the point some of the women struggle even getting regular work when they've given up trying to be the next Pam or Jenny. 

🙂

I think Hef got Izabella at least one of her dogs? I remember something about her being very grateful to Hef for her pets and how pet friendly the mansion was. 

You can do it! 

Yes, it’s really bizarre. I’m so glad I’m not a teen now because Instagram, social media can really skew your perceptions on looks, beauty, yourself. Many of the girls mentioned the mansion life messed with their perceptions of not only beauty but appropriate attire. I remember in Holly’s book she talked about going to a meeting and in hindsight had been embarrassed by what she wore. You really see her wardrobe start to change on Holly’s World. 

I understand it but I feel like we’ve reached a point in society where it shouldn’t matter that someone was a playmate ten or fifty years ago. Will the naked and scantly clad Instagram posts haunt anyone’s life ten years from now? 

I think Hef purchased both of her original pugs. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Even Hef! One amusing part of Izabella’s book was how Hef would clean up after the dogs. Watching the show or reading about Hef it’s hard to imagine him picking up dog poop. 

You can do it! 

Yes, it’s really bizarre. I’m so glad I’m not a teen now because Instagram, social media can really skew your perceptions on looks, beauty, yourself. Many of the girls mentioned the mansion life messed with their perceptions of not only beauty but appropriate attire. I remember in Holly’s book she talked about going to a meeting and in hindsight had been embarrassed by what she wore. You really see her wardrobe start to change on Holly’s World. 

I understand it but I feel like we’ve reached a point in society where it shouldn’t matter that someone was a playmate ten or fifty years ago. Will the naked and scantly clad Instagram posts haunt anyone’s life ten years from now? 

I think Hef purchased both of her original pugs. 

LOL it is funny to picture Hef cleaning up dog poop. hahaha I find that so endearing!

Thank you. You are sweet. 🙂

Me too! And some of the IG models will post "no makeup" photos when they've clearly had their noses done, lips done, eyelash extensions, etc. Not knocking any of that, but a lot of young girls might think it's typical for a natural blonde to have naturally dark, very full and thick eyelashes. I don't blame Holly for wardrobe choices she made in her 20's. I look at clothes I wore just a few years ago, and I cringe. I hope people don't remember me wearing some of the stuff I used to wear. lol Not that it was that revealing, just not the most appropriate to wear to work. 

Yeah, I think the rules have to loosen up in an era where so many young people have all kinds of photos of themselves. I've even stories of teachers getting into trouble for PRIVATE photos that students somehow got their hands on. So unfair. 

We get mixed messages on both beauty and sex appeal. Be beautiful! But don't get work done on your face or wear lots of makeup. Be really small and really busty at the same time, but no implants. (One thing I love about Holly is her honesty. She'll be like yes I got plastic surgery done, and here are my surgeons if you want to look like me.) Be sexy! The most admired women in the world got it and flaunt it. It's the way to get attention and for men to like you. But no nudity or anything too sexy because it can hurt you if you have a serious/traditional job. It's impossible to please everybody. 

It is harder than ever for young women to feel like they're meeting beauty and sex appeal standards and also not committing any no-nos when social media is closely monitored and can even haunt you years down the line. 

Yes, that sounds about right.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4

Did anyone else see that Kendra got her real estate license? She's signing on with The Agency, which is where Kyle's husband from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills works. (And owns). I wonder if she's hoping for a crossover. But good for her for trying something away from reality TV. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, TrixieTrue said:

Did anyone else see that Kendra got her real estate license? She's signing on with The Agency, which is where Kyle's husband from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills works. (And owns). I wonder if she's hoping for a crossover. But good for her for trying something away from reality TV. 

Yes! I've been meaning to post this. I think it's wonderful and good for Kendra for not sitting around waiting for another reality show. This move is great and shows growth. I wish her all the best in real estate. :)

• Love 4

They were (still are) very attractive. And each in a different way, too. It's interesting to see the photo-shoots, because they all really learned a lot about what poses worked for them. 

Holly's book, Down the Rabbit Hole, is going to be turned into a limited TV series. The actress playing Holly is Samara Weaving.  

Last week I found a podcast that revisits cultural and celebrities from the early 2000s and they're starting a bit on The Girls Next Door. The podcast is Les Deux You Remember This. The first part was about Hef and his early life. 

• Love 5
On 4/5/2021 at 2:44 AM, TrixieTrue said:

They were (still are) very attractive. And each in a different way, too. It's interesting to see the photo-shoots, because they all really learned a lot about what poses worked for them. 

Holly's book, Down the Rabbit Hole, is going to be turned into a limited TV series. The actress playing Holly is Samara Weaving.  

Last week I found a podcast that revisits cultural and celebrities from the early 2000s and they're starting a bit on The Girls Next Door. The podcast is Les Deux You Remember This. The first part was about Hef and his early life. 

Thank you for posting this! The podcast sounds very interesting. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

I listened to the Call Her Daddy podcast yesterday while walking my dog. I don't think Holly is saying anything new here. I feel like she's been pretty consistent from the time her book came out to now. Prior to her book, she didn't talk too much about life in the Mansion, probably because she was trying to separate herself from it, but also because she was still processing it. It's interesting to listen to her, because she doesn't (to me, at least) sound bitter. She's just going over her experience and a fairly factual way.  

• Love 4