Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Evil

• Start Topic

Katja Herbers, Mike Colter & Aasif Mandvi Hope There Could Still Be More ‘Evil’

During this interview with Collider, co-stars Herbers, Colter and Mandvi talked about the biggest challenges their characters are facing this season, the similarities between Malcolm X’s relationship with the Nation of Islam and David’s journey with the Catholic Church, Kristen’s family drama, Ben’s emotional spiral, Kristen and David’s evolving dynamic, why the final bonus episodes of the series shouldn’t be the end, and their hope that maybe they can still find a way to continue telling this story.

• Like 3

Inside ‘Evil’: Kurt Fuller on Dr. Boggs’ Wild Ride and What’s Next for the Hit Show

“It’s almost like did you ever see the Men in Black movie? They’d use that thing, and they’d click it, and the people would forget everything. I think that’s what happens to Boggs”.

Spoiler

Fuller hinted at a satisfying conclusion for Dr. Boggs in the upcoming episodes.

“Yes, it is a satisfying ending for Boggs. It is. Yes. It happens in the second to last episode but it’s a satisfying ending. Yes. I am in the last episode, but Boggs’ fate is decided more in the penultimate episode.”

Spoiler

As for the four episodes written to conclude the series run on Paramount+, Fuller says nobody expected it to end at the finish of the original ten episodes. “Oh, a huge turn,” he teased of the final episodes, but he wouldn’t spill anymore.

spacer.png

• Like 2

BTS

"As we get closer to the end of our show, each new episode brings a jolt of exhilaration mixed with a tinge of sadness. But I promise you, you don’t want to miss any of them. I’ll certainly be watching this Thursday…"

- Kurt Fuller

spacer.png

Source - X

• Like 4

Andrea Martin Reflects on Her Journey From SCTV to Evil’s Demon-Hunting Nun

When asked about her favorite moments as Sister Andrea, Andrea’s fondness for her co-stars was evident.

“I did enjoy working with Michael Emerson in the beginning. That was fabulous. I think that ingratiated [Sister Andrea] to the fans out there because she stood up against Leland."

“And I had such a beautiful relationship with Mike Coulter. Those scenes were so lovely, trying to give David the faith that Sister Andrea has, being patient with him at the same time, knowing that he had the ability to actually see and feel what she could."

“And then, really, at the end of the season, I got to do more scenes with Katja. And I feel so fortunate to be in a scene with her. She’s an exceptional actress, and I learned a lot from her also.”

To sum up the final four episodes, Andrea offered a tantalizing tease: 

Spoiler

“Poignance, truth, adventure.”

It’s clear that Evil will continue to deliver the unexpected, with Sister Andrea at the heart of the action.

• Like 3

Looking at Hollywood at large, what’s the most concerning conversation that you’ve had with an executive in the past six months?

MICHELLE The most concerning conversation is the one that just happens over and over — which is, “There’s no money to make shows.”

ROBERT Also, for me, it was, “We’re canceling your show — and not because of quality or that people aren’t watching,” I don’t know what it is. It’s all going to horseshit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Christine Lahti Talks About Her Wild Ride as Sheryl on Evil

“I think the writers wisely got the audience to really finally care about her in a way because she was so kind of evil and wild and crazy. And this season, she really tried to do the right thing and found she had remorse and redemption.”

“Filming it was really, really moving. And both Katja and I were sobbing and really grateful to have that moment of closure, I think, finally of love because there was so much love between them.”

One of Lahti’s favorite scenes this season was in the confession booth with David, portrayed by Mike Colter. “She finally reached out for help, and I think all that guilt and remorse was starting to bubble up, and she couldn’t keep it down,” she explained. For Sheryl, the confession was less about seeking divine forgiveness and more about gaining acceptance from David.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Next on EVIL...

S04•E12: "Fear of The Other"

Sister Andrea gives the team their last assessment, a man who believes his doppelganger has possessed him and has a personal connection to the nun. The three also look for new jobs, and David receives even more bad news. Dr. Boggs faces a tough decision as Leland’s trial begins, and the court turns out to have even more treachery afoot.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Michael Emerson is one of my favorite actors and I've been following him since Lost. After despising the malevolent Benjamin Linus, once he ended up so broken and bruised physically and psychologically I ended up feeling so empathetic towards him. Then I absolutely adored him as Harold Finch in Person of Interest. PoI and Evil are shows I initially only began watching because of him but then I got really invested in them as a whole.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Scout Finch said:

Michael Emerson is one of my favorite actors and I've been following him since Lost. After despising the malevolent Benjamin Linus, once he ended up so broken and bruised physically and psychologically I ended up feeling so empathetic towards him. Then I absolutely adored him as Harold Finch in Person of Interest. PoI and Evil are shows I initially only began watching because of him but then I got really invested in them as a whole.

He is sui generis

• Like 3

Andrea Martin gets a much-deserved Honorable Mention as Sister Andrea in this week's TVLine Performers of the Week column:

"For seasons, we have delighted in the ferocity that Andrea Martin brings to Evil’s Sister Andrea. There are very few cracks in the diminutive nun’s holy armor, but when they do show up — as they did in a big way in this week’s episode — Martin plays them with a poignancy that makes the character as relatable as she is admirable. Because Martin so often provides the show’s comedic relief, her portrayal of her character’s deep grief and regret in the confessional scene stood out even more starkly: Martin sobbed over the idea that the nun could’ve played even a small part in someone’s eternal damnation, her questioning tone so at odds with the character’s normally unshakable faith. How we’ll miss Martin — and her demon-vanquishing alter ego — when the show wraps for good later this month."

• Like 1

Next on EVIL...

S04•E13: "Fear of the Unholy"

The Vatican asks the team to investigate a Hawking-like genius for potential ties to the occult. David’s continued aiding of the Entity produces physical effects, and he and Sister Andrea say goodbye to St. Joseph’s. Meanwhile, Leland returns home, where David confronts him.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Evil, #Scolina, Fire Country, Night Agent, The Way Home, NCIS, Harley Quinn, Reasonable Doubt and More!

Q: Any scoop on the Evil series finale?

Co-creator Robert King sums up the Aug. 22 series finale thusly: “It’s about the meeting of these 60 families, and [Kristen & Co.] disrupting it and seeing if there’s any way for the Entity to stop as many of those families as they can all at once. So, it’s culminating in this meeting of the 60 in New York.”

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

"The last episode of #Evil this Thursday. Thank you for such wonderful fans. It’s been lovely to see such dedication and creativity for a show that addresses issues of good and evil in an often silly manner. We’ve had the times of our life and will miss this freedom." 

— Robert King via X

spacer.png

• Sad 5
2 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Next on EVIL...

S04•E14 — "Fear of the End"

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow. Are they burning the codex?  Virtual reality plays a big part here. 

• Useful 1

I especially feel bad for Andrea Martin who snagged the juicy role last season, only to be cut short. I’m happy to see she’s going to be in The Gilded Age next season. I hope that’s a good role for her too. 

• Like 3