Type keyword(s) to search

The Boys in the Media

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

(edited)

New finale video.

Plus tribute video. Is it to excite the fans or are the bringing him back gassed to kill him.

Do not waste SB.

This season is really not up to the others. They need the magic. 

The dude is supposed be all kinds of immune. And his radioactivity... that alone could nuke a virus.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Like 1
On 7/26/2024 at 2:11 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I like the character but he is an abusive asshole. Making him even remotely a hero would be a cop out and his co star is a Nazi bitch. Where will this show go?

• Like 1

Actually, compared to the other "heroes" here he's practically a saint.  Obnoxious, but not psychotic or sycophant.  

• Like 3

I disagree. Soldier boy, like Homelander, is deep in the APD scale. He is not ‘obnoxious’. He is malignant and abusive. I know and like the actor, but it will bother me if he is made less than that. This is not a tragic, romantic figure

The Boys  counter them by being (even Butcher) relatable. 

I understand your point.  But if I had my choice of having to deal with SB or Homelander, I think HL is much the more dangerous character.  I never said either was a tragic, romantic figure, I just think that SB can (to some extent) be reasoned with while HL is completely out of control, and is backed up by all his sycophants, no matter how horrible he is. 

Of course, I didn't watch the current season, so maybe things have changed. And part of the reason why I didn't watch this year was because I couldn't find any of the characters (even/especially Butcher) likable or even relatable.  I think I have to have *someone* I don't hate on a show to keep watching.  And SB was at least more interesting to me, in that I wasn't always sure how he would behave.  

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Of course, I didn't watch the current season, so maybe things have changed.

HL was more unhinged than he usually is. No changes there!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Affogato said:

I like the character but he is an abusive asshole. Making him even remotely a hero would be a cop out and his co star is a Nazi bitch. Where will this show go?

It's The Boys Universe, I don't think that's much of a problem.  Even the heroes are total psychos (hi, Butcher).  Hughie, Annie/Starlight and, Mother's Milk might be the exceptions to everyone is horrible in this show.

• Like 4

Of course, SB is the only one (I can see) who even has the possibility of taking out HL.  And since (I've heard) they've shown he's still around, if he manages to stop HL, would that make him a hero?  Even if he does it in a horrible way?  Or will they (maybe) let the few "good guys" (who still have a conscience of sorts) actually win?  You never know with Kripke.  Maybe I'll have to watch next season.  

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Of course, SB is the only one (I can see) who even has the possibility of taking out HL.  And since (I've heard) they've shown he's still around, if he manages to stop HL, would that make him a hero?  Even if he does it in a horrible way?  Or will they (maybe) let the few "good guys" (who still have a conscience of sorts) actually win?  You never know with Kripke.  Maybe I'll have to watch next season.  

He showed up in the S4 finale, still in a hibernation chamber and, it's been confirmed he's in S5. I'm guessing S5 is Butcher vs HL/SB or or a Butcher/HL/SB Battle Royale where they all die.

• Like 1
(edited)

Or maybe Hughie wakes up in the shower and finds his girlfriend is still alive.  There are no supes, and the whole show has been a dream.😀

ETA:  Which he then writes as a TV show, sells it to Amazon and becomes rich and famous.

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's The Boys Universe, I don't think that's much of a problem.  Even the heroes are total psychos (hi, Butcher).  Hughie, Annie/Starlight and, Mother's Milk might be the exceptions to everyone is horrible in this show.

I actually  trust the show runner has a plan. I just can’t imagine.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Affogato said:

To the beginning. It's retro vought.

• Like 2

I just hope SB isn’t into old women in the new series. But I’m happy it’s on Amazon Prime (here in Canada ) so I don’t have to pay for yet another streaming service.

Jensen deserves this. He’s a very talented actor. 👏

• Like 2

Article from Wealth of Geeks on various horrible TV characters:

Love to Hate: Homelander (The Boys)©Image Credit: Amazon MGM Studios.

Homelander, the big bad of The Boys, makes an interesting Rorschach Test. If you love to hate him thanks to his sociopathic use of superpowers, satirical relevance to modern politics, and frightening performance by Antony Starr, congrats, you have great taste!

However, a scarily vocial number of viewers seem to love and worship Homelander unironically and consider him the hero of the series. Showrunner Eric Kripke says those people should stop watching.

Here’s the link to the Kripke article from The Hollywood Reporter where he talks about current politics and its influence on The Boys (I thought there might be political references that aren’t appropriate for this forum so don’t want to quote any of it here): 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/the-boys-showrunner-erik-kripke-interview-trumpism-1235914642/  ***

He does talk about various issues (not political) that he had to deal with in Supernatural and Gen V. 

***ETA:  The article does include my favorite quote from Kripke about The Boys:

"The show’s many things. Subtle isn’t one of them. "  

Edited by ahrtee
Had to add this quote. I just had to.
  • Useful 1