Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E21: Tulsi Gabbard, Max Brooks, Adam Gopnik, Joy Reid and Seth MacFarlane

• Start Topic

(edited)

Hawaii Rep. and presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard is the top-of-show interview guest. The roundtable guests are author Max Brooks, writer Adam Gopnik and political analyst Joy Reid. Actor Seth MacFarlane is the mid-show interview guest.

DOUBLE YAY!!!! Max Brooks AND Joy Reid are back! And on the main panel!💃

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

Real Time with Bill Maher would be a great show....if Bill Maher wasn't involved. 

(I'm watching his interview with Tulsi right now and I'm already irritated with all of his little snitty remarks about the "woke people" and the "Twitter people" and yada yada yada.)

• Love 1

I'm not a fan of Gabbard. Give me a break about the whole twitter thing. I'm sure plenty of them aren't playing to twitter. 

Seth underscored the reason I didn't watch the "debates". It's a ratings grab and nothing said will have an impact by the end of July. 

• Love 1
(edited)

As much as my love for Bill has disappeared and gone, I loved his New Rules, especially the one about the word captures. And I don’t and never have taken drugs! Or been on an Acid trip!😂🤪🤪🤪

Also loved his bit about Mars, and how he likes to breathe. And inhale oxygen-his second favorite thing to inhale. 

Just Max’s and Joy’s presence made it worth to sit through the Bill’s assholery-because they ARE concentration camps.

And just STOP with the false equivalency of what what’shisfqce said  in that clip with what Booker said at the debate.

Can Max Brooks and Joy  come every week?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7

Seth is pretty good though. 

I'm just not anti social media. I'm friends with you all and I don't even know what the fuck you look like. I assume everyone is hot. 

They're all bitching about it. Don't use it then. I use Twitter for work. It's a great networking tool. That's what it is though. A tool. The panel was right. People need to be smarter about it. That's all. 

I use FB to stay in touch with HS friends and I've even made new friends and met them in person. Are there tons of trolls? Sure. I call them out and report them. Then I post pics of my dogs. 

I'm on another site nsfw and I've met a whole bunch of people in my city outside of work. We had a BBQ a couple of weeks ago. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I don’t like Tulsi, so there’s that.

Max Brooks had me cracking up the whole time while also dropping truth bombs. He was great and so was Joy, but Bill didn’t seem to want to listen to them, particularly Joy. She was on point, especially about how important the black vote will be for the 2020 election. 

When they were talking about how the Trump administration removed the organic garden Michelle Obama had in the White House garden and Max could be heard in the background sarcastically saying, “yeah, fuck those carrots!” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’d say all those pictures Bill was flinging of the Dems who aren’t going to make it are pretty accurate. I just saw an electability poll and Rep. Swalwell was literally sitting at zero percent. 

Seth didn’t really get a chance to speak much.

Although Bill annoyed me, I also liked his bit about mars and how we need to fix what’s going on down here first. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 6

Do not use the topics discussed on this program as a springboard for political commentary outside the confines of what was said on the show. An updated mod note was created this week; please read it and if there are any questions, PM me.

48 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Gee, that Michael Jackson discussion went nowhere. Why bring it up? I know it is the death of his anniversary, but it was pretty pointless.

He brought it up because it was the 10th anniversary. It’s Bill’s show and he can talk about whatever he wants. I think he brought it up so he could say he will still listen to his music. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just watched Overtime and...Max was in DC and I didn’t know about it??! Not that I would have tracked him down to see him speak or whatever he was doing! Not at all would I have stalked him  but would have looked to see if it was a public event. Yep, that’s right.😆😂🤪🤪

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Did anyone else notice how much Seth had 2 mugs in front of him and drank constantly even though he hardly spoke...he seemed off to me including his entrance.. I love his singing voice, he is very talented!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ganesh said:

I thought one was Bill's. Seth drinks whisky on the show. One time he was on the panel and someone else got it by mistake.

IIRC, that was Darrell Issa. 

Max made me laugh throughout, and I applaud him for saying the Democrats need to pull together a coalition no matter who the nominee is, and if Marianne Williamson somehow got the nomination, he'd be getting his crystals out or something and voting for her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Did anyone else notice how much Seth had 2 mugs in front of him and drank constantly even though he hardly spoke...he seemed off to me including his entrance.. I love his singing voice, he is very talented!

Seth posted on Twitter that one mug had bourbon and one mug had water.

• Love 5