Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: What Say You?

• Start Topic

The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim | Official Trailer

Set 183 years before the events chronicled in the original trilogy of films, “The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim” tells the fate of the House of Helm Hammerhand, the legendary King of Rohan. A sudden attack by Wulf, a clever and ruthless Dunlending lord seeking vengeance for the death of his father, forces Helm and his people to make a daring last stand in the ancient stronghold of the Hornburg— a mighty fortress that will later come to be known as Helm’s Deep. Finding herself in an increasingly desperate situation, Héra, the daughter of Helm, must summon the will to lead the resistance against a deadly enemy intent on their total destruction.

The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Rohirrim in theaters December 13, 2024.

• Like 1

What time is the first episode? I've found one site that says 8 pm US EST, one that says midnight. I'd prefer midnight AKA noon my time, I have things to do in the morning. But strangely, the world has yet to bend to my whims. What's the go?

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

What time is the first episode? I've found one site that says 8 pm US EST, one that says midnight. I'd prefer midnight AKA noon my time, I have things to do in the morning. But strangely, the world has yet to bend to my whims. What's the go?

August 29, 3 AM ET

is what it says when I look for it. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

August 29, 3 AM ET

is what it says when I look for it. 

3 pm my time. I can live with that. :) But damn, three sources that all disagree. If Ginnifer Huchinson posts on Bluesky tomorrow, I'm going to ask her.

• Like 1
Just now, Anduin said:

3 pm my time. I can live with that. :) But damn, three sources that all disagree. If Ginnifer Huchinson posts on Bluesky tomorrow, I'm going to ask her.

My source is Prime. I’m on the East coast of the US, for what that is worth. 

• Like 2

I don't know if this has been anyone else's experience, but I have had to go to outside sources to even see what day this is starting back up again. I can't find any information at all on Prime itself. Which seems not super bright to me.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, MJ Frog said:

I don't know if this has been anyone else's experience, but I have had to go to outside sources to even see what day this is starting back up again. I can't find any information at all on Prime itself. Which seems not super bright to me.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It should be easy for people to get your stuff. Tell them where and when.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, MJ Frog said:

I went to prime, the app on my phone, and to rings of power, and then to second season. Then date and time are at the top.

• Like 1

Due to my inability to figure out time zones, it turns out ROP releases today, not tomorrow. Will I ever get it sorted? Unlikely. Don't worry, I'm just laughing at myself here. :) Anyway, I signed up for Prime. Yay me. :)

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Affogato said:

I went to prime, the app on my phone, and to rings of power, and then to second season. Then date and time are at the top.

Thanks! I maintain that it shouldn't have been that involved, though. It took me several clicks to get there when it should have taken no clicks. There are a number of shows that are right at the top of the page when you go to Prime, but not the one they've spent the most money on. 

• Like 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, MJ Frog said:

Thanks! I maintain that it shouldn't have been that involved, though. It took me several clicks to get there when it should have taken no clicks. There are a number of shows that are right at the top of the page when you go to Prime, but not the one they've spent the most money on. 

I find Prime is generally harder to navigate than it should be. It is very invested in knowing what I want, without having a clue. Or something. Anyway I always end up randomy navigating to my goal. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, MJ Frog said:

I agree 100%, I had trouble finding the information & I was looking for it.

• Like 2

I also am irritated that if I go i to a show in keep watching I am only permitted to keep watching a certain episode. Clearly Alexa, which I would pay them not to have access to, would clear that  up. 

Samba TV reports 902,000 households watched the Season 2 premiere in the first 4 days, compared to 1.8 million households that watched the Season 1 premiere in the first 3 days.  

https://deadline.com/2024/09/lord-of-the-rings-rings-of-power-season-2-premiere-viewership-samba-1236077869

Meanwhile, Luminate estimates 2.7 million views of Season 2, making it the second most watched streaming series on Labor Day weekend.  Last year, Season 1 had 8.9 million estimated views on Labor Day weekend.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/rings-of-power-season-2-ratings-labor-day-1236130619/#recipient_hashed=01d65bc3553267d275b31582423917c376436a5008f40edbeb3df8e8ad31f930&recipient_salt=6299afe830497fd18b471d8064244013d4ae0a4857d6eeda07166fe44c978960&utm_medium=email&utm_source=exacttarget&utm_campaign=newsalert&utm_content=549047_09-05-2024&utm_term=12921464

I’m guessing Rings of Power and House of the Dragon have similar problems. Expensive to make. Small numbers of episodes. Long waits for the next season, loss of momentum. Everyone knows what happens (loosely speaking). 

• Like 1

https://reactormag.com/the-premiere-of-the-lord-of-the-rings-the-rings-of-powers-second-season-doesnt-inspire-confidence/?_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9OW4uBixa7-JNfS143hntZNWbkOEYUmbPlgPhsTQzCoQ9COEJnkd4Ol9-pLAP8ooA4jp_eCAgR1i14lflUD6B0OmwWug&_hsmi=323126288

The Premiere of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power’s Second Season Doesn’t Inspire Confidence

It's a muddy three-part opener start to finish.

BY SYLAS K BARRETT

PUBLISHED ON AUGUST 30, 2024

—————————-

this has a detailed recap and also makes some good points of commentary. He talks a bit about scenes giving repeat information and unnecessary information given the nimber of episodes they have. I thought his thoughts on Galadriel and Sauron were insightful. 

• Like 1

I fall into the haven't watched any of it so far this season & watched last season's episodes as they were released. I will catch up with this when I feel there isn't anything more pressing to watch but I will say that after watching season 2 of HOTD & thinking "is that it?" when it ended hasn't exactly helped my mindset, especially after waiting so long for that & being extremely disappointed. 

5 hours ago, Affogato said:

I’m guessing Rings of Power and House of the Dragon have similar problems. Expensive to make. Small numbers of episodes. Long waits for the next season, loss of momentum. Everyone knows what happens (loosely speaking). 

On the one hand, Rings of Power doesn't have the author making posts on his blog talking about what he thinks are the horrible decisions the show has made.

On the other hand, Rings of Power generates far more outrage because it's being compared to a (mostly) beloved trilogy and a certain subset of fans have decided it has spat on Tolkien's world.

29 minutes ago, baldryanr said:

On the one hand, Rings of Power doesn't have the author making posts on his blog talking about what he thinks are the horrible decisions the show has made.

On the other hand, Rings of Power generates far more outrage because it's being compared to a (mostly) beloved trilogy and a certain subset of fans have decided it has spat on Tolkien's world.

Really? Spat? Oh, my! They aren’t able to use all the source material and can’t reasonably be expected to do justice to every one of the 4000 years. 

Honestly I’ve encountered more for HOTD, but I’m not looking in the right place. 

it is possible that we don’t have to honor every stray thought that wafted through Tolkien's writing hand.  It also would be great if GRRM could keep some of his thoughts to himself. 

On 9/8/2024 at 7:33 AM, Affogato said:

https://apple.news/A8dfncp4nQtO-8dp7TGXcgQ

article on how to make shows less dark on your tv. 

That's all well & good but I don't want to fiddle with the settings every time I want to watch something that may be dark, I would rather just not watch something than have to mess around with the settings every ten minutes.

Just make the damn thing watchable in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Shrek said:

That's all well & good but I don't want to fiddle with the settings every time I want to watch something that may be dark, I would rather just not watch something than have to mess around with the settings every ten minutes.

Just make the damn thing watchable in the first place.

A lot of it is changing the default settings probably one time. I have an old tv. A decade, stupid by preference. I have no issues seeing the show.

Edited by Affogato
4 hours ago, Affogato said:

A lot of it is changing the default settings probably one time. I have an old tv. A decade, stupid by preference. I have no issues seeing the show.

Yes but I & just about everyone else set their tv up when it was new to suit the watchers in the household & shouldn't have to fuck about with the settings because some idiot decided to make their show in the dark. Most viewers don't care if it's fashionable, they just want to come home from work & turn on the tv without messing around with settings & they will just watch something else while the people who make the shows sit their looking at each other & wondering why their viewership dwindled. 

I haven't watched any of the new season yet but if it's dark & I can't see what's going on without messing with the settings I'll just watch something else instead. 

12 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Yes but I & just about everyone else set their tv up when it was new to suit the watchers in the household & shouldn't have to fuck about with the settings because some idiot decided to make their show in the dark. Most viewers don't care if it's fashionable, they just want to come home from work & turn on the tv without messing around with settings & they will just watch something else while the people who make the shows sit their looking at each other & wondering why their viewership dwindled. 

I haven't watched any of the new season yet but if it's dark & I can't see what's going on without messing with the settings I'll just watch something else instead. 

I’ll get off your lawn :-) 

however, I’m not having problems with the lighting. 

• LOL 1