Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: What Say You?

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I an not sure if this is supposed to be a spoiler or not.

Reveal spoiler

A dead Finrod and a live Sauron.

Why Sauron looks like Eminem?

I wonder how much lore would be changed in this show.

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, Grimnar said:

Why Sauron looks like Eminem?

I wonder how much lore would be changed in this show.

I hear it's not Sauron, but a cultist. The buzzcut and narrow face does make him look somewhat like Eminem, but so what? I'm not fussed about a vaguely similar look.

(edited)

Its the orcs for me. The first images posted here and the shots of orcs in the trailer are what makes me really excited for this. Its weird but they are somewhat like a continuity character.

Edited by Aulty
  • Love 2

The kid is obviously a bad guy but he’s not pretty enough to be Sauron. (No offense to the actor. I’m sure he’s a lovely person.). The actor playing Sauron is going to have to be drop dead gorgeous.

LOTR: THE RINGS OF POWER | Comic Con 2022 [Mega Panel Pt 1 of 6] Theme Intro (Bear McCreary)
Films That Rock    Jul 22, 2022

LOTR: THE RINGS OF POWER | Comic Con 2022 [Mega Panel Pt 2 of 6] Show Introduction (Stephen Colbert)

LOTR: THE RINGS OF POWER | Comic Con 2022 [Mega Panel Pt 3 of 6] The Creator Panel

LOTR: THE RINGS OF POWER | Comic Con 2022 [Mega Panel Pt 4 of 6] Conversation with 1st Group of Cast

LOTR: THE RINGS OF POWER | Comic Con 2022 [Mega Panel Pt 5 of 6] Conversation with 2nd Group of Cast

LOTR: THE RINGS OF POWER | Comic Con 2022 [Mega Panel Pt 6 of 6] Conversation with 3rd Group of Cast

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 7/14/2022 at 8:49 AM, Anduin said:

"You have not seen what I have seen."

"I have seen my share."

"You have not seen............what I have seen."

I'm seeing some really bad dialogue. Wow....

• Love 1

Meet 13 key characters from The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Galadriel (Morfydd Clark)

Míriel (Cynthia Addai-Robinson)

Nori Brandyfoot (Markella Kavenagh)

Elrond (Robert Aramayo)

Durin IV (Owain Arthur)

Arondir (Ismael Cruz Córdova)

Bronwyn (Nazanin Boniadi)

Gil-galad (Benjamin Walker)

Disa (Sophia Nomvete)

Halbrand (Charlie Vickers)

Sadoc Burrows (Lenny Henry)

Isildur (Maxim Baldry)

Celebrimbor (Charles Edwards)

Power players: Inside The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BetterButter said:

It says that they asked if he wanted to be involved. He wanted to see the scripts. They weren't written yet. When they were, he didn't receive them. Whoever was in charge of that probably forgot, or changed their minds.

Besides, Jackson isn't the be all and end all. This is the man who approved of that bloody terrible Faramir change. And that stupid moment approaching Cirith Ungol. Furthermore, even though the Hobbit nonsense was ordered by the studio, he was the one who chose to go through with it. Clearly whoever was in charge at Amazon knew that and decided to make no more than a token gesture.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, BetterButter said:

I'm fine with Jackson not being involved, but they probably didn't want him around because he would want to follow Tolkien more closely.  I'm a purist, and there was plenty of changes Jackson made that I didn't care for.  However, he probably did as good a job of adapting LOTR as anyone could have. 

Originally I didn't want Jackson involved, because I wanted to see how someone else imagined middle earth.  Of course, I didn't expect someone to rewrite it the way Amazon appears to have done.  Whatever this is, it isn't Tolkien.  As the trailer says, it's based on Tolkien.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1

So Amazon will be dropping episodes later than usual starting in week 2? I wonder if that's just for this show or if they will start doing that with all their shows. I am in The Netherlands and I am usually an early riser. I liked having new Amazon episodes available to watch when I wake up early. Now I'll have to wait until 6.00 to watch the new episodes. At least they are still earlier than Netflix.

• Love 1

Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power Release Schedule Revealed — Including Double-Episode Premiere
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 16 2022,
https://tvline.com/2022/08/16/release-schedule-lord-of-the-rings-rings-of-power-premiere-two-episodes/ 

Amazon announced on Tuesday that the epic prequel saga will premiere Stateside on Thursday, Sept. 1 with its first two episodes, launching at the exact same time around the world as detailed below:

PREMIERE (TWO EPISODES)*

6 pm PDT // Thursday, September 1
9 pm EDT // Thursday, September 1
10 pm Brazil // Thursday, September 1
2 am UK // Friday, September 2
3 am CEST // Friday, September 2
5:30 am IST // Friday, September 2
10 am JST // Friday, September 2
11 am AU // Friday, September 2
1 pm NZ // Friday, September 2

The rest of the series’ eight-episode freshman season will get weekly, single-episode releases, at the times detailed below. That will land the finale on Oct. 14 — ahead of HBO “rival” House of the Dragon‘s own Season 1 finale.

WEEK 2 THROUGH FINALE*

9 pm PDT // Thursdays
12 am EDT // Fridays
1 am Brazil // Fridays
5 am UK // Fridays
6 am CEST // Fridays
9:30 am IST // Fridays
1 pm JST // Fridays
2 pm AU // Fridays
4 pm NZ // Fridays

*These timings represent an indicator for a handful of countries; for other local time zones, please convert to the equivalent times.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I'm in Australia. The time listed is EST, except, daylight savings starts during that period. However! I'm in WAST, and we don't have DST at all. Boy, that's confusing. I love stories, not numbers. Will I start getting them an hour later? Probably not.

In other news, I dropped my replica of the One Ring off for polishing today. It'll be all nice and shiny for September!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Tickets, which are available only to Cinemark Movie Rewards members, will be available, starting at 11:00 AM CST. on Aug. 22, to reserve a free ticket(s) (this is not very clear) that comes with a $10 snack voucher to watch the first two episodes of The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power at your neighborhood/nearby theater at 7:00 PM on August 31, 2022. This is an one-night-only global event where screenings will occur in a variety of places, like the United Kingdom, Ireland, Argentina, Colombia, Australia and New Zealand.

• Love 1

I'm not good with maths, but by my count we're nine days out. For those who didn't manage to snag a screening. By the time I learned which cinema would have it and how I could get there, the tickets were all gone. :(

Nine is the number of rings for mortal men doomed to die. Nine members of the fellowship, unless you count Bill the pony as number ten.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I got caught in the HBO/Firestick snafu for House of the Dragon and didn't get to watch until yesterday.  (Wasted a good hour Sun night trying to get it to work.)  I hope Amazon is better prepared.

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone.

Really looking forward to seeing Khazad-dûm in better years. Be interesting to see how they can make it look different from dwarf architecture seen in stuff like Warhammer, Warcraft, and Dragon Age. How different can you make it, while still looking dwarven? I really don't envy the design team trying to find a solution to that problem.

• Love 2

Six members of the fellowship still remained in Middle-earth after Frodo and Gandalf sailed west on the last ship. Unless you count the other vessels that went later, or Bill the Pony.

We will probably see the Grey Havens in better times. I can't even remember if Círdan has been cast.

Anyway, I think there's a wider range of elven architecture out there. It doesn't all look as similar as the dwarves do.

• Love 2

Five hobbits met at Crickhollow to discuss further plans. You can't discount Fredegar Bolger!

While two of the top three elves were played by Aussies in the movies, the three Aussies I've identified are playing two harfoots and a human. I have to ask, when do we get to be dwarves?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm loving your countdown, Anduin.  Nicely done.

Thanks! Happy to hear I'm entertaining someone other than myself. :)

Perhaps I should tell the producers about Coober Pedy.* It's an opal mining town in South Australia, where the locals excavate homes for themselves to regulate the temperature. Maybe send them a picture of my short and stocky nephew too. I have a decent beard. And Aussies certainly like to drink beer. We have all the traits of dwarves, though scattered around the population rather than in any one person I can name. You think this is a winning idea or am I just talking nonsense? :)

* Coober: oo like soon. Pedy: ee sound like Peter.

• Love 1

The Fall of Númenor: And Other Tales from the Second Age of Middle-earth 

Kindle Edition $21.99 and Hardcover $36.00   Pre-order for release on: November 15, 2022

J.R.R. Tolkien’s writings on the Second Age of Middle-earth, collected for the first time in one volume complete with new illustrations in watercolor and pencil by renowned artist Alan Lee.

These are the stories that the The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power are based on.

Fall-of-Numenor-HB-front-4617x6804-1-104

81zvmN4iSPL.jpg

81-Y+DUmXpL.jpg

71CWtqBC3tL.jpg

• Love 1

Five hobbits may have gathered at Crickhollow, but only four headed out to Rivendell. Fredegar Bolger stayed behind to act as a decoy, but was instrumental in the resistance to Saruman.

Harfoots set my teeth on edge. Shouldn't it be Harfeet? And I'm sure someone will post the relevant picture. I can't stop you.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The Fall of Númenor: And Other Tales from the Second Age of Middle-earth 

I know the estate is living off continually repackaging every word the Professor wrote (milking a dead horse), but I will definitely be buying this ASAP, not only because it looks beautiful (itself and next to the other recent volumes) but because I find the history of Númenor to be fascinating.  $36?  Yikes.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Anduin said:

Five hobbits may have gathered at Crickhollow, but only four headed out to Rivendell. Fredegar Bolger stayed behind to act as a decoy, but was instrumental in the resistance to Saruman.

Harfoots set my teeth on edge. Shouldn't it be Harfeet? And I'm sure someone will post the relevant picture. I can't stop you.

Playing devils advocate here but why Harfeet? I can think of 2 reasons why Harfoot, when talking about names there are names like Lightfoot but I've never heard lightfeet and it's fantasy & would play by the writers rules anyway.