Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: AKA I Wish

Well, having everything blowback on Jeri was obvious as hell.  Again, even if they technically couldn't trace it back to her, it was just so easily to connect the dots over how her ex's husband suddenly has a downfall right when she enters back into her life.  And now she has likely lost her for good and might even lose her business, if she isn't careful.  You really screwed this up, Hogarth.

Poor Malcolm can't even take a vacation day from Jeri, without having to play babysitter for Jessica and getting knocked out for his trouble.  He might want to consider moving.  And maybe find new friends.

Jessica and Trish might finally move forward, now that Trish finally apologized for the whole "I killed your mom" thing, while Jessica finally admitted that her mom was a mass murderer, so maybe it was somewhat understandable.  Aww?!  Too bad Sallinger now knows Jessica has an ally though, and if he's as smart as he claims he is, he should be able to figure out it is Trish.

• Love 3
(edited)

Jeri really is a selfish moron.  Don't get me wrong, Peter deserved what he got and his suicide video was hilariously stupid and over-the-top but how did Jeri not think she was going to get blamed?  She's not satisfied to have her back in her life so she decides to sabotage her marriage so she can go back to a dying Jeri.  Brilliant!

Jessica seemingly got stupid when she didn't automatically assume that Sallinger was using that tank as a dumping ground, then is stupid enough to actually go in there.  She didn't need a visual identification to call in a tip to the police.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 3
(edited)

For a smart woman, Jeri was a real idiot about getting her ex back. Even if it wasnt for the weird blaming suicide video (what the hell does Jerri representing people with powers have to do with anything?) certainly her ex would have put two and two together. Now not only will she probably want nothing to do with her, her business is struggling! I get that she is kind of flailing now that she is dying, but come on! And its such a terribly selfish act towards a person she supposedly loves, and while Peter clearly did some terribly things, she only exposed him for her own selfish reasons. 

Awww, Trish said she was sorry she killed Jessica's mom, and Jessica admitted that her mom was a murderer! Sweet? 

Oh crap, it really is tough to be involved with Jessica sometimes, huh?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was dying when Jessica kept flinging the sister across the room.

I don't really feel bad for the husband. Like Jeri said, he was doing it long before she came around, and he would have kept doing it. Please. Of course, she didn't anticipate the you tube video, though I don't see that 'lawyer who defends criminals' is overly shocking even if they are powered. 

I mean, you killed yourself because you got caught and didn't want to go to jail. 

I'm not as much down on Trish as the prevailing opinion here, though I can't say any of the comments are wrong, but 'let it go' was not a good move. I'm glad she apologized but still.

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 4
On 6/19/2019 at 6:21 AM, benteen said:

Jessica seemingly got stupid when she didn't automatically assume that Sallinger was using that tank as a dumping ground, then is stupid enough to actually go in there.  She didn't need a visual identification to call in a tip to the police.

It seemed rather stupid to me too. She had a good flashlight, and she could see well enough to know what's going on there. How could she not punch or kick her way out? 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, ganesh said:

It seemed rather stupid to me too. She had a good flashlight, and she could see well enough to know what's going on there. How could she not punch or kick her way out? 

For that matter she knew where the train car was. Like someone said just call that in or even go back the next day or something.

• Love 2

Hogarth:  I think she has a heart in there, somewhere, I detected a note of sadness when Kith asked her to get the door that it was probably her daughter. However, it was a dick move and really pathetic.  Grab the one that got away on your way out death's door.  That's a f'ed up way to approach life and sadly, she deserves anything that comes at her. Hey, she's cut-throat, so what goes around....

Trish: Probably has felt inferior to Jessica ever since they became sisters, but she loves her to death and visa versa.  Yeah, she killed Jessica's mom, but she only did it because she was a mass murderer and may have eventually killed Jess.  Her heart was in the right place, so I don't begrudge her decision but c'mon, the impossible shot took Jess' mom right in front of her, just when things may have gotten better.  She's still a mass murderer, so having a reconciliation with a mother who is a mass murderer, doesn't carry as much weight.  Trish is a bit envious and probably thinks Jessica was given a gift and just abuses it.  She's got a point.  Jessica has self-worth issues and probably thinks she's too fucked up as a person to deserve hero status. So, she goes out of her way to prove she's not worthy, by being a surly asshole.  I still love her as a character though.

Malcolm: Gets the shit end of the stick ALWAYS. The man has come a long way from the junkie he was back in season 1 and I applaud his transformation.  It just sucks that he works for two unappreciative people, although Jess respects the Hell out of him.  Hogarth, just sees him as a tool to get her needs met. However, Malcolm does have a heart, and he knew Hogarth's scheme was wrong.  Hell, a lot of Hogarth's scheme's are wrong, but she's a criminal defense lawyer and she doesn't mind getting other people dirty.

Dorothy: Needs to just stop pimping her daughter, although she did find a sweet gig, which Trish is killing at, so, while she's very fucking annoying, she does know how to sell that "Patsy" brand.

Jessica: She finally bathed and changed her clothes, so that's good. She may not think she's a hero, but I like my heroes like that. Modest, unassuming, take no shit, live your life, help others when you can.

• Love 3

I find Jeri Hogarth fascinating. Everything in her life is telling her that she will need help and support and the only way she knows how to get it is by manipulating an old flame. Maybe she thinks Kith will still love young Hogarth enough for that. The one that was still comparably innocent once upon a time.

There is very little that she thinks is lovable enough that someone would stick around for the bitter end. One can't say she is deluded about herself. It's probably the only way she CAN accept help. If she manipulated someone into wanting to do that. 

I agree about Trish. Very annoying. Like Jessica, she is a very broken woman. One addiction replaced with another after a lifetime of feeling inferior to Jessica. Being an addict doesn't help. We don't see her brokenness in season 1, she seems to have it all together compared with booze-swilling Jessica but in essence, these two are made for each other. The coping mechanisms are different, that's all.

Oh Malcolm! The hair is gone, the problems are not.

• Love 3

Man, Trish is just convinced that she's the best at EVERYTHING now that she has powers. At least Jessica is smart and humble enough to recognize her limitations. She knows Sallinger is smart, but when she told Trish that he's smarter than both of them put together, Trish had the nerve to look insulted, as if she's some kind of genius (you know, on top of her new parkour skills).

And JFC, her exasperated "Let it go!" made me see red. You don't get to murder someone's mother and then tell them to let it go.

Peter can suck it. In his video, he said that he would have tried to make things right but Jeri didn't him the chance to do so. Riiiiiiight. He didn't just start stealing from his daughter's foundation fund yesterday. Malcolm said that Peter used the money to buy gifts for various girlfriends and pay their rent so this had been going on for a while, and that means he had plenty of time to "make things right." The stuff he said in his video was just the kind of crap that people say after they get caught.

Poor Malcolm. He finally takes a day off and he ends up babysitting Berry and getting punched by her pimp.

I don't know why Jess insisted on checking the tank five seconds after Sallinger left. That was just stupid. She could have just called Costa. If she insisted on looking in there, she should have waited more than a minute.

Poor Jamie Neumann.  There is typecasting and then there is typecasting.  She goes from playing a streetwalker on The Deuce to playing a streetwalker on Jessica Jones.  I wonder if she is a method actor.