Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: AKA Sorry Face

Ah, the old "Catch the villain, but twist!  We have to release him because we have no hard evidence!" bit.  A tale as old as time!  I'm sure Sallinger is going to take full advantage of this second chance.

This really isn't going to end well for Malcolm, is it?

Jeri has lost Rand Industries!  To be fair, this was apparently a decision by the board since Danny is currently on a sabbatical a.k.a. globe-trodding with Ward and wrecking shit!

• Love 2

So close to catching the creepy creeper! So close! 

Poor Eric, the blood pouring out of his eyes were nasty as hell, his powers do seem to really suck most of the time. 

Danny is gonna be so pissed when he finds out that his company let J Money go whenever he gets back from his sabbatical/ass kicking around the world with Ward. 

• Love 3

Malcolm. 😞 

I'm not one of those put off by Jessica's attitude - I don't tune in to get smacked by a positive attitude - but it was nice seeing her smile, when that guy told her that she was like aspirin for him. I haven't really liked him, but he grew on me this episode. I hope this guy doesn't turn on her for any reason. 

Trish being self-righteous is annoying. She isn't plagued by migraines or worse, when she's around the bad guys. 

• Love 7

Just when I was starting to feel a wee bit sorry for Trish's mom, she turned once again into Patsy's mom. Sympathy went out the still open window in Alias Investigations. 

Please tell me that Danny isn't going to come back at the end of the season to right the Rand Board's wrong. It was bad enough seeing him in the last season of Luke Cage

I'm surprised that Trish didn't tell Eric that anyone else Sallinger kills will be on his head. I guess we have seven more episodes for that to happen. 

All that being said, I enjoyed this episode. I like watching Jessica struggle w/ "doing the right thing," but still kicking ass. Along w/ some random acts of super strength, like throwing Trish out a window and destroying the cook's utensil. 

• Love 2
On 6/23/2019 at 4:05 PM, Loandbehold said:

Along w/ some random acts of super strength, like throwing Trish out a window and destroying the cook's utensil. 

I laughed when Jess threw Trish out the window.  In fact, that whole scene was great.  Dorothy's incredulity even to suspect that Jess & Trish were a couple, LOL.  The small, nearly unnoticed shots were the best; like Jessica's little smirk at Trish: "This is my tiny sisterly revenge on you" just when she passed Trish on her way to opening the window. She nearly stuck her tongue out at Trish.  Dorothy then went ahead and ruined her daughter's pride and joy, and missing the fact that her daughter was happy knowing that she's doing what she has always wanted, to feel self-worth by helping people.

Excellent episode, Sallinger's little criminal mind monologue was straight out of a textbook definition of crazy when he told Eric

Sallinger: "You say it’s because I lack empathy, because I’m evil". 

Erick:  "Basically"

Sallinger: "Evil is the wrong word.  I am asserting fairness in an unfair world.  I am vengeful,….appropriately cruel. Those are the things you’re sensing, not evil."

Okay, you're not evil, you're batshit fucking crazy!!  One thing about that whole sequence, Erik's head should have been ringing just by being near Sallinger, not just when he was in his face.

Loved that the sisters worked together to bring down the little pompous shit.

I liked Costa's acceptance that he's working with a super that is reluctant but trying to play by the rules and knowing that criminals don't.

Damn Hogarth may pull her latest shit-fest out of the toilet, too bad.

Nice beatdown Malcolm, maybe one more kick for good measure. 🙏

• Love 1
On 6/26/2019 at 6:31 PM, ganesh said:

I'm not as hard on Trish as the prevailing opinion here, but she needed to get taken down a peg. Girl, you wouldn't voluntarily go to jail. Shut up. 

Even further than that she is a huge hypocrite. She could just talk to the cops, explain that she has been working on this case with Jessica and corroborate everything Jessica has said. It wouldn't even put her in jail and would probably allow them to lock up Sallinger at least a little longer. But I don't see her doing it because it would expose her.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:06 PM, tennisgurl said:

Danny is gonna be so pissed when he finds out that his company let J Money go whenever he gets back from his sabbatical/ass kicking around the world with Ward. 

On the plus side, for me at least, this will probably be the last time we hear about Danny Rand/Rand Enterprises in the entire MCU.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

On the plus side, for me at least, this will probably be the last time we hear about Danny Rand/Rand Enterprises in the entire MCU.

Amen to that. My least favorite Netflix MCU character. I've watched each series at least 3 times, but I've only watched "Iron Fist" once and even that was too much. zzzzzzz

I don't see why Trish is so reluctant to reveal herself when the situation almost demands that she out herself. Being Hellcat is a lot more important than being Patsy.  Besides, episode 11, which I have not seen yet, is titled "A.K.A. Hellcat". What's that about? Is it Trish's entry into the known powered people world or does she finally come out in that fashion-hideous classic Hellcat yellow cat-suit?  Jessica will love that considering her animosity to wearing costumes. (despite the fact that she practically wears a costume right now). By this, I mean Jessica's propensity to wear ripped jeans (of which she apparently has two), T-Shirt, with the classic leather badass (Hasta la Vista) jacket. Costume!

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1

I laughed when Jessica casually opened the window because I knew what was coming and it was still hilarious when she actually pushed Trish out the window.

In other "violence I enjoyed" moments, I was fine with Malcolm beating up Berry's pimp. He owed him for getting punched in the face and then a little extra for being an asshole pimp to the girls.

Trish can shut it with her "I would spend a year in jail in a heartbeat" crap. Erik was not exaggerating when he said that a year in jail would kill him. As he pointed out, he barely survived one day being in the same room with Sallinger. There's no way he would last an entire year trapped with hundreds of Sallingers in such close quarters.

• Love 1
On 9/20/2019 at 6:29 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I laughed when Jessica casually opened the window because I knew what was coming and it was still hilarious when she actually pushed Trish out the window.

This is the *first time* I've seen Trish do something that could be defined as an actual power. It would have been good to see this 3 eps ago.

I am enjoying the villain, but I wish we would see him to more villainy.