Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Anna McMahon

• Start Topic

At least things got interesting at the end.  But the whole 'find the dossier' process was just laughably bad and poorly done.   Sitting there watching a guy with one good arm -- who has just been shot and is probably going into shock -- search a pile of mail was just so stupid.  The secret service agents needed to put in a better effort if it was that important to find the envelope with the flash drive.

DHS needs better agents if they couldn't find Lizzie in the Post Office.

So the plot against America is the assassination of Diaz, but they don't say "which" Diaz -- so I think the Mrs. Diaz is the real target.
Seriously, no one in the brain trust of Cooper, Lizzie, Ressler or Aram could figure that out.  Come on.

I thought the 3rd Estate was wiped out a few episodes ago, but apparently there are more of them.  But why would a clandestine organization like the 3rd Estate register for a protest permit -- that just seems out of character.

But at least we get a cliffhanger going into the S6 finale.  And now it is up to Lizzie and Reddington to save the day.

That music over the intro was a terrible selection, it was annoying and really inappropriate for the entire segment.
In fact most of the music in this episode was just plain annoying.

We had multiple Agnes name drops this episode, and even a Grandma Scottie mention -- still no sign of the dogs or Robert Vesco's cat.  :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

So the plot against America is the assassination of Diaz, but they don't say "which" Diaz -- so I think the Mrs. Diaz is the real target.
Seriously, no one in the brain trust of Cooper, Lizzie, Ressler or Aram could figure that out.  Come on.

And she (Mrs. Diaz) was wearing a red dress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think the plot is to assassinate not only the President but the VP, the Congress, the Cabinet, and the  Supreme Court, save for one easily manipulated, milquetoast Cabinet member.  Hey, who would ever think of doing that?

I rewatched the first shootout and Liz seemed to run out of bullets after three shots.  Didn't do the morning checkout?  I did like Reddington's 'shoot first, ask no questions whatsoever' approach to the second shootout.

Any competent analysis of the CCTV footage would show doctoring.  Besides which, remember the mailman?  He's still alive.

I know it's way late for this, but Aram's OCD monologues are just tiresome.  Just explain the results, please.  Even if the Scooby squad doesn't get it, we the audience do.

Points to Reddington for the exchange with Cooper: "You were right, Reddington".  "Tell me something I don't know, Harold."

• Love 3

After Red's talk with Liz about Katarina I'm back to thinking Red might be Katarina with gender-reassigment surgery. But since TBL has been renewed for another season we aren't going to find out for at least another year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I rewatched the first shootout and Liz seemed to run out of bullets after three shots.  Didn't do the morning checkout?  I did like Reddington's 'shoot first, ask no questions whatsoever' approach to the second shootout.

I actually laughed out loud when she hollered "I'm out"  Usually they can fire hundreds of rounds with no problem. And why didn't she have another clip with more ammo? As mentioned somewhere previously all TV Federal Agents must be enrolled in "PERP APPREHENSION 101"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

OK. As far as I can recall, Red didn't know who Anna McMahon was. But, she's listed as #60 on The Blacklist. Did Red add her at that point? And, does this mean he moved everyone else down one, or did he just take the former #60 and drop them to the end of the list? Inquiring minds and all that. 

How did the eeevvvillll Secret Service agent beat the guy to his friend's house. He had to spend some time torturing the wife before he found out the name and the address of the guy w/ the flash drive. Also, line of work was the husband in that he knows a cyber security expert-hacker, a Washington Post reporter, and also how to go on the run so quickly and know to only use cash and ditch the cell phones? Plus, during the standoff, why was he moving closer to eeevvvillll Secret Service agent and away from Ressler? Sure, at the beginning, he didn't know who to trust, but here's a tip - if you're not sure which group of people to trust, and one group then points guns at you while the other group is only pointing guns at people who are not you, for the moment, you trust those people and stay closer to them. And, since presumably he hasn't watched the show, he can't know that Ressler is an incompetent agent.

8 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I rewatched the first shootout and Liz seemed to run out of bullets after three shots.  Didn't do the morning checkout?

That was hysterical. And no second clip available. Best. Agent. Ever. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

That point in the shootout with the Secret Service when it switched to super slo-mo, and it looked like Lizzie was going to buy the farm was too funny.  Lizzie just sat there and watched, doing nothing to avoid getting shot until Reddington shows up gunning bad guys down.

18 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

OK. As far as I can recall, Red didn't know who Anna McMahon was. But, she's listed as #60 on The Blacklist. Did Red add her at that point? And, does this mean he moved everyone else down one, or did he just take the former #60 and drop them to the end of the list? Inquiring minds and all that. 

As far as I can tell, Blacklist #60 hasn't been used before.  #58, #59, #61 and #62 have been used.  And The Cryptobanker was #160.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Blacklist_episodes

• Love 1
(edited)

How convenient someone took a picture of the guy putting the flash drive in the kid's back pack. But it looked like it was taken during the daytime, it was definitely at night when he did it. 

So Grimm supposedly can't trust the police or FBI or a park ranger and let his "friend" get tortured/killed without doing anything to help him.

Elizabeth ran out of bullets after 5 shots? The supply case is in the back of the SUV and she doesn't have an extra clip on her side. Way to be ready to assist your partner in the field! Desk duty!

The president was dealing with a russian oligarch? Oh my!

Who's the pretty woman snapping her fingers at Aram? Samar's replacement?

What happened to the mailman's blood smeared on the mail truck's window? I know these criminals have a cleaner but that person doesn't work that fast!

All those assholes were around Grimm and no one noticed he put the package in his coat?! These people are assigned to protect the president?  Or he did not mail it and got a mailman pepper sprayed for nothing?

It took Red a few episodes to finally thank Cooper! Couldn't invite him to the big party he threw and get him a lap dance from Carol Burnett!?

All that mail on the ground, you know someone is going to get their service cut off next month for payment not received!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

All those assholes were around Grimm and no one noticed he put the package in his coat?! These people are assigned to protect the president?  Or he did not mail it and got a mailman pepper sprayed for nothing?

Wouldn't surprise me that the Secret Service agents didn't even bother to search Grimm -- oh, he said he mailed it to the Washington Post. we'll take him at his word -- they are nearly as inept as the FBI on this show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I missed the first half hour but I guess I didn't miss much.

Lizzie running out of bullets, shouting "I'M OUT!" then standing up and waiting to get shot/killed (until Red came along) ... what was that, bad writing, stupid character, all of the above? None of it even made sense in an imaginary tv land. Laughable. And not in a good way.

Red being the real Katarina would be The Best Twist EVAH. I would absolutely LOVE that reveal.

The guy is suppose to go through all those spilled envelopes until he finds the one he mailed, all while everyone else just stands around and points guns at him? Alrighty then. Dumbasses.

There were sure a lot of 8.5 x 11 manila envelopes in that spilled mail. Didn't see any 5 x 7 ones. And yeah, all I could think was a bunch of people aren't getting their pension checks and others are going to get their utilities cut off. I guess that scene was a good commercial for paying online and direct deposit.

At the end when CIA arrested FBI, I wanted FBI to say, "No, YOU are under arrest." Then the CIA to say, "NO! YOU are under arrest" in a PeeWee Herman back and forth. "I know you are but what am I."

• Love 4
9 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

After Red's talk with Liz about Katarina I'm back to thinking Red might be Katarina with gender-reassigment surgery. But since TBL has been renewed for another season we aren't going to find out for at least another year.

For some time I've been suspecting Red is Katarina. Just the way Red talks to Liz about her mother and the way he says certain things is the giveaway. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Sure, Liz, it's totally safe to bring Agnes back now that Red said you don't have to worry about Katarina hurting her (which, why would that even be a issue? Katarina did everything she could to protect Masha/Liz, why would she harm her own granddaughter?)

Don't worry about the KGB agent(s) who hassled Ressler because they think your task force have info on Katarina. They're way too nice to use your daughter/her granddaughter as a pawn to smoke her out. And remember the Secret Service agents who just tried to kidnap a family which included a child?  And who are headed by Anna McMahon, who knows Reddington is the only one who can stop her, and must know that Agent Keen is considered to be Red's daughter,  which would make Agnes his granddaughter? McMahon would never have Agnes taken hostage to force Red to surrender (which he has done in the past to rescue Liz.)

Liz, if you can't even meet with your mother-in-law to discuss Agnes because of a work emergency, how are you going to be responsible for Agnes full-time? You've got no backup.

I certainly wouldn't want my child in the same daycare as Agnes. He'd/she'd be collateral damage.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1
On 5/11/2019 at 7:37 AM, NeenerNeener said:

I have long thought that theory ludicrous but I suddenly have a feeling that it’s true.