Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Janelle Pierzina and Britney Haynes (Friends)

• Start Topic

Janelle Pierzina and Britney Haynes (Friends)

Previous seasons: Big Brother 6, Big Brother All-Stars, and Big Brother 14 (Janelle); Big Brother 12 and Big Brother 14 (Britney) 

Janelle Pierzina
Hometown: Lakeville, Minnesota 
Current occupation: Realtor 

Three words to describe you: Determined, competitive, and honest.

What excites you most about traveling? 
Seeing new places and experiencing new cultures.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways? 
Our biggest competition will absolutely be The Amazing Race teams. They have done this before and know what they are doing.

Britney Haynes
Hometown: Tulsa, Oklahoma 
Current occupation: Stay-at-home mom 

Three words to describe you: Sarcastic, emotional, and witty. 

What excites you most about traveling? 
Experiencing other cultures. 

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways? 
Definitely Racers! They are well-seasoned and more prepared for the Race. 

ea5d2cd881032369_janelle_britney.jpg

Surprised to see that Janelle has gone back to being billed as "Pierzina"; on BB14 she did refer to herself by her married name ("DeSanto") at least once.

Also IMO amusing to note that Janey-Doll of the many, many surgical procedures is paired with somebody who may have opted for a nice set of implants, but whose most distinguishing physical feature remains the wonky eye…and there's nothing you can do about that.  

I'm pleased that I'm not finding them particularly objectionable this time;  I guess with no live feeds/After Dark we won't be seeing much of Britney's "talent" for spewing venom about people she's trying to turn other competitors against.  Her snark seems mostly self-effacing this time, which is a pleasant change from some things that don't need to be discussed here.  

Besides, they actually were helpful to the Reilly sisters in episode 3, so points for that.

• Love 2
On 5/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, Hera said:

I can't watch this video (geo-blocked). Would someone be able to give me a summary?

The airport feels like another leg of the race -- an exhausting social game leg where everyone suspects all of the other contestants of colluding with other teams to get an advantage and Janelle and Britney feel like they have to manage several different relationships so everyone likes them.  "So much scheming, it's exhausting, honestly -- it's like we're playing Big Brother at the same time we're playing The Amazing Race."

Corrine and Eliza especially need to be coddled.  Janelle and Britney would talk to the Reilly sisters around the corner so Corrine and Eliza wouldn't see them talking, since Corrine and Eliza hate the Reilly sisters so much, and if Corrine and Eliza saw them sitting next to the Reilly sisters in the airport, they'd have to spend the next 30 minutes with Corrine and Eliza badmouthing the Reilly sisters to preserve their relationship with Corrine and Eliza.

I'm sure it's an accurate portrayal of Corrine and Eliza, but in my opinion, Janelle and Britney come across as being stuck in the junior high mean girl mindset too.  Not a great look for anyone here.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, laserlady said:

The airport feels like another leg of the race -- an exhausting social game leg where everyone suspects all of the other contestants of colluding with other teams to get an advantage and Janelle and Britney feel like they have to manage several different relationships so everyone likes them.  "So much scheming, it's exhausting, honestly -- it's like we're playing Big Brother at the same time we're playing The Amazing Race."

Corrine and Eliza especially need to be coddled.  Janelle and Britney would talk to the Reilly sisters around the corner so Corrine and Eliza wouldn't see them talking, since Corrine and Eliza hate the Reilly sisters so much, and if Corrine and Eliza saw them sitting next to the Reilly sisters in the airport, they'd have to spend the next 30 minutes with Corrine and Eliza badmouthing the Reilly sisters to preserve their relationship with Corrine and Eliza.

I'm sure it's an accurate portrayal of Corrine and Eliza, but in my opinion, Janelle and Britney come across as being stuck in the junior high mean girl mindset too.  Not a great look for anyone here.

I think Britney's over that mindset, because she managed to squash all the drama she and Rachel had when they played together, and Brit trashed her plenty. Janelle I think is still stuck in that mindset.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:28 PM, lexington11 said:

I think Britney's over that mindset, because she managed to squash all the drama she and Rachel had when they played together, and Brit trashed her plenty. Janelle I think is still stuck in that mindset.

I wouldn't say that about Janelle. Both her and Britney were talking about how they had to coddle Corinne and Eliza when it came to other teams. The Reilly sisters asked for a gummy bear from Janelle, so she gave it to them. Then Corinne and Eliza went to them and asked if Janelle was pissed that the Reilly sisters asked them for a GUMMY BEAR. And she said, 'Oh Yeah...I was so pissed that they asked me for a gummy bear'. She might as well have said WTF? Because really...getting pissed you were asked for a Gummy Bear?

• Love 3

At least, Corrine & Eliza are gone. I'm okay with all the other teams. I don't even mind Leo & Jamal and their trickery with the other teams. The two teams I didn't care for when cast were Rupert & Corrine & Eliza. Now, they are gone and I can enjoy the season. I haven't picked a winner yet but I'm guess it's a TAR team or Nicole & Victor. I might have a better idea after tomorrow nights double episode. I'm looking forward to the next leg. I missed the show and it's only been 2 weeks. LOL!!!

• Love 1