Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Becca Droz and Floyd Pierce (Friends)

• Start Topic

Becca Droz and Floyd Pierce (Friends)

Previous season: The Amazing Race 29

Becca Droz
Hometown: Boulder, Colorado
Current occupation: Rock Climbing Instructor/Coach/Guide

Three words to describe you: Excitable, honest, and fun-loving.

What excites you most about traveling?
Gaining new perspectives on the world and life, new experiences.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Our biggest competition will be Racers. They've done it before and they know how this game works.

Floyd Pierce
Hometown: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Current occupation: Client Service Manager

Three words to describe you: Spunky, charismatic, and contemplative.

What excites you most about traveling?
Getting to experience the lives of other people. Every country is so unique and each feels like a different world, and I'm so lucky that I get to see other countries in a way that your average tourist can't.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Definitely the Castaways. I feel like Survivor can be psychologically tougher than the Race because it's more social and you're just sitting around alone with your thoughts. So I think the Castaways can handle themselves during the stressful moments. The Race is also physically and mentally challenging, and obviously, the Castaways are used to those kinds of conditions!

47d691514910e1a8_becca_floyd.jpg

He said they were dating but she bullied him in their season.

Hmm, they live in the same state.

Did they choose to team up or did TAR offer to let them back on only if they pair up?

They were effervescent most of the season, though they ganged up with other teams against one team IIRC.

Their personalities were like "we're having so much fun, not even thinking about the money."

Then in the later rounds, when things didn't go their way, the ginger bared her fangs.

• Love 1

Gotta give them credit, stayed even keeled and focused to survive the U-turn.

now let’s see how they act towards the sisters who U-turned them.  They have every right to be hostile to them but the change from the always-smiling to spitting out venom that Becca displayed was quite a change.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, scrb said:

now let’s see how they act towards the sisters who U-turned them.  They have every right to be hostile to them but the change from the always-smiling to spitting out venom that Becca displayed was quite a change.

There's gonna be drama for sure, because that's the one thing you can always count on with Rachel...if there's any drama on any show she's on, she's the one in the middle of it

On 4/25/2019 at 2:59 AM, scrb said:

I think it's okay to be mad in the moment for a few minutes because that is just a natural human reaction.  To me it's more what people do after it happens.  Do they just move on and get on with it or do they dwell and pout and call in unfair for days afterwards? 

I even could understand if they had some annoyance with Rachel's team even if just from the sense that it didn't seem to be a particularly strategic Uturn usage.  It's certainly fair for Rachel and Eliza to do so and part of the game, but annoyance and maybe just generally not liking Rachel is different to me than when teams act like it's unfair or whine on and on for days about a legal game move.

So in that sense I'm still in wait and see mode on Becca's reaction.

• Love 1

Team Fun is doing video recaps (again) on their YouTube channel.

The first covers Episode 1, with a little bit of pre-show BTS as well, including where they were when they got the second call.  And the second covers Episode 2.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Team Fun is doing video recaps (again) on their YouTube channel.

The first covers Episode 1, with a little bit of pre-show BTS as well, including where they were when they got the second call.  And the second covers Episode 2.

This is great. Thanks.

• Love 1

I'm so onboard for Team Fun that I watch the episode to make sure they didn't get eliminated, then I watch it again so see how the other teams did. 

• Love 4

She is totally an adrenaline junkie.

But I guess this team isn't as fit.  The run pretty much decided the order except for Victor and Nicole who got lost on the way to the pitstop.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, scrb said:

I can't tell if Floyd got the shell game thing with the Roman soldiers on the first try or not.

They made it appear that way, but I have to think they would have put "First Attempt" on the screen if it really was his first try.    

9 hours ago, scrb said:

I can't tell if Floyd got the shell game thing with the Roman soldiers on the first try or not.

I don't think so, or they would've put "Try/Attempt 1" on the screen, like they always do 

(edited)
14 hours ago, scrb said:

I personally think it was.  The Centurions seemed to make a big deal of him getting it so quickly.  And his background in marching band really does help.

4 hours ago, lexington11 said:

I don't think so, or they would've put "Try/Attempt 1" on the screen, like they always do 

My counter-point would be that they didn't put up what number attempt it was like they normally do?  Maybe the question will be answered on their recap.

Edited by HawaiiTVGuy
  • Love 3

Becca showed her fangs when she told the guy she wants to throw the egg at him.

But they were happy at the end.

They can't blame anyone but themselves for getting lost and then losing time with the cracked egg.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, scrb said:

Becca showed her fangs when she told the guy she wants to throw the egg at him.

That was one of my favorite parts of the episode, because Becca would've been me at that market, albeit with less colorful language than I'd use