Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: The Night of the Dying Breath

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jane memorized her phone's serial number? Does she know all the FBI car's VIN numbers too?

I should use her tricks to keep my phone going after the battery goes (I just need to carry a bra with me) and practice eating dirt (just in case).

FBI allows Madeline's lawyer in their most sensitive area and don't pat him down or check his briefcase for gadgets? 

Dominic must be a pro at grave digging. He left no sign a hole was dug there.

Due the bad camera angle and light, I couldn't tell if Weller dug all by himself and the other agents just stood by and watched him.

Poor Madeline! That woman never wins. Now she passed the Helios baton to Dominic (her second in command loser).  How much longer with these terrible villains? Now that they mentioned her sons, how long will it be until we see their attempt at terrorism?

If Jane was really honest, she had no faith they would find her and she wanted to kick Rich's ass for his bad jokes.

Per Tasha: The CIA called off the dogs on Keaton and now he has carte blanche to do whatever he wants. Unbelievable. I knew that story line was a waste!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Poor Madeline! That woman never wins. Now she passed the Helios baton to Dominic (her second in command loser).  How much longer with these terrible villains? Now that they mentioned her sons, how long will it be until we see their attempt at terrorism?

Yeah, the show need to be done with her and her people.

36 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Per Tasha: The CIA called off the dogs on Keaton and now he has carte blanche to do whatever he wants. Unbelievable. I knew that story line was a waste!

Yeah, they didn't know what to do with her character.

• Love 1

Is it wrong for me to have wished Jane and Weller had died in that episode, boy they have both become so pathetic this season. Rich and Patterson carry the show again.

They should have put Jane in prison for killing an endangered species.

Did that caterpillar have a machete? The scar on Jane's neck was longer than the caterpillar.

I did like the ending where they broke Madeleine's deal because the lawyer's jamming device and insistence of no surveillance meant that no one could prove they every made a deal.

• Love 5

In a completely unexpected development, Tasha found a belt for her faux-leather pants. Why she decided to accessorize in the middle of an ongoing crisis is an exercise left to the viewer.

I did not watch the episode but didn't the Quentin Tarantino-directed episode of CSI also focus on a team member who was buried alive and who was rescued by their identification of a rare insect?

All those FBI agents and Weller is the only one with a shovel. The rest were just milling about. They weren't even helping him by shining their flashlights on the scene!

If the FBI has a Blackhawk on standby, they should also have Forward Looking Infrared which would have been much more effective than the phone trick.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dwmarch said:

If the FBI has a Blackhawk on standby..., 

Too bad it was unavailable when they needed to reach the hospital helipad a few episodes ago....

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, dwmarch said:

In a completely unexpected development, Tasha found a belt for her faux-leather pants. Why she decided to accessorize in the middle of an ongoing crisis is an exercise left to the viewer.

Your post about her missing belt (I think last week), made me notice she had one on this episode (Thank you). I guess the writers or Tasha are lurking this site and took note to add a belt.

14 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Is it wrong for me to have wished Jane and Weller had died in that episode, boy they have both become so pathetic this season.

No.  The heads of the network probably shared your wish.

If dumb Dominic didn't leave her a phone, Jane was done and Weller could have died from complications after being tasered by Reade for insubordination or he could have fallen/been pushed out the helicopter because he yelled at a very emotional pilot.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Is it wrong for me to have wished Jane and Weller had died in that episode, boy they have both become so pathetic this season. Rich and Patterson carry the show again.

They should have put Jane in prison for killing an endangered species.

Did that caterpillar have a machete? The scar on Jane's neck was longer than the caterpillar.

I did like the ending where they broke Madeleine's deal because the lawyer's jamming device and insistence of no surveillance meant that no one could prove they every made a deal.

Honestly, they don't know what to do with either of them, hence why there's constant forced drama that has to keep throwing at them.

• Love 2

The team should have called on the Leverage team. They have experience finding buried-alive team members.

I had this episode on but barely watched. I knew they would get Jane out at the very last minute. *yawn* Everything else was just filler.

• Love 2
On 4/6/2019 at 6:17 AM, dwmarch said:

I did not watch the episode but didn't the Quentin Tarantino-directed episode of CSI also focus on a team member who was buried alive and who was rescued by their identification of a rare insect?

IIRC it was ants but it's been a while. Also 'team member buried alive' seems to be a standard entry on the to-do list in many writers rooms.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:13 PM, saber5055 said:

The team should have called on the Leverage team. They have experience finding buried-alive team members.

I'm still in awe that Parker and Hardison were enough in sync to get that 'move left' stunt right and she didn't shoot him!

I thought Jane had gotten the wire from the light Dominic had left her. Instead I'm supposed to believe Ninja Jane who has to run, jump off buildings, wiggle out of restraints and fight villains with her fists on a daily basis would wear an underwire bra??? Never has the show pushed my suspension of disbelief harder!

• LOL 1
On 4/6/2019 at 2:13 PM, saber5055 said:

Don't bother calling the team from "The Following". It didn't end well for the Agent Parker.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

That was hackneyed.  If the writers thought that a life-in-crisis episode needed Rich's nonstop blather about every little item, they were wrong. 

Did anyone else's forum format change to itty bitty boxes?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Don't bother calling the team from "The Following". It didn't end well for the Agent Parker.

Well it technically didn't end well for anyone there considering the way that show went.

24 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

That was hackneyed.  If the writers thought that a life-in-crisis episode needed Rich's nonstop blather about every little item, they were wrong. 

The site is undergoing changes, I think.

53 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Squishy squishy! At the bottom of the page there's a theme button. I changed mine to "light: medium type" and the page rediscovered all that lovely screen real estate. To relate it back to the episode, it was just like Jane getting busted out of that box! I could almost hear Weller growling as I switched themes.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Free said:

Well it technically didn't end well for anyone there considering the way that show went

No kidding! People were dropping at a high rate on this show, there were times I was wondering if I was going to be next!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

No kidding! People were dropping at a high rate on this show, there were times I was wondering if I was going to be next!

Yeah, I didn't really know what the show was anymore at that point.

(edited)

Jane must be pregnant.  Zapata noticed she wasn't joining the celebratory drink at the end.  That's usually how a pregnancy is 'revealed' on tv, either that or fainting for no reason, or having everyone tell you you're 'glowing'.  cuz that happens all the time in real life

Edited by judyri

Not to minimize Kurt being freaked out because his wife was kidnapped/buried alive, but - man, oh man - his flaring emotions were grating on me.  All of his bellowing (especially towards Reade) "we have to take this deal"  "I'm getting my wife"  "I'm going to find my wife" "What do you mean we're not taking it the deal"?  "We're taking the deal, right?" "Where's my wife?"  "Where's Domenic?"   OY VEY!  Jane was more calm and she was the one buried in a box!

• Love 1

I am fairly claustrophobic so I had a hard time watching this episode, even though I knew that Jane would be rescued in the end.

I must not have been paying that close attention... once they knew where the cabin was, why didn't someone in the helicopter use a infrared heat camera to look for a prone body?  It didn't look like she was buried that deeply.  And would her air really last that long in the coffin?