Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E.20: Ke ala o ka pū (Way of the Gun)

• Start Topic

I would love to know what happened in production to give us that utterly terrible shot of California in the background when Steve and Duke arrived. It was like "We've run out of money for bad CGI, so use a first-generation Windows phone to take a blurry picture of a dirty postcard and then paste it using MS Paint."

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 4/6/2019 at 12:42 AM, Passepartout said:

Yeah that is TV for you. Still love Five 0 but they are going way over the top. Going out of their own jurisdiction to fight crime. Really gimme a break!

It was just being cheap unless we were to believe Duke was going to murder him as a plan. You stop and pick up local police or Sheriff deputies so they are not rolling after outside law enforcement  serving a warrant when the  911 calls come in.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1
(edited)

The epi description said the gun had affected “all of their lives” - did I miss something?  I saw the connection with Steve, Duke, Tani and Danny, but nothing with Lou, Junior, Adam, Noelani or Jerry.  

I don’t know what it is, but I find the actor who plays Steve’s dad to be creepy (or maybe he plays the character as creepy) and makes me not like Pops McGarrett.

Edited by Mittengirl

BTW, did I miss something? Danny says to the customer "hold the pressure until the ambulance comes". Fine, but....did anyone call the ambulance/police? She couldn't do it...she was (a) terrified before Danny called her over and (b) holding the pressure with both hands after. There certainly was no "silent alarm" that the store clerk could have triggered and Danny had no time to call it in either. He grabs a gun, heads out after the thief and only after he loses the thief does he call it in about losing the thief "in the robbery", as if 911 (which is who I think he called) already knew about the robbery & he was just following up with where he lost the thief and, in fact, 911 was sending a squad car/detectives, but said nothing about an ambulance! No wonder the clerk bled out!!!

• Love 6
(edited)

Really good episode, best since #200.  I was also confused by Danny's comment about the ambulance, but still a really good ep.  The show can still bring it  when it tries to tell a decent story and isn't just working around the actors' availability.

Edited by Magnumfangirl
  • Love 2

I liked this episode, but maybe I am just missing Cold Case. The ending with Duke was especially good, but then I always like Duke and wish his role were bigger.

Oh Tani. Bangs are not your friend.

12 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I would love to know what happened in production to give us that utterly terrible shot of California in the background when Steve and Duke arrived. It was like "We've run out of money for bad CGI, so use a first-generation Windows phone to take a blurry picture of a dirty postcard and then paste it using MS Paint."

It was probably done by the same person who gave us the picture of the teenage girl, her mom, and mom's abusive boyfriend, which was one of the worst photoshops ever. Abusive boyfriend's head was waaay bigger than mom's head and they had his hand hovering two inches above her shoulder. I don't know why they didn't just have the three actors pose for an actual photo together.

• Love 1

'Cold Case' nostalgia, plot holes and bad CGI aside it was a refreshing change of pace. Speaking of 'Cold Case' I was surprised they didn't use 'Janie's got a gun' for the score.

Of course Five-0 doesn't care about details like jurisdiction - not the first time they made a trip to the mainland because nobody else is up to the job of policing!

• Love 1
On 4/8/2019 at 11:54 AM, MissLucas said:

Of course Five-0 doesn't care about details like jurisdiction - not the first time they made a trip to the mainland because nobody else is up to the job of policing!

Avalanche has already started; too late for the pebbles to vote. Complaining about Five-0's jurisdiction at this point, while credible, well, that's just not this show. Danny was like, "so you're going to Cali?" Uh, yes, of course they are. Still Duke's takedown was bad ass - "hey that's the dude's son you shot in 83 right before you shot me. What you know about it?"

I actually liked the concept and was thoroughly entertained throughout. 

Danny and Tani in the car MUCH better than the bickering too. Plus, Danny was great - Those weren't your people. You saved your brother's life.

Him and Lou are actually good mentors. 

• Love 2