Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: In Loving Virtue

Dee
  • Start Topic

With the reputation of the family business on the line, the Lyons strategize on how to clean up Kingsley's mess and introduce a new and improved Empire. As Lucious and Cookie hire an old acquaintance to help track down the money Eddie stole, Andre tries to convince Devon's record label to let him record with Empire. Meanwhile, Treasure and Tiana fight for the female vocalist track on Jamal's new song.

Damn, Lucious' mother is evil. I am glad that he is pushing back and trying to be better. I was glad that he showed up before Cookie did something stupid. Terrence Howard has been outstanding this season.

What is going on with Andre? It is worrisome. I hope it isn't serious.

Thirsty in trouble with the FBI.  He better give up Damian and not Lucious.

Nice to see Jamal back into his music and tight with Tiana. Tiana is too good to be throwing down with Treasure.

I can't believe how much I have come to like Giselle. She and Becky are a wonderful comedic duo.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

The fashion was totally on point. I loved what Tiana was wearing on the red carpet. And Devon's red MC jacket. Bella was adorbs!

Porsha's right. Pay your dues, Maya! And give Cookie her coffee. (also: "I was where you're at. But with better style." LOL!!!!) So true!!!! I really liked the little bit we saw of Porsha and Blake -- hope that becomes a full track.

Also LOL on Lucious barging in on that focus group. Good thing he didn't have his bat.

Yay, Alicia Coppola! And Giselle is stunning.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Biggie B said:

Giselle and Becky are hilarious together.

When they both pointed out the door in the studio, I fell out.

On soap operas (which this is), nosebleeds always mean brain tumors. That's what I'm thinking for Andre.

• Love 10

I love the Giselle-Becky dynamic. They have great chemistry and work well off each other. I hope their friendship is genuine and that Giselle isn't setting Becky up for something. I can't shake this deep, underlying feeling that something doesn't quite add up. And where the hell did Treasure come from? What did I miss? Although I like that she's not scared to pop off at Tiana. Tiana kinda gets on my nerves thinking she's everything.

• Love 1

Andre threatening a guy with a katana and breaking his antique suite of armor to get a guy out of his contract was, like, peak Empire. But things are looking bad for Andre, calls to talk in person about a nosebleed is never a good sign, especially in a soap opera! 

The clothes were so on point this week, especially at the red carpet, especially Becky. She looked amazing, I loved her hair so much! Even Bella looked adorable with her big purple coat. Although, Tiana shouldn't waste a second on Treasure. She is way too good to have a cat fight with this random minor leager. Treasure needs to back off of her. As Jamal said, she has hardly even put a song out yet, and Tiana is Empires princess. 

It was cool seeing Jamal and Tiana have some scenes together thats a pairing we dont get very much. And that red carpet pettiness was hysterical. 

Terrence Howard just killed those scenes with his mom, that was heartbreaking. God, his mom is really terrible, no matter how much he does to try and help her. I mean, no one is going to be giving Lucious any parent of the year awards any time soon, but at least I dont think he has ever told any of his sons that they were born evil, and would never change. 

I would totally go to any Empire related events I could in this universe. I mean, even a freaking focus group can end with Lucious barging in when someone talks some shit, and him and Cookie announcing their couplehood to everyone there. Never a dull moment! 

Giselle and Becky are such a fun combination, they're friendship better be real and genuine, and not Giselle manipulating her.  

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1
On 3/22/2019 at 12:33 PM, tennisgurl said:

I dont think he has ever told any of his sons that they were born evil, and would never change. 

I seem to recall him saying some things like that to both Jamal and Andre.  And let's not forget that he put Jamal in the freaking trash.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, jhlipton said:

I seem to recall him saying some things like that to both Jamal and Andre.  And let's not forget that he put Jamal in the freaking trash.

He also told Jamal that he would die of AIDS. That was the cruelest thing that he ever said to him.. The sad thing is that his children all want his love, just like he wants his mother's.. The caveat is that Luscious mother is mentally ill, what is Luscious reasonings for being cruel to his sons..

Edited by Apprentice79
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

what is Luscious reasonings for being cruel to his sons..

I one heard that a psychopath doesn't know right from wrong, whereas a sociopath knows the difference but just doesn't care.  I see Luscious as being more of a sociopath, but not completely.

The writers are turning Andre into a bonfide nutcase (not that he doesn't already have mental issues). It looks more or less they are trying to kill him off. Sad that all this was written before the JS disastrous scandal. So if they choose to kill him off and now have to write Jamal off who are they going to be left with, Hakeem? That'll be some drama to watch🤣🤣🤣

Cookie and Lucious hold this show together exceedingly well. The scene wilh Lucious and his mother was heartbreaking. The mother is truly nuts. Poor Lucious never had a chance. 

Tiana and her rival almost exchanging blows on the red carpet was alarming. Becky does her job well. I liked her outfit on the red carpet. 

Porsha is growing into her role well and she may prove to be a lot tougher to boss around than Cookie thinks. The more she realizes that she's not getting what she deserves the more she may become tough for Cookie to handle=just my thoughts.

Jamal is doing what he does well but I'm still struggling to actually view him without thinking about the atrocious hoax he pulled. Why JS why?

Good episode.

Edited by Margohill
  • Love 3
On 3/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, Empress1 said:

When they both pointed out the door in the studio, I fell out.

On soap operas (which this is), nosebleeds always mean brain tumors. That's what I'm thinking for Andre.

Same, girl, same.  That was awesome.

Not just a nosebleed, but a nosebleed followed by unconsciousness.  No bueno.

On 3/21/2019 at 2:29 PM, worleybird said:

I noticed in the opening credits he is now Terrence Dashon Howard.

Me too, and I was wondering if I had missed that all along!  Anyone know the backstory?  Urr...I suppose I could google that...!