Type keyword(s) to search

Married to Medicine Los Angeles - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My DVR cut off mid-way through Sis Cation and I tried to record the rerun but only got the latest episode.  I went on Bravo's site to try to catch up but it's not available to watch...did something happen to cause this episode to be pulled?  

53 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

My DVR cut off mid-way through Sis Cation and I tried to record the rerun but only got the latest episode.  I went on Bravo's site to try to catch up but it's not available to watch...did something happen to cause this episode to be pulled?  

Not that I know of. I still have my recording.

Episode 10:

"Christmas in Beverly Hills"

Back in LA from Palm Springs the ladies get down to business. Shanique meets with realtor Josh Altman, who gives her a dose of true tea. Kendra breaks the news to Hobart that she is going back to work full time. Britten and Mack attempt to kick Minie out of their bedroom. Imani faces an uncertain future. Jazmin hosts an end of the year holiday party, but with the other ladies hungry to meet her husband, will she end up on their naughty list if he doesn’t show?

Airs July 12, 2020.

• Love 1

Jazmin’s house seems more like a set than a home - wonder if they live someplace else and this is a house she manages. As Imani said on wwhl, Jazmin’s connection to medicine is her husband, so it’s weird he’s invisible. Britten was on wwhl too and said Jazmin tries to make herself mysterious by keeping her husband secret - but she has met him and said he’s soft spoken and nice.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Jazmin’s house seems more like a set than a home - wonder if they live someplace else and this is a house she manages. As Imani said on wwhl, Jazmin’s connection to medicine is her husband, so it’s weird he’s invisible. Britten was on wwhl too and said Jazmin tries to make herself mysterious by keeping her husband secret - but she has met him and said he’s soft spoken and nice.

I was thinking the same thing....for one quick minute I thought Jazmin was working an event, that she tried to pass off as her own.  I would have had a velvet rope (if not a gate made out of the same material as the spindals) to block off the stairs. That would have visually set off the tone that upstairs are off limits. And would have made it better easier for security.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

I don't see why Jazmine should have a party in her house still trying to hide the husband. I mean he doesn't want to film or whatever (although it's Married to Medicine) cool, but I wouldn't host a party at home knowing that's a hot button. And WTF is she wearing? It looks like a Victoria's Secret slip. 

There was some positivity though. Britten finally got her son out of the bed! 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I don't see why Jazmine should have a party in her house still trying to hide the husband. I mean he doesn't want to film or whatever (although it's Married to Medicine) cool, but I wouldn't host a party at home knowing that's a hot button. And WTF is she wearing? It looks like a Victoria's Secret slip. 

There was some positivity though. Britten finally got her son out of the bed

Yeah - she gave two kinda lame reasons for kicking out JR... I really think it was because she or Mack Sr or both were horny...

(edited)
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

WTF is wrong with Britten and her son?.  When I was her son's age I never would have even thought of sleeping with my parents.  Something wrong there.

I also had a concern with  Britten being  a little too hands on during the toothbrushing scene for a 7 yr old..

I do like how his big sister handled him... told him plainly to go up to the top bunk. I see he went up there without a debate or whine.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I think the boy was just coddled too long. It becomes normal to them, I guess. I know somebody who had trouble getting her daughter out of the bed and she was older than Britten's son at the time.  Not saying I would do it but I think anybody can get used to pretty much anything. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I saw Imani on WWHL and she was mentioning Jazmine's husband.  I don't get why they're getting on Jazmine's case when the PRODUCERS of the show were the ones who hired her.  

If they want to see her huzband, then follow her in Instagram.  

I think the man doesn't want to be bothered.

There's a woman on Instagram who looks JUST LIKE Jazmin so much it's bizarre.

Hey, maybe it once was a drug dealer's house and they got it on one of those auctions where they auction off the property of drug dealers.😁

These people seem so shallow.  I didn't like when Imani was like, "there's NO WAY you can buy a house like this on a doctor's salary."  STFU.  I can't stand Imani because when someone calls her on her behavior she's like, "well, I grew up in Harlem."  Huh?  I grew up in Harlem too, all it means is that...you grew up in Harlem.  Her crass-ness has nothing to do with where she grew up.

Lia, I also see your hairline when you got out of that bubble.....all the way to her ears.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I saw Imani on WWHL and she was mentioning Jazmine's husband.  I don't get why they're getting on Jazmine's case when the PRODUCERS of the show were the ones who hired her.  

If they want to see her huzband, then follow her in Instagram.  

I think the man doesn't want to be bothered.

There's a woman on Instagram who looks JUST LIKE Jazmin so much it's bizarre.

Hey, maybe it once was a drug dealer's house and they got it on one of those auctions where they auction off the property of drug dealers.😁

These people seem so shallow.  I didn't like when Imani was like, "there's NO WAY you can buy a house like this on a doctor's salary."  STFU.  I can't stand Imani because when someone calls her on her behavior she's like, "well, I grew up in Harlem."  Huh?  I grew up in Harlem too, all it means is that...you grew up in Harlem. 

I agree. If they really want to see  the  man, it wouldn't hurt to put a little more effort into the process besides whining about it and waiting for an invitation.  The man is a Dr in LA. just how hard can he be to find and look at ?

• Love 2
(edited)

This show proves one thing to me:  You can have an MD degree and be as ignorant as fuck.  Why are these women SO CONCERNED about Jazmine's husband.  Who the fuck cares?  You're in a beautiful house, at a party, enjoy yourself!

Lia, stop worrying about Jazmine's husband, worry about your edges, or lack of edges, sis.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

This show proves one thing to me:  You can have an MD degree and be as ignorant as fuck.  Why are these women SO CONCERNED about Jazmine's husband.  Who the fuck cares?  You're in a beautiful house, at a party, enjoy yourself!

Lia, stop worrying about Jazmine's husband, worry about your edges, or lack of edges, sis.

Oh, no! Lol! 🤦🏾‍♀️ Lia's edges are definitely thin, but I think maybe she just has a far back hairline in general? She should try that Monistat treatment (yes that Monistat) to regrow her edges. I've never tried it but people say it works.

I. Died. When Jazzmine went to sing with the choir in that freakum dress.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/13/2020 at 8:12 AM, bichonblitz said:

Wait.....did Imani say she and her husband haven't had sex in 5 years? (last ep, not this one). Did I hear that right? 

That's what I heard! & that's about all I could think about from the prior episode. I commented on the last page. Suffice it to say, I don't think her marriage breaking up was as out of the blue as she portrayed it.

Britten & Mack were headed down that road, but TYJ she finally got the kid out of the bed! There's still passion there, sometimes the way he looks at her... he clearly adores her. 

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1
On 7/14/2020 at 1:57 PM, Neurochick said:

I agree. He clearly doesn't want to be on TV. Plus, she once said he has a practice and also does hospital shifts, so he likely doesn't have time for that crap. Don't blame him.

Lia's edges make me sad. She needs to follow the advice of the poster above and see if she can fix that. Also, Imani needs to putting so much bronzer or whatever it is she puts on herself or whatever she's doing. it may be too much lotion because she clearly sits in the sun a lot and has tan lines-- but sometimes I want to hose her down. Also, she wears way too many one shoulder dresses. Does she have one of the styles in every single color?

I like the Atlanta women a lot more, although I could use a few weeks with Jazmin to get rid of these pandemic pounds.

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Anyone know if there’s a reunion show coming? 

My guide has the "shahs of sunset" airing in the time slot. I suspect the beginning of the virus outbreak stopped initial filming plus Andy came down with the illness pretty early in the quarantine time-frame.

Actually showing the MDs and how they handled/worked/ transition to COVID-19 patients ( w/o violating HIPPA)  would be more interesting than seeing a grown woman roll around in plastic toy. For example, mental health and those dealing with additions (Imini's specialty), Dr Britten - did she get laid off since she wants to kinda work 9-5 in an elective surgery office, as opposed to a hospital, Dr Kendra - OB patients - making sure they are taking care /protecting  of themselves and the baby.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

Anyone know if there’s a reunion show coming? 

If they do, it won't be for a few weeks.  Today and next Sunday Bravo is airing the two-part Shahs reunion.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don’t think they’re going to have a reunion; they didn’t have one last season, and last season had more unresolved issues.  They barely fought this season, all the storylines were wrapped up by the beginning of the finale, rendering the second half of the finale boring and pointless, unless one is acutely interested in a.) the idea of Jazmin’s husband (who is visible all over the internet) possibly being upstairs; b.) a Mariah Carey impersonator; or c.) Lia floating over a pool in a bubble.  I mean, this season was so grasping and there was so much space left in the finale that we had to sit through a segment of Josh Altman looking really strange and bloated cross-promoting his real estate show. 

What could they possibly talk about at a reunion?  Imani is getting an amicable divorce, Kendra is going back to work with Hobart’s approval, Britten’s kid is out of her bed, Lia is no longer saying that another woman is dressed like a fighter pilot, Jazmin is still focused on her abs, and Shanique may or may not try her hand at high end real estate (I was too bored to focus on what she and Robert pretended to decide).  Any additional info can be gleaned from the Bravo website.  I would find a reunion super redundant.  

Andy had Britten and Imani on WWHL last week, and he gave them ample opportunity to talk about COVID, and neither of them had anything novel or interesting to say.  Britten recommends washing your hands and humping a pillow (seriously).  It’s apparently Andy’s opinion that the two arguable stars of this show couldn’t even fill a 22 minute slot, because he spent probably 1/3 of the show forcing them to talk about Jazmin’s oh-so-mysterious husband (when the women really didn’t seem interested) and he had to have Heavenly drop in and join the conversation.  

I don’t hate this show at all.  I think there is room for a positive show on Bravo that is light on drama.  I just think it should be a half an hour and the women should present more as their real selves, and not as characters.  When Britten and Imani were on WWHL, I thought they were great.  Britten was acting like she had more of a tough chick edge, pretending she didn’t know who Dorit from RHBH was, and low-key putting down that show, and I actually liked that version of her a lot better than the mom and friend with the heart of gold that she plays on the show.  Imani was more professional and normal and overall more likable too.  

I feel like this show is edited/produced in such a self-conscious way that these women have no shot of coming into their own.  They’re very different from the Atlanta women, but they’re not allowed to break out of that mold.  There were women from the Atlanta franchise on four or five of the ten episodes.  Who needs them, especially Contessa, the least popular one of the bunch by far???  Who needs Heavenly making digs about penis size based on race?  I would so much rather see the LA women in Palm Springs or in LA just doing their own thing.  M2M Original Recipe actually had a really boring season last year and I think this franchise has a chance of surpassing it if the powers that be just left it the hell alone and let it breathe for a hot second.  Maybe they’re afraid of M2M Houston repeat, which had no ties to the original franchise and got cancelled a few episodes in.  I loved it; that was my favorite of all the three, so maybe I just don’t have my pulse on what an audience would like?  That show was also doomed from the beginning, though, because it had an awful time slot.  I think it was on Saturday night.  

If this show comes back, I really hope they cut the Heavenly and Contessa connections and just let the cast sink or swim. Everyone should be themselves, show their families, show their careers, and the show might want to figure out minor details in advance of airing, such as who is a main character and who is a friend of (Lia).  Out of the four million people in LA, find six women who are doctors or married to doctors who are actually willing to film their lives.  Leave Contessa and Heavenly home.  Let them wreak havoc and chaos and the fat shaming of which they are both fond in Atlanta.  These LA women are overall classier, nicer to each other and they drink a lot less.  Bravo thinks that is a recipe for disaster.  They’ll only be satiated when they can achieve the equivalent of Toya and Mariah fist fighting at a formal dinner party.  

69B77563-016B-4D6F-91CF-80251D8FC281.gif.0b219d75dcc395ef88c360df9eb48b0f.gif

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Edited to add imagery
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

These LA women are overall classier, nicer to each other and they drink a lot less.  Bravo thinks that is a recipe for disaster.  They’ll only be satiated when they can achieve the equivalent of Toya and Mariah fist fighting at a formal dinner party.  

Maybe Bravo feels they know what their audience likes.  I guess their audience wants to see drama, drama and more drama.

I hope this show returns. I enjoyed both seasons. It was refreshing to see relatively normal but interesting people without the stereotypical drama. I think the producers and editors could do a better job of crafting and presenting the episodes and story-lines though. And since "Married" is in the show title it would be nice to see the spouses more - even if just once to introduce.

Speaking of spouses here are their names:

Dr. Gadson Johnson   (Jazmin Johnson)
Dr. Hobart Leung   (Dr. Kendra Segura)
Dr. Robert Drummond   (Shanique Drummond) 
Dr. Colin Dias   (Lia Dias)
Mack Major   (Dr. Britten Cole)
Phil Johnson   (Dr. Imani Walker)
Dr. Erin Reid   (Dr. Noelle Reid)
Dr. Larry Blankinship   (Asha Kamali-Blankinship)

Also like the diversity in terms of:

... diaspora (Caribbean) ...
Imani Walker - Jamaican-American
Shanique Drummond - Jamaican-American
Kendra Segura - Vietnamese/Afro-Cuban-American

... multi-racial background ...
Kendra Segura - Vietnamese/Afro-Cuban-American
Jazmin Johnson - Persian/African-American
Britten Cole - White/African-American

... inter-racial marriage ...
Colin Dias - Egyptian-American
Hobart Leung - Asian/Canadian-American