Type keyword(s) to search

Whispers and Rumors: Spoilers

• Start Topic

I'm so happy we have this thread!  Thank you!

I'm going to guess that the 10 grammys with the Bee is edited and is a red herring.  Gladys Knight has 10 great grandchildren.  The way that she answers the question is kind of endearing (for lack of a better word) vs matter of fact.  So I think that Robin was asking her that and was asking someone else the grammy question.  I tried to place his outfit in a different episode, but couldn't.

Is this where we post our guesses? If it is...

• Peacock: I was leaning pretty heavily towards NPH, but that's probably just me buying into a red herring. After reading the other thread, I agree, it's more likely Donny Osmond.
  • Alien: The first week, I thought she might be one of the lesser Kardashians, but now I'm convinced she's LaToya Jackson.
  • Bee: Obviously a Motown legend. I'm going with Gladys Knight. (Unless the show was taped before Aretha Franklin passed.)
  • Rabbit: Based on the clues from his first episode, it's definitely someone from N*Sync. Justin's too big a name, so it's gotta be one of the others. My first instinct was Lance Bass, but I agree with the crowd, it's proabably Joey Fatone.
  • Lion: No clue.
  • Monster: Same.
46 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

• Peacock: I was leaning pretty heavily towards NPH, but that's probably just me buying into a red herring. After reading the other thread, I agree, it's more likely Donny Osmond.
  • Alien: The first week, I thought she might be one of the lesser Kardashians, but now I'm convinced she's LaToya Jackson.
  • Bee: Obviously a Motown legend. I'm going with Gladys Knight. (Unless the show was taped before Aretha Franklin passed.)
  • Rabbit: Based on the clues from his first episode, it's definitely someone from N*Sync. Justin's too big a name, so it's gotta be one of the others. My first instinct was Lance Bass, but I agree with the crowd, it's proabably Joey Fatone.
  • Lion: No clue.
  • Monster: Same.

I think predictions not based on spoilers go here —> 

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, chi-girl said:

I'm so happy we have this thread!  Thank you!

I'm going to guess that the 10 grammys with the Bee is edited and is a red herring.  Gladys Knight has 10 great grandchildren.  The way that she answers the question is kind of endearing (for lack of a better word) vs matter of fact.  So I think that Robin was asking her that and was asking someone else the grammy question.  I tried to place his outfit in a different episode, but couldn't.

Well I was certainly wrong on this.  Assuming Bee is Gladys Knight, I wonder how she has 10 grammys.  She must have gotten two for some of her wins? 

5 minutes ago, chi-girl said:

Well I was certainly wrong on this.  Assuming Bee is Gladys Knight, I wonder how she has 10 grammys.  She must have gotten two for some of her wins? 

I agree.  The Grammy website lists her as having 7 total.  3 of them are with the Pips.  So 4 individual, 3 with Pips.  The only thing I can think of is that on some awards like Album of the Year, both the singer and the production team get a Grammy.  So maybe she got an award as both singer and producer on some of them.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, blackwing said:

I agree.  The Grammy website lists her as having 7 total.  3 of them are with the Pips.  So 4 individual, 3 with Pips.  The only thing I can think of is that on some awards like Album of the Year, both the singer and the production team get a Grammy.  So maybe she got an award as both singer and producer on some of them.

Yeah I saw one where she was in the choir and also the choir director--I think it was director??--it was something like that.  I was thinking maybe she got one for each of those roles?

10 hours ago, blackwing said:

I think that Gladis and/or the show might have made a mistake with her number of Grammys. 

Chaka Khan has 10 Grammys. The only wriggle room there is that the Bee said she has 10, not that she had specifically won 10. So if it’s in fact Gladys, then either someone gave her 3 Grammys (the physical statue, that is), she is confused about how many she has won (which seems unlikely), or it’s a blatant lie/ misdirection. Same thing with the earlier mention of having started performing in the 1950s. Performing doesn’t have to mean paid performing; it could refer to performing for family, friends, or at church or school. 

15 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Ah-hahahaha, "lesser Kardashians!"  I'm only laughing because I, convinced that Alien was either Kylie or Kendall, kept saying the same thing:  lesser Kardashian...uh, Jenner...whatever.  It wasn't until last week that I jumped on the LaToya bandwagon when I saw the Muncie, IN police badge.

Lance Bass is a bass (very low voice); he doesn't have the range that Rabbit has.  Chris Kirkpatrick sings very high, and is shorter than 5'11", so it's not him either.  I was *so* hoping it was JC, but aaaaaaaaaall of the clues (including the 17 tattoos; JC is deathly afraid of needles and is the only one who didn't get matching tattoos with the rest of the guys) point to Joey.  [/NSync superfan moment]

I found this taping report from TV Guide but it does include some very big spoilers.  It doesn’t reveal who was unmasked but it does include which masks performed, some of the songs performed and the writers opinion.

There were six singers but it does not match the list for this week or next. Assuming that they follow the same format as last season it would be the final six. If I had realized I probably wouldn’t have read it.

I Went to a Masked Singer Taping, and One of These Two Is Going to Win

Edited by Guest
On 10/14/2019 at 7:00 PM, Dani said:

I found this taping report from TV Guide but it does include some very big spoilers.  It doesn’t reveal who was unmasked but it does include which masks performed, some of the songs performed and the writers opinion.

There were six singers but it does not match the list for this week or next. Assuming that they follow the same format as last season it would be the final six. If I had realized I probably wouldn’t have read it.

I Went to a Masked Singer Taping, and One of These Two Is Going to Win

I'm assuming since this is the spoiler thread that we can freely discuss this without spoiler bars.  I clicked on it and I find this hard to believe.  The final six are Fox, Leopard, Flamingo, Rottweiler, Tree and Thingamajig???  What happens to Flower, Black Widow and Butterfly?  Those three are to me among the best and I find it hard to believe that they are going to be three of the next five boots.

Fox and Leopard have good showmanship but I haven't been impressed with their singing, even if Leopard is supposed to be Seal.  Flamingo is not as good as Black Widow.  I'm flabbergasted by the survival of the Tree.

I guess maybe the panel is emphasizing performance over actual singing?  Patti LaBelle and Michelle Williams are by far the two best singers in this competition.

If all of this is real... the fix truly seems to be in to make Thingamajig win this competition.  "You don't have to be a professional singer to win, you just have to move the panellists."

• Love 6

The other thing that annoys me about this article... the author already supposedly spoiled the final six so why not just say who was eliminated?  They could have prefaced the article with "WARNING SPOILER ALERT this article reveals the identity of an eliminated performer".  That makes me skeptical.  Maybe nobody actually got unmasked?  Or maybe I'm just holding out hope that Patti, Michelle and Raven survive.

Patti getting voted out because she just stands there and sings while Thingamajig does the exact same thing would be utter crap.

Is there any chance that this was just a dress rehearsal to tape promos for the show?

Supposedly last season, all the audience guests were family of production and crew members.  And they had to sign nondisclosure statements.  It worked, because there were absolutely no spoilers at all last season.  Wouldn't they have the same nondisclosure policy this year?  Why would the show invite a media person to a taping and not hold them to a nondisclosure?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm assuming since this is the spoiler thread that we can freely discuss this without spoiler bars.  I clicked on it and I find this hard to believe.  The final six are Fox, Leopard, Flamingo, Rottweiler, Tree and Thingamajig???  What happens to Flower, Black Widow and Butterfly?  Those three are to me among the best and I find it hard to believe that they are going to be three of the next five boots.

Fox and Leopard have good showmanship but I haven't been impressed with their singing, even if Leopard is supposed to be Seal.  Flamingo is not as good as Black Widow.  I'm flabbergasted by the survival of the Tree.

I guess maybe the panel is emphasizing performance over actual singing?  Patti LaBelle and Michelle Williams are by far the two best singers in this competition.

If all of this is real... the fix truly seems to be in to make Thingamajig win this competition.  "You don't have to be a professional singer to win, you just have to move the panellists."

I had the same reaction but it’s TV guide and I don’t see them posting something completely fake. Either there is some kind of twist coming up and the format is different this season or the eliminations are about to get crazy. 

I’m not sure that the show cares that much about spoilers other than the celebrity identities. Last season they highlighted the Monster singing Stay With Me from the second to last episode in the preseason promo.

38 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Please forgive me, I’ve had a few drinks tonight, but who exactly is in the final three?  Flamingo, Jack o lantern head, and Ghost Boy????   Can’t tell who those are

Assuming the reddit user is correct it’s Flamingo, Rottweiler and Fox.

Skeleton, Thingamajig, Butterfly, Black Widow and Leopard are  missing from the photo. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

And I don't even see Flower either.

She’s in the audience at the right edge of the picture. 

Edited by Guest
Just now, MikaelaArsenault said:

I know that, but I'm surprised that she isn’t on the stage with the others.

They did the same thing in last seasons finale and had a few of the singers perform from the audience. 

Ok, so the next five boots in some order are Flower, Butterfly, Black Widow, Penguin and Ladybug.  The next group to perform includes Flower, Penguin and Ladybug.  Based on this latest photo, Penguin goes home next.  Which I would have predicted anyways, but let’s see if it happens.  

• Love 1

Oh, just realised next week's episode, for symmetry, should be the 5 from the first episode this week (since the 2nd episode had 5).  Flower, Rottweiler, Tree, Ladybug and Fox.  Based on the Final 6 spoiler, either Flower or Ladybug goes.  I really hope it's Ladybug.  Would love to get two more performances from the amazing Patti LaBelle.

• Love 4
On 11/8/2019 at 10:18 AM, blackwing said:

Oh, just realised next week's episode, for symmetry, should be the 5 from the first episode this week (since the 2nd episode had 5).  Flower, Rottweiler, Tree, Ladybug and Fox.  Based on the Final 6 spoiler, either Flower or Ladybug goes.  I really hope it's Ladybug.  Would love to get two more performances from the amazing Patti LaBelle.

My guess would be Ladybug.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:08 PM, MikaelaArsenault said:

I was looking at this pic again, and it looks like the next three to go are Ladybug, Flower and Tree, in some order.  At least I think that is Tree above the Egg.  I'm thrown because Tree was supposed to make Final 6 per the media taping spoiler.

However, I don't see the Black Widow in this pic, maybe she went and had surgery on her arm and didn't make it.  Skeleton isn't there either.  I also don't see Butterfly and she was supposed to have been booted before the Tree according to the Top 6 spoiler.

On 10/20/2019 at 5:29 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

And of the performances in these photos, we have seen Flower's bubbles in "Cheap Thrills" and Ladybug's lightbulbs in "Juice".  So that's no help as to which of these two goes first since they each only have one confirmed scene left.  Flower's wintry snow and Ladybug's merry go round is apparently the last performance for one of them.

Yes.... I spend way too much time thinking about this show hahahahaha.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, blackwing said:

I was looking at this pic again, and it looks like the next three to go are Ladybug, Flower and Tree, in some order.  At least I think that is Tree above the Egg.  I'm thrown because Tree was supposed to make Final 6 per the media taping spoiler.

However, I don't see the Black Widow in this pic, maybe she went and had surgery on her arm and didn't make it.  Skeleton isn't there either.  I also don't see Butterfly and she was supposed to have been booted before the Tree according to the Top 6 spoiler.

And of the performances in these photos, we have seen Flower's bubbles in "Cheap Thrills" and Ladybug's lightbulbs in "Juice".  So that's no help as to which of these two goes first since they each only have one confirmed scene left.  Flower's wintry snow and Ladybug's merry go round is apparently the last performance for one of them.

Yes.... I spend way too much time thinking about this show hahahahaha.

I won’t be surprised if either Flower or Ladybug go home tomorrow.

I also clearly spend to much time thinking about the show and noticed that the clips of Nick trying to get the masks off in promos are spoilers. 

Comparing those clips and the promo for tomorrow it appears that Ladybug is the one eliminated. For Rottweiler, Tree, Flamingo, Thingamajig, and Flower it looks like he’s wearing a tux. The only other one I’ve seen that gives a clue is Tree. His outfit there seems to match the TV guide spoiler for the top 6 but he does rewear clothing. 

3BF871E9-EFE2-40F0-B167-641240B51A7E.jpeg

4668924B-4461-4FD6-97E7-6976088E7517.jpeg

Edited by Guest

Based on the promo that Mikaela posted in the media thread ("This Wednesday, the biggest surprise is who is under the mask")... the four that are singing are Flamingo, Rottweiler, Flower and Leopard.  Seems like it's Miss Patti's time to go.  So sad.  I've really enjoyed all of her performances, and I love her even more than I did the Bee last season.  I have no idea how she could lose to Seal... his voice has gotten so bad, he's nothing like what he was 20 years ago.

That means that Michelle Williams will be out the following week.  For her to lose to Thingamajig and the Tree is a travesty.

I had thought that Flower and Butterfly would be 2 of the final 3. 😞

• Love 1
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

Based on the promo that Mikaela posted in the media thread ("This Wednesday, the biggest surprise is who is under the mask")... the four that are singing are Flamingo, Rottweiler, Flower and Leopard.  Seems like it's Miss Patti's time to go.  So sad.  I've really enjoyed all of her performances, and I love her even more than I did the Bee last season.  I have no idea how she could lose to Seal... his voice has gotten so bad, he's nothing like what he was 20 years ago.

That means that Michelle Williams will be out the following week.  For her to lose to Thingamajig and the Tree is a travesty.

I had thought that Flower and Butterfly would be 2 of the final 3. 😞

Yes. I believe that it's Flower that goes home tomorrow and then Butterfly.

15 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Yes. I believe that it's Flower that goes home tomorrow and then Butterfly.

During the "preview" show we saw the performance of the Flamingo singing "Lady Marmalade", which was a huge hit for Patti LaBelle, years before it was covered by Christina Aguilera and others.  Wouldn't it be ironic if Flamingo sings it on the night that Patti goes home.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, blackwing said:

During the "preview" show we saw the performance of the Flamingo singing "Lady Marmalade", which was a huge hit for Patti LaBelle, years before it was covered by Christina Aguilera and others.  Wouldn't it be ironic if Flamingo sings it on the night that Patti goes home.

I just realized that there won't be a new episode the following week, so it will be the week after next.

In the media section there is an article stating that the Smackdowns return. It will be Leopard vs Flamingo and Flower vs Rottweiler. If the judges are choosing again this is how Patti does not make the finals. I can see people freakiing out about that. I really hope the audience votes during the smackdown because it will feel less fixed. Why would the judges vote for the Leopard when Patti is better?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Horsesrunwild said:

In the media section there is an article stating that the Smackdowns return. It will be Leopard vs Flamingo and Flower vs Rottweiler. If the judges are choosing again this is how Patti does not make the finals. I can see people freakiing out about that. I really hope the audience votes during the smackdown because it will feel less fixed. Why would the judges vote for the Leopard when Patti is better?

It's probably most likely going to be the judges.

23 minutes ago, Horsesrunwild said:

The Judges will probably get so much hate after this. People are going to lose it tonight.

Yes, even if audience votes Flamingo over Leopard and Rottweiler over Flower, in the end, wouldn't the panel be the ones to decide between Leopard and Flower?  I can't fathom how the Flower could lose to the Leopard.  He does move around a bit more, but not by much.  Ugh.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Yes, even if audience votes Flamingo over Leopard and Rottweiler over Flower, in the end, wouldn't the panel be the ones to decide between Leopard and Flower?  I can't fathom how the Flower could lose to the Leopard.  He does move around a bit more, but not by much.  Ugh.

Here is an idea. What if Flamingo loses to Leopard tonight because he actually sings well. Then it would be Flamingo vs Flower. Flamingo wins that round. Judges get less hate. But people will still lose it because Patti went home. Oh who am I kidding judges will still get lots of hate.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Horsesrunwild said:

Why would the judges vote for the Leopard when Patti is better?

Producer driven, and maybe Patti was "done". Let's face it...the appeal of this show is guessing who's behind the mask. We, and the judges, knew it was Patti from day one. You can't hide that great voice. Judges continually guessed Patti, so maybe she thought "what's the point?" "I'm not fooling anyone"...And maybe she had other commitments.

• Love 1

Based on spoilers we know Butterfly is leaving in the next episode. Wonder who will be in the Smackdown with here. Better not be Fox. That would be a really hard choice. But if it is Thingamagic than that would not be fair to Butterfly because there is clear Favoritism for Thingamagic. And I am sure heads will explode around here. If its Tree Blech.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Horsesrunwild said:

Based on spoilers we know Butterfly is leaving in the next episode. Wonder who will be in the Smackdown with here. Better not be Fox. That would be a really hard choice. But if it is Thingamagic than that would not be fair to Butterfly because there is clear Favoritism for Thingamagic. And I am sure heads will explode around here. If its Tree Blech.

Butterfly has the strongest voice of the four but the Fox is a great performer.  Since they need to get rid of the Butterfly In order to allow Flamingo to win, I think they will pair Butterfly against Fox, and Tree against Thingamajig.  Fox and Tree win.  Then In the smackdown they will discard Butterfly in favour of Thingamajig.  Sigh.

11 hours ago, Horsesrunwild said:

Maybe Tree?