Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: You to You

This episode had a lot. Too bad there's one more left.

The two Emily's meeting was great but not satisfying and the actress playing her did an excellent job. It was weird Emily Alpha looked refreshed, hair down, dressed in light colors and somewhat thrilled to see Emily Prime (Prime had the reaction I expected and dressed dark)?! I feel we are missing a story since the time Emily Alpha was holding a gun to Howard to her meeting Emily Prime. She's an ex-employee, so who did she meet to grant interface time and told her about the management/Mira meeting? I still don't trust Emily Alpha. It seemed more time past on Alpha side than Prime since last week's episode. 

Emily Alpha admitting she didn't want a baby or the pressure to raise a child were surprising. 

Howard Alpha looked so sad leaving Emily Prime. Emily Alpha will find out soon if she really lost him.

Prime's medical technology is so advanced for Howard to look well/up walking in little time after being shot?

Mira to Yanek: "Someone should tell the father that's not how to catch a cold". A little foreshadowing to what she has planned for Alpha side?

So you can cross from the "special" interface room. I had a feeling there was more than one way to cross.

Clare didn't answer Peter's or Naya's questions (Do you love him? and can I trust you?).

Poor Peter when he found out the connection Spencer's name. Nice job of Naya's husband to drill the insult further.

After Spencer found the bug on Clare, Peter dramatically leaps out of the car and I thought he would be fighting his way into the building to save her. Nope! He was just standing by the car getting fresh air waiting for her call. Maybe someone in the car broke wind and he had to get out fast.

Yanek was surprised what Mira did to management? He really thought she just wanted to "talk"? I thought she was going to shoot Yanek for revenge of her father but I guess she would rather have him die from the flu on his side after his family reunion (if he has one).

There was a moment I thought Yanek was going to be the assassin. Too bad he couldn't get a proper observation of the 2 worlds to see management's side of the argument. 

Ian was specifically requested by management to handle arrangements. Is there someone else from Indigo on the inside or is management that stupid? They totally believed his accounts of events at ECHO and decided to shut out Emily but not him. And of course this dope turns to warm butter from the first sound from Nomi's voice. I hope he is dealt with next week.

Howard Prime: "We are who we are. We kill people. Then we eat breakfast". He's tired of pretending? Would he have those thoughts if Emily Alpha didn't kick him out of the apartment?

It's funny Baldwin said she wasn't hungry and Howard got her a bowl of cereal.

The newly passive Baldwin looked like herself killing the Spencer's red shirt. Why did Clare think she was aiming for Spencer? Did she forget she set up Baldwin to be killed and she could still be holding resentment? 

What is Ethel's special mission (no shot given)? I wonder if it's something Spencer doesn't know.

I would love for Spencer to find out Mira killed his real parents.

What was the over/under how many times Ian would say "Fuck"?

I hope Mira's plan backfires and ends up uniting the 2 sides.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1

My gosh, Olivia Williams was outstanding as both Emilys. 

Damn you, Ian!  You shouldn't have answered your phone!

Dang, am I going to have to start liking Baldwin now?  Is she on Team Good Guy?

This is the smartest show on tv right now. 

• Love 6

Thanks for all the recap points, @mxc90.

15 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I still don't trust Emily Alpha. . . . 

Emily Alpha admitting she didn't want a baby or the pressure to raise a child were surprising. 

I thought Emily Alpha just said the bit about not wanting to take care of a child--followed by  commending Emily Prime for Anna's outcome--to manipulate Emily Alpha to do what she wanted in order to get Howard Alpha back.

Ian was specifically requested by management to handle arrangements. Is there someone else from Indigo on the inside or is management that stupid?

Clearly there was behind-the-scenes manipulation by Mira's faction to get Ian into that position. Right?

What is Ethel's special mission (no shot given)?

Ooo. Good question!

57 minutes ago, Haleth said:

My gosh, Olivia Williams was outstanding as both Emilys. 

Damn you, Ian!  You shouldn't have answered your phone!

Dang, am I going to have to start liking Baldwin now?  Is she on Team Good Guy?

This is the smartest show on tv right now. 

Yes. Yes. Yes. and Yes. 

• Love 2

I just don't buy that Mira is this criminal mastermind.

She outmaneuvers Ian, who's a security professional and then gets management to all come to one room so that she can go up there and execute them.

They were old but they're all brilliant scientists and they got outwitted by her.

Why would they even apprehend her?  Put her in deep lockup, with video and multiple guards.  Instead they put one guy on her and she anticipated it?  She was the number one fugitive in Prime so what motivation did they have to even meet with her?  She was on the run, but apparently has endless supply of mercenaries, in addition to what, all those indoctrinated shadows now over in Alpha.

She executed the leaders (I still don't get how scientists have that much power).  So what's next, the Prime world bows down to her as the conquering hero?  No if anything she's prosecuted and if they have capital punishment, they execute her.  But I think Prime is going to do what she wants, which wouldn't make sense but it would prolong the story?

Anyways, I wouldn't be too upset if they defeat her in the finale and some other big bad emerges.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scrb said:

That's my problem with Mira every time we see her, she's 122 steps ahead of everyone else and never suffers any setbacks.  She has also, for reasons that have never been made clear, designated herself apocalypse-revenge-master-in-chief. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I thought Emily Alpha just said the bit about not wanting to take care of a child--followed by  commending Emily Prime for Anna's outcome--to manipulate Emily Prime to do what she wanted in order to get Howard Alpha back.

She could be lying but she knows the other can see through a lie. I think she was telling the truth. But Management already made the deal for Howard's return so she doesn't need Emily Prime's consent.

8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Clearly there was behind-the-scenes manipulation by Mira's faction to get Ian into that position. Right?

That's one complaint about the writing: it's too convenient for Mira to always get her way. Like what she did to the guard at ECHO. He mentions his name and they already had his family held hostage. They reduced Ian to this plot device just for this one Mira moment.

6 hours ago, scrb said:

The show didn't do a good job explaining Mira after she saw her other father kill her father. Who told her about the other side? Who is funding her? How did she obtain Emily's report? If it was all Pope (why kill him off so quickly?)

Gotta say I was disappointing this week. All those checks and balances carefully put in place and shown to us for 2 seasons all gone. Mira just walks around like she's shopping at Bloomingdale's.\

If they renew this, I'll watch, but if they don't I won't feel cheated.

The two Emilys was a nice scene. So was Howard Alphas goodbye to Emily Prime. Did they sleep together?

I'm puzzled by the timeline. The revenge plan had to have been going on a long time -- at least twenty years, if not more given Claire's age when she was taken there and her age now. EA would have been too young at that point to be involved enough to discover that the flu came from the Alpha world, wouldn't she? Especially since it had to be dug up and processed to be used. Not a big complaint, but that didn't quite fit to me.  

I think the Prime world flued itself, BTW. 

The Yanek we've seen is the Alpha one, right? He killed the Prime.

This show is slow, but it's intriguing. I hope it's renewed. 

God dang, Olivia Williams is just so good. I loved watching the two Emily's interact, it was so fascinating, so many layers and so much being said and unsaid. Its hard to know what to make of either Emily, and while I do think they both have basically good intentions, I dont fully trust either one. Especially Emily Alpha. 

As much as I love this show, Mira as the supervillain who is always ten steps ahead of everyone and is running circles around both worlds and their millions of safeguards is getting old. I dont know how she can be beaten, but she kind of has to be beaten for this seasons arc to have the narrative climax it needs. Or even if she isnt defeated, her plan has to be stopped, even if she gets away. I mean, who leaves the mastermind alone in one crappy cell with just one guy guarding her in the heart of headquarters? 

Claire has turned against her people, but is she really in love with Peter, or is this all about baby Spenser, or realizing how her mission was built on a lie? I am actually super interested in how things end for them, I really dont know what will happen. But I think they will end up together, alive or dead or in jail.  

• Love 2

She was also very good in Dollhouse, but you really don't need to watch anything other than Epitaph 1&2 for that show.   The acting was good, the elaborated story was intriguing but the premise was just flat creepy. 

Argh! I went on holidays and missed 2x09 and 2x10!

Just watched this one and wow, Olivia Williams. Fantastic scene, and yet still a lot of unsaid truths between the Emilys. Alpha was the origin of the report and accepted to have her silence bought with promotion... true representation of individualism 

I know Ian looks bad, but I get him. Love isn't easily overcome. Yes Mira is a huge danger but it is hard to be heroic when someone else life is endangered, and even more when you have already experienced loss. All too human

That management is a bunch of old idealistic/ self-indulgent idiots isn't that far fetched, and I'd say they kinda had it coming by acting the way they did, even if Mira benefited from their idiocy.

Naya Temple is awesome, this needs to be said a million times. And Betty Gabriel rocks.

And what about JK during his parting with Emily P? Beautiful beautiful poignant scene, that is some perfect TV here.

Now I need to wait for tonight to watch what I hope isn't the last episode forever....please Gods of TV, have this show be pickedbup on another network!!!

• Love 1