Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Adaptation

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, diebartdie said:

BUT do any motorcycles run on diesel?

They certainly do, I believe they are mainly used by the military, apart from them growing corn, the show never really touched upon the use of cooking oils to power their vehicles. 

When you consider how much oil there must be in your average town, Maggie could be riding around on that big arsed tractor forever and a day, yet just like the guns, vehicles have been quietly ushered off stage so the show can go all ‘Little House On The Prairie’

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, diebartdie said:

I have a question that will show my complete ignorance of all things mechanical I guess BUT do any motorcycles run on diesel? If so, veggie oil works, old restaurant grease works (once filtered). "Diesel engines were originally designed to run on a variety of fuels, including peanut oil and vegetable oil." so, artisinal motorbikes could be diesel, right?

Take your pick!  🙂

On 2/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, Persnickety1 said:

they then shove a character like Neil into a scene, kill him off, and apparently we're supposed to have some sort of reaction to his tragic demise.

Instead I think most of the viewers were sitting there like I was, saying "Who the fuck is Neil???"  

Before I read the 2nd paragraph, I thought to myself, "Who the hell was Neil?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I suppose it's possible the Whisperers are trying to drive herds of walkers in specific directions, maybe toward any known settlements like Hilltop etc. since they seem to have some belief that people "don't belong." We saw Daryl trying to lure them in one direction only to see them turn and go elsewhere and ignore the noise he was making. I don't know exactly how they're doing that, but that might explain what their motive is.

The problem is we're in for a whole season or more of endless and pointless conversations where nothing is revealed because the show doesn't want us to know yet. So instead of getting actual story we get a shit ton of pointless filler where people talk to each other without saying anything. That's become the hallmark of this show.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

So instead of getting actual story we get a shit ton of pointless filler where people talk to each other without saying anything. That's become the hallmark of this show.

To the point that Darryl is now the one with most of the dialogue.  Well...

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:58 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Seriously.  Right about the time I actually started to remember Eric's name, he was killed off, which I think probably says a lot more about the craptastic character development on this show than my memory.  

I think that's why season 2 (the farm season) was my favorite, lots of great fleshing out of the characters and getting to know them and what made them tick.  Of course, except for Daryl and Carol, all of those characters are gone.  

For the past couple of seasons, I've not even bothered to try to remember most of the new characters' names because I really could not care less if they're killed off.  I think the only new character I've come close to liking is Siddiq, and he gets so little air time I can't warm up to him, either.  

Like a few posters above, I couldn't help but notice that Michonne has been given the Crown of Grunting Glory.  

I finally was able to understand Dirty Daryl's grunts and mumbles without the use of closed captioning, and now I'm probably going to have to to back to using it to decipher Michonne's dialogue.  

Well, it doesn't help that the original poster got the name wrong.  It's Aaron, not Adam.  And Aaron is still alive and is now a main character.