Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
nodorothyparker

S09.E09: Adaptation

21 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Being an asshole must be sexually transmitted because I don't know who this dreadlocked person carrying a katana is.  It sure as shit isn't Michonne.  She doesn't even SOUND like Michonne anymore.  Michonne was working on a charter for all the groups to follow.  Now we're supposed to believe that Michonne doesn't want to have anything to do with the people she fought and bled with.  That she would turn her back on MAGGIE.  No matter what Maggie felt about keeping Negan alive, she was Glenn's wife.  Little Hershel was Glenn's child.  I will never believe that Michonne would turn on Maggie.  Michonne was ride or die for her family, not just the guy she was fucking.  But they had to shit on Michonne because they didn't want to pay Lauren what she was worth.

I don't understand why the show went all archaic with that relationship specifically. The 'stand by your man' mentality was more suited to the early days of TWD but it would never have been Michonne to adapt such a mentality. Especially when you consider that she previously stood by her man and it cost her her son. I mean her bf didn't just start doing drugs in the middle of the ZA, he clearly did before. And prior to getting with Rick she was never shy of expressing an opinion different from Rick's. But suddenly she is silenced and just lets him do what he wants and even defends him and his decision to others. I don't know who that is but it's not Michonne. Michonne has been more group oriented and first in line to stick up for people and the good of the group. But suddenly she's all 'as my man goes so goes my nation'? Urgh. And now she is just a ball of anger and anti-group and they don't give a reason why.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Smad said:

I don't understand why the show went all archaic with that relationship specifically. The 'stand by your man' mentality was more suited to the early days of TWD but it would never have been Michonne to adapt such a mentality. Especially when you consider that she previously stood by her man and it cost her her son. I mean her bf didn't just start doing drugs in the middle of the ZA, he clearly did before. And prior to getting with Rick she was never shy of expressing an opinion different from Rick's. But suddenly she is silenced and just lets him do what he wants and even defends him and his decision to others. I don't know who that is but it's not Michonne. Michonne has been more group oriented and first in line to stick up for people and the good of the group. But suddenly she's all 'as my man goes so goes my nation'? Urgh. And now she is just a ball of anger and anti-group and they don't give a reason why.

Exactly!

We're supposed to forget that Michonne went upside Rick's head with a rock when he endangered their new-found life in Alexandria, a life that was so important to her that she put down her katana and put on a deputy dawg uniform.  But Rick Grimes' dick was so powerful that it turned her into a meek little woman?  It didn't work that way with Lori.  Rick was barely 'dead' before Lori was jumping all over Shane. 

The second Michonne got with Rick her past life was thrown away, along with her relationships with anyone else on the show.  It seemed to be forgotten that Michonne had been CARL'S friend.  That's why Rick said 'it's for you' in one of the most iconic moments in TWD. Carl was the one that Michonne told about the Peanut and what happened with Mike.  Carl was the one who decided that Michonne was 'one of them'.   After Michonne started fucking Rick, she and Carl barely spoke. 

There were other characters that Michonne was close to.  Sasha and Michonne shared some important moments before Michonne got dickmatized.  Michonne and Daryl were very close.  They rode together, searching for the Governor and were witnesses when Rick tore a man's throat out for his son's sake.  THAT'S a bonding moment.  But it seemed that they were afraid to put Michonne and Daryl in the same scene.  I have my own theories about that. 

Another mystery is the reluctance to put Michonne and Carol together.  Over the years, they've barely spoken.  One would think they would have so much in common; two women who lost their children so brutally.  Maybe it's because they were rivals in the comics.  I also have  theories about it.

I have no idea why they felt the need to destroy Michonne.  She's one of the most iconic characters in the TWD universe.  Not only that but Danai is one of the strongest (it's a toss up between her and Lennie) actors on the show.  It's like they gutted her character and gave Carol all of Michonne's qualities in order to build that character up, since Carol is long dead in the comics.

It's been very upsetting to see what's happened to my favourite character on the show.  Her wig has gotten bigger and her voice has gotten quieter.  It's almost impossible to hear what she's saying and when you can hear, it doesn't make any fucking sense.  Michonne was one of the most direct people on TWD; now she speaks in riddles. 

• Like 2

Warning: Boring rambling about dogs + TWD, because it just annoys the hell out of me.

First of all, most dogs would have perished after the ZA with no one to feed them since many have been bred into such extreme forms with no prey drive they simply could not and would not know how to catch anything, or been bred to not harm other animals (Golden Retrievers, etc). Primitive breeds with high prey drive (Huskies and other Northern breeds) would be most likely to survive and reproduce. There should be a lot of dogs at Hilltop - all looking vaguely the same - the Kingdom and other settlements, but there are none. Dogs are drawn to wherever people are and humans have enjoyed a mutally benefical relationship with them since our ancestors huddled in caves. They are an alarm system beyond compare and excellent protectors.

The first pack of dogs we saw when CDB was on the road and starving made more sense. They were mangy looking and hesitated, standing and (CGI)snarling at our group since they were domestic and would still be uncertain and inhibited about attacking humans and may not have done so, even if very hungry.

Negan's dogs: 10 years into the ZA, and we have three  dogs of different and distinct breeds(who's breeding them? Some looney backyard breeder in the woods who turns them loose?) born within the last few years. One of those dogs is a Cane Corso(!!) with, as someone mentioned, cropped ears. Wtf? Anyway, a CC is a powerful mastiff breed used since ancient Roman times as a herding and guard dog. Even ignoring the absurdity of these purebred dogs, we are expected to accept that one skeletal corpse could overpower just this one dog, who could bring down a bull. It would be laughable if not so irritating.

What inspired my dreary rant is seeing Angela Kang nearly wetting her pants in excitement at the OMG! cleverness of creating this pack of purebred, well-fed dogs. Okay, she's not well-versed about canines, but this is purely imbecilic and I doubt anyone on the planet could watch without eye-rolling at the plain dumbness. Not one person on this show said, "Wait..."?

Okay, I'm done. I don't even know why, on a show filled with nonsense, this bugs me so much.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Warning: Boring rambling about dogs + TWD, because it just annoys the hell out of me.

First of all, most dogs would have perished after the ZA with no one to feed them since many have been bred into such extreme forms with no prey drive they simply could not and would not know how to catch anything, or been bred to not harm other animals (Golden Retrievers, etc). Primitive breeds with high prey drive (Huskies and other Northern breeds) would be most likely to survive and reproduce. There should be a lot of dogs at Hilltop - all looking vaguely the same - the Kingdom and other settlements, but there are none. Dogs are drawn to wherever people are and humans have enjoyed a mutally benefical relationship with them since our ancestors huddled in caves. They are an alarm system beyond compare and excellent protectors.

The first pack of dogs we saw when CDB was on the road and starving made more sense. They were mangy looking and hesitated, standing and (CGI)snarling at our group since they were domestic and would still be uncertain and inhibited about attacking humans and may not have done so, even if very hungry.

Negan's dogs: 10 years into the ZA, and we have three  dogs of different and distinct breeds(who's breeding them? Some looney backyard breeder in the woods who turns them loose?) born within the last few years. One of those dogs is a Cane Corso(!!) with, as someone mentioned, cropped ears. Wtf? Anyway, a CC is a powerful mastiff breed used since ancient Roman times as a herding and guard dog. Even ignoring the absurdity of these purebred dogs, we are expected to accept that one skeletal corpse could overpower just this one dog, who could bring down a bull. It would be laughable if not so irritating.

What inspired my dreary rant is seeing Angela Kang nearly wetting her pants in excitement at the OMG! cleverness of creating this pack of purebred, well-fed dogs. Okay, she's not well-versed about canines, but this is purely imbecilic and I doubt anyone on the planet could watch without eye-rolling at the plain dumbness. Not one person on this show said, "Wait..."?

Okay, I'm done. I don't even know why, on a show filled with nonsense, this bugs me so much.

I get why it bothers you.  I'm not well versed in dogs.  I didn't catch the thing with the cropped ears.  But I I know enough to realize that a dog that size could take down a weak and scrawny walker without breaking a sweat. 

It's the disrespect for the audience, thinking that we're so easily played.  Some of us are but it would be nice to believe that tptb thought more highly of the people who've hung in there and put them where they are now.

• Like 4

The dog thing bothered me, too. Those dogs would have had zero problems taking down that zombie.

• Like 3

we are expected to accept that one skeletal corpse could overpower just this one dog, who could bring down a bull.

Even if Mutley did feel out of its depth and was scared, it would have just gone back through the swing doors the way it came in, why didn’t they just play the noise of the dog / dogs ripping the walker to pieces and having a good feed? Because they’re still trying to make us believe that the Walkers are dangerous, when in fact packs of wild hounds are far more life threatening, especially now that nobody seems to be carrying a firearm.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 6

Talk about a stray rambling, here's one for you! It bugs me, not just with TWD, but in any show or movie about the end of the world (or afterwards) when the script calls for a dog, or horse, or cat (although you rarely see that), or a young kid, to be a part of the "drama." To me that's artificially ramping up the tension. You know they are ill-equipped to fend for themselves, so you sit there fearing and dreading when they're going to killed or hurt. To me, it's cheap and lazy writing. It's a way-to easy way for the writer to create suspense. Yeah, not everyone feels the same way about animals, but many of us do.  Many of automatically cringe when we see an animal come loping onto the scene. How many of us are already fearing for Daryl's dog??  And the TWD writers have gone to this well too many times. I think the writers for this show are all hacks and they keep showing the same thing time after time, just in different clothes. Of course, here we are watching!!!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SamBeckett said:

How many of us are already fearing for Daryl's dog??

I know I am.  The only thing that makes me relax is I'm pretty sure Norman R. demanded nothing happen to the dog.

I was extremely aggravated about the whole dog scene for the reasons you mention, then when I think about it I realize that the dogs should have easily taken down one shambling dead person (which is what I originally thought was going to happen).   Then of course there's the dog with the obviously cropped ears, which should not be the case.  So the whole thing was just dumb.

I'm of a weird mind where I think Negan's expanded role hurt the show and took time from characters I care about, yet I thought his meandering was some of JDM's best work.  He seemed pensive, sad, angry, lost, etc.  I still don't care about him though.

I would have liked to have seen Carol and Ezekiel.  I don't care about Henry being in the drunk tank but don't they?  I don't remember if they know or not.  I want to see Jerry.  The showrunners just don't seem to know/care/whatever that a great many people want to see the characters we've followed for years and not be wondering why we should care about Vaguely New Character 1, 2, etc.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, raven said:

I know I am.  The only thing that makes me relax is I'm pretty sure Norman R. demanded nothing happen to the dog.

I was extremely aggravated about the whole dog scene for the reasons you mention, then when I think about it I realize that the dogs should have easily taken down one shambling dead person (which is what I originally thought was going to happen).   Then of course there's the dog with the obviously cropped ears, which should not be the case.  So the whole thing was just dumb.

I'm of a weird mind where I think Negan's expanded role hurt the show and took time from characters I care about, yet I thought his meandering was some of JDM's best work.  He seemed pensive, sad, angry, lost, etc.  I still don't care about him though.

I would have liked to have seen Carol and Ezekiel.  I don't care about Henry being in the drunk tank but don't they?  I don't remember if they know or not.  I want to see Jerry.  The showrunners just don't seem to know/care/whatever that a great many people want to see the characters we've followed for years and not be wondering why we should care about Vaguely New Character 1, 2, etc.

TPTB allows way too much to pass before we see certain characters. Then, like everyone has said, there are too many new characters, but even they come and go. To me Daryl, Michonne and Carol have become bit players. And as far as the second-string I can't think of one I care about. Maybe Jerry, but other than being funny, I'm not sure why. I certainly don't KNOW Jerry. It's gotten where you can only tell the characters apart by things like: Oh, he's the one with the horse; she's the one who has TWO knives; he's the one that's fat and funny. But what makes them tick — forget about it!!! Now, when you DO come to find out something about them, that's when they get killed.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

It's the disrespect for the audience, thinking that we're so easily played. 

The thing is, I really believe they aren't being disrespectful or deliberately insulting to us. They don't know any  better and I think they feel whatever they do is just wonderful and brilliant and we should be able to see that.  Kang's big proud idiotic smile shows that. It seems whoever comes up with dumb shit are a bunch of kids who stick in anything they feel might be cool or neat, with zero attempt to find out if whatever is actually possible.

Could not one single person working on this show open Google and type in: "Can tigers purr?" to find out they cannot, but it looked cool that the tiger purred at Daryl to show how special he is, right?  That still annoys me. In fact, everything about the tiger still irks me.

They can make zombies do anything they like since zombies aren't real, but FFS, at least make an attempt with real people and animals and stop making horses - at 40mph -  that can't outrun zombies and ferocious 100-lb dogs that can't escape or kill one. These are not things only a scientist or biologist (of which I am neither but I do know quite a bit about animals) would notice. A child knows a horse can run faster than a shambling corpse! Tyreese, a mere human, got totally mobbed by zombies and not only walked away, but didn't even get one bite, yet a tiger couldn't fight them off. I guess walkers are only dangerous when the story calls for it. The rest of the time they are merely slightly annoying.

I think it's the laziness and stubborn ignorance of these people who high-five each other for their cleverness that bugs me more than anything. There is no excuse.

All nit-picky rants above are JMO.

• Like 4

The writers at TWD are so incompetent, they don't even know the basic rules of writing.  A show like this needs anchor characters. characters that audience relates to and sees the world through their eyes.  They got rid of almost all of these characters and now we're stuck with people we don't even know.  Not only that, most of us don't want to know these people.  They haven't been introduced properly and they're not compelling enough to hold our interest.  I can't say that the caliber of actors is very high (looking at you Allanah) but there are some actors who I've seen in other roles and know they'd be much better if given the right material.  But tptb are too busy thinking about their outside projects to focus on the job at hand.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SamBeckett said:

Talk about a stray rambling, here's one for you! It bugs me, not just with TWD, but in any show or movie about the end of the world (or afterwards) when the script calls for a dog, or horse, or cat (although you rarely see that), or a young kid, to be a part of the "drama." To me that's artificially ramping up the tension. You know they are ill-equipped to fend for themselves, so you sit there fearing and dreading when they're going to killed or hurt.

To be fair to the ‘end of the world’ shows, if they are attempting to reflect what reality would be like, then animals will be hurt, any animal, even those one would never consider eating in normality, is fair game when all stored, prepackaged food has been consumed.

Growing food is not an easy thing to do to those used to visiting the supermarket, if a protein, vitamin source presents itself in front of someone who is starving then it is going to die, no matter whether it looks cute or can fetch a ball.

In a ZA situation, the breeding of dogs, cats, chickens, rats for consumption would become the norm as long as it prolonged human life. Only once people reached a ‘Hilltop’ level of existence would they then begin to revert to keeping dogs as pets or working members of the society.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

To be fair to the ‘end of the world’ shows, if they are attempting to reflect what reality would be like, then animals will be hurt, any animal, even those one would never consider eating in normality, is fair game when all stored, prepackaged food has been consumed.

Growing food is not an easy thing to do to those used to visiting the supermarket, if a protein, vitamin source presents itself in front of someone who is starving then it is going to die, no matter whether it looks cute or can fetch a ball.

In a ZA situation, the breeding of dogs, cats, chickens, rats for consumption would become the norm as long as it prolonged human life. Only once people reached a ‘Hilltop’ level of existence would they then begin to revert to keeping dogs as pets or working members of the society.

I’m not talking real life. I know most of us would die a lot quicker than we would like to think. And I know most animals (except domestic animals) would have a much better chance at survival than humans, even the Dwayne Johnson types. All I’m saying is that — IMO — the use of children and animals in danger is a trite way to enhance suspense.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Speaking of animals, I know of cases where people have been kicked by horses, that weren't defending themselves, and they can do some serious damage, up to and including death. Yet in this show, horses just allow themselves to be brought down by zombies who have no concept of protecting themselves from being kicked.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Speaking of animals, I know of cases where people have been kicked by horses, that weren't defending themselves, and they can do some serious damage, up to and including death. Yet in this show, horses just allow themselves to be brought down by zombies who have no concept of protecting themselves from being kicked.

Zombies would have no chance against my mare who I believe could take out a herd  of walkers...lol. The horse thing makes me crazy. who is training all these perfectly trained horses? calm as can be. They did show Maggie once but that was six years ago. I want to know who the horse whisperer is.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, SamBeckett said:

And I know most animals (except domestic animals) would have a much better chance at survival than humans, even the Dwayne Johnson types. 

The Rock would probably go early, as that massive burden of unwieldy, chemically created muscle would make him not agile or fast at all.

1 hour ago, OoohMaggie said:

that is of course very true, but even cave people who were probably hungry a lot of the time, saw the benefit of dogs hanging around, not as pets but they would alert to danger, help hunt and defend the cave people who incidentally provided them with food in the form of bones or scraps thrown out from whatever animal the people had eaten. Of course in times of starvation, dogs (and yes, rats, bugs and anything else that walks, swims, crawls or flies) would be on the menu as they were for CDB. That's understandable and acceptable - people will eat other people if they're hungry enough - but no one seemed to be anywhere near starving at Hilltop or the Kingdom when we met them. For sure Jerry wasn't going without. They were actually doing so well they were able to provide food so the King could feed his 500lb "pet" tiger, which couldn't have been dining on the rotted flesh of walkers alone. Even if so, how many relatively "fresh" walkers would have to be rounded up by people who had more pressing issues to care for and fed to Shiva each week to keep her in that superb, sleek condition so the King could look "cool"? Comic book - fine. Live action - not so fine.

1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

The writers at TWD are so incompetent, they don't even know the basic rules of writing.  A show like this needs anchor characters. characters that audience relates to and sees the world through their eyes.

Yep. I really think they feel "We have the best show ever in the history of televison (sorry - NOT!) that we can do whatever we please no matter how dumb and anyone who doesn't like it can piss off."

I'm still watching this but I feel like someone who has fallen for a Nigerian scam email and started sending so much money that I feel I have to send more simply because I've already invested so much I need a payoff - one which is promised but never comes. So yeah, I'm the idiot who keeps watching this.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 2

40 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Can somebody remind me why Henry was in jail?

He got drunk and did something naughty, I don't remember what though.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, raven said:

I wish they had put him in the cell with Negan.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

I wish they had put him in the cell with Negan.

2 hours ago, raven said:

I think it had something to do with a zombie in a pit, but I forget what happened. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, raven said:

He got drunk with the other kids & ended up in a walker pit.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, Gobi said:

I think it had something to do with a zombie in a pit, but I forget what happened. 

I wish I could forget. I was never a big Carl fan, but his pallid, annoying replacement is making me miss him fiercely.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, raven said:

After the rest of the Hilltop Juvie Crew ran off and left Henry in the pit with the re-deceased walker, Henry was able to get out of the pit under his own power; having gotten out, though, Henry was apparently too trashed to remember how his partners in crime had gotten out of Hilltop unseen - meaning he couldn’t figure out how to re-enter by the same method.  End result being the gate guards got treated to the spectacle of drunk-off-his-ass Henry banging on the gates hollering to be let back in.  

Add to that the fact that Henry (a) chose not to rat out his shine-guzzling compatriots but (b) couldn’t satisfactorily explain how he got out in the first place, and it’s small wonder he got his ass thrown in a cell.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

19 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Rick raised her after he killed Shane, that is where she got her "soft as a pillow" instinct

Yes.. but what makes even LESS sense is that Carl was the one that "changed" Rick not to be a killer. The same Carl with the "trust no one" approach. The same Carl who snuck off (with Jesus tailing him) to kill Negan personally.  Carl was bad ass too! Wtf did they do to that boy??! It was bewildering and seemingly out of nowhere.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Btw was there no one but Judith in Alexandria in this episode? How is it possible for Negan to walk all around town during the night and morning and no one notices? Do they still have no one on guard/watch? How are these stupid people still alive????

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Smad said:

Do they still have no one on guard/watch?

Guards? They don't even bother locking their doors at night. Stay in the house, Judith!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smad said:

Btw was there no one but Judith in Alexandria in this episode? How is it possible for Negan to walk all around town during the night and morning and no one notices? Do they still have no one on guard/watch? How are these stupid people still alive????

Maybe THAT’S why everybody seems so terminally pissed off at Michonne - she ran everybody else out of Alexandria and is hogging it all for herself and the kids.  😄

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

This episode was equivalent to Star Trek doing an entire season opener about the red-shirts.

Yes, I'm that old.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Maybe THAT’S why everybody seems so terminally pissed off at Michonne - she ran everybody else out of Alexandria and is hogging it all for herself and the kids.  😄

Even Daryl is stuck living in a tent in the woods with Dog, outside Alexandria.  And he's the best judge of character she knows!

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

22 hours ago, Gobi said:

The horses probably want to get off this series as quickly as possible.  After all, they have horse sense.

9 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Yes.. but what makes even LESS sense is that Carl was the one that "changed" Rick not to be a killer. The same Carl with the "trust no one" approach. The same Carl who snuck off (with Jesus tailing him) to kill Negan personally.  Carl was bad ass too! Wtf did they do to that boy??! It was bewildering and seemingly out of nowhere.

When it comes to writing, this series has always had a continuity problem.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Even Daryl is stuck living in a tent in the woods with Dog, outside Alexandria.  And he's the best judge of character she knows!

Oh, excellent point. The only time I can remember Daryl having anything resembling a conversation with anyone was last season when he reamed out Rick - at the bottom of a hole I might add -  for being a selfish asshole, period. I remember no other conversations, so I'm not sure where the opinion that he's an astute judge of character comes from?

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

When it comes to writing, this series has always had a continuity problem.

One of many, many problems.

• Like 4

On 2/11/2019 at 10:21 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I have to admit, the trailers for the new season with the Whisperers was creepy AF... oh and Rosita is a ho

I don't know why this shit bugs me so much, but no, she isn't.  She is a woman with normal sex drive in a world with no birth control.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

46 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

I don't know why this shit bugs me so much, but no, she isn't.

Thank you. I said nothing about that but now that you bring it up, yeah it bugs the shit out of me too. That women on this show - Lori, Andrea and now Rosita - are labelled "whores" annoys me greatly. They are and were mature, single women over the age of consent and having sex with more than one man does not equal "whore." I guess in the circumspect TWD world grown women are expected to stay chaste and virginal until they take marriage vows.

Rosita told Sasha about guys she'd hooked up with because the union was mutally beneficial. That does not make her a whore. It makes her pragmatic, smart and a survivor. Having never been in this situation, I certainly would not judge her.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

At the very least, Rosita is no more a “ho” than either Siddiq OR FPP - takes two to tango, donchaknow.

Come to think of it, Siddiq should feel privileged; he’s the first man in living memory with whom Rosita has had a relationship, who didn’t end up dead pretty quickly thereafter....  ;>

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

What do we really know about Rosita, anyway? She's been around for years and about all I know is that she used to be Abe's main squeeze. We've had next to no background info on her. She's a prime example of how the show really stopped developing characters. I can tell you a lot about original Camp Dinner Bell members but characters introduced in the last four seasons are so are all enigmas, more or less. 

• Like 3

If a woman who owns her sexuality is a 'ho', doesn't that mean Carol's a ho too?  She's been with more than one man since the ZA started.

I believe it's been at least 8 years since Rosita and Abraham broke up and she's had two lovers in that time.  That makes her a whore?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

2 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I believe it's been at least 8 years since Rosita and Abraham broke up and she's had two lovers in that time.  That makes her a whore?

Three, actually; don’t forget Spencer Monroe - the one Negan gutted between eight-ball shots.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Yes, A grown woman who enjoys sex is a whore, in this show anyway. The worst whore was Andrea, a woman who I judged was supposed to be well over 30 and had sex with *gasp" two men! One of those men was Shane, who also had sex with Lori, but strangely he was never labelled a whore. If this show were more realistic and not pearl-clutching and swooning about s-e-x, everyone would be screwing like bunnies and so what if they did?

Yeah, Rosita had sex before Abe, and with Spencer and then FPP and Saddiq too. While I might question her taste in men, she can get it on with whomever she pleases. Why not? She hasn't taken any vows of fidelity that I know of.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

I do't think Rosita's a whore either, but maybe she gets that moniker because there wasn't that much time between when she had sex with Saddiq and then with FFP?  I don't know, I haven't been watching that closely this season. 

11 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Three, actually; don’t forget Spencer Monroe - the one Negan gutted between eight-ball shots.

Three?  Well, in that case...what a whore!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

45 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Three?  Well, in that case...what a whore!

Yeah, she went and screwed Spencer after Abraham dumped her a really callous way so he could go screw Sasha. What a whore Abe was. Oh, I mean, "what a stud." Rosita is the whore.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I don't know why this shit bugs me so much, but no, she isn't.  She is a woman with normal sex drive in a world with no birth control.

2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Thank you. I said nothing about that but now that you bring it up, yeah it bugs the shit out of me too

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

At the very least, Rosita is no more a “ho” than either Siddiq OR FPP - takes two to tango, donchaknow.

Thank you. It really, really bothers me that slut shaming or calling a woman a ho is A-OK on this board. It wouldn't be OK if it was a man being called a ho either but it's always the women being shamed. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

*****MOD NOTE*****

Let's get back to talking about the episode, please.

• Laugh 1

20 hours ago, Nashville said:

Come to think of it, Siddiq should feel privileged; he’s the first man in living memory with whom Rosita has had a relationship, who didn’t end up dead pretty quickly thereafter....  ;>

The season isn't over yet and he is training others.  Perhaps the best way to survive is to make yourself as important as possible and keep as much of that important information to yourself as possible.

The people that wander off and get caught (like the two dudes that are with The Whisperers) won't be missed if something happens to them.  If something does happen, Henry has got another shot at the girl of his (wet) dreams.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The people that wander off and get caught (like the two dudes that are with The Whisperers) won't be missed if something happens to them.

I was just beginning to warm to Alden, not so much Trout-Pout yet, these secondary characters should be given a reasonable amount of time with which to tickle our fancy, I think Aaron is a good example of this, he has managed to work his way up to, in my opinion, a much loved and important character, who’s promise I hope doesnt get wasted in the same manner that befell Jesus.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I was just beginning to warm to Alden, not so much Trout-Pout yet, these secondary characters should have a reasonable amount of time with which to tickle our fancy, I think Aaron is a good example of this, he has managed to work his way up to, in my opinion, a much loved and important character, who’s promise I hope doesnt get wasted in the same manner that befell Jesus.

I was a big fan of Jesus, a wasted character (not wasted in a good way).  In this episode he gets carried around like a sack of potatoes.  I wonder how much he got paid for this episode where he was nothing more than dead weight.

Edited by icemiser69
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I don't have much to say,   nothing really makes sense, starting with the motorcycle.   My lawnmower is stored for the winter and it will take new fuel and few adjustments to be able to start it...  If it goes well.   

maybe next week I will have an opinion.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, heisenberg said:

I don't have much to say,   nothing really makes sense, starting with the motorcycle.   My lawnmower is stored for the winter and it will take new fuel and few adjustments to be able to start it...  If it goes well.   

maybe next week I will have an opinion.  

Don’t forget - this is the world of MagicGas® !  ;>

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2