Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Upgrade

ottoDbusdriver
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, krankydoodle said:

I wonder how much the order of an additional 3 episodes in October shook up the storylines.

That will be interesting to speculate once we know the climax at the end of the season. 

One problem with these "clever" airplane themed episode names is I can't remember what happened in which episode without looking it up.

This episode could very well have been an added filler episode.  Depending on how long the wolf-man thing lasts or how important it is, that could be a detour next week before the season finale.  Maybe we got an extra episode with Autumn, or we spent an extra episode with Zeke.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I've just realised what I find so weird about the scenes in the home of Cal & family.... they all wear shoes!  I just noticed in this episode and I think it explains why I've always found their home scenes to be so off and awkward.  Who wears shoes in their home?  Fancy shoes, too.  No one does that.

• Love 3

This show has become pretty stupid. I'm at the point, where I'm only watching to read the characters nicknames on this board. Eyebrows, Caveman, Wolfman, LaRon Hubbard, Jarod referred to as Jason in some of the comments. I know there's more...

10 hours ago, Token said:

I've just realised what I find so weird about the scenes in the home of Cal & family.... they all wear shoes!  I just noticed in this episode and I think it explains why I've always found their home scenes to be so off and awkward.  Who wears shoes in their home?  Fancy shoes, too.  No one does that.

I do. I have bad feet, so I have to. But fancy shoes - I agree. Those (if I could still wear them) come off right away.

11 hours ago, Token said:

Who wears shoes in their home?  Fancy shoes, too.  No one does that.

I wear shoes around the house most of the time.  Not fancy ones, I don't really have any real fancy shoes, but more often than not, I have shoes on at home.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:
12 hours ago, Token said:

I do. I have bad feet, so I have to. But fancy shoes - I agree. Those (if I could still wear them) come off right away.

56 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

I wear shoes around the house most of the time.  Not fancy ones, I don't really have any real fancy shoes, but more often than not, I have shoes on at home.

Barefoot or slippers or socks for me, but I can equate the characters not taking off shoes in the house to decades of characters not saying goodbye when they end a phone call 
--an artifact of the blend of art and capitalism;
screen time = $.

14 hours ago, Token said:

I've just realised what I find so weird about the scenes in the home of Cal & family.... they all wear shoes! 

The Callings told them to.  It was probably a story they couldn't tell since they only had 16 episodes.

Edited by Camera One
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mic, Jared and Lourdes are in an unprecedented situation.  They need to recognize that none of them can be expected to be processing this correctly.  No, they shouldn’t of slept together. However, Mic was trying to process 5 years in 5 minutes.  After a month, she’s starting to realize there’s no way forward for her and Jared. Jared and Lourdes lives have been disrupted... but they aren’t the one trying to process 5 years in 5 minutes.  Jared should have refused to work with Mic. Lourdes should have told him if he didn’t, she was moving out.  Actually Lourdes should have just moved the hell out the very first day and told Jared to come find her If he wanted to be with her even though Mic was back - rather than just assume a wedding ring  trumped Mic’s return.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

Did the parents really understand how to get Cal to tell (draw with them) about everything he sees? It is high time!
So the man in the van is a drawn wolf? Only in human form? Is he a werewolf? Or is it just such a terrible character like that of a wolf?
Although, of course, he is not a simple man. An ordinary person could not survive after spending so much time under water. So he is a living dead man ...😱

And yes, in vain, Michaela told Jared's wife everything. Just ruined the family ... And now all three will suffer. How trite!

I'm watching this for the first time. But this episode was the first to make me post. The timeline makes no sense, how can it only be a month since she got back.

For one thing, I unfortunately know that it takes a few weeks to set up Chemo treatments. So Cal would have first had to be approved for the trial treatment (which we saw) then receive it. This would take a few weeks by itself. And unless it is actually like magic, he wouldn't suddenly be magically well enough to go to school (unless he already was, which the show told us he wasn't).

The timeline also doesn't work with the other characters either with getting jobs and apartments and do everything they are doing. And it also suprises me that it wasn't like the 4400 where they were quarantined for a few weeks first.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, blueray said:

I'm watching this for the first time. But this episode was the first to make me post. The timeline makes no sense, how can it only be a month since she got back.

For one thing, I unfortunately know that it takes a few weeks to set up Chemo treatments. So Cal would have first had to be approved for the trial treatment (which we saw) then receive it. This would take a few weeks by itself. And unless it is actually like magic, he wouldn't suddenly be magically well enough to go to school (unless he already was, which the show told us he wasn't).

The timeline also doesn't work with the other characters either with getting jobs and apartments and do everything they are doing. And it also suprises me that it wasn't like the 4400 where they were quarantined for a few weeks first.

I haven’t watched this since it first aired 3 years ago, so my memory may be wrong, but I thought Cal didn’t need chemo after returning because he was miraculously healed. No?

The failure to quarantine the passengers of a flight that returned 5 years late was just a story choice that didn’t bother me too much because there were enough side-characters questioning this choice.

• Like 1