Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: One Bad Day

ohjoy

OMG, the therapist had a fall when she was 9, and  Billy can’t remember having a company. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I rarely bail on a show after getting this far into a season, but I’m almost there. 

And Frank, when you know where the crime will take place, and when, go there and set up. Don’t just miss the bad guys in their lair.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 1

Ugh. They actually went there with Billy and Krista; his assault was really just some kind of demented foreplay. Bleh.

I really have no idea what/where the writers think they are going with this Russo storyline, and the Russian/GOP/Blackmail storyline that started this whole season is DOA, too.

JB and a couple of great performances by the supporting cast are the thin threads tying any of this together right now, and they can only do so much.

ETA: What is the point of Frank disguising himself like Jake when he doesn't get anywhere close to Russo's crew before ripping the mask off and challenging Billy? That was dumb.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 2
On 1/21/2019 at 10:40 PM, Cthulhudrew said:

Ugh. They actually went there with Billy and Krista; his assault was really just some kind of demented foreplay. Bleh.

I really have no idea what/where the writers think they are going with this Russo storyline, and the Russian/GOP/Blackmail storyline that started this whole season is DOA, too.

JB and a couple of great performances by the supporting cast are the thin threads tying any of this together right now, and they can only do so much.

ETA: What is the point of Frank disguising himself like Jake when he doesn't get anywhere close to Russo's crew before ripping the mask off and challenging Billy? That was dumb.

I agree, the assault turning into a romance trope is gross.  I had a feeling it would go that way though, with the flash of Krista's self-harm scars from a few episodes back. 

On 1/21/2019 at 10:40 PM, Cthulhudrew said:

I think the point of the disguise was to make the reveal of the Punisher skull vest more dramatic.   I have to admit, it worked.   If you think about it, what Billy's damaged mind had to process in that moment -- here's Frank, my brother, my friend, here's Frank wearing the skull that's tormented me, because he's the one who did this to me -- well, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. 

Of course they didn't set up at the bank - because Frank has to be stupid, so that they can extend this storyline. 

The whole thing with Russo and his therapist is too freaky for me. I knew she was crushing on him before that happened, but she occasionally seemed like she would do the right thing. How did she expect it to end? I have a feeling she'll end up dead, just because she doesn't seem that happy, as he pointed out. 

I was surprised there was no girl this time. Loved the CSI lady fan-girling over Madani. I like the little lighter moments.

That knife scene was painful for me, too. I can't watch things like that. 

As soon as Curtis realized where Jake was going to score, I was wondering why they even approached him on the street in the first place and didn't just tail him back to their hideout.  I guess they didn't know they were all staying in the same place, but it wouldn't have hurt to at least shadow him for a bit.  I'm guessing just punching him out was Frank's call though.

For a second, I thought Frank was getting ready to play five finger fillet with Jake's hand, but I should have known Frank didn't have time for those silly games!

So, not only do Russo and Dumont hook-up, but she's now developed an unhealthy obsession with him.  I swear, therapists rarely ever come out looking well on television.

Cool seeing Marion/Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio again.

The hookup between the therapist and Billy was completely cringeworthy, but they'd been anvilling the shit out of that since day one.

I was yelling at Frank "JUST SHOOT HIM!" when he was standing in the middle of the street, staring at Billy. I guess they have to draw it out somehow...

• Love 1
On 2/9/2019 at 3:56 PM, mledawn said:

The hookup between the therapist and Billy was completely cringeworthy, but they'd been anvilling the shit out of that since day one.

I was yelling at Frank "JUST SHOOT HIM!" when he was standing in the middle of the street, staring at Billy. I guess they have to draw it out somehow...

And when Billy's sniper on overwatch finally decides to join the fight I was wondering if he was waiting for his entire squad to get killed before joining in? The minute the Punisher dropped the first one he was up for felony murder