Type keyword(s) to search

Paradise Hotel (US) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This jair scene is the cringiest but most hilarious thing I've ever seen on TV.

Like WTF, why did he keep asking?  Do they lock the doors?  Why did he even ask at all, just be like "hey, I gotta go bathroom, see you in like 10 minutes because I'm gonna wash my hands good"

8 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Is it a Millennial thing where you have an emotional breakdown bc someone has to pee at an inopportune moment?

Everyone was so salty.  I died when Bobby was like what the hell?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

This seemed like the best place for this to go:

https://fox2now.com/2019/06/07/paradise-hotel-stars-talk-about-life-after-the-show/

Bobby Ray took Tyler to an interview with Fox 2 in St. Louis. First and foremost, could they not spring for something more than the Amazon mini-couch edition? That has to be painful sitting in the Squatty-Potty position the entire time. I know Tyler is on the shorter side, but BR isn't. But, secondly, Bobby Ray alluded to being on another reality show down the line and Tyler talked about an up and coming YouTube channel. 

7 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

This seemed like the best place for this to go:

https://fox2now.com/2019/06/07/paradise-hotel-stars-talk-about-life-after-the-show/

Bobby Ray took Tyler to an interview with Fox 2 in St. Louis. First and foremost, could they not spring for something more than the Amazon mini-couch edition? That has to be painful sitting in the Squatty-Potty position the entire time. I know Tyler is on the shorter side, but BR isn't. But, secondly, Bobby Ray alluded to being on another reality show down the line and Tyler talked about an up and coming YouTube channel. 

I'm happy you hear about Bobby Rae.  I was sure I was going to hate him, but he's a funny guy and he seems like a very solid friend.

(edited)

Is mariaelena wearing a wig?  I think she is because I think the lace is the wrong color.

ETA ..oh yeah that's a wig.  I don't understand why she is wearing it, but you have to use concealer on the lace part so it matches your skin tone.  That's like YouTube lace wig 101.  

Still really like marielena though.  

I want to see her and Nicole on more shows!

Edited by RealReality
(edited)

People seemed not to like Tatum but she seemed to try and play the game to win.

If Bobby Ray had not come in on the first wave, I don't think he would have lasted a day.

Jared had to have been a producer plant; no one that dull and inarticulate could have been selected for this show.

And along the same lines, these were the most attractive contestants you could find?  Scraping the bottom of the barrel comes to mind. . .

Edited by rebel2u
I can't spell
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

If Bobby Ray had not come in on the first wave, I don't think he would have lasted a day.

Jared had to have been a producer plant; no one that dull and inarticulate could have been selected for this show.

And along the same lines, these were the most attractive contestants you could find?  Scraping the bottom of the barrel comes to mind. . .

I agree, I think Jared was a producer plant.

I don't understand Tatum's strategy, though she was always playing.... something

I think they just kinda trolled Instagram for contestants.  Besides papi sazons prison physique I generally think they did okay in terms of physical attractiveness.

But some of those newer check in...yikes!  I think some of them just showed up for a hot meal.

That ginger guy?  Oh no.  He was not the business and I know he probably put on SPF 2000 and still burned. 

That guy who was drinking champagne straight from the bottle?  Huh? 

That guy with the horse face that Brittney was drooling over?  Nice guy, not cute.

No tea no shade, but jair is a solid no.  I'm almost annoyed that he was the token black guy and he was not attractive or particularly witty or interesting.....and damn the optics of him asking a white woman if he can pee....just...goodness.

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/7/2019 at 6:33 AM, JenE4 said:

This would have been a good ending if we didn’t already see this on Bachelor Pad (early version of Bachelor in Paradise)—which I thought was one of the greatest reality TV moments. I’m glad Bobby “stuck it to” Tatum, but I’m not a fan of Bobby’s, either. Then again, I really don’t know who on this show is “deserving” of the money...besides maybe the British announcer dude.

To be fair, Charla screwing over Dave in a similar fashion in the original Paradise Hotel was indeed one of the greatest reality TV moments, occurring at least a decade before Bachelor Pad.

Voting off David & Kendall was stupid.  They were the only semi legitimate couple.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, snarts said:

To be fair, Charla screwing over Dave in a similar fashion in the original Paradise Hotel was indeed one of the greatest reality TV moments, occurring at least a decade before Bachelor Pad.

Voting off David & Kendall was stupid.  They were the only semi legitimate couple.

Even though the rules were murky at best, I understood voting out the strongest couple.  

If the way to win was by having the strongest connection David and Kendall would have won....even without that "shocking" revelation that they had sex....when they were on a reality show that had it's own branded condoms......

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Even though the rules were murky at best, I understood voting out the strongest couple.  

If the way to win was by having the strongest connection David and Kendall would have won....even without that "shocking" revelation that they had sex....when they were on a reality show that had it's own branded condoms......

Oh, totally get why the contestants did it.  I meant stupid of the producers to allow it to happen, as they were the only couple people may have been rooting for. Once they were gone, the last hour became a battle for the least vile.  Bobby Ray is utterly dull but harmless. 

Show fizzled at the end, so much potential ruined.  I hope this Love Island thing is entertaining.  

• Love 8
On 6/6/2019 at 10:20 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

What IS Suazon?  Is it his last name? Is it a Spanish word I don't know?  And how do you pronounce it????

It's a seasoning widely used in (not sure correct term when referring to food) cooking. Personal experience with mostly Puerto Rican fare. I believe it's pronounced Sah-sone. You're welcome 😂

91sRu0c8gxL._SX355_.jpg

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, rebel2u said:

Generally, a plant has to be smarter and more deceptive than a regular player, not that it's a high bar on the show. I'm not sure what he was "planted" to do.

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Tatum and Bobby Ray had sex, too. If sex were the threshold, everyone would have boned... and the producers would have been busted for prostitution. That would make for some good TV.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ketose said:

Generally, a plant has to be smarter and more deceptive than a regular player, not that it's a high bar on the show. I'm not sure what he was "planted" to do.

Tatum and Bobby Ray had sex, too. If sex were the threshold, everyone would have boned... and the producers would have been busted for prostitution. That would make for some good TV.

Yeah, Jamie seemed shook by this revelation.  So I'm guessing jair got none 

...kinda feel sorry for him, that bathroom moment was the most standout moment of the show and if any part of the show goes viral....it's gonna be him making an absolute fool of himself.  I couldn't believe he just sat there at the table apologizing and not peeing!

As far as Jared being a plant, his conversation/game wasn't on point, but look at how much power he had. 

He got to send shallee home because he won the game.  Easy for producers to make that happen by placing his key at the top of the popsicle.  Yes, it was a "couple decision" but you know it wasn't hard to talk Brittney into whatever.  In fact since the producers set the game up they could have placed t and s key deeper than the others so they would lose.

Then, when he got voted out, he had the power to take another couple with him. Something that production would have wanted to do.  He took out Brittney and tyler, which kinda makes sense because they weren't drama like Carlos/Kaitlin, tatum/bobby Rae......and I think that production would have had a more difficult time convincing everyone to get rid of Brittney/Tyler in a vote.

Also, while not interesting, he ONLY talked game strategy, he wasn't even trying to "connect" or whatever.  He straight up forgot brittneys name.  

I just don't think you let someone have that much power on a show like this unless you KNOW what they are going to do with it.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, snarts said:

I was upset by that, too. At least Kendall got a souvenir condom that she nabbed the one day.

1 hour ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

It's a seasoning widely used in (not sure correct term when referring to food) cooking. Personal experience with mostly Puerto Rican fare. I believe it's pronounced Sah-sone. You're welcome 😂

SABAH SOLVED THE SEASON'S GREATEST MYSTERY! 🙏

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ketose said:

There was a 12 person jury. What would have happened if the vote was 6-6? Did they have a tiebreaker planned?

They would have seen who was able to have the most dramatic bathroom break and based it on that.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, ketose said:

If sex were the threshold, everyone would have boned... and the producers would have been busted for prostitution. That would make for some good TV.

Hah... but actually all the originals had sex (even if BR only got it on a dare...), beside poor Brittney and of course Hans. Maybe if she hadn't broken her deal with BR she would have got some and won money!

Oh and mentioning funny moments, I never get enough of people saying flat out they didn't say that and/or someone was lying and then the producers roll tape with them saying exactly that. Good stuff.

For the tiebreaker they would have gone to Big brother style... "Write down on your whiteboard how many 'Temptation' condoms were used during filming."

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Hah... but actually all the originals had sex (even if BR only got it on a dare...), beside poor Brittney and of course Hans. Maybe if she hadn't broken her deal with BR she would have got some and won money!

Oh and mentioning funny moments, I never get enough of people saying flat out they didn't say that and/or someone was lying and then the producers roll tape with them saying exactly that. Good stuff.

For the tiebreaker they would have gone to Big brother style... "Write down on your whiteboard how many 'Temptation' condoms were used during filming."

"How many times did Carlos refer to himself as 'papi sazon?'

Correct answer is 73,348

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

They would have seen who was able to have the most dramatic bathroom break and based it on that.

Makes me sad that more people didn't watch this show, because that nonsense should have a universal joke.

It was such a ridiculously funny and cringey moment that everyone missed.  Its the same feeling I would have if I saw a leprechaun in the forest.  I'd be excited to see the leprechaun, but sad that everyone else missed it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Makes me sad that more people didn't watch this show, because that nonsense should have a universal joke.

It was such a ridiculously funny and cringey moment that everyone missed.  Its the same feeling I would have if I saw a leprechaun in the forest.  I'd be excited to see the leprechaun, but sad that everyone else missed it.

The advantage of cramming everything into a 2 hour recap made the last few weeks move pretty fast. If they stuck to the 4 day a week format, I think there would have been a lot more filler. 

• Love 2