Type keyword(s) to search

Little House On The Prairie - General Discussion

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can we empower each other with specific, constructive feedback? How can we redirect our focus towards actions, not individuals, and tackle passive-aggressive behavior by encouraging direct, respectful communication?

Check our guide on healthy debates for more info.

• Start Topic

"Cash on a Barrel" --Charles refuses to buy anything on credit. Can he get through a week without using credit?

"Late night walks" Laura sneaks out again to go into walnut grove after midnight. A storm pops up and Laura gets caught in it, can she make it back home before she's busted?

"Broken Ribs" Charles gets his ribs broken at work. Can Charles tend to his crop with broken ribs to avoid bankruptcy?

• Like 1

'Rolled Out the Barrel'- When Charles pays for a new barrel in cash, Harriet celebrates by trying to roll it out to his wagon- only to have it crash into his target ribs!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

'Fiddle-Dee-Don't'- After the Colonel opens a branch at Nellie's Hotel in  Walnut Grove (despite it being set roughly the same time as his birth in Kentucky), he invites Charles to perform with his violin at the Grand Opening and all goes well until Charles stomps off and refuses to play the Colonel's fave song- Hank William, Sr.'s 'Mind Your Own Business'!  While Charles makes his churlish exit, the whole town eagerly serenades him with it, though!

• LOL 2

"Storm without warning" Nels and Edwards go to Winoka but worried a storm may be coming. Charles tells them it's impossible , spring is here. A massive winter storm hits and Nels and Edwards are trapped!Charles feels guilty after Harriet screams at him and calls him a "weatherman wanna be" Can Charles find them in time to save them?!?!

• Mind Blown 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, jason88cubs said:

"Storm without warning" Nels and Edwards go to Winoka but worried a storm may be coming. Charles tells them it's impossible , spring is here. A massive winter storm hits and Nels and Edwards are trapped!Charles feels guilty after Harriet screams at him and calls him a "weatherman wanna be" Can Charles find them in time to save them?!?!

Well, most likely neither of them would be randomly carrying a pair of useless glasses in their pocket to accidentally cause a signal fire that leads Charles to them. So their best hope for survival would be Edwards has a gallon of moonshine in the wagon. 🤣

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Well, most likely neither of them would be randomly carrying a pair of useless glasses in their pocket to accidentally cause a signal fire that leads Charles to them. So their best hope for survival would be Edwards has a gallon of moonshine in the wagon. 🤣

Or maybe Black Bart will find them. ..or at least find Mr. Edwards alone.

• Like 2

My two least favorite back-to-back episodes? "The Angry Heart" followed by "The Werewolf of Walnut Grove." Two episodes I can almost always skip. Season 6 has some real clunkers. 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 1/24/2024 at 7:02 PM, Superclam said:

My two least favorite back-to-back episodes? "The Angry Heart" followed by "The Werewolf of Walnut Grove." Two episodes I can almost always skip. Season 6 has some real clunkers. 

Ironic that the city thug Todd calls Albert 'the village idiot' first thing in Walnut Grove (in 'The Angry Heart') but I can't help but think that the bully who [but for Carrie's blabbing) actually bought that Albert WAS 'The Werewolf of Walnut Grove' was a much better candidate!

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 1

"Not his fault" Albert steals over 50.00 from Nels and gets caught red handed. He runs away to avoid punishment. Can Charles find him and let him know he is loved and won't be punished?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Just watching Handyman while I had a day off. Mary, the B***ch telling her Mom "I saw you!!" Good Lord. What a drama queen. She tells an adult to leave that her mom hasn't paid yet for his work. Then "it's all a mistake" It's a mistake because your mom tells you she fell? The tears from her pretty blue eyes. I'll tell him to come back...a bad script but I guess Mike didn't know how to get rid of Chris before he got back on the show full time saving people.  Chris made a great almost room, made toys for Carrie, gave her more attention than Ma and left saying she didn't have to pay him. Hopefully he found more gracious people in the future. : )  I know some were off the set but I wont go into that. lol

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, debraran said:

Just watching Handyman while I had a day off. Mary, the B***ch telling her Mom "I saw you!!" Good Lord. What a drama queen. She tells an adult to leave that her mom hasn't paid yet for his work. Then "it's all a mistake" It's a mistake because your mom tells you she fell? The tears from her pretty blue eyes. I'll tell him to come back...a bad script but I guess Mike didn't know how to get rid of Chris before he got back on the show full time saving people.  Chris made a great almost room, made toys for Carrie, gave her more attention than Ma and left saying she didn't have to pay him. Hopefully he found more gracious people in the future. : )  I know some were off the set but I wont go into that. lol

Correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC, the episode closed with them seeing Pa coming home (from a distance since ML wasn't there) and saying that they couldn't wait to tell him about Chris No Surname!

Yeah, I get that Ma and Chris had done nothing shameful to hide [no comment on their performers] but exactly why would they have thought that Pa would have thought Chris's stay had been good news?

• Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC, the episode closed with them seeing Pa coming home (from a distance since ML wasn't there) and saying that they couldn't wait to tell him about Chris No Surname!

Yeah, I get that Ma and Chris had done nothing shameful to hide [no comment on their performers] but exactly why would they have thought that Pa would have thought Chris's stay had been good news?

Charles came home once inbetween where Mary begs him to stay and he acts like she has 3 heads. She missed him telling Ma that Mrs Oleson couldn't wait to tell him about the handsome man taking care of the family and thought he'd be jealous (Ma looked a slight bit disappointed) Caroline assumes Chris went to town.He stepped aside not wanting to interfere with their family time and some said, Mike didn't want them both in a scene.  Yes Chris was always just "Chris" Hard to look him up later. Did a hunky handyman with a great tool belt pass through here?

Then at the end, Charles comes home and they are happy and he finally notices Ma with hair down and says it looks pretty (like every night he didn't see her brush it) and they tell him Chris left and couldn't finish and he's like "I can do it" and Carrie excitingly tells him about toy Chris made for her etc. I liked that she had more air time in a nice way, he really gave her more attention than Pa. Off set, Karen said he really was great with the kids and they loved him, I think it showed, Mary excluded.  : )

No mention of paying him to Charles or not paying him and I assume Ma kept that money for a rainy day fund : )

groomer-chris-nelson-with-carrie-toy-clown-dancing.png.2e68bdd56849475a49195dce9ce27ed5.png

Edited by debraran
10 hours ago, jason88cubs said:

Did Chris compliment the apple fritters?

Everything and said he could tend to his own shirt...and he couldn't find anyone who would want him?? Great carpenter, probably could cook, he sews, he is good with kids.

In another show, Charles wasn't being attentive either but I forgot why. She had the new white shirt and he didn't notice. Was that the widow/dishes one?

• Useful 1
(edited)

Does anyone think Mary's dislike of Ma being more the cordially civil to Chris No Surname may not have been entirely her being the Absent Pa's Avenging Angel but with the possible contributing factor of Mary upset that Chris No Surname wouldn't have considered her someone worth . . .at least being more than  cordially civil to? And may not have wanted to believe that Ma may have been more attractive to him than she was?

Yeah, with no surname given, it would have been next to impossible to look him him - to say nothing of 'Chris' possibly being short for everything from Christopher, Christian to even Kris Kringle!

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Does anyone think Mary's dislike of Ma being more the cordially civil to Chris No Surname may not have been entirely her being the Absent Pa's Avenging Angel but with the possible contributing factor of Mary upset that Chris No Surname wouldn't have consider her someone worth . . .at least being more than  cordially civil to? And may not have wanted to believe that Ma may have been more attractive to him than she was?

Yeah, with no surname given, it would have been next to impossible to look him him - to say nothing of 'Chris' possibly being short for everything from Christopher, Christian to even Kris Kringle!

Well Carrie and Mom got most of the attention...Mary was the belle of WG and the boys buzzed around, they all liked her even if she didn't like them. I imagine if he complimented her a little (probably sound sleazy now) she might have warmed up a bit.

• Useful 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, debraran said:

Well Carrie and Mom got most of the attention...Mary was the belle of WG and the boys buzzed around, they all liked her even if she didn't like them. I imagine if he complimented her a little (probably sound sleazy now) she might have warmed up a bit.

I'm NOT saying that he should have done so to the underage Mary. However, it likely might have had her not be so frosty towards him- although in doing so, he'd  have opened another can of worms.

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 1
On 2/11/2024 at 4:49 AM, debraran said:

Everything and said he could tend to his own shirt...and he couldn't find anyone who would want him?? Great carpenter, probably could cook, he sews, he is good with kids.

In another show, Charles wasn't being attentive either but I forgot why. She had the new white shirt and he didn't notice. Was that the widow/dishes one?

yea it was because didn't he compliment her and she got all excited..or was it this episode?

• Like 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, jason88cubs said:

yea it was because didn't he compliment her and she got all excited..or was it this episode?

She was getting insecure about the time Charles was away doing chores for the Widow. Mary forgot she told her dad her Ma would like the dishes and he was just trying to get them so she could sell them later. (never to be seen again)

Then Ma sees Widow with Harriet and of course she has wonderful taste and picking out fabric and Harriet loves her taste. So instead of something "serviceable" Harriet suggests, Caroline buys nice fabric. Then she makes white blouse (really a bit nice for prairie living) Laura offers her lemon verbena to really wake him up. ; ) He doesn't seem to notice and later after she changes, says "that's a nice blouse you had on"  Photos below

caroline-mrs-oleson.png

mary-caroline-laura-carrie-lemon-verbena

charles-widow-mary.png.ec54e705bebb0d35b58ea4e5dbd8b16e.png

Edited by debraran

It's got its own Roku channel, showing the entire series back to back, from the pilot movie to the one where they blow up the town. I think it repeats every 10 days or so. At this point I may have too much prairie. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

(town throws a celebration)

"We need some to provide food"

Charles" WE GOT IT!

"and wood"

Charles" here!"

"decorations"

"The Ingall family would be proud to!!!"

"tables need made"

"Right here I got all the tools!"

"chairs"

"If I'm doing tables might as well do chaairs!!"

"Fireworks"

"Just my luck, I can do that as well!"

"Drinks"

"Oh come on we are doing food why not us!??!"

"Alright Chalres is taking care of it all"

"That's right! Now let me talk to Nels about extending my credit for all this!"

(edited)

It’s also on Prime Video. We can get all the Little House we’d ever want.

I watched Harriet’s Happenings yesterday. It’s a ridiculous episode, really. Would all those people in WG be transfixed by a scandal sheet? Aren’t they too busy working from dusk to dawn in order to stay alive?

That said, it’s still great fun because of Mrs. Oleson. The scene where she confronts Caroline and demands that Laura and Albert be horsewhipped is great. And Caroline’s snark as she parrots back Harriet’s earlier dialogue about printing retractions almost verbatim is classic.

A few goofs: The name of the paper is The Pen and Plow. Pa keeps calling it The Pen and the Plow. Also, Jon Garvey talks about getting a loan at the bank to buy Alice an anniversary gift. He can’t, because the bank is gone and the Pen and Plow replaced it.

Edited by Egg McMuffin
  • Like 1

Actually, I think that the townsfolks would CRAVE Mrs. Oleson's rag as something to look forward to after their struggles to survive. Sensationalist rags  thriveda great deal  in the latter 19th century among the literate farm and industrial workers (and even 'respectable' papers often pulled no punches in hyping and making the news as lurid as possible- e.g. Lizzie Borden's father and stepmother's double axe-murder and Miss Borden's trial,etc.) .

Cousin Sterling wasn't smart to have let that edition get distributed without having proofread it himself with a magnifying glass even if his eyesight wasn't what it once was which was why he'd hired the Ingalls and Garvey kids to set the type!

Oh, yeah, I can easily imagine that both Miss Grassle and the late Miss MacGregor had their fun with Caroline [for once] actually giving it back to Harriet (and amazingly, Harriet not ONCE looking up at the loft to see Laura and Albert snickering at her).

I also can't help but think that Nels (and Mr. Bull) had his fun when he conspiratorially winked at Willie after his young son read the altered version which had 'from a reliable source' that claimed that Harriet's hair and teeth weren't all grown from her own noggin. Could Nels have let those claims out to Laura when he got exasperated?   Of course, it wasn't fair to Nels himself that the Mercantile had lost irreplaceable prized merchandise and monies to the '100 Percent Off 'sale.  Willie seemed to be the only Oleson to have been  unscathed from the Ingallses' Edit.

Of course, it wasn't fun for that one-shot German pioneer family to have gotten so meanly dissed by Harriet for the transgression of having their teenaged son beat Nellie in the spelling bee!

Yeah, more for their sakes, rather than the Ingallses themselves nor even the Garveys that I was glad to see Charles trash the paper from the pulpit (even though some if not all of his righteous indignation stemmed from ML's extramarital trysts being broadcast via contemporary rags).

• Like 3

I thought Charles was a tad hypocritical in his sermon, given that his kids printed some lies in the Pen and Plow, too. But as a rule on this show, Pa’s righteous indignation generally doesn’t hold up to scrutiny.

• Like 3
(edited)

Mike was mad at the papers and they never let up even when he was sick. That was sad, helicopters flying over his home etc.

I understand if you stray, you are an open book but sickness should be off limits, but it's rarely.

This explored it a bit, I remember the Carson show. I don't remember his wife suing but that was common then.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/little-house-on-the-prairie-star-michael-landon-once-said-reading-tabloid-reports-about-himself-was-worse-than-getting-cancer.html/

13 hours ago, debraran said:

Mike wasn't that naive to think even if he was far from Charles Ingall's, he represented himself as such. He lost endorsements and James Garner (another fav of mine) took over and did well with Kodak. I sometimes wonder if he would have ridden it out and done a lot more, sadly wont know. Many of his kids and coworkers were torn about it though, didn't speak or felt betrayed. You never, ever live in a bubble.

Edited by debraran
  • Like 1

In retrospect while I agree that it's infuriating that they refused to allow his loved ones privacy when ML was dying, I'm a bit amazed that the rags didn't seem to pick up on his booze habits  on the set (along with his extramarital escapades) and, in fact, it was only his colleagues' bios that seemed to have made it public knowledge.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Blergh said:

In retrospect while I agree that it's infuriating that they refused to allow his loved ones privacy when ML was dying, I'm a bit amazed that the rags didn't seem to pick up on his booze habits  on the set (along with his extramarital escapades) and, in fact, it was only his colleagues' bios that seemed to have made it public knowledge.

I think like with the harassment many women suffered through, whether on set or other TV shows, it was just what went on. I feel it wasn't news worthy because Hollywood was never "religious" if a man wanted a bourbon at 10am, that's fine. He never said he was religious and that was against his rules, it just was.  Many years later comedians and singers were failing, sick, but no one said anything until they did fall.  Slowly it changed. People put up with a lot to keep jobs and if they had the same failing, they didn't want to see it in others. 

I do remember seeing rags that said things that weren't "holy" about ML but they were the Enquirer or The Star...was it true, was it half true, made up?

It's easier to see addictions with singers etc but actors can take extra takes and have other "help" and many have a pact of silence again, unless they hate each other, it's touchy what will keep them from jobs.

I agree, though, without social media and instant posts on various sites, would some of this be instant fodder now? Maybe. Too tempting. Then you'd need an interview. Mike admitted his drug abuse, drinking and smoking but again, that wasn't a big deal. Infidelity, rampant. Kids were young and didn't realize things until it was too obvious, you smell the liquor, you see the flirting, you hear conversations. I learned more than I needed to know about family shows in the 60's and 70's and how dysfunctional some were, but glad at the time, FB, Twitter and Instagram weren't around. ; ) Leave me my bubble.

Can you imagine Kennedy or other presidents with Twitter and Facebook etc. I'm glad a little bit, that we had less at that point.

• Like 2

yes I feel like celebrities back then had such a mystery around them because you didn't know every single thing about them.

It made them seem cool or even big time

Imagien Frank Sinatra tweeting his lunch lol. Imagine James Dean posting on Instagram about laying in bed until going to work

• Like 1
16 hours ago, jason88cubs said:

yes I feel like celebrities back then had such a mystery around them because you didn't know every single thing about them.

It made them seem cool or even big time

Imagien Frank Sinatra tweeting his lunch lol. Imagine James Dean posting on Instagram about laying in bed until going to work

Yes, It would be funny and the adoration, when the only info you ever got was from their agent, who wanted you think they were kind or generous or loyal. Then decades later, you are, "what??"although thinking most people are saintly is silly. Okay Tom Hanks is human but he hides any faults well ;)

I remember watching I love Lucy rerun with my Mom and she grew up with it. She was telling me about Desi and the divorce and how "Ethel and Fred" hated each other and I was like  "did that effect the show? " and she was like, No, you didn't know, they were professionals and it was entertainment.

Wise words but I wish the sexual harassment was less

• Like 3
On 3/1/2024 at 3:42 AM, debraran said:

Yes, It would be funny and the adoration, when the only info you ever got was from their agent, who wanted you think they were kind or generous or loyal. Then decades later, you are, "what??"although thinking most people are saintly is silly. Okay Tom Hanks is human but he hides any faults well ;)

I remember watching I love Lucy rerun with my Mom and she grew up with it. She was telling me about Desi and the divorce and how "Ethel and Fred" hated each other and I was like  "did that effect the show? " and she was like, No, you didn't know, they were professionals and it was entertainment.

Wise words but I wish the sexual harassment was less

Same here! I also wish performer safety had been better taken care of. Even LHOTP was somewhat lax as per Miss Arngrim's bio including such things as having her being filmed zooming down a hill in a wooden wheelchair that was literally falling apart as well as her and Miss Gilbert expected to cross over fast moving rapids and grab onto a hidden float- or get swept away!

• Like 1

I just saw a ZOOM interview with Charlotte Stewart- and she said something I never realized before: the WG Schoolroom Blackboards were full of different lessons for the different grades- as would befit a one-room schoolroom teaching different ages of students. Moreover,  Miss Stewart said that she had made it her personal mission to write out these lessons  herself since she didn't think it would reflect well to keep solely the '1+1=2' lessons that seemed to have been the only offering before Miss Stewart added her input!

BTW, there seems to be something in the near future called Simi Valley 50th Anniversary Days that AA and Dean Butler especially seem to be pitching! Also, Mr. Butler has written his behind-the-scenes prairie bio and it's scheduled for June of this year!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Thanks for that info, I saw the big youtube video with all the cast, but that was during Covid ( I liked ER's the most )

Dean's book is on preorder. I don't know how I'll feel about it, he wasn't my favorite character and the "men" have been mostly quiet, it will be interesting. Probably more about Melissa G and him and will he talk about Jon or other "off the table" subjects. We will see. I might bring it to the 50th Aniv get-to-gather in CT. I'm sure the money will be nice when things like fan events are more time and trouble at times.

I would have loved Katherine's or Richard Bull's since they said so much just in a magazine.

https://www.amazon.com/Prairie-Man-Little-House-Beyond/dp/0806543299

Edited by debraran
  • Like 1

One thing they (AA, Mr. Butler and Miss Stewart) touched upon in the ZOOM interview was about how universally liked Dabbs Greer (Reverend Alden) was among the cast. They said he had an interesting approach to acting in which he made sure to learn ONLY the last four words the other performer/ character was saying to Rev. Alden as his cue to start his reply. However, in doing so, he'd be listening carefully to the other performer's words, actions and expressions  beforehand so Rev. Alden could be as spontaneous and believable as possible in his Mr. Greer's interpretation of the scripted lines!

Also, while Miss Stewart and Mr. Butler have become chummy in the years since the show's end via participating  together in fan events,etc., their characters (natch) never met on the show. However, Miss Stewart revealed that she'd always known that Miss Beadle and Manley would never meet due to it being spelled out to her from the start that she had a four-year contract after which Miss Beadle would amscray to set the stage for a new teacher who happened to be the sister of Laura's husband to be brought on the scene (of course, it would be quite some time before they'd cast the performers to play Eliza Jane and Manley).

Interesting that Mr. Butler has since become aware (and self-conscious) over the fact that the show's Spanish pronunciation of Al- MOHN-zoh was not how the any of the Wilders themselves pronounced it [Al-MAN-zoh- which made Laura's 'Manley' nickname seem more natural).

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Interesting that Mr. Butler has since become aware (and self-conscious) over the fact that the show's Spanish pronunciation of Al- MOHN-zoh was not how the any of the Wilders themselves pronounced it [Al-MAN-zoh- which made Laura's 'Manley' nickname seem more natural).

That makes way more sense, but I totally read his name as a Spanish-style Almanzo all the way through the books. LOL

• Like 2
On 3/2/2024 at 7:09 AM, Blergh said:

Same here! I also wish performer safety had been better taken care of. Even LHOTP was somewhat lax as per Miss Arngrim's bio including such things as having her being filmed zooming down a hill in a wooden wheelchair that was literally falling apart as well as her and Miss Gilbert expected to cross over fast moving rapids and grab onto a hidden float- or get swept away!

I found on another LHOP board some stunts that went bad and who did what. A bad one was Harriet in the very funny "Here Comes the Brides" Here Come the Brides: Trivia note: Harriet Oleson on a horse is a rare occasion indeed, and it turned out badly! When she fell off the horse at the end of this episode, it was no classic Hollywood stunt. "Katherine MacGregor fell very badly!", remembers Charlotte Stewart, "and she had to be taken to the hospital."

Although she injured her back and kidneys, "during it all, her sense of humor never faltered." On screen, Charlotte says, "the beginning of the fall was Katherine, but by the time Mrs. Oleson hit the ground it was the stunt double."

As usual, in such circumstances, it was Ruth Foster who was called to the rescue. "It was later in the afternoon", remembers Ruth, "and the last day to shoot the complete show. So they got me dressed as Mrs. Oleson as fast as they could and they shot all from the back of me and Nels. And saved the episode because the actor in the scene was leaving in a few hours to go back to New York and they would have lost the actor and couldn't have had finish of the episode."

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Zella said:

I know we've discussed the disappearance of Jonathan Gilbert before, but apparently he will be appearing at the cast reunion later this month. Per some discussion I saw on Reddit, Alison Arngrim confirmed this on her Facebook group.

https://littlehousefestival.com/

Well, if he actually shows, it should be interesting to see how he lives up/down to everyone's expectations (to say nothing of who/how he got persuaded to show)!

• Like 1
(edited)

It would be nice but why would he come out of retirement so to speak for a reunion in Simi Valley? Just seems odd but I hope it's true. He will steal the show from the regulars. The only thing I see odd in the add is they used an old photo, did he change that much?

I always felt bad that he wasn't talking to anyone in his family but respected there might have been very good reasons from tidbits Richard Bull said and probably other things unsaid. I hope he had a good life and whether he shows up or not, whether it's for the money or making amends, I hope it goes well if he comes.

I didn't see it on her facebook page, did you have a link? I used search on top of page. Some fans are doubting it although it's on the ad for the event which says a lot, but not on official FB page of Alison. Some people do commit and then don't come for various reasons though.   I think they lied so much about him in the past, making up things about him, it just leaves a lot of doubt.

I see they are selling photos with him for 75.00, others are more, some 10.00 less. Can add up if a fan in the excitement just says "charge it" You are home and wondering why there's 500.00 or more on your card. lol

Edited by debraran
  • Like 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, debraran said:

It would be nice but why would he come out of retirement so to speak for a reunion in Simi Valley? Just seems odd but I hope it's true. He will steal the show from the regulars. The only thing I see odd in the add is they used an old photo, did he change that much?

I always felt bad that he wasn't talking to anyone in his family but respected there might have been very good reasons from tidbits Richard Bull said and probably other things unsaid. I hope he had a good life and whether he shows up or not, whether it's for the money or making amends, I hope it goes well if he comes.

I didn't see it on her facebook page, did you have a link? I used search on top of page. Some fans are doubting it although it's on the ad for the event which says a lot, but not on official FB page of Alison. Some people do commit and then don't come for various reasons though.   I think they lied so much about him in the past, making up things about him, it just leaves a lot of doubt.

I see they are selling photos with him for 75.00, others are more, some 10.00 less. Can add up if a fan in the excitement just says "charge it" You are home and wondering why there's 500.00 or more on your card. lol

It's the 50th, but I agree it is interesting he finally decided to attend. 

I didn't personally see it on Facebook, but apparently she administers the Little House Cast Reunion page. I think I misspoke and called it a group. That being said, I probably should have done some more investigating since I just saw it posted on Reddit. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

At this point, I think it would be better to just wait and see (and enjoy the other surviving cast members' reunion and interactions with each other and their audience) rather than just pin everything on Mr. Gilbert's return.

BTW,  it seems Bonnie Bartlett (Grace Snyder Edwards) has made her intentions of attending this fete known despite the fact that she's now 94 years old and has become her husband William Daniels's caregiver (who is due to turn 97 at the end of March). I hope she and the others listed can make it and will have fun.

P.S. I think since it's the 50th Anniversary, it has occurred to some if not all the surviving cast members that this could be the last chance of being together and being openly celebrated for their particupation in LHOTP- especially those who had been adults during the show's production.  Though, oddly enough Melissa Sue Anderson doesn't seem to be ready to join the others.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Though, oddly enough Melissa Sue Anderson doesn't seem to be ready to join the others.

Honestly, with the comments that were made about her by M. Gilbert and Arngrim, I don't blame her. Some of the anecdotes about her as a kid do make her sound mean, but some of it doesn't reflect well on them either. In any event, I don't blame her for avoiding the inevitable revisiting of all that. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Honestly, with the comments that were made about her by M. Gilbert and Arngrim, I don't blame her. Some of the anecdotes about her as a kid do make her sound mean, but some of it doesn't reflect well on them either. In any event, I don't blame her for avoiding the inevitable revisiting of all that. 

Not invalid points. However, between Charlotte Stewart and Karen Grassle both going to bat for MSA in their bios AND with many of the viewers concluding that there had to be another side besides 'MSA's rotten for no reason[ while MG's mean pranks get laughed off],' it might be worth her time to at least connect to the more balanced cast members if not audience members.

• Like 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Not invalid points. However, between Charlotte Stewart and Karen Grassle both going to bat for MSA in their bios AND with many of the viewers concluding that there had to be another side besides 'MSA's rotten for no reason[ while MG's mean pranks get laughed off],' it might be worth her time to at least connect to the more balanced cast members if not audience members.

That's true, but I suspect the show may not mean the same to her as some of the other cast members for whatever reason. She could just as easily and perhaps more comfortably reconnect with them one-on-one rather than at a reunion. 

This came up with the Band of Brothers vets and their reunions. For a lot of them, it was such an essential part of their life that those connections were super important to them. But for at least one of them who went on to be career military, it was just one of many units he served with. He was proud of his service and he was polite to people who reached out to him to reminisce, but a reunion didn't interest him. He also didn't seek out those connections or seem too troubled by missing out on them.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1