Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Harlots

(edited)

I thought Lady Fitz would be a one-season guest role but I've seen Liv in two new dresses, so maybe she has an actual plot this season, smaller than last time but still more than a single appearance.

Edited by ElizaD
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ElizaD said:

I thought Lady Fitz would be a one-season guest role but I've seen Liv in two new dresses, so maybe she has an actual plot this season, smaller than last time but still more than a single appearance.

I would think that, at the very least, they'd have to close out her story line.  However, I enjoyed Lady Fitz far more than I had expected when I heard Liv Tyler was joining the cast, so I'd be happy with more of her!

• Love 2

Considering how hard she screwed over Charlotte - and by extension, took away the safety of every girl in London by helping free her brother - I would think Lady Fitz would be a good source of guilt-fueled support from the upper class. I don't see her abandoning Charlotte just because she got what she wanted.

I'm loving Lucy's costumes. Charlotte's look strikes me as more late 18th century than before.

So Charlotte's main plot is her rivalry with Alfie Allen and Isabella is her love interest. Thrilled about both. Alfie was amazing on GOT and we haven't seen a pimp yet. Isabella coming back and apparently making up with Charlotte instantly makes her season 2 arc seem more meaningful since she wasn't just the big star guest. I'd be fine with Charlotte/Isabella as endgame if they can keep Liv: both characters have reasons to value their freedom so they could be happy together without always needing to be together.

Lucy's plot is apparently with the new mother/son duo. I thought they would be rich foreigners, but the way they're showing her off on the horse almost makes it seem like the mother is yet another bawd that Lucy has made a deal with.

One of Harriet's new girls is a regular cast member, but I have no idea what Harriet's plot might be beyond showing us that her house is now big enough that she can wear a wig.

A description says that Quigley plots from Bedlam, but with all the new stuff her house must have a somewhat reduced role. I saw Cherry in a great wig, glad she's still around. I'm not glad that Mrs. May is returning because she was just vile, but of course she'll want revenge for Lydia.

Alfie's brother is Emily's love interest so we'll see their inn from her perspective. No sign of the Scanwell plot characters yet.

William arranging fancy fights is a good development, and I'm happy that Fanny is still in the house.

Oh damn.  Looks like Golden Square didn't last long under the hapless proprietorship of idiot Charles.  I'm glad the twisted incest mess of Isabella and the Marquis wasn't just a one-off.  You kind of need London society and at least a few familiar faces there to tie into the would-be courtesan lifestyle the show's been selling.  And are we getting a molly house?  In addition to just being as inclusive as hell, it makes all the sense in the world that that would also be part of their world.

This just looks amazing.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I couldn't believe when Charles showed up as a nuclear power plant worker on "Chernobyl." 

Douggie can not catch a break.

I saw him too! (I guess it’s not much spoiler to say it didn’t go well for him.) 

And now I can’t remember what happened to Charles. 

On 5/15/2019 at 11:54 AM, HazelEyes4325 said:

I would think that, at the very least, they'd have to close out her story line.  However, I enjoyed Lady Fitz far more than I had expected when I heard Liv Tyler was joining the cast, so I'd be happy with more of her!

I did too and would like to see her again. 

This show is so great, it sucks that it debuted around the same time as The Handmaidens Tale, which got all the press and publicity. I would say this show has been way more consistently good, and deserves more love!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 6/13/2019 at 4:06 PM, kieyra said:

Yeah, I’m not sure enough people realize how fantastic this show is, or that it exists. 

I'd never heard of it until I got Hulu last week to finally watch Handmaids Tale. I LOVE this show! I'm on episode 5 of the second season and it just gets better and better. So glad there is a forum for it and too bad more people haven't gotten into it.

I cracked up to see the actress who plays Sister Hilda on Call the Midwife , Fenella Woolgar, playing the pervy wife of a pervy nobleman.

Looking forward to season 3!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I'd never heard of it until I got Hulu last week to finally watch Handmaids Tale. I LOVE this show! I'm on episode 5 of the second season and it just gets better and better. So glad there is a forum for it and too bad more people haven't gotten into it.

I cracked up to see the actress who plays Sister Hilda on Call the Midwife , Fenella Woolgar, playing the pervy wife of a pervy nobleman.

Funnily enough, I was randomly rewatching a middle season of Call the Midwife last night and spotted Miss Emily Lacey ... also playing a prostitute. 🙂 I’m pretty sure Fanny was also in a recent season of CTM.

4 hours ago, kieyra said:

Funnily enough, I was randomly rewatching a middle season of Call the Midwife last night and spotted Miss Emily Lacey ... also playing a prostitute. 🙂 I’m pretty sure Fanny was also in a recent season of CTM.

Both Browyn James (Fanny) and Jordon Stevens (Amelia) had guest spots on CTM this past season, and I believe Fenella Woolgar (Lady Repton) is a regular now on that show.

The woman who plays Mrs. Scanwell was Jane on CTM. From Nonnatus House to the bawdy house😂 Yes, Fenella Woolgar is Sister Hilda.

I'm watching the last episode of season 2 right now. Can't wait for July and season 3!

1 hour ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

It's always interesting--and a little jarring--to see the same actors appear on both Harlots and Call the Midwife as both shows are set in the same place in London, but separated by a couple of centuries!  

I really believe there's a whole ongoing UK 'period drama' industry where a lot of people must know each other. You see a lot of overlap.

Also with Game of Thrones and something like Gentleman Jack on HBO. 

• Love 1
On 6/19/2019 at 3:00 PM, lovesnark said:

Yup. Hulu: get it for Handmaids, keep it for Harlots. It’s 1000% better (especially now). 

• Love 5

I pretty much got hulu for this. I haven't started watching yet. I just need to know... is this a show that's going to make me crazy with cliffhangers? Can I watch it at my own pace or are there enough cliffhangers that I'll be compelled to binge-watch? I just want to plan out my viewing schedule in anticipation of season 3. 

I think you can watch at your own pace. There are a few cliffhanger-y things, but it don’t remember thinking it was crazy or anything. I did tend to blow through them fairly fast, but I think that was the quality more than anything. Even then, I think I watched a few at a time & it didn’t keep me up at night or anything. 

9 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I pretty much got hulu for this. I haven't started watching yet. I just need to know... is this a show that's going to make me crazy with cliffhangers? Can I watch it at my own pace or are there enough cliffhangers that I'll be compelled to binge-watch? I just want to plan out my viewing schedule in anticipation of season 3. 

It's definitely binge-y, but just because it's an enjoyable watch, not because they leave huge OMG plot threads dangling at the end of each episode. (IIRC.) There may be a few 'are they dead/are they alive' cliffhangers but not many.

• Love 2
Just now, heckkitty said:

The other one is old, I think? I thought it was archived somewhere since the cleanup. Need a mod to know for sure, but I’m guessing you found the archive. 

No, that was yet another one. Take a look at the link. It’s ongoing as far as I can see. 

Hmm, seems this link was maybe merged into that forum, as a separate topic? Not sure why there would be an “all episodes” thread if there are separate episode threads. Maybe all shows have that? Anyway, sorry to cause any confusion if that’s the case. 

3 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

Yeah it looks active but I think it’s not supposed to be? I dunno. How did you get to it?

Someone mentioned it in another show forum.

Hello all!  Sorry for the confusion about the links.  Primetimer has gone back to forums, instead of individual threads, for most shows.  The original forum for this show was brought back to life and the individual thread (this one) was put into into.  We've locked this thread, so please continue to discuss the show in the episode and other threads.  Thanks!