Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That was so smart the way they did that.  All the different acting in each scenario was so good.

It reminds me of how Martin and Frasier trick Niles into thinking that Daphne's mother is dying when she's actually engaged to Donny, but that one isn't as fun!

There's another one too, when Roz is pregnant but somehow Niles believes that Frasier knocked up Daphne and is not going to help take care of the baby 😄

They were very good at doing that.

• Love 4

I rewatched most of the Christmas episodes last week to try and get in the Christmas season. Except for the first one. Freddy is so cute in Frasier Grinch, I love that Martin was right and got "Frasier" the toy and the batteries for it. 

I thought that little kid did a great job considering he had a tone of lines. I wonder why they replaced him in later episodes?

Of course entirety of Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz. How they came up with that I don't know but I'm so glad they did. Finding a Christmas tree and Jesus in the bathroom? Gold.

DHP or Eric Stoltz? You decide.

image.png.e783069a1e377eec65286a8b5dcee57b.png

image.png.d61efd55e6743533c7fd7c3caaca84c9.png

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Frasier is so annoying in "Room Full of Heroes".  The episode where he tells everyone to dress in costume as their hero.

He craps on everyone's costume choices (except Martin's):  First Daphne (Elton John), then Roz (Wonder Woman), then Niles (Martin Crane).  THEY FOLLOWED YOUR STUPID PARTY DIRECTIONS.  He's not happy with ANY of their choices.  God, what a party pooper!  About his own party!  And then he has the nerve to be surprised that people cancelled on him (Kenny, Gil).  As if he would be happy with whoever they chose for their costumes!  Doubtful!

Also, I put on some random Season 9 episode that I never watch - 923 - The Guilt Trippers, and I couldn't believe it -- Roz and Frasier slept together.  WHaaaaaaaaaaaaat?  I totally forgot that that happened.  Ick!  And then he goes to visit Roz's family and it's so bizarre.  He meets Roz's sister, who he's definitely met before, and he pretends to be Roger the whole time.  The continuity is so bad.   There was an early episode where Frasier's date cancelled and Roz's sister pretended to be his date for him!  And she was even played by the exact same actor.  Obviously, she would remember who Frasier is from that date.

Obviously Roz's family, especially her mother, would know who Frasier is and what he looks like.  How would they not know, because his face is all over the ads and that's Roz's boss!!  But I don't think her mother even appeared in this episode, which also makes no sense (I don't know, I was half asleep).  All in all, just sooooooooooo bizarre.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Roz and Frasier slept together.  WHaaaaaaaaaaaaat?  I totally forgot that that happened.  Ick! 

Of all the things later season Frasier did that I dislike this tops the list.  In my world This Never Happened.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

He meets Roz's sister, who he's definitely met before, and he pretends to be Roger the whole time.  The continuity is so bad.   There was an early episode where Frasier's date cancelled and Roz's sister pretended to be his date for him!

No, that happened later. In the last season at the SeaBee Awards.

• Love 5

Seasons 8-10:

There are so many obstacles to Daphne and Niles simply having a happy marriage together.  When they finally get over the Mel and Donny bumps, the writers enter Gertrude Moon into the picture over and over again.  The Moon family just keeps visiting and being terrible to everyone.  It's awful.

I don't understand the insistence on focusing on some of these outside characters.  Kenny?  Kirby?  John Hannah? I have to admit I laughed at a couple of Kirby jokes lol.  But Kenny's life is soooooooo not interesting.

Okay I just saw Fraternal Schwinns - that was a good episode.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

I hated Daphne's family. Kenny was boring but I liked Kirby's episodes. The Teen Scene episode is classic. And John Hannah is always welcome on my screen. 

Long-lived shows always have a challenge keeping things fresh. Frasier had its share of hits and misses.

• Love 5

Kenny on the Couch:

The show always pushes forward that Frasier and Niles (and Martin) care so much about their ethics.

But Frasier takes Kenny - HIS BOSS - on as a psychiatric patient.  He treats him twice a week, and doesn't even charge him.  Isn't this just a bad conflict of interest?  Isn't it bad for being a psychiatrist, and isn't it just bad to have your own boss as a patient?  This could have gone wrong in so many ways!

Also, I totally forgot Alan Cumming was on the show.  I'm a big fan of his.  It's cute to hear him doing an American accent.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

So, I have been thinking of the quote, "You said you couldn't handle it, and by God, you were right," but I cannot remember where it's from. Is it a Frasier episode? I feel like it is, but I can't place it.

• Useful 2
33 minutes ago, jird said:

So, I have been thinking of the quote, "You said you couldn't handle it, and by God, you were right," but I cannot remember where it's from. Is it a Frasier episode? I feel like it is, but I can't place it.

I googled it, it’s from the episode ‘Adventures in Paradise, Part 2’

Madeline: You know what might be better? If I tell you how I've got it worked out. The minute you saw Lilith, you wanted to leave, but I wouldn't let you. You said you couldn't handle it, and by God, you were right. You panicked, and your panic took a bad turn. A spectacularly bad turn. Anyway, that's how I've got it worked out in my head, and it's fragile, so let's not mess with it. So, why don't you mix up a pitcher of Mai-Tai's and give me a kiss? I'll let you guess which I want first.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I googled it, it’s from the episode ‘Adventures in Paradise, Part 2’

Thank you! I Googled it and came up with nothing, so I appreciate your help!

• Love 3

I was watching some British show on BritBox the other night and one of the actors was Derek Jacobi.  He played Jackson Hedley on the episode "The Show Must Go On" which is one of my favorites.  He, of course was excellent in the British show but all I could think about was how he'd take those long, noisy, gasping breaths before saying his lines as Jackson Hedley.  He really was a wonderful actor to be able to play that part so well on Frasier. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Edward Gibbert (Gil) has a pretty big role in "The Paper" , a 1994 movie I really like.

That is one of my favorite movies.  Ron Howard directed it.  Everyone in that cast was perfect in their roles.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I was watching Jeopardy and they mentioned the sculptor Balzac and that got me thinking about Niles line about Maris(or was it a friend of hers?) that developed a facial tic whenever she had to say the name Balzac....

• LOL 5

Speaking of shows and things connected to "Frasier", the most recent episode of the U.S. version of "Ghosts" gave that show a shoutout - the owners of the house were trying to help a couple of the ghosts get some therapy (long story), and one of the ghosts, Thor, said he learned a lot about therapy by watching "Frasier" :D. He also talked about how funny Niles was, being so fussy with his coffee and everything. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 9

The show "Single Parents" was a cute sitcom that only lasted 2 seasons I think, but the Millennial characters talked about how they relaxed or fell asleep to watching "Frasier".  That was one of the most validating things I have ever seen on a show.

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 11.08.00 PM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

There apparently is a community out there - I want to say it's a subreddit on the Reddit forums, too, but I'm not sure - of people who talk about falling asleep to "Frasier" :D. I totally get where it'd be easy to do that. "Frasier" is a very relaxing, soothing show. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

There apparently is a community out there - I want to say it's a subreddit on the Reddit forums, too, but I'm not sure - of people who talk about falling asleep to "Frasier" :D. I totally get where it'd be easy to do that. "Frasier" is a very relaxing, soothing show. 

I always say this.  I always make the same joke, that those taupe/brown/beige/khaki tones immediately send me to sleep.  😄😄. It's a show about a man and his brother just constantly going for coffee and discussing their day.  It's sooooo relaxing. 

• Love 4

Exactly. There's not really much in the way of high stakes drama, Frasier's voice when talking to his callers is (generally) very soothing, it's full of light, breezy humor. Even the opening theme with the animated images is light and simple. And depending on how often you've seen the episodes, you pretty much know how they'll play out and what happens next, so you don't have to worry about paying close attention in case you miss something in the storylines or whatever. It's just a good, comforting background thing to have on :). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Exactly. There's not really much in the way of high stakes drama, Frasier's voice when talking to his callers is (generally) very soothing, it's full of light, breezy humor. Even the opening theme with the animated images is light and simple. And depending on how often you've seen the episodes, you pretty much know how they'll play out and what happens next, so you don't have to worry about paying close attention in case you miss something in the storylines or whatever. It's just a good, comforting background thing to have on :). 

That's so true.  Everyone's voice on the show is very soothing - except for Daphne's. 😄 And the jazzy tone that opens the show is going to immediately give us a relaxing response.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Speaking of shows and things connected to "Frasier", the most recent episode of the U.S. version of "Ghosts" gave that show a shoutout - the owners of the house were trying to help a couple of the ghosts get some therapy (long story), and one of the ghosts, Thor, said he learned a lot about therapy by watching "Frasier" :D. He also talked about how funny Niles was, being so fussy with his coffee and everything. 

I was already completely in love with Thor and this episode really cinched it. 

I highly recommend Ghosts if you're not already watching it.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

We probably talked about this already but do they show Frasier on HBO Max?  They have all the episodes on Canada's equivalent, "Crave", which makes things incredibly convenient.

It's not on HBO Max, but it is on Hulu, Peacock, and Paramount+.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

It's on Amazon Prime in the US.

It was on Prime, but it doesn't look like it is right now. The only options it shows there for me are to buy it or watch it on the Paramount+ add-on.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

It's on Amazon Prime in the US.

Looks like I'll be signing up for HBO Max because I want to see the Julia Child bio. David Hyde Pierce is playing Julia's husband Paul.

Bebe Neuwirth is in it too.

Julia (2022 TV series)

Julia is an upcoming American television series created by Daniel Goldfarb that is set to premiere on HBO Max on March 31, 2022. It is based on the life of television chef Julia Child.

Cast[edit]

Sarah Lancashire as Julia Child

David Hyde Pierce as Paul Cushing Child

Brittany Bradford as Alice

Bebe Neuwirth as Avis

Isabella Rossellini as Simone Beck

Robert Joy as Hunter Fox

Erin Neufer as Marian Morash

James Cromwell as John McWilliams

Adriane Lenox as Virginia Naman

Fran Kranz

Fiona Glascott

Jefferson Mays

Judith Light as Blanche Knopf

Christian Clemenson as James Beard

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

I'm really annoyed.  Frasier plays on a station local to me (I think CMT) anyway they just circled around to the first episode so I set my PVR and was looking forward to watching the whole series in sequence.  I should have known better. 

I do not understand why so many channels do this with sitcoms but what they are doing is showing say 2 episodes from season one and then 2 episodes from season -no idea but NOT season one.  

I've cancelled my recording of it.  Maybe some shows it doesn't really matter which episode you watch but for Frasier it really does.  

Edited by SusanM
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Nellise said:

It was on Prime, but it doesn't look like it is right now. The only options it shows there for me are to buy it or watch it on the Paramount+ add-on.

I can still watch it on Amazon Prime. without buying or renting it.  I live in North Carolina.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, shlbycindyk said:

I can still watch it on Amazon Prime. without buying or renting it.  I live in North Carolina.

Do you have Paramount+? Because it’s free for people who have that. Otherwise, no.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, shlbycindyk said:

I do but I watched it on Amazon last week.  I also have an Amazon Prime membership.

That’s what I’m saying. If you have Paramount+, you can watch Frasier on Amazon for free. But not if you don’t have it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SusanM said:

I'm really annoyed.  Frasier plays on a station local to me (I think CMT) anyway they just circled around to the first episode so I set my PVR and was looking forward to watching the whole series in sequence.  I should have known better. 

I do not understand why so many channels do this with sitcoms but what they are doing is showing say 2 episodes from season one and then 2 episodes from season -no idea but NOT season one.  

I've cancelled my recording of it.  Maybe some shows it doesn't really matter which episode you watch but for Frasier it really does.  

I don't know either but I wish they would just air them in order. 

• Love 1