Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

And now let us praise “Room Service”, which would feature the series’ most shocking plot twist (Niles & Lilith sleep together!!) until years later (a zonked-out Frasier tells Daphne about Niles!!).  

From the room service waiter, who was a stone-faced hoot (“Ooookay”) to Niles babbling about how “Things like this happen every day…in Arkansas!”, to Frasier’s reaction to the aftermath of The Reveal (“The three of us have certainly analyzed the crap out of this!”)

Bouquets all ‘round.  Bebe Neuwirth proved again that she was the best of the Cheers guest stars.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I love that poor, confused waiter so much :D. His reaction to everything that unfolds is just pure gold. 

And yes, I love how Frasier, Lilith, and Niles each have their own theories about why Niles and Lilith slept together as they did. Niles coming in with the superego/ids stuff...god XD. 

2 hours ago, voiceover said:

Bebe Neuwirth proved again that she was the best of the Cheers guest stars.

"It's ironic, isn't it? No sooner do I get the closet of my dreams than my husband comes out of it." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

"Food? In the bathroom?" 

My mom passed away this week and back when she could watch COZI, she watched Frasier every night. Then, she would call me up and recite ALL of the dialogue from that episode. Room Service was written by Ken Levine and David Isaacs and quite possibly their best work...

I hope comedy writers know how much we love them and how much their material enriches our lives...

• Hugs 7
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

"Food? In the bathroom?" 

My mom passed away this week and back when she could watch COZI, she watched Frasier every night. Then, she would call me up and recite ALL of the dialogue from that episode. Room Service was written by Ken Levine and David Isaacs and quite possibly their best work...

I hope comedy writers know how much we love them and how much their material enriches our lives...

I am sorry for your loss. My mom had dementia, but she enjoyed watching old sitcoms, too (MeTV), and it was good to have something comforting for her. 

• Love 6

Condolences, @stonehaven. I know the cast has talked before about how they've heard fans tell them how much comfort the show's brought them during tough times, so if the cast knows that, I would also hope and imagine that means the writers know, too :). I'm glad you have those memories to cherish. 

"Frasier" does seem to be a show for family members to bond over - my mom and I watch it all the time and quote lines to each other, and we also used to watch it with my dad. There's episodes I watch where I can still picture and hear my dad's laughter at certain scenes or lines. 

• Love 8

"Dial M for Martin", one of my favourites,

I think when I was a kid, I'm not sure if I saw what Martin was purposefully doing when he said:

"Well I guess I'll find an apartment. It can't be too small though, I'll need enough room for Daphne."

But now that I'm an adult I can totally see it 😄

I also finally saw "Dial M for Murder" by Alfred Hitchcock, and well, I still prefer this episode of Frasier to the film inspiration.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

"Dial M for Martin", one of my favourites,

I think when I was a kid, I'm not sure if I saw what Martin was purposefully doing when he said:

"Well I guess I'll find an apartment. It can't be too small though, I'll need enough room for Daphne."

But now that I'm an adult I can totally see it 😄

I also finally saw "Dial M for Murder" by Alfred Hitchcock, and well, I still prefer this episode of Frasier to the film inspiration.

Ha, yeah, Martin's definitely got a sneaky side , for sure :D. Putting those detective skills of his to use in other ways. 

I've not seen that movie, but I want to. Both to enhance my viewing of this episode and just 'cause, well, I know it's a notable film in its own right. Plus, your take on which is better has me curious to see if I feel the same way :D. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I've not seen that movie, but I want to. Both to enhance my viewing of this episode and just 'cause, well, I know it's a notable film in its own right. Plus, your take on which is better has me curious to see if I feel the same way :D. 

Grace Kelly is really pretty but ehhhhhhh. I've seen a bunch of Hitchcocks and this is just average for me, I like others better. It's fine though. Not one of my favourites. 

Laura Harring, the actor who plays Frasier's underwear model, is most famous for starring in "Mulholland Drive". Now THAT'S one of my favourite movies! 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Ha, yeah, Martin's definitely got a sneaky side , for sure :D. Putting those detective skills of his to use in other ways. 

Like Travels with Martin, when they’re trying to sneak Daphne back across the border and no one can keep their shit together, Martin jumps in and pretends not having a rabies certificate for Eddie was their big secret.

He whips out his wallet, allegedly to show a pic of Eddie in the States, but really it was to flash his police badge at the customs officer, who then lets them go.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

@Ms Blue Jay That's another fun part of the show, seeing the list of famous people who called into the show. I love the "wink wink" factor of Mary Tyler Moore's appearance in that episode, as a woman trying to get up the nerve to ask her boss for a raise :D. 

OMG, that was Mary Tyler Moore? I never guessed that, but that is hilarious. I'm going to have to rewatch to listen for her voice.

I did recognize some other voices, like Mary Steenburgen as the woman afraid of heights who went to the restaurant at the top of the space needle.

• Love 3
On 9/17/2022 at 8:43 AM, stonehaven said:

"Food? In the bathroom?" 

I'm so sorry for your loss.

8 hours ago, Annber03 said:

@Ms Blue Jay That's another fun part of the show, seeing the list of famous people who called into the show. I love the "wink wink" factor of Mary Tyler Moore's appearance in that episode, as a woman trying to get up the nerve to ask her boss for a raise :D. 

I love that they were able to do that. The calls are one of my favorite parts of the show. My favorite is the guy who thinks his radio is talking to him. And Reba's call about her husband's late wife's urn in their bedroom followed by the crash and she suddenly needs to do some vacuuming. Also the woman who hits the floor every time her in-laws drop by as does her husband. 

• Love 3

Another Martin being sneaky moment:

In "My Coffee with Niles", the barista tells Martin that dogs are not allowed in the shop and he pretends to be blind.   And he keeps it up for the entire visit.  LOL.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

John Lithgow's voice was pretty recognizable, too, at least to me - he was the car salesman who kept trying to basically sneak in an ad for his business in the guise of a call to the show :p. 

And then there was Ron Howard, who played a caller that believed people were talking to him through the radio :D. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, raven said:

The only voice I ever recognized was Matthew Broderick in "She's The Boss", when Frasier and Roz have to do the overnight show.

"The camera me is doing things I don't approve of" 😅

looooooooooooool that's such a funny part and I don't remember if I knew that was Matthew!

I'm sure I only recognized a handful of voices, like Rosie Perez!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

looooooooooooool that's such a funny part and I don't remember if I knew that was Matthew!

I'm sure I only recognized a handful of voices, like Rosie Perez!

I didn't know that was Matthew until now! I recognized John Cusack as the first-year psychology student, and Gary Sinise as the guy who can't talk on the phone without a written script.

• Love 3

What's so funny with everyone talking about the guest callers, no matter how many times I watch the episodes over again, I still don't remember who certain callers were! Unless it's a really distinctive voice to me (like Reba or Rosie) then I'll get to the credits and be surprised. It's funny to me but is one of the many things that makes me continue to love the show!

Edited by msani19
  • Love 5

I consider myself really good at recognizing voices - I always know when it's a celebrity voice on a commercial (It's always Will Arnett).  But something about how the voices get really muffled and the poor sound quality of the calls on Frasier, I never recognize them.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
On 9/8/2022 at 12:23 AM, Annber03 said:

I honestly don't know that there are any episodes I flat out refuse to watch. There's some that aren't top favorites of mine, but I can't think of any I flat out refuse to watch because of x reason or whatever. Because even in the ones that aren't my favorites, there's still usually something about the episode I enjoy, even if it's just a scene or two or whatever. I think the closest example I could think of to answer this question would be that "Slow Tango in South Seattle" episode, mainly 'cause the storyline with Frasier and his piano teacher would play VERY differently today, so, yeah. 

Oh my god, I tried to watch this one again.  All of Seattle is going crazy over this book which is about an ADULT PIANO TEACHER WHO TAKES ADVANTAGE OF AND SLEEPS WITH HER 16 YEAR OLD STUDENT!

The 90s were so gross, lol what were people thinking!  This is horrible!  I had to turn it off, I couldn't take all the women being so horny and titillated over this book!  

• Fire 1
  • Love 3

It was Bulldog who said sixteen, I guess, my error, but Frasier still sounds very young:

Bulldog: Anything for you? I've still got some feeling on the other side of my head. [Frasier shakes his head] I had a similar experience when I was sixteen, with an older woman who introduced me to the mysteries of love. Of course, she was a hooker. [Roz looks shocked] Hey, it was a birthday present from my dad, okay? You wanna know the ironic thing, doc? All I wanted was a bike!

Frasier: [v.o:] "He had been a teenage Balboa, an explorer of the rising pinnacles and gently curving slopes of my body.

Daphne: It's not like it's a secret, it's all right there in black and white. About your awkward teenage lunging and how you used to call your chest hair your "Rug of Love."

Martin: Boy, this really fries me. You know, that woman taking advantage of our kid. Not to mention I was putting out ten bucks a week for piano lessons so you could get your hedge trimmed!

• Love 3

Yeah, there was definitely an implication that he wasn't quite of legal age yet. I could see the author taking the character that was based on Frasier and bumping up his age a bit, though - he'd already been taking some creative license as it was, judging from Frasier's comments about the story, so...

9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The 90s were so gross, lol what were people thinking!  This is horrible!  I had to turn it off, I couldn't take all the women being so horny and titillated over this book!  

I think they probably would've swooned over the book no matter what the ages of the couple involved, just 'cause hey, sexy scenes :p. That, and the author came off seeming like a sensitive soul - Roz seemed pretty charmed by that aspect of him. But yeah, it is strange that none of them seemed to raise a brow at the age issue, at the very least.

Though, then again, lord knows women have read and enjoyed stories about many problematic fictional relationships over the centuries, so... 

• Love 2

In many US states (I didn't check Washington) the age of sexual consent it 17. A few it's 16. I agree it's wildly inappropriate for a teacher and student, and there are power issues even with the piano teacher, but it isn't necessarily illegal.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I’ve been rewatching the episodes where Niles and Daphne get together after dumping their respective partners. They really don’t come off well, even though the show goes to pains to make the dumpees seem like the villains. Busybody Frasier doesn’t come off well either. I find these episodes unpleasant.

• Love 1
On 9/24/2022 at 9:20 AM, Egg McMuffin said:

I’ve been rewatching the episodes where Niles and Daphne get together after dumping their respective partners. They really don’t come off well, even though the show goes to pains to make the dumpees seem like the villains. Busybody Frasier doesn’t come off well either. I find these episodes unpleasant.

I totally understand this sentiment, but I have to admit I do like this group of episodes.  

• Love 1

Husband looked at the time left on the dryer (he thought it was done) and said "Twenty minutes?" and of course I patted his arm soothingly and said, "Yes honey, twenty minutes."

My Frasier humor is wasted on him

• LOL 6

I felt bad for Donny.  I thought the show could have done better by him.  Mel was always conniving, and interested in transforming Niles into a more ambitious person.  Donny was a good person to Daphne.  They had a chance at giving him his own happy ending when they showed him getting married at the court house a little while later, but they messed that up when they came back later and he was divorced.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, MisterGlass said:

Donny was a good person to Daphne. 

I liked Donny and Daphne together.  I know it's not popular, but I wasn't a fan of the Daphne/Niles pairing and unfortunately the show didn't know what to do with her after they got married.  I know if Donny and Daphne had gotten married, she wouldn't be living with Frasier any longer, so the show wouldn't go through with it.  It's an issue with a show with that kind of longevity - Daphne couldn't live with the Cranes forever, the show was clear that she wanted a partner and family of her own, so if they wanted to show growth they had to move her out and then what would they do, etc.  At least if she were married to Niles, she would be in the show more - either at Frasier's or at home with Niles; so Niles it is.

It just felt to me that Donny/Daphne actually grew together as a couple, whereas with Niles, it was more like "Niles loves you!" "Oh, ok, I love Niles then!" .  Yes,  I know it was a bit more than that, it's just how it felt to me.  The show was clear that Niles was still hung up on Daphne even while married to Mel but to me at least, Daphne seemed to love Donny up until her wedding day. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, raven said:

I liked Donny and Daphne together.  I know it's not popular, but I wasn't a fan of the Daphne/Niles pairing and unfortunately the show didn't know what to do with her after they got married.  I know if Donny and Daphne had gotten married, she wouldn't be living with Frasier any longer, so the show wouldn't go through with it.  It's an issue with a show with that kind of longevity - Daphne couldn't live with the Cranes forever, the show was clear that she wanted a partner and family of her own, so if they wanted to show growth they had to move her out and then what would they do, etc.  At least if she were married to Niles, she would be in the show more - either at Frasier's or at home with Niles; so Niles it is.

It just felt to me that Donny/Daphne actually grew together as a couple, whereas with Niles, it was more like "Niles loves you!" "Oh, ok, I love Niles then!" .  Yes,  I know it was a bit more than that, it's just how it felt to me.  The show was clear that Niles was still hung up on Daphne even while married to Mel but to me at least, Daphne seemed to love Donny up until her wedding day. 

I liked Daphne and Donny too. I thought they were a good fit and seem to have fun together. Niles and Daphne didn't really have anything in common. He didn't like her interests and she didn't like his interests. I liked Niles and Mel together too. They had similar quirks and dislike of germs. I didn't think Mel was dominating or like Maris as Frasier thought. When Frasier was up for the wine something she asks Niles why he wasn't going for it since it seemed like it was something he'd be interested in but he hadn't even thought of it. It felt like she was building Niles up or getting him to go after something he wants. I really though we they would be couples for good or for a long while. I didn't see Niles and Daphne coming. I stopped being a fan of them because there were so many moments of Niles being creepy towards her. Showing up to ruin it when Frasier was setting her up with his new station manager or owner, recording her while she was sleeping, repeatedly saying Joe's name when she was upset over their break up just so he could hold her. I'm not sure when Daphne falls for Niles either. It really comes off like she finds out he loves her and suddenly she's in love with him. There was no development between Frasier telling her and her telling Frasier that she has feelings for Niles. While I still don't like the pair I'm still horrified they decided to put them together on Daphne's wedding day and three days after Niles got married. I don't care how bad they tried to make Mel and Donny that was a horrible thing to do and I still feel bad for them. Their fans deserved better then that.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Mel always seems to have her fans, but boy, I am not one of them. And it's not because I need Daphne and Niles together because I don't care. I just don't like her.

I guess Donny is marginally better. But I hate his introduction episode. They present him as this unprofessional, crass, gross lawyer who meets his clients half naked from the gym and eating too I think? Ugh I get the shivers just thinking about it. At least he treated Daphne well, but didn't he treat his next love interest terribly because he was so hung up on Daphne?

• Useful 1

I didn't mind Donny, either, myself - I got why Daphne would like him, because he was fun and romantic and good at his job and all that sort of thing. And his proposal speech to her was genuinely lovely and sweet. 

But even if Niles weren't in the picture, or even if Daphne didn't know about his feelings for her, I don't know that they would've lasted very long. There was that Valentine's episode shortly before the Donny storyline where she was lamenting being single, so I can see her relationship with Donny being partially because he's the first guy in some time with whom she's had a serious relationship. And she's made comments before about her mom nagging her about not being married and giving her grandkids by a certain age. So maybe she stayed with Donny because she felt time ticking away, as it were, and because she felt kind of lonely. 

And in a way, that's kind of ironic, because there's also the fact that Donny had a tendency to kind of rush into relationships and I can see Daphne being a bit spooked about that, especially with her commitment issues. Like, she may have been ready to settle down, but the way Donny went about it, and them rushing into their engagement, probably left her pretty conflicted. Then here comes the reveal about Niles and that just adds to the chaos.

(And for me, I don't find Daphne's interest in Niles so abrupt - I think there were hints of her showing some interest in him in prior seasons, and there's also the thing I've heard about how Leeves tended to play Daphne as though she sensed Niles' feelings for her on some level, but just didn't want to let her mind go there for a whole host of reasons. And I think that explanation makes a lot of sense, and makes the whole thing of her feelings for him growing stronger all the more interesting. But I also love NIiles/Daphne and always have, so, y'know, I may be a wee bit biased there :p. Feel free to take my thoughts on that part of things with a grain of salt, LOL.) 

As for Mel, I didn't hate her, but again, I can definitely see where she and Niles would've run into a lot of issues, again, whether Daphne and his feelings for her were in the picture or not. She cared way too much about appearances and what others thought, which is something Niles needed to move away from, she was snobby...she pretty much embodied all the traits of Maris and others in Niles' snooty circle had and which often made Niles' life way more stressful than it needed to be. 

All of that being said, however, like I said, I don't hate her, and that's because I do think she was an interesting character in her own right. And I did like the moments of genuine vulnerability we did get to see with her - I feel like her profession said a lot about her, I like her interaction with Niles at the pre-wedding dinner in "Something Borrowed, Someone Blue", and it's impossible not to feel for her when she tells Niles about their honeymoon plans in case anyone asks, and when he comments on how nice the trip sounds, she says, "It's not my fault we're not going." You can see and hear the genuine hurt and pain she's feeling at that moment, and I really appreciate that the show let her have that. 

I do agree that I might've handled the aftermath of Niles and Daphne running off together a little differently than the show did, and I would've liked to see more of that genuine sympathy and guilt and whatnot from all involved in the fallout. And yes, much as I love Niles and Daphne getting together, I definitely get why the way it happened rubs people the wrong way. 

But there is some interesting stuff in the aftermath all the same, and the idea that Niles and Daphne just up and took off together is interesting to me in and of itself for a lot of reasons. It's absolutely not an ideal way to respond to such a situation, no, and if this were real life I'd definitely feel a lot more strongly about it. 

Still, just the idea that this is how they dealt with the pressure and fear and attraction and whatnot they were dealing with, I dunno, it's an interesting way to go for me. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I don't find Daphne's interest in Niles so abrupt - I think there were hints of her showing some interest in him in prior seasons, and there's also the thing I've heard about how Leeves tended to play Daphne as though she sensed Niles' feelings for her on some level, but just didn't want to let her mind go there for a whole host of reasons.

That’s how I always saw it. Daphne had Niles in the Married Man Friend Zone for so long, she hadn’t really thought about him any other way. Finding out he felt differently all these years caused her to go back and rethink every personal interaction they ever had, most notably that dance scene.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

I found Mel sympathetic only because the actress did really well with the role; however, Mel was not a suitable partner for Niles. People cite the cork master episode but the Christmas party episode was more worrying about their relationship. When Niles lied to her about his whereabouts, she was almost unhinged:

Niles : Mel...

Dr. Mel Karnofsky : Niles, please, we're at a party.

Niles : All right, you're right, we'll talk about it later.

Dr. Mel Karnofsky : No, no, we'll talk about it now. Just put on your party face.

[they both stick on fake grins] 

Dr. Mel Karnofsky : Don't embarrass me - as if I could be further embarrassed after you lied to me last night.

Niles : I can explain...

Dr. Mel Karnofsky : Oh, no, no, no, you don't need to. When a man lies about where he's been, it's not hard to guess the reason. So what's the little whore's name?

This was happening at his brother's Christmas party with people that Niles also knew professionally. This was early on their relationship and she was very jealous and rude. Daphne had her own jealousy issues with Niles later on, but they had been together longer by that time. It's actually a bit funny because Niles seems to evoke jealousy in a lot of his partners lol

As for Donnie, I found him well meaning but uncouth from the start. He basically love bombed Daphne. I didn't like his constant surprises. I could see how Roz and Daphne liked him a lot but Donnie's goal was to always find an attractive wife to have kids with. He seemed too impulsive and not suitable for Daphne in the long term.

• Love 4

Frasier reboot officially green lighted as series by Paramount +.  No official estimate of when it will premier.  However, it was announced or more like teased at the launch event of Paramount + in February of 2021 and they're now just officially confirming, some 20 months later.

None of the original cast will be regulars except Frasier.  The other original cast members may make occasional guest appearances but the regular cast will be new characters, as Frasier moves to a new city.

Sounds like they may have some outlines for a season but not even drafts of scripts.

The creative team will be completely different.  It's on another network, another production company, different producers.

The new incarnation of Frasier comes from writers Chris Harris (How I Met Your Mother) and Joe Cristalli (Life In Pieces), who exec produce with Grammer, Tom Russo and Jordan McMahon. The series will be produced by CBS Studios in association with Grammer’s Grammnet NH Productions.

In July, Grammer confirmed in an interview that they were “in the final stages of the final script for the first episode” of the followup series, adding, “I’ve had a couple of runs through it, and I cried, so I’m happy.”

Frasier ran for 11 seasons between 1993 and 2004 on NBC. Created by the late David Angell, Peter Casey, and David Lee and produced by Grammer’s Grammnet Prods. and CBS Studios’ predecessor Paramount Network Television, Frasierstarred Grammer, David Hyde Pierce, Jane Leeves, Peri Gilpin, and the late John Mahoney.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/frasier-sequel-series-kelsey-grammer-series-greenlight-paramount-plus-1235134390/

So these new writers will have a high bar to meet.  Were they enthusiastic about the project or are they just hired guns who produced at least decent outlines?

• Useful 4

Some of the delay can likely be chalked up to COVID, given how long the idea's been kicking around. But yeah, I am a bit surprised that the thing's actually come to fruition at all. 

I'll check it out, 'cause I am curious to see what they do with the concept, and while I'm not expecting any of the original cast back full time, I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop in here and there and say hi, or at least get some updates on what's going on with them somehow. Plus, if this series is smart enough to surround Frasier with a new cast that's equally as talented, that'll help, too - it'd be neat to see what kinds of new characters we could meet as a result. 

But I do also understand people's reservations and concerns. Hopefully, though, the people involved in this will do their part to honor both the legacy of Frasier the character and the show as a whole. 

I'll say this, between this revival, the upcoming "Criminal Minds" revival, and the recently announced "Community" movie, my shows are having quite the comeback of late :p. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop in here and there and say hi, or at least get some updates on what's going on with them somehow.

I just hope they don't mess around too much with the way things ended for the characters on the original Frasier.  There should be adult, or close to adult children for Roz and for Niles and Daphne now,  I also hope Niles and Daphne are still together,  One of the central plot lines, stretched out over the whole series, was their romance.  If it all ended up leading to divorce I won't be a happy camper.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, aghst said:

None of the original cast will be regulars except Frasier.  The other original cast members may make occasional guest appearances but the regular cast will be new characters, as Frasier moves to a new city.

If he was in Boston for Cheers and Seattle for Frasier, then he should be in Chicago for the reboot because that's about halfway between.  Or someplace in TX, because then you could make like a triangle.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Read somewhere that the new show runners had used social media for awhile to pitch some one-liners in the Frasier vein with fans.

So it sounds like they're fans themselves?  Or they found a clever way to pitch themselves for a reboot, get ideas and come up with a plan that sold.

Or maybe they were informally chosen to try to come up with an outline and used social media to generate ideas.

Sounds like this was something Grammer pushed, as a vehicle mainly for himself and eventually, with the demand for content, you were going to see all kinds of reboots.

He may be the only connection to the original show and maybe they lean on him more than in the original, which was a good ensemble from the beginning, with good veteran performers like Mahoney.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I just hope they don't mess around too much with the way things ended for the characters on the original Frasier.  There should be adult, or close to adult children for Roz and for Niles and Daphne now,  I also hope Niles and Daphne are still together,  One of the central plot lines, stretched out over the whole series, was their romance.  If it all ended up leading to divorce I won't be a happy camper.

YES . I don't want the writers messing with them, either. They ended their time on the original series on a good, happy note. Let it stay that way. 

I would love to see what Alice, David, and whatever other kid(s) Niles and Daphne had are up to now, and how they're doing :). It'd be fun to see what the next generation of the Crane/Crane-adjacent clan are like. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

YES . I don't want the writers messing with them, either. They ended their time on the original series on a good, happy note. Let it stay that way. 

I would love to see what Alice, David, and whatever other kid(s) Niles and Daphne had are up to now, and how they're doing :). It'd be fun to see what the next generation of the Crane/Crane-adjacent clan are like. 

Frederick would be in his mid-twenties or even thirties, wouldn't he? Significantly older than his cousin(s).

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Frederick would be in his mid-twenties or even thirties, wouldn't he? Significantly older than his cousin(s).

If they stick with the timeline established in Cheers, Frederick was born in 1988.  Which, yikes, means he is a venerable 34!  Not all that much younger than Frasier and Niles were meant  to be when the series Frasier started!

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 4