Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E23: The End of the Word as We Know It

• Start Topic

WHAT was the point of that sex addict storyline? It feels like the writers are just biding their time until they can stick Donna and David back together, but they keep giving David these bizarrely serious romance storylines and then dropping them after five minutes. Wasn't it like 4 episodes ago that he was ready to marry that woman so she could get a green card? On the other hand, in this case, I guess it's better that they just dropped it rather than go through yet another "David struggles with dating someone who doesn't want to fuck him" storyline. 

Also, what is up with these writers and "woman raped by her father" storylines?? That's really not something you see on TV much, and they've done it twice now in one series. 

• Love 1

Gina writing slut on the mirror is one of my favorite scenes.  I hope she used Kelly's lipstick and not her own!

1 hour ago, atlanticslide said:

Also, what is up with these writers and "woman raped by her father" storylines?? That's really not something you see on TV much, and they've done it twice now in one series. 

I totally missed that if that was in this episode.  Who did that happen to?  The writers must have read a lot of VC Andrews books.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, meggonzo said:

I totally missed that if that was in this episode.  Who did that happen to?  The writers must have read a lot of VC Andrews books.

It's in one of the sound clips. When David tries to blame his sex-addict love interest for her bad taste in men, she says something like "I didn't choose my father."

Is that Shawn Christian in the visual aids as Donna's new himbo? People will know him from soaps, but to me he'll always be Shawn Christian of Star Search, Tremors 3, and that one episode of the American Coupling.

17 hours ago, Stowaway said:

It's in one of the sound clips. When David tries to blame his sex-addict love interest for her bad taste in men, she says something like "I didn't choose my father."

Is that Shawn Christian in the visual aids as Donna's new himbo? People will know him from soaps, but to me he'll always be Shawn Christian of Star Search, Tremors 3, and that one episode of the American Coupling.

I guess that shows how interested I was in that storyline...

Donna's himbo was also on Charmed. Piper briefly dated him, but they broke up because he "got a job down in Beverly Hills".

What the hell is a "criminal motion" that Matt is supposedly going to file? He's supposed to be a lawyer - just serve a fucking subpoena and get your documents or file a contempt motion in 20 days. Then it would be crystal-clear that burning daddy's papers was spoliation of evidence and sue his ass.

• Love 1
On 31/12/2018 at 1:31 PM, atlanticslide said:

Yeah what the hell. It is messed up.

Also another sex tape.

These writers...

3 minutes ago, Kerfuffler said:

Dylan's happy Kelly found someone that makes her happy? Kelly hasn't been happy since she succeeded in poaching Dylan from Brenda.

And even after she went behind her best friends back and got the guy, she still acted ungrateful ALL of the time. She was constantly complaining about Dylan not loving her enough and still loving Brenda. Well Kel, that's what happens when you go after someone who was in a serious relationship with your best friend for a couple of years. Either refrain from going after said guy or shut up about it already.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kerfuffler said:

Kelly hasn't been happy since she succeeded in poaching Dylan from Brenda.

I think she and Brandon were truly happy the end of S4 and until the fire in S5.  After that, she was miserable with Brandon, flirting with Dylan, and never really had a decent relationship you wanted to root for the rest of the series.  She was with Colin, then Mark, then back to Brandon, then on to Matt.  

Edited by Earmuffs Mom
grammar
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

I think she and Brandon were truly happy the end of S4 and until the fire in S5.  After that, she was miserable with Brandon, flirting with Dylan, and never really had a decent relationship you wanted to root for the rest of the series.  She was with Colin, then Mark, then back to Brandon, then on to Matt.  

I honestly thought she was most tolerable with Mark because it was more of a light relationship ( to her, That is .) she was insufferable with the rest of them except I agree with you that Brandon and Kelly were actually cute and in love in their beginning stages .. their second time around ( season 8) was brutal . 

• Love 1

"Is that Shawn Christian in the visual aids as Donna's new himbo? People will know him from soaps, but to me he'll always be Shawn Christian of Star Search, Tremors 3, and that one episode of the American Coupling."

Where my years of binge watching TV shows fills my head with random facts also...but he was also on Friends. He played the doctor covering for Rachel's regular OBGYN when she was going through her "horny phase," of pregnancy.

• Love 1