Type keyword(s) to search

Family By The Ton - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, 88Keys said:

Amanda had the surgery and she still weighs 611?  How big was she before?  

She was really, really big.  Not sure of the number.  She also has cancer, and they can't treat it until she loses weight because of the riskiness of the necessary procedure (surgery, I think) at her weight.  So she's kind of in a race against the cancer.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Amy is the meal-prepper?  Has she had surgery yet?  Because she doesn't seem that big to me.  I mean, she needs to lose weight, but she doesn't seem like she needs surgery or she will die or anything like that.  She's also well dressed and wears make-up and stuff, which is a nice change of pace (again, I'm used to My 600-lb life poundtestants).  

I hope she does well, I really like her.

2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Unfortunately what I just tossed was the blackish bananas on my counter. :(

I hope you didn't throw them out completely.  They can still be used in banana bread or a mash to add to yoghurt... unless they are completely rotten and moldy, of course.   The mouthfeel isn't there anymore, but they are still OK when the skin gets dark spots.

Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

Wow, that prick just threw his wife under the bus! It's her fault for buying the food. Ick.

He has been unsympathetic in every episode we have seen.

Glad to see them walking... even if 10 minutes is terrible endurance for someone in her 30s, it's a starting point!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I must have missed that. When she said she lost 120 lbs, I wondered what her starting weight was. Certainly not 441lbs, Ed.

They didn't say, but I would assume it was well under 300, she doesn't look that tall and she is pretty slim now...

1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I hope you didn't throw them out completely.  They can still be used in banana bread or a mash to add to yoghurt... unless they are completely rotten and moldy, of course.   The mouthfeel isn't there anymore, but they are still OK when the skin gets dark spots.

They were a little beyond that. If I had the motivation I could have made banana bread a couple days ago. I opened one and it was half gray mush.

He lost 10 pounds.   So what, and that's after the idiot dad went out and got him what he wants?      

I wonder if dad is a lot older, and he and mom didn't think they would ever have kids?      

Casey is such a jerk.   His parents didn't shove that food in his mouth, and the dad may be an enabler, but they're both right.   He needs to roll off of that humongous ass and do something, not just lay there naked playing video games all of the time, and stuffing his face.  

I think Casey didn't tell the entire name of what he ordered, it wasn't 'small' tater tots, but the 'small' size meant for 40 people.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

They were a little beyond that. If I had the motivation I could have made banana bread a couple days ago. I opened one and it was half gray mush.

Oh yes, at that point the trash can is the only option.  I hate when I forget about food and have to toss it...  Coming from farming family (my Dad is first-generation city boy and my Mom left the farm when she was 18), I have been taught to respect the work that goes into growing food, so it breaks my heart every time I let something spoil.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Casey is a despicable loser.

And he brings man-spreading to a whole other level of awful.

Eew, yes I just noticed that GiantMisfit. Wouldn't you like to see him in his own gasoline soaked mankini?

OMG Casey you are such a giant, nasty steaming pile of horse shit! And if your parents piss you off so much LEAVE!!!!!

• Love 10

I know this is something that is considered wrong these days, but I would be picking myself up from the floor if I acted like Casey.  My mother would have pointed out how I was a useless piece of humanity, especially since I wasn't contributing to the household.  AND, all of the Video equipment and I would have been put out of the house!  

• Love 21
1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

I'd throw him outta my house and he could fend for himself 

Sure.   It takes two to tango.

And frozen pizza excuse is pathetic.  It's not healthy, sure, but you can eat a small slice!  No one is forcing you to eat the whole pie!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Casey, you must have amnesia, remember: you are a fucking adult. You have the final say on what you do. And eat. Dumbass. What a contemptuous little humongous twat. 

Here I fixed it.   His mother at least stands up to him, the father is just Casey's servant.    I don't know how Ed and Casey can live with themselves, and I don't care what happens to either one of them.     Amy and Amanda I really am rooting for.  

Amy-388 starting, now 356 down 32 lbs.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

I know this is something that is considered wrong these days, but I would be picking myself up from the floor if I acted like Casey.  My mother would have pointed out how I was a useless piece of humanity, especially since I wasn't contributing to the household.  AND, all of the Video equipment and I would have been put out of the house!  

Shutting off internet would be a great first step.  When my street was being repaved last summer, they accidentally cut my cable - it's amazing how much time you actually have when TV and internet aren't there!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Sure.   It takes two to tango.

And frozen pizza excuse is pathetic.  It's not healthy, sure, but you can eat a small slice!  No one is forcing you to eat the whole pie!

Some of those frozen pizzas are 750 calories in total.  He could even just eat that one and watch what he ate the rest of the time.  He'd still lose weight.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Shutting off internet would be a great first step.  When my street was being repaved last summer, they accidentally cut my cable - it's amazing how much time you actually have when TV and internet aren't there!

So true!  We didn't have cable for 6 weeks after Hurricane Katrina and I was so productive.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Some of those frozen pizzas are 750 calories in total.  He could even just eat that one and watch what he ate the rest of the time.  He'd still lose weight.

Or he could get up and fix himself something to eat.

• Love 8

Amy did well!  All that work she put into prepping food paid off!

The dietician "suggested", huh?   You need to treat it like Gospel, Casey!   If you know zilch about food, at least listen to people who do!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

So true!  We didn't have cable for 6 weeks after Hurricane Katrina and I was so productive.

I got a lot of reading done after Superstorm Sandy...(some of it by oil lamp!)

"Mom's here so I may as well let her make me food." Make your own damn food, lazy ass.

• Love 12

Yeah, like Casey is ever going to be 200 pounds and have a family of his own. Only if someone invents a video game in which the goal is to weigh 200 pounds and have a family. Dream on, dude.

Edited by mmecorday
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Hellga said:

My provider did something on its end that disrupted my internet for a week. I finished writing an article, cleaned my house, did laundry, and read a little. Very productive.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I got a lot of reading done after Superstorm Sandy...(some of it by oil lamp!)

"Mom's here so I may as well let her make me food." Make your own damn food, lazy ass.

I am lucky I didn't lose power after Sandy, some people at work went for as long as two weeks without power...

I am sure Casey's idea of fixing food is ordering it online and waiting for delivery!  I don't think he could cook anything if his life depended on it.  

• Love 3