Type keyword(s) to search

Scream - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

In case anybosy still cares after all this time, we finally get a premiere date for season 3.

‘Scream’ Reboot Moves To VH1 For Season 3, Unveils July Premiere Date, Trailer

The long-awaited third season of Scream, which aired on MTV in 2015 and 2016, is moving to new network VH1 for the third go-round. The network today released a new trailer and unveiled a Monday, July 8 premiere date.

The six-episode season of Scream: Resurrection will air as a three-night event series, running for two hours each night, Monday-Wednesday, beginning at 9 PM.

For Season 3, the network wanted to re-invent the entire franchise, from the cast to location, we hear. As for the decision to move to VH1, the network skews slightly older and has more familiarity with the title, which made it an attractive home for the series.

• Useful 2
(edited)

We’re in a horror movie we can’t call the police...... who the hell would think like that IRL? Go to the god damn police lol and I’m sorry 2 dead bodies are found in the vicinity of the same girl that would tip of the police lol  ... someone is stalking you and murdering people but stop and play a football game and practice afterwards lol

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 1

I'm liking this more than I thought I would. I couldn't make it thru the other installments, though, so maybe it helps just because this one is going to be done very quickly. I wonder why the network decided to burn thru all the episodes in 1 week ? Is that to appeal to the younger crowd that always wants to binge everything ? I usually prefer a slower pace, but it's working with this.

I'm very slow at catching on to characters names, so I thought the girl that is "Beth" is suppose to be the girl that Paris Jackson played in the opening scene ( whose name I didn't catch, thus my confusion.) They looked kind of alike, at first, but Beth had all that crap on her face ( she looks much better with it taken off !) It was only when I went to IMDB that I saw it is a different actress. So whatever happened to Jackson's character ? I must have missed that. I also learned that the kid who player Amir is the son of Biggie Smalls.

Still have no clue who "Ghostface " is, but in the scene with Tony Todd, they looked really short ( but he is like 6'4" ), so I'm guessing it is female, but I don't know who ? Maybe the Mom of the kid that was killed years ago ?

• Love 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and admit I absolutely loved this. I watched the first tv show out of loyalty to a film series I loved, but I hated it. In no way did it feel like Scream to me. From the different mask, to the boring location and bland characters, it just didn't feel like Scream. It felt more like Degrassi or another teen show where you added murders in. It got better with time, but overall it didn't take enough risks and the cast was too dull to be Scream IMO.

Scream created a great core cast that carried the sequels and each film had a dynamic supporting cast full of humor, suspense and meta horror film references which set the tone. I feel like this new series got that in a way the original didn't. Six episodes was enough to keep the plot going and there were a lot of deaths, but they had the suspense of the original which I felt was missing on the MTV series. I loved the suspense they built with each of the major deaths. I also feel the cast was FANTASTIC. That first episode did a good job of creating a diverse group of personalities that meshed really well. It was a completely different type of location from any of the films, but it worked. It still felt like Scream to me. It's a shame it's probably not going to go anywhere because I feel they tied things up nicely and the remaining characters could make a viable sequel to this. I love how each Scream film changed locations and they could definitely do that here with them off to college. 

I feel like the most interesting characters survived, but I also loved the people that died like Amir, Manny and Beth. I thought Beth was an excellent choice for the killer and I loved her reveal. At that point I was convinced Liv was the other killer (if anything, due to the amount of time left and how much they built towards that) so I truly was surprised. I suspected Beth early on but they did a good job of taking the heat off of her as time went on. I thought Keke Palmer was an absolute delight. She reminded me of Brenda from Scary Movie with her quips, but it worked in a serious environment. Overall I felt the teens felt more real, the world felt real as did the issues they faced. They took things happening in our society to deepen things which helped the series IMO. The fact that these kids were pretty much on their own the majority of the series felt very real. Black kids aren't just going to trust and run to the cops and even when they did try nobody listened. I thought that felt VERY real. The trial and error as they tried to figure things out also felt realistic in that they established that these were truly kids. You could tell it took them a while to truly understand the danger they were facing and to take it seriously.

• Love 3
On 7/14/2019 at 5:30 AM, KnotsLanding said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and admit I absolutely loved this. I watched the first tv show out of loyalty to a film series I loved, but I hated it. In no way did it feel like Scream to me. From the different mask, to the boring location and bland characters, it just didn't feel like Scream. It felt more like Degrassi or another teen show where you added murders in. It got better with time, but overall it didn't take enough risks and the cast was too dull to be Scream IMO.

Scream created a great core cast that carried the sequels and each film had a dynamic supporting cast full of humor, suspense and meta horror film references which set the tone. I feel like this new series got that in a way the original didn't. Six episodes was enough to keep the plot going and there were a lot of deaths, but they had the suspense of the original which I felt was missing on the MTV series. I loved the suspense they built with each of the major deaths. I also feel the cast was FANTASTIC. That first episode did a good job of creating a diverse group of personalities that meshed really well. It was a completely different type of location from any of the films, but it worked. It still felt like Scream to me. It's a shame it's probably not going to go anywhere because I feel they tied things up nicely and the remaining characters could make a viable sequel to this. I love how each Scream film changed locations and they could definitely do that here with them off to college. 

I feel like the most interesting characters survived, but I also loved the people that died like Amir, Manny and Beth. I thought Beth was an excellent choice for the killer and I loved her reveal. At that point I was convinced Liv was the other killer (if anything, due to the amount of time left and how much they built towards that) so I truly was surprised. I suspected Beth early on but they did a good job of taking the heat off of her as time went on. I thought Keke Palmer was an absolute delight. She reminded me of Brenda from Scary Movie with her quips, but it worked in a serious environment. Overall I felt the teens felt more real, the world felt real as did the issues they faced. They took things happening in our society to deepen things which helped the series IMO. The fact that these kids were pretty much on their own the majority of the series felt very real. Black kids aren't just going to trust and run to the cops and even when they did try nobody listened. I thought that felt VERY real. The trial and error as they tried to figure things out also felt realistic in that they established that these were truly kids. You could tell it took them a while to truly understand the danger they were facing and to take it seriously.

I am the reverse.  I loved loved loved the old series and hate this with a passion.  Couldn’t get through the second episode before I deleted it from my dvr.  I am disappointed.   I loved the two main female characters on the original but this dies t have a single character that I care about.  Maybe that might have changed if I cared enough to watch past the second episode but the first series grabbed me from the beginning.

• Love 1

I felt no attachment to the old cast, although I didn't mind them. I liked a few of the characters here, like Kym and Manny, but figured Beth would be one of the killers. They were trying too hard to make Liv and Deion look guilty. I had briefly wondered if Deion had a split personality develop after losing his brother, and then realized that he was the brother. 

I didn't guess the second killer. I did like that it was only six episodes, I was able to run through it starting yesterday afternoon, and finishing before I fell asleep.

• Love 1

I didn't like it as much as the other one, but I think that might be because I just binge watched instead of sitting in weekly anticipation. I loved Bex Taylor-Klaus and Noah from the first two seasons, but never really cared for the lead. And the killers there were way more predictable. I admit they got me with Deion/Marcus twist and I really liked the explanation of how Jay knew he wasn't him when he acted like they'd never met.

There's also some things I respect about the way they stick to the horror movie formulas. Like the killer who underestimates the final girl. The final jump scare. The two killers à la the original movies, one with a motive and backstory, one who's just psycho. They did switch it up in this one by having the plain psycho be the mastermind who dies second. 

Keke Palmer can keep being TV's final girl. She plays it well. But she's been playing teenagers half her life and I need to see her play grownups now.

If they sold t-shirts that said "That ain't how a final girl rolls" on the front and "Final girl, y'all! Underestimate at your own risk" on the back, I'd buy it.

I squealed with joy when Candyman showed up. The death of Tyler Posey's character was the most gruesome to me because eye horror, poisonous foaming at the mouth and my like of Tyler Posey all combined horribly. I laughed far too hard at Beth calling him "DeMarcus." He should totally start going by that. 

• Love 2

Clearing out my DVR while quarantined and I finally watched this.  I liked it. I particularly enjoyed the call backs in both tone and bits to the original movie.  The final scare by the killer followed by shooting was great.  And Kym got to be the rules girl and final girl.  good for her.

• Love 2

Rewatching the first two seasons.   Not sure if I ever watched season 3.   Anyway I still enjoy it even though I know what going to happen.   It’s a fun slasher especially if you get all the references.   I also kinda dig the mystery and friendships between the main cast.   That is where these shows pass and fail with me.   Do you buy the relationship dynamics?   And for the most part I did.