Type keyword(s) to search

White Collar - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, tessaray said:

They're just messing with us, aren't they?  I couldn't get that lucky, Leverage AND White Collar back on my television.  

That seems too lucky. It would too great to get both shows back. Don't mess with us Matt and Jeff unless you mean it!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tessaray said:

The Pink Panthers suspect Neal Caffrey is alive. Mozzie and Peter, desperate to warn him, scour the streets of Paris. 

Yeah, I'd watch that. 

Don't think I need the Pink Panthers in there. They were probably my least favorite part of the series (I think because they moved the series away from their original premise and the "white" collar aspect too much). I think I'd prefer something along the lines of Peter tracking Neal down because there's an international art thief (or a group of them) who they can't catch (however that would work as a series) or something like the music box story minus the personal aspect. But as long as the quality is there and the story is compelling, I'd probably watch anything.

I would be surprised if Mozzie were still in New York after all these years though. I kind of imagine that he would have joined Neal in Paris once he/they considered it to be safe. It just seems that there's too much art in Europe for Mozzie to be able to stay away for long. 😉

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, swanpride said:

How about the news that June died brings Neal back to New York? They could cast a different actress as "Young June" and this giving the character and the actress a fitting good-bye.

Love the idea. The serialized aspect of the show could then also revolve around something that has to do with either June or her husband.

• Love 2

^Enjoy! My cake preparation last September didn't last long enough and then I got distracted/busy with other stuff, so my rewatch was cut short. Oh well, all the more reason to do another one. 😉

• Love 2

I've introduced my parents to a couple of my favorite TV shows ever since Covid started and one of them is White Collar. They're enjoying it; one of their favorite aspects is the working marriage between Peter and El and they absolutely love Mozzie.

I'm loving the re-watch. I had completely forgotten that Fowler had been a semi-good guy. He was a bad guy, obviously, but his deal with Neal was legit and there's something genuine about him.
Also, I didn't remember that Dianna was made to look suspicious when they showed that she had the music box in her safe.

I love to rediscover shows!

• Love 2

Just rewatched the first two episodes of season 4. I had forgotten how frustrating it was that Agent Collins just shot Neal and then got to take credit for everything. I get why they did it but I wish they would have found a more satisfying way. There should have been consequences for Collins for randomly shooting someone who wasn't armed and wasn't a threat to him in any way at the time.

I also don't believe for a second that Collins would have obtained a warrant for an FBI agent that easily. After everything I've read and heard, he would have had to jump through a lot more hoops and would have needed to have more than a hunch to get that warrant.

I think they took a far too easy route there and probably could have found a different solution of how Collins obtains the information.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

Such heartbreaking news. Not Mozzie. 💔 😭  Way too young. 

Just read this article about Willie and Hilarie Burton (who played Sara Ellis): https://people.com/style/hilarie-burton-got-a-tattoo-to-honor-willie-garson-before-his-death/  That is the sweetest. ❤️

If you haven't already, I'd recommend reading Burton's Instagram post.

It seems that there was not a single person who disliked Willie Garson. He was truly one of the good guys and "Heaven gained an angel" appears to be more than accurate.

• Love 3

I loved this series when it was on first run. I was so dissapointed when Willie Garson died because I knew that meant the White Collar sequel series wouldn't happen. 

A White Collar prequel series about June and Byron in the 1950s-1970s would be fantastic, even though it wouldn't involve most of the characters we know and love. 

Also, I have a question for people in the U.S who own the complete series on DVD. I am thinking about giving the complete series on DVD to someone. It looks like there are two different editions (but I am not sure if they are in fact, two different editions.) Which one is better?

https://smile.amazon.com/White-Collar-Complete-Collection/dp/B07GQJY8H1/ref=sr_1_3?crid=OUUCWCSGNKB2&keywords=White+Collar+DVD&qid=1643671868&sprefix=white+collar+dvd%2Caps%2C84&sr=8-3

https://smile.amazon.com/White-Collar-plete-Matt-Bomer/dp/B00T6KIQJC/ref=sr_1_6?crid=OUUCWCSGNKB2&keywords=White+Collar+DVD&qid=1643671868&sprefix=white+collar+dvd%2Caps%2C84&sr=8-6

• Love 1

I would actually like to see them do a follow-up movie even more, now. With the plot somehow centering on Mozzie's death. It would give the characters a chance to properly mourn and honor both Mozzie and June--and, by extension, the wonderful actors who played them, and I think it would be very cathartic for the audience.

Just, please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, do not make it have anything to do with the Pink freaking Panthers!

• Love 2

After a long break, my parents and I picked up the show again. We're on to S6 and my poor mom is convinced something will happen to Elizabeth's baby because they brought back Keller, Peter is so concerned about it and Neal insists on going ahead with bringing down the Pink Panthers anyway.

I still don't get why they felt they had to bring back Keller anyway. What is it with showrunners and resurrecting villains the show (and viewers/fans) has closed the arc on and moved on from when a show nears the end? 

Also, in this case, it doesn't really make sense that a tight-knit group like the Pink Panthers would suddenly allow in two new members. Neal, I can make sense of. Throughout the show they established that he has quite the reputation and I think if someone manages to penetrate my impenetrable safe and bests me in the way Neal did, I'd be very impressed and would want him on my team as well. But Keller? I don't think the show established him as someone who would be an asset to a group like the Pink Panthers. To the contrary. He seems like someone who doesn't mind drawing attention to himself with his methods, so I'd say he'd be someone the Pink Panthers would want to avoid.

• Like 2
On 11/1/2023 at 1:18 AM, CheshireCat said:

After a long break, my parents and I picked up the show again. We're on to S6 and my poor mom is convinced something will happen to Elizabeth's baby because they brought back Keller, Peter is so concerned about it and Neal insists on going ahead with bringing down the Pink Panthers anyway.

I still don't get why they felt they had to bring back Keller anyway. What is it with showrunners and resurrecting villains the show (and viewers/fans) has closed the arc on and moved on from when a show nears the end? 

Also, in this case, it doesn't really make sense that a tight-knit group like the Pink Panthers would suddenly allow in two new members. Neal, I can make sense of. Throughout the show they established that he has quite the reputation and I think if someone manages to penetrate my impenetrable safe and bests me in the way Neal did, I'd be very impressed and would want him on my team as well. But Keller? I don't think the show established him as someone who would be an asset to a group like the Pink Panthers. To the contrary. He seems like someone who doesn't mind drawing attention to himself with his methods, so I'd say he'd be someone the Pink Panthers would want to avoid.

I don't either. I had hoped we were finally done with Keller in season three. We really should have and there should have been a good a new villain or just use the Pink Panthers. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

We really should have and there should have been a good a new villain or just use the Pink Panthers. 

I think the Pink Panthers were "villain" enough. Even if they may have not been as trigger-happy as Keller was, there was a lot that hinged on catching them. The tiniest mistake on Neal's or the FBI's part could have made them disappear and ruined Neal's chance of catching them. So, I think there was enough suspense without the threat of Keller.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I think the Pink Panthers were "villain" enough. Even if they may have not been as trigger-happy as Keller was, there was a lot that hinged on catching them. The tiniest mistake on Neal's or the FBI's part could have made them disappear and ruined Neal's chance of catching them. So, I think there was enough suspense without the threat of Keller.

I agree. The government wanted them enough to make a deal with Neal to finally get his freedom.  They should have been the villains. Everything Neal wanted was riding on catching them.

• Like 3
Just now, LizDC said:

White Collar Revival: Matt Bomer Confirms ‘Very Legitimate’ Talks to Resurrect Series (Exclusive)

Suits isn’t the only USA Network series looking to make a comeback.

There is “very legitimate talk” about a revival of fellow “blue skies” drama White Collar, star Matt Bomer told TVLine on Friday while promoting his Showtime limited series Fellow Travelers.

Just came here to post the same 🙂

I had assumed a potential reboot was off the table after Garson's passing. I think Mozzie contributed a lot to what made the show what it was and it will definitely not be the same without him. But even if I didn't agree with everything the show did (*cough* resurrecting Keller *cough*), I do trust them enough to do what they think is right with regards to Mozzie.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Just came here to post the same 🙂

I had assumed a potential reboot was off the table after Garson's passing. I think Mozzie contributed a lot to what made the show what it was and it will definitely not be the same without him. But even if I didn't agree with everything the show did (*cough* resurrecting Keller *cough*), I do trust them enough to do what they think is right with regards to Mozzie.

That's what I though too. I really hoped it was. I can't imagine the show without Mozzie. 

Hard to imagine the show without June and Mozzie - on the other hand, they could bring back Alex as "Neal's problematic criminal friend", providing a new and different dynamic which could put quite a spin on the show. Would make it much harder on the writers to create quirky situations, though....

9 hours ago, swanpride said:

Hard to imagine the show without June and Mozzie - on the other hand, they could bring back Alex as "Neal's problematic criminal friend", providing a new and different dynamic which could put quite a spin on the show. Would make it much harder on the writers to create quirky situations, though....

I could without June. I loved her but I can see that bringing Neal back to New York for her funeral. But I just can't imagine the show or movie without Mozzie.

10 hours ago, swanpride said:

Hard to imagine the show without June and Mozzie -

I can imagine it, I'm not sure that I like it, at least, where Mozzie is concerned. A show without June I'd be okay with. She was a great character but not as essential as Mozzie.

Generally, I'm not sure how they'd do it without replacing either. When we last saw Neal it was implied he was in Paris. So, it would make sense that neither Mozzie nor June would be there. But Mozzie made Neal as successful as he was, so Neal would need someone like Mozzie and he'd also need a place to live. So, how would they do that without making us think they're replacing the characters who are dead? Sure, Neal's new "inside man" doesn't have to be as quirky but that was a huge part of Mozzie's appeal.

Likewise, a new landlord or landlady would have to have some of the traits June had.

Somehow replacing June and Mozzie seems a lot more difficult than to replace a law enforcement official on one of the FBI/police shows even though they are always officers/agents. But they can be very different in character. In order to work with Neal, you need to be a certain character and I think that's difficult to replace without making them look like a copy.

With that said, if they'd set it in Paris/Europe, there'd also be no Peter and since we couldn't have Mozzie or June, they can't really take away Peter, too, can they?
At the same time, if Neal had returned to New York, they'd have to kill off Mozzie as that is the only way that it would make sense that Neal wouldn't have gotten in touch with him. June would make sense since Neal's supposed to be dead, so he'd not be likely to return to the same home.
But that Neal is supposed to be dead would make a return of his to New York more complicated anyway. He'd need to become a new man (again).

on the other hand, they could bring back Alex as "Neal's problematic criminal friend", providing a new and different dynamic which could put quite a spin on the show. Would make it much harder on the writers to create quirky situations, though....

It could be interesting but at the same time, Alex never seemed to have the contacts that Mozzie had nor was she as versatile. I don't think she'd be as helpful to Neal.

Neal could have hooked back up with Sara, too. Help her steal back recover stolen art for the insurance company. 😁

• Like 1