Type keyword(s) to search

Queen Of The South - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Heh, everyone always thinks their enemy won't see it coming.

Why couldn't Davis just keep his mouth shut?

Aw, Marcel, I'm glad you weren't trying to play both sides.

Bye Javier. You were a good soldado. Well, except for that one time you majorly fcuked up and set this whole mess off.

Teresa better get someone who speaks Russian on her team or she's going to be out here looking foolish like Tommy on Power.

I think Teresa would be way out of her element in NYC and I don't see that happening.

Wait, WHAT! Meh, I'm not sure James can be 100% trusted but wow, he makes quite an entrance. And ditto comments upthread, how did he know exactly where to find Teresa?

• Love 2

Damn Javier, that was a horrible death, but holy crap he went out fighting! Glad he took that asshole corrupt cop out with him, and at least got some justice for poor Emiliia. He majorly screwed up, but paid the price for it for everyone's sake. 

Teresa finally dons her baller white outfit. The queen is rising! She certainly is showing a new more ruthless side, even if she hasn't gone full queenpin quite yet, and I hope the judge feels that ruthless side soon, I want that asshole dead soon! He was playing with fire messing with the Russian mob, and if they side with Teresa, he might regret getting on their bad side. 

Glad that Dumas was really on Teresa's side, and apparently George has decided to move on from Birdie dying, at least for now. They have bigger fish to fry now, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes up again. Until then, I am glad that George is sticking around, he always adds a lot of levity that this show often desperately needs. 

The judges poor son, I wish he could have gotten away from his horrible father another way. 

Well damn, James sure does know how to make an entrance! Looking forward to seeing where we go next? New York? Somewhere to buy more white clothes?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/29/2019 at 8:50 PM, mxc90 said:

Good riddance Randall! That's what you get for playing with fire. You should have shot Javier but you tried to be cute and burn him

That scene was awesome!  I squealed. 

• Love 1

So, I’m super late, but I just binged the whole show on Netflix and now I’m a fan. I know a lot of things on the show are unrealistic (as is the case on any narco show - don’t get me started on Power), but Boaz was broken out of a DEA warehouse during season 1, and several DEA agents were killed in the process. Perhaps the feds couldn’t prove that Camilla’s crew was behind the ambush, but they clearly know that Boaz was sprung.  Now, he’s traveling in and out of the states, without seeming to take any precautions and is running things in Miami? I don’t think there’s any way any of these people would be walking around freely in the US like they do, but that seems extra far-fetched.

Im curious to see what the deal is with James. I thought it was confusing when he went with Devon at the end of season 3. It would’ve made more sense for Devon to just kill him, but obviously the writers werent going to completely close the door on James ever coming back, and I like James and wouldn’t have wanted that either. However, the “this is how we clean up the mess you made in Texas” was very vague. Is he just going to start working for the CIA, is he a prisoner, or is he an informant now, and if so, how helpful can he be? Camilla is out, as is her cartel, and he walked away from Teresa and wasn’t going to be providing info on her, so......  I just don’t quite get it lol.

(edited)
On 8/23/2019 at 4:37 PM, mxc90 said:

(Speaking of all white) in the first episode this season, it opened with Teresa and Pote in Germany (?) executing two men and later attending a ribbon cutting event. Then the police arrive to maybe arrest her and/or Pote. Nothing mentioned about that scene since. Now this show has another plot to explain to go with who shot her in the very first episode. Also, we never got the answer to: if the speedos were optional? I hope these writers aren't getting overconfident that they will not get cancelled, they are a making a lot of questions to be answered.

I have a feeling a lot of questions will not be answered.

Edited by mxc90
26 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't hate that it's ending. I've felt that it had been treading water for a while.  I'd only hate if they don't get to wrap up the story. 

Same. The locations may have changed, but the stories were pretty similar.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

I have a feeling a lot of questions will not be answered.

I don't know how many questions there really are.  They just need to explain where they are in the end which might not be that tough.

I read that production is set to wrap in March of 2021.  Since they announced that it'd end as they're announcing when it'll debut, my guess is they were pre-warned at some point to wrap it up.

1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know how many questions there really are.  They just need to explain where they are in the end which might not be that tough.

I read that production is set to wrap in March of 2021.  Since they announced that it'd end as they're announcing when it'll debut, my guess is they were pre-warned at some point to wrap it up.

I understand but they started the first season with her as a made woman getting shot and this past season of her getting arrested in the first episode. I want to know how these all will fit or were they all in her dreams. We'll see.

I'm not surprised that it is being cancelled. This season being 10 episodes, while the others were 13 was a clue, but the bigger one was that USA is moving away from all of its scripted tv shows. I think after Queen of the South ends, there will be only one scripted show left on teh network. Oh well, I binged the show this summer and got hooked. I think there is enough material for 6 seasons, but I thought the last season (season 4) was the weakest one yet, so I would rather the show go out on a high note than on a weak one, which can happen when shows go on too long. 

Spoiler

Alice Braga posted a clip on instagram where she appears to be wearing the same suit dress from the first scene in the pilot (just before she gets shot), so I wonder if they really are planning to kill Teresa in the end. 

• Useful 1

So-so first episode.

Good to see Teresa list of enemies is still plentiful. Even add her name to the list.

James is a quick healer to overcome pain and start running, dodging bullets, shooting and fighting. Still don't know if I can trust him.

Teresa is on the edge, I'm not sure James telling her Devon is a contractor for the CIA and technically not a CIA agent means that much to her now.

Isn't Boaz supposed to be running Miami? Teresa just can't keep this man away. He will screw up to give Teresa more problems.

I don't feel King George and Boaz are going to survive this season. 

Let me guess (by the end): the female detective will take down her corrupt captain Gamble, Lafayette and come to the aid of Teresa.

So Oksana/Kostya sent a hit team for Teresa last season? What event last season caused a problem in their relationship for this to happen? Or did the Russians foresee she was going to NYC to meet with their competitor (the Dominicans) and need to take her out?

• Love 1

I enjoyed the episode. Not the best, but set up the rest of the season nicely. 

I know that the show isn’t supposed to be super realistic, but a local judge controlling so many people in a midsized city like New Orleans is just not believable. 

I love Boaz. He’s crazy and will bring Teresa nothing but trouble, but I enjoy him. Teresa handing over Javier was weak IMO, so I’m happy that he pointed out to her how she let the judge run over her leading to this mess. Last season, each time the judge said jump, she said “how high?” It was pathetic. However, Teresa certainly seems a bit different and on edge, so that’s good to see. As noted, she seemed a bit incompetent in Season 4, so I’m glad that they seem to have turned that page quickly.

I know that the show loves the “trust or not trust James” story, but I’m not quite sure that I get it. James was Camila’s #2 in the first and second season. He was loyal to Camila. He goes to Teresa in Season 3 and was loyal to her before he left. Now, I get why Teresa was upset about the stuff that happened - gameboy, etc, but I feel like that was more of a personal issue (he was working for Camila then, not her), not a betrayal of the business, like what KellyAnne did. 

With that said, Devon Finch will definitely be back. Either he and James are still working together, or Devon set up that whole situation with the Russians to take out James and then Teresa and will be back to finish the job.

Pote running in that first scene and then stopping out of breath was hilarious. Pote is the most loyal person ever, but Teresa is gonna need James or Chicho (or someone else who does some cardio everyone once in a while) to be with her if she’s gonna still be doing all of this running lol! 

• Love 4

I forgot this started last night, and my DVR wasn't set for it, either. Resolved now!

LOL at James's garish Hawaiian shirt.

9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I'm not sure James telling her Devon is a contractor for the CIA and technically not a CIA agent means that much to her now.

That seemed needlessly nitpicky to me. It doesn't change what he does.

This first episode reinforced to me the wise decision to end the series after this season. 

• Love 1

James' story got weaker by the hour and I don't how King George didn't just kill him. And James really needs to eat a sandwich or three. He's thinner than Teresa.

It's like James was taking Teresa's gang snipe hunting, lol.

I almost didn't recognize Kelly Anne. Something was different about her look to me.

Wonder how soon Teresa's coke use will start affecting her judgment, if it hasn't already?

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it's her hair? It's long and straight now, and has she always been a blonde?

I feel like KellyAnne has looked different every season that she has been on the show. If you go back to the first season she was on as the attorney’s wife, she looks way different, IMO.

I rewatched the episode, and I thought George’s reaction to James was so over the top that I wondered if they were about to make another man be in love with Teresa lol! It’s not even that James suddenly showing up wasn’t suspicious, but the things George was focused on made no sense. Like when they showed up at the first location and the kill team wasn’t there, he said James was lying, and then when the kill team does show up, he says it’s a trap....like huh? Didn’t George want to find the kill team? Isn’t it common sense that if you go to the location where the kill team was doing surveillance, they may show up shooting at you? 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3

Nice shirt James, its like he decided to raid George's wardrobe. So now we must play the "who's side is James on" dance yet again. George was being super over the top with his suspicions of him, but I guess I cant blame him, and over the top is kind of George's usual state of being. 

I cant help but like Boaz, no matter what a wild card he can be. He also had a point, Teresa really did roll over way too easily for the judge, considering all the shit he's pulled and continues to pull. I know that she usually tries to play nice with people, which is usually a good strategy, but this asshole needs to be dealt with. As much as the show has built him up as some kind of super kingpin, he's just a guy. In a major city, no way would he have THAT much unlimited power, there has to be some faction that would be down to end him, and he is, at the end of the day, just a guy. He isn't apart of some big international cartel or criminal empire where if you kill him someone else will just take his place, just blow his car up and be done with it. 

So the one time she doesn't play nice, she decides to mess with the Russian mob, who has previously been a solid ally for the most part? Even in bad financial straights, that seems like a bad call. 

Nice to have the show back, even with my complaints. They seem to be setting things up for the finale well. 

• Love 2

Oh goodness gracious.  Who didn't see KellyAnne's pregnancy coming as soon as James and Pote started talking about how Tony was "like a son" to Pote and how he was never going to do that kind of thing again?

• Love 4

Last episode during James' time of healing from his wound, running, dodging bullets and fighting Russians, he found some free time to negotiate for an army of ex-Mossad to be at Teresa's compound the next day. The man is full of surprises.  

Too bad King George wasn't around to comment on the men James brought in. 

Didn't Tony want to kill Pote for killing his father? Pote is acting like they were real tight.

Pote to James: ".....This world is not for a child. They make you weak and vulnerable.....". He is lucky Kelly Anne didn't hear this. 

So Pote let his guard down with Tony and in the bedroom with Kelly Anne by not wrapping up his little cabron!

Polanco is screaming on the phone to Teresa "I want the Russians dead" while there are FDNY EMTs (maybe police too) in an ear shot. 

Poor Teresa, every time she squashes a problem, there's another one or two waiting around the corner for her to resolve. 

Leave it to Boaz to always put a wrench in Teresa's plans. It's time for him to go. 

"Maybe some other life but not his one!" Ouch! Those words hurt James more than the gun shot! He better rethink his decision to stay.

Lafayette bowed down quickly to Teresa without a fight.

I keep hearing the name "Kostya", I am starting to wonder if he exists or is the show still taking their sweet time casting the role?

There was a "sleeper cell" in Kostya's organization? Who are they working for?

• Love 2

Not thrilled about KellyAnne being pregnant. I’m just generally not a fan of pregnancies at all on tv shows like this.

I continue to like that Teresa isn’t letting everyone push her around this season. However, she should be rather embarrassed that it took James coming in for her to get decent security. She didn’t think to get that fixed after some local man put a bomb under her car and/or after people seemed to come and go from all of her establishments as they wanted for a year?!? 

On the James/Teresa front, Teresa doesn't strike me as someone who is going to go without sex or a man for too long, so we’ll see how long this “you and me... that can’t happen” sentiment lasts. 

There’s goes Boaz screwing things up lol! It’s kind of Teresa’s fault though. She knew he was a hothead and loose cannon when she put him in charge of Miami, and then she traded his cousin for Oksana. She should’ve had a better plan to deal with him.

Polanco didn’t seem to be able to handle the Russians at all after all that talk about not worrying about them....seems like he got his security from the same people who set up Teresa’s season 4 security. He better go get James’ connect for Mossad!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Oh goodness gracious.  Who didn't see KellyAnne's pregnancy coming as soon as James and Pote started talking about how Tony was "like a son" to Pote and how he was never going to do that kind of thing again?

That was so blatant it can't even be called an anvil. And when KellyAnne threw up after Pote shot that guy in the head, I thought, "Yep, she's pregnant." I did like that both of them were a little stunned (five pregnancy tests, hee) and don't know how to react or what to do.

9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Polanco is screaming on the phone to Teresa "I want the Russians dead" while there are FDNY EMTs (maybe police too) in an ear shot. 

I know! I get they were trying to show a few different things at the same time, but this was not the way to do it.

Is anyone else getting a Remington Steele vibe from Costa/Kostyra/the Russian kingpin? All communications go through Oksana, she's apparently the only one who sees him in person, etc. It makes me think Oksana is the real Russian power, but for whatever reason she pretends there's someone above her. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I said the exact same thing!!

I definitely called Kelly Ann being pregnant as soon as they showed those previouslys of her and Pote hooking up. Then they were talking about Tony and kids, yeah seems pretty obvious thats where it was going. 

I am starting to suspect that the mysterious Costa doesn't exist, or that he died ages ago, and that Oksana is the one really calling the shots. 

Running a crime empire looks so stressful. Yeah you get cool suites but is it worth the stress wrinkles? 

• LOL 1

Didn't James show up last season clutching and bleeding out from his left side? Yet, this season, it seems like he got shot on his right side.. It's not a big deal to the story but it's weird.

I am also getting the vibe that Oksana is the real boss, and this Kostya person is a front.

Spoiler

However, I read in an article that they cast an actor in the role of Kostya, so it does appear that he is a real person, who will show up later

I like KellyAnne, but it almost seems like her elevated role on the show is more about the showrunners really liking the actress, as opposed to her role making much sense. I never bought that she would risk her life to come back for Tony in the first place, but now she's an expert on money laundering and a super lawyer? 

• Love 1

Felt bad for Marcel. Lucien turns on him and then Teresa gave him up (espesially after hearing James tell him how loyal Teresa is). I wasn't expecting that twist.

Not sure why Boaz had to make an entrance with the judge's head in a box and confess to Teresa. Just hide the body and go back to Miami. Then we find out the fool was caught on camera and didn't even bother dispose of the body.

Boaz must have gotten a big ego boost with Teresa not killing him and she not turning him in to the police (when they have evidence he killed the judge). He'll now probably think he can defy her order and get away with it because he's "valuable" to her. I don't think we're done seeing him mess up.

Why would Teresa let him keep the judge's head?

Cop changed his tune quick when he heard $3 million.

Funny Teresa went to the guy and asked if he would like to take the rap and go to jail. As if he would be honored and say "Hell yeah. I'll go".

Shouldn't the news station make sure the judge is at the podium before they interrupt with "Breaking News"?

Lucien sent the police a tip of the car James and Marcel are in and they send one cop to get them.

Pote already assuming they are having a boy.

Is NA meetings enough for Kelly Anne to get through her issues? Maybe many many one on one therapy seesions is required.

• Love 2

Welp....Teresa has officially become Camila. If anything, what she did to Marcel is worse than Camila trying to set up Teresa to take the fall for her. At least Teresa worked for Camila. I mean, Teresa even tried to get Cedric to take fall? Did she ever think to force someone who works under Boaz or under her to take the fall? Just odd behavior. 

I imagine that Teresa will fix it, but if they have Marcel ever go back to trusting her, that would be the most unrealistic thing ever.

Its not funny, but I can’t help but laugh at James going so hard for Teresa’s character to Marcel and then being proven a liar ten minutes later lol. He looked so disappointed in the end.

KellyAnne/Pote - I don’t really get them. Pote almost sounded like her big brother or father giving her a pep talk at the end. I guess they’re cute, but I could do without them.

• Love 1

Teresa turning in Marcel struck me as her being on the road to being the queen. She's been ruthless in business before, but not on such a personal level. I'm also wondering what Boaz has that makes him valuable enough not to kill him after directly disobeying Teresa's orders, not to mention put that part of the business into a lot of trouble.

I'm sort of disappointed that Sharif Atkins's sheriff (hee; couldn't resist) is dirty.

Note following Kelly Anne to her AA meeting was all sorts of wrong. She really should have lit into him. And then he stays to listen? Oh, gurl.

• Love 1

I found Pote knocking over a bunch of coffee cups over when he burst into Kelly Anne's NA meeting and then awkwardly putting them back up really funny. That and everyone nervously starring at the box with the judges head in it as soon as the cop showed up. 

Theresa might feel bad about throwing Marcel under the bus, but this is clearly another step to her becoming the Queenpin. That was ruthless, especially after so much talk about how loyal she is to her allies, but I bet the Queenpin would approve. 

Boaz is really entertaining, but if Theresa wants to run a really tight criminal empire with minimal drama and violence, she shouldn't want such a wild card around. And now that she let him get away with this, he will think he can get away with anything. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Theresa might feel bad about throwing Marcel under the bus, but this is clearly another step to her becoming the Queenpin. That was ruthless, especially after so much talk about how loyal she is to her allies, but I bet the Queenpin would approve. 

Would she? I couldn’t tell if we were supposed to see Teresa’s choice as ruthless, but smart, or just dumb. It seemed like a very shortsighted move to me. Teresa burned an ally, who actually was loyal to her for someone who disobeyed her direct order and shot his brother in the head. It seems like taking a short-term hit to her business to put someone in place in Miami/Sinaloa who she can trust, while keeping Marcel as an ally, makes more sense long-term than just hoping that Boaz finally falls in line. 

I may be overthinking it though, but outside of the ruthlessness, I didn’t get any Queen Pin vibes from her this episode. She seemed like a hot mess - using her product again and being clueless about key parts of her business. 

With that said, I’m glad Boaz didn’t go down. I like him, and I would love to see a Boaz v Teresa conflict. I think he is very formidable in a crazy, “burn it all down to the ground” way. 

• Love 1

From Teresa's original plan, I'm not sure how the ledger would help Dumas being he's on murder charges. 

James, Pote, and Kelly Anne were caught by surpirse when Teresa gave the order to kill Eli. Playing nice and peaceful resolutions are over.

Seeing Eli as a regular guy at home, I almost felt bad for him when James killed him. Good thing there weren't kids in the house.

Not sure why Eli had to be sneaky to watch more TV? Is "Chef Bella" a No-No with his wife?

Foolish Lucien! Getting back in the game this time around was not wise. Should have stayed retired. Now there will be blood in the streets as Marcel's crew has no leadership and Teresa's supply.

The show couldn't find more realistic looking blood for Lucien? Looked like thick BBQ sauce was pouring out on his desk.

Agent Panetta got scared from Kelly Anne's little tirade and called of the raid! If he was prepared, he could have had surveillance at Teresa's compound to see all the armed guards there.Then he could have asked Kelly Anne: why does your boss have so much armed security, if she is a supposedly "legit" business woman? 

So if "genius" Boaz hadn't cut off Lafayette's head/leave the body to be found (which is a so-called signature of the Mexican cartels), the FBI wouldn't be on Teresa tail. 

Marcel had so much anger towards Teresa, yet when he given the opprotunity to tell on her and given a deal ...he dosen't talk. Teflon Teresa was in full effect tonight.

Is there a mandate to have Kelly Anne throw up at least twice an episode?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Agent Panetta got scared from Kelly Anne's little tirade and called of the raid! If he was prepared, he could have had surveillance at Teresa's compound to see all the armed guards there.Then he could have asked Kelly Anne: why does your boss have so much armed security, if she is a supposedly "legit" business woman? 

Marcel had so much anger towards Teresa, yet when he given the opprotunity to tell on her and given a deal ...he dosen't talk. Teflon Teresa was in full effect tonight.

Ding, ding, ding lol! I guess it’s no less realistic than Teresa magically escaping bullets every season, but the FBI backing off that quickly from KellyAnne (when did she even become a licensed attorney in Louisiana?) is pretty laughable. 

Technically, the FBI wouldn’t be able to get Marcel off for a double murder (state crime), but him not going scorched earth didn’t make much sense based on what he said earlier. He can still look at himself in the mirror if his people starve, but not if he rats on Teresa? Oh ok! 

They should’ve made James and Teresa be having sex or something....I don’t quite get why he stays otherwise. He clearly doesn’t seem to want to be there.

I know it was symbolic, but I kinda hated Teresa’s blazer.

George is back next week! Yay! I need some lighthearted moments that doesn’t involved KellyAnne and Pote’s baby.

• Love 2

Pote saying "We're pregnant" might be the funniest thing he's ever said.

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Seeing Eli as a regular guy at home, I almost felt bad for him when James killed him. Good thing there weren't kids in the house.

I legit thought a little kid would interrupt James killing Eli. At least James didn't also kill Eli's wife, though that's cold comfort.

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Teresa's claim about having to pay protection money and being harassed because she's a Mexican woman wouldn't be an unreasonable answer. 

22 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I know it was symbolic, but I kinda hated Teresa’s blazer.

It wasn't a subtle symbol, that's for sure. I kinda liked it, though it was hard to see the black side with the show lighting things so dimly. It looked like Teresa was wearing half a blazer.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It wasn't a subtle symbol, that's for sure. I kinda liked it, though it was hard to see the black side with the show lighting things so dimly. It looked like Teresa was wearing half a blazer.

I couldn’t figure it out until the jail scene when I saw it from the back. It indeed looked like half a blazer from the front.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

George is back next week! Yay! I need some lighthearted moments that doesn’t involved KellyAnne and Pote’s baby.

Preview show him with Boaz. I hope George is sent to finish him.

8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

They should’ve made James and Teresa be having sex or something....I don’t quite get why he stays otherwise. He clearly doesn’t seem to want to be there.

When he was in the closet, I thought he was going to defy her orders, not kill him and go home.

He looks so disinterested at times during his scenes. Not sure if it's the actor or what he's directed to do.

Once Teresa defined their relationship, he should have packed his bags and caught the next flight out of town. Maybe she's paying him well and provides a nice company car.

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Pote saying "We're pregnant" might be the funniest thing he's ever said.

It's about time he announced. He has been showing for some time.

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Teresa's claim about having to pay protection money and being harassed because she's a Mexican woman wouldn't be an unreasonable answer. 

She told the agent: the extortion/corrupt police were the reasons she went to the FBI. Her guards probably have more fire power than the local cops.

9 hours ago, Jess14 said:
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I couldn’t figure it out until the jail scene when I saw it from the back. It indeed looked like half a blazer from the front.

For a while, I thought that was the new style to wear it one side and let the other side hang by her back. My fault for watching late at night.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

He looks so disinterested at times during his scenes. Not sure if it's the actor or what he's directed to do.

Once Teresa defined their relationship, he should have packed his bags and caught the next flight out of town. Maybe she's paying him well and provides a nice company car.

I read an article from the writer that talked about how James is just exhausted and over this life, so the disinterest is by design.

As a viewer, I know there are only 6 episodes left, and that the James and Teresa relationship has been one of the more important ones of the show, so they’re keeping him around because he’ll have a role in the show’s ending (whatever that is). However, for the character, I don’t understand why he would stick around. 

• Love 4

I like Teresa's symbolic blazer, its like she's turned into Two Face the coke smuggler. Kelly Anne's tirade at the fed was so intense that I about thought she was going to snap her own neck. 

I have no idea how they are going to wrap everything up in six episodes, I wonder if they might do a time skip in the last few episodes so we can wrap the New Orleans plot up and we cut to Teresa as the Queenpin. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Finally got caught up on the episodes:
S5e2
Kelly Anne still seems off to me. Like she's a double agent for somebody.

Her being pregnant might change things though. If she really is pregnant, that is.

S5e3
Teresa should've known Lafayette would lose his head and double-cross her. 😏

Seems to me the play was to make Boaz tape a confession and then have him "accidentally" fall off a tall building.

Lucien is probably the one who gave Dumas up for the bounty. Either that or someone followed him when he went to meet Marcel.

It was a good thing James was the one who went to get Marcel. Pote might not have been able to lose the police tail and it would've turned into a shootout on the open freeway.

Teresa, no! Why would you give up Marcel now after everything that's happened? You're just earned some bad, bad karma, heifer Jefa.

James is looking at Teresa some type of way now. He must think if she'll give up Marcel, she'll give up him too if she decides she doesn't have a choice. And that was after she decided not to kill Boaz and let him go back to work.

Funny Teresa went to the guy and asked if he would like to take the rap and go to jail. As if he would be honored and say "Hell yeah. I'll go".

That did happen not too long ago on Snowfall. The guy agreed to it because the kingpin was going to pay him and also keep the guy's family in comfort while he was away. People on reddit are laughingly starting to say Snowfall is like a precursor to QOTS since it takes place in the 1980s.

S5e4
Pote's going to be a helicopter papi. Poor Kelly Anne.

Aw, Marcel, don't put your crew in the middle of your beef with Teresa. They have bills to pay too.

Surprised James hadn't done his homework enough to know Lafayette's cop had someone living with him. Someone in the medical profession no less. Was that shot he gave the cop something that would make the death look like a heart attack?

How stupid was Lucien? Did he really think Teresa would just take his word for it about Dumas?

Teresa out there trying to speak to the greater good of what she did and James was like, "sure, whatever." He is so over her. Why is he sticking around?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

I'm not a fan of Boaz but I do appreciate him easily seeing through Teresa and George. 

Could George be any more obvious? Boaz knew something was up the moment he walked through the door. There was a time when he was talking to Boaz about killing Lafayette and I thought he was working for the FBI and wearing a wire. Then he's on the phone with Teresa speaking out loud about Boaz. Don't do drugs!! 

Am I wrong to think Boaz is loyal to Teresa (except for killing Lafayette when she wanted him alive). Now Teresa has re-routed the shipment and sent George to spy, she is making him angry.

I wonder if the the guy really had an ulterior motive and deserved to be shot or was it a ploy from Boaz to trick George/Teresa.

Note to Boaz: Don't walk on the road if Tiger Woods is driving by.

Oksana showed serious weakness going to Teresa. Looking nervous, begging for help and now Teresa got Oksana's side hussle going.  Now she's in Teresa's debt. 

Oksana is into women?

How does Oksana not have more than one molly lab running so production wouldn't stop for a week?

Teresa bringing Poland and Russia together, buying a hotel, breaking a man's nose, avoiding bullets, retrieving all the molly! Can the Queen do anything wrong now? James can try to talk her down but it won't work. She's on a power trip.

With Durand now gone, Teresa could take all his valuable art.

All the talk from Pote about the baby, I hope it's not a foreshadow to something terrible happening to him and/or Kelly Anne. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I'm not a fan of Boaz but I do appreciate him easily seeing through Teresa and George. 

Could George be any more obvious? Boaz knew something was up the moment he walked through the door. There was a time when he was talking to Boaz about killing Lafayette and I thought he was working for the FBI and wearing a wire. Then he's on the phone with Teresa speaking out loud about Boaz. Don't do drugs!! 

All the talk from Pote about the baby, I hope it's not a foreshadow to something terrible happening to him and/or Kelly Anne. 

I love Boaz. I just think he’s a fun character. I’ve always liked George too, but he was embarrassingly transparent! Just terrible. Really, it’s Teresa’s operation. She should’ve just gotten on a plane and went down there and told Boaz to show her how it works. Sending George to snoop around was cringeworthy! 

At the very least, she should’ve sent James. He is a better liar, stealthy, and wouldn’t have been so obvious, but hey, James is in Germany riding motorcycles, shooting up hotels, stealing Van Gogh paintings, sniping folks....I guess he can’t be everywhere. If James is not her highest paid employee, he should quit lol. 

As for Pote and KellyAnne. It does seem like something bad is coming their way. That’s honestly the only reason that I can think that they have forced (IMO) them so much this season. I like both characters on their own, but I find them as a couple and their baby story to be very boring and a waste of valuable screen time that could be going to more interesting plots. 

Oksana is a mess. Teresa needs to get away from her before she brings her more trouble.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Am I wrong to think Boaz is loyal to Teresa (except for killing Lafayette when she wanted him alive). Now Teresa has re-routed the shipment and sent George to spy, she is making him angry.

This is pretty much me, though I also think it wouldn't take too much regardless for Boaz to go rogue, given how often he's done it before.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

stealing Van Gogh paintings

This entire plot line practically ruined my eyes from rolling them so hard. First of all, the art dealer and his minion didn't know it was stolen from a hotel IN BERLIN? Maybe they don't care (which is fine), but to accept Teresa's explanation as it being from a client who didn't have the cash is ridiculous. And then Durand locks to door and only then Teresa and Oksana exchange uh-oh glances? What did they expect? Teresa looked incredibly naive and inexperienced.

10 hours ago, mxc90 said:

With Durand now gone, Teresa could take all his valuable art.

I hope at least some of it survived the shootout, heh.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

As for Pote and KellyAnne. It does seem like something bad is coming their way.

I can also see them getting a HEA. Sometimes the show does zig instead of zag. And it would be kind of ironic in a very obvious way, and the show loves that.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I can also see them getting a HEA. Sometimes the show does zig instead of zag. And it would be kind of ironic in a very obvious way, and the show loves that.

That is true. My belief is solely based on the fact that 1) they have gotten a lot screentime, when they got very little in season 4; and 2) they’re happy now, and no one seems to stay happy too long on this show lol. That’s the main reason why I also think James and Teresa may end up together (if James doesn’t die, which is a real possibility IMO) because they’re not together or happy now. But you’re right, the show definitely could switch it up. 

Also, in terms of Boaz, I always think of him as someone who is loyal until he’s not - and you never know when that will be. I think Teresa and George’s very obvious snooping will accelerate him going against her, but I think it would’ve always happened eventually. Ive always thought it was odd that she gave so much free reign to a man who shot his brother point blank in the head to gain power.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

First of all, the art dealer and his minion didn't know it was stolen from a hotel IN BERLIN? Maybe they don't care (which is fine), but to accept Teresa's explanation as it being from a client who didn't have the cash is ridiculous.

That bothered me at first, too, but then I thought maybe her reply was ambiguous enough that it could imply the hotel owner was the client, or that he was giving himself the equivalent of deniability by accepting her answer, no matter how ridiculous it was, in order to see what would happen next.

• Love 2

I thought about that, too, @rur, but I'd have thought Durand would have said something.

I guess since Durand deals in stolen art, it doesn't really matter where it comes from. I just wish the painting hadn't been in the same city he was. 

• Love 2

I wonder if sending George in to check on Boaz was a good idea, both because it seems like kicking a hornets nest messing with Boaz and because George is about as subtle as that giant boat he bought while high on coke. I love George, but stealthy he is not, he was so obvious talking about the judge that I half thought he was working for the FBI and was wearing a wire. If Theresa wasn't going to kill Boaz right away after going rogue, then maybe it was for the best to just let him do his thing without messing with him. I do think that he had no real desire to betray Theresa now that he got his revenge, but now he's pissed that she doesn't trust him. 

I too am worried about the baby, all of the talk about how excited Kelly Anne and Pote are and are planning a future, it all seems to be setting them up for tragedy. 

If Theresa wanted to go for stealth with Boaz she should have gone with James, who is basically a superspy, but I guess he was busy with an actual damn art heist in Berlin. Turns out its actually super easy to steal paintings, who knew?

• Love 3